PDA

View Full Version : Black Forests w nVidia 6800GS +Forceware 8 +

jwecross
03-31-2006, 02:23 PM
Has anyone experienced a problem with forest textures on nVidia cards where the forest edge trees appear black, but the main forest texture is correct - giving treed areas a weird outlined appearance?

I've got an nVidia 6800GS, no OC, all settings on maximum (perfect ground/water + everything else on maximum value). It doesn't seem to matter what setting you have forest= set to in the conf.ini file, the problem still occurs. I don't see this on my older ATI 9700Pro, but I do with the nVidia unit - all forceware versions above 8.

Can anybody help with this issue? The sim is still quite playable (great framerates), but this is pretty annoying due to the distraction.

S!

TerminalVelocity

jwecross
03-31-2006, 02:23 PM
Has anyone experienced a problem with forest textures on nVidia cards where the forest edge trees appear black, but the main forest texture is correct - giving treed areas a weird outlined appearance?

I've got an nVidia 6800GS, no OC, all settings on maximum (perfect ground/water + everything else on maximum value). It doesn't seem to matter what setting you have forest= set to in the conf.ini file, the problem still occurs. I don't see this on my older ATI 9700Pro, but I do with the nVidia unit - all forceware versions above 8.

Can anybody help with this issue? The sim is still quite playable (great framerates), but this is pretty annoying due to the distraction.

S!

TerminalVelocity

CapBackassward
03-31-2006, 02:52 PM
I have a 6800 GS and although I don't have the problem you're refering to, I do get square snow textures in early morning missions or late evening missions in the winter. Between 10 am and 2 pm I don't get the messed-up textures suggesting it is probably a driver+shader problem. I don't really expect Nvidia to fix it although a Nvidia driver tuned to the newer vid cards for IL2 would be great.

Rick

ps: other than that, IL2 looks really great on the newer vid cards.

stansdds
04-01-2006, 04:55 AM
You may want to try different drivers. Also play with the AA and AF to find what combination works best. You may also want to play with the game settings regarding texture compression and filtering modes.

PlaneEater
04-01-2006, 10:53 AM
Set the 'UseAlpha' option in your conf.ini to '0' (ie, off).

That'll fix it.