PDA

View Full Version : AC2 Ratings (US Version)? Sex in game now?

ltolman
09-30-2009, 04:38 PM
Well here goes...I did a search, spent a good 10-15minutes but didnt find my answer.

Let alone I heard new information as of today and obviously no posts.

First off let me say that if I visit assassins creed dot com' website it lists a 18+ from PEGI; well PEGI is another countries version of ESRB. If I visit the PEGI boards to find out what 18+ means, it symbolizes a few things including "sexual content" which is almost an equivelant to a AO for USA???

Well anyways, say the US version of Assassins Creed 2 is rated M

Well M doesnt really 100% mean "sexual content"; afterall I just picked up Assassins Creed 1' box and it is rated M but only for "Blood", "Strong Language", and "Violence"

So I just visited news 4 gamers.com today and saw an article that Assassins Creed 2 might feature or have some "sex" in the game.

I am asking what the US rating will be or is it not even announced yet? (the specifications of the rating that is)

ltolman
09-30-2009, 04:38 PM
Well here goes...I did a search, spent a good 10-15minutes but didnt find my answer.

First off let me say that if I visit assassins creed dot com' website it lists a 18+ from PEGI; well PEGI is another countries version of ESRB. If I visit the PEGI boards to find out what 18+ means, it symbolizes a few things including "sexual content" which is almost an equivelant to a AO for USA???

Well M doesnt really 100% mean "sexual content"; afterall I just picked up Assassins Creed 1' box and it is rated M but only for "Blood", "Strong Language", and "Violence"

So I just visited news 4 gamers.com today and saw an article that Assassins Creed 2 might feature or have some "sex" in the game.

I am asking what the US rating will be or is it not even announced yet? (the specifications of the rating that is)

bladencrowd
09-30-2009, 04:43 PM
The sex scene is similar to sex in Fable 2, if you have ever played it. You don't see anything explicit, so the game will still be M.

SBRedFlag
09-30-2009, 04:44 PM
Why put the word sex in quotes?

Anyway, sexual content does not mean sex. Sexual content can mean anything from just kissing to innuendo or jokes.

And no, there won't be any "sex" (why'd you put it in quotes again?) in the game...

(Why do I get deja vu from the entire shadowgamer2009 problem?)

Edit: Akh!!! Bladencrowd ninja'd me!

banner420
09-30-2009, 04:47 PM
y is having a little bit of sex in a game so bad or such a big deal..its not gonna show anything but the girls bare back and then itll go black and that will be that

caswallawn_2k7
09-30-2009, 04:48 PM
according to the PEGI site AC1 was 18+ purely for violence. (probably why it was only a 15 in the UK on the old system) if you go on the PEGI ratings they show symbols for why the raiting was given. PEGI (http://www.pegi.info/en/index/) they haven't rated AC2 yet as the game hasn't been released to them yet for rating so there is no way to tell how or why the game will be rated yet.

banner420
09-30-2009, 04:50 PM
if ac1 was m im sure ac2 is gonna be m specially since theres alot more ways to kill and the little sex scene

door_noob
09-30-2009, 05:04 PM
Judging from the age verification on the official Assassin's Creed 2 website, ESRB is going to give the game an M rating. And since the is also an enourmouse amount of blood, and Ezio axing people on the head with an axe, it's deffinatly going to be rated M.

DogenzakaSMASH
09-30-2009, 06:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ltolman:

I am asking what the US rating will be or is it not even announced yet? (the specifications of the rating that is) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

M ratings can have sexual content.

" MATURE
Titles rated M (Mature) have content that may be suitable for persons ages 17 and older. Titles in this category may contain intense violence, blood and gore, sexual content and/or strong language."

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/ratings_guide.jsp

You could have just gone to the ESRB website and found out yourself :/

Justin-x
09-30-2009, 06:25 PM
Ugh, I am really getting tired of many people complaining about things in games that they dont think are appropriate for it."There is too much blood" "Theres sex in it" You know, the rating system is there for a reason, and if you dont feel comfortable with these things, then dont play it.

Sorry just had to rant there
Back on topic: The rating of AC2 is, and will always be "M". I know Ubi and they dont make sex scenes. Maybe some romance scenes *Cough* Prince of Persia*cough* but never anything over a "M" rating.

thekyle0
09-30-2009, 06:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sbredflag:
Why put the word sex in quotes?

Anyway, sexual content does not mean sex. Sexual content can mean anything from just kissing to innuendo or jokes.

And no, there won't be any "sex" (why'd you put it in quotes again?) in the game...

(Why do I get deja vu from the entire shadowgamer2009 problem?)

