PDA

View Full Version : Patch is great, fifties are better, but AI is now dumb and dumber!

Col_Tibbetts
05-20-2004, 09:48 PM
I'll start off by saying that I am very pleased with the patch. My Ma-Deuces are actually inflicting damage now and I can actually see out of the P38 rear view mirror! WHOO HOOO! I thought I would never see the day when a short deflection burst of .50 fire would tare a plane to shreds but now no problem! I actually make it back with spare ammo now!

The only thing is that the AI seems to be dumber than ever! I made a single mission a while ago where my P38 squad is matched agaist the infamous Ki-84. Yeah I like a challenge! Anyway before the patch those little buggers gave my less nimble P38 a really hard time. I had a hell of a time shooting at least one down and my AI wingmen could do nothing more than get themselves shot to peices. However now when I play the mission they turn once and then fly straight and level for a good amount of time when I get on their six. They make themselves easy targets and more than once I simgle handedly shot all four down. They fly like they are set on ROOKIE but I have them set on ACE. Those AI Ki-84s used to have my P38 for breakfast, lunch and dinner most of the time.

Has anyone else noticed that the AI has been lobotomized?

Col_Tibbetts

Col_Tibbetts
05-20-2004, 09:48 PM
I'll start off by saying that I am very pleased with the patch. My Ma-Deuces are actually inflicting damage now and I can actually see out of the P38 rear view mirror! WHOO HOOO! I thought I would never see the day when a short deflection burst of .50 fire would tare a plane to shreds but now no problem! I actually make it back with spare ammo now!

The only thing is that the AI seems to be dumber than ever! I made a single mission a while ago where my P38 squad is matched agaist the infamous Ki-84. Yeah I like a challenge! Anyway before the patch those little buggers gave my less nimble P38 a really hard time. I had a hell of a time shooting at least one down and my AI wingmen could do nothing more than get themselves shot to peices. However now when I play the mission they turn once and then fly straight and level for a good amount of time when I get on their six. They make themselves easy targets and more than once I simgle handedly shot all four down. They fly like they are set on ROOKIE but I have them set on ACE. Those AI Ki-84s used to have my P38 for breakfast, lunch and dinner most of the time.

Has anyone else noticed that the AI has been lobotomized?

Col_Tibbetts

cd.jakevas
05-20-2004, 10:07 PM
havent played that much offline, but I noticed the same thing. Seems like last patch they were much harder to kill, but now its different. Again Im not completely sure because Ive only played maybe 40 minutes or so offline with the new patch.

http://members.cox.net/jakevas/sig8.jpg