Edit: Akh!!! Bladencrowd ninja'd me! </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Itolman was registered in 2005. How could you possibly conclude that he was that shadowgamer? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

An_Idea
09-30-2009, 07:08 PM
well there's no way its teen because of the blood and violence, and if its adult for the little sex scene, well thats just stupid..... it really is just your lady friends bare back and then a black screen, no noises like fable II either.

banner420
09-30-2009, 07:36 PM
its gonna be rated M for blood and gore,adult content,maybe strong language but probly not..its gonna be m and thats that

An_Idea
09-30-2009, 07:38 PM
yep, adult is like pure blatant nudity, and no teen game would ever have this much blood http://www.player1.ca/wp-conte...eed-2-front-copy.jpg (http://www.player1.ca/wp-content/assassins-creed-2-front-copy.jpg)

and thats not even that much

banner420
09-30-2009, 07:46 PM
yea thats tiny blood compared to gow or ng

An_Idea
09-30-2009, 07:48 PM
well there are some pics with a lotta blood but i couldnt find them, now THIS is an M rated game:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_1sHl.../MadWorld_screen.jpg (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_1sHleFmwN54/SgI6a5J4RvI/AAAAAAAAAow/TN_ZE8s3q5M/s800/MadWorld_screen.jpg)

banner420
09-30-2009, 07:54 PM
that looks fun http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

UchihaKarasu
09-30-2009, 08:12 PM
They won't being showing the sex scene in the game, if you press the right button, you will slide your girlfriends clothes off (all you get to see is her exposed back) and then it fades out.

door_noob
09-30-2009, 08:17 PM
^ And who knows what happens if you press the wrong button. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

the amolang
09-30-2009, 08:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bladencrowd:
The sex scene is similar to sex in Fable 2, if you have ever played it. You don't see anything explicit, so the game will still be M. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think that you could even call it a "sex" scene. It's more like a romantic scene as it doesn't show anything. but I wouldn't compare it to Fable 2. I think its still going to show more than that. It says it shows the woman's bare upper back and thats about it, but I think that is still more than Fable 2. But I am glad that its done a lot more tastefully than Fable 2, fable 2 was really annoying in the way they did it with the sounds and all...

Big-Boss_777
09-30-2009, 08:30 PM
bak in 08 i knew there had to b some kind of sex scenes(or w/e u wanna call it)since this article said tht the new assassin will be suductive lol so i implied tht ezio will be havin sex like a hobby http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

but still its a natural thing to hv sex in the game also im pretty sure tht u need some kind of female interaction in the game since ezio is a man and need of compasion and love n stuff

UchihaKarasu
09-30-2009, 08:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by door_noob:
^ And who knows what happens if you press the wrong button. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apparently if you press the "wrong" button, you just share a kiss XD

banner420
09-30-2009, 09:02 PM
ezio doesnt need it they just put it in..and i wonder what would happen if you pushed the wrong button..and is it gonna be like you have to mash the rite button like as in trianle circle x or square or u just gotta mash ne button at the right time?

An_Idea
09-30-2009, 09:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by amolang:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bladencrowd:
The sex scene is similar to sex in Fable 2, if you have ever played it. You don't see anything explicit, so the game will still be M. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think that you could even call it a "sex" scene. It's more like a romantic scene as it doesn't show anything. but I wouldn't compare it to Fable 2. I think its still going to show more than that. It says it shows the woman's bare upper back and thats about it, but I think that is still more than Fable 2. But I am glad that its done a lot more tastefully than Fable 2, fable 2 was really annoying in the way they did it with the sounds and all... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i thought Fable was funny, the prostitutes said some funny things, then they robbed me so i killed em http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

banner420
09-30-2009, 09:16 PM
the prostitutes could rob u lol..thats pretty funny

An_Idea
09-30-2009, 09:17 PM
haha yeah. and a few tried to kill me. but no one can kill me.... EVER

banner420
09-30-2009, 09:19 PM
thats just funny lol dont think thatll be in ac2 but still funny

An_Idea
09-30-2009, 09:21 PM
haha yeah, Assassins Creed takes itself to seriously for that. but it will defiantly be a better game.

banner420
09-30-2009, 09:24 PM
but there giving ac2 some humor like what i read about the conversation he has with his mom thats pretty funny

An_Idea
09-30-2009, 09:25 PM
?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! what conversation http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif i wanna hear it

the amolang
09-30-2009, 09:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by An_Idea:
haha yeah, Assassins Creed takes itself to seriously for that. but it will defiantly be a better game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AC2 will take these types of things more serious than that, and I'm happy that they do, not that Fable 2 was that horrible of a game but I just thought it was slightly annoying that they tried to make everything funny, which isn't bad but sometimes you want it to be serious...

And now that we know that AC2 will have scenes like this, I wonder how often it will happen. Will it be quite common in the game? I wonder if those courtesans will be able to sleep with you... I personally hope not, I am okay if they add this in once or twice in the narrative but it shouldn't be an option...

An_Idea
09-30-2009, 09:32 PM
yeah they should build it into the story, not just ezio sees a lady and the next scene theyre in bed.

banner420
09-30-2009, 09:35 PM
i dont think youl be able to just hook up with ne chick in the game..i think if it happens more than once itll just be a few times

An_Idea
09-30-2009, 09:41 PM
he might flirt with one of the faction leaders and get slapped in the face, i wanna see that

banner420
09-30-2009, 09:43 PM
yea..it depends tho if they make him a faithful kinda guy or a cheater type..they say hes a ladies man or w.e so im thinking a cheater type so he might flirt around

An_Idea
09-30-2009, 09:44 PM
yeah. might use his "italian sexiness" to get info

Xanatos2007
09-30-2009, 09:46 PM
I hope not, it'd be more "James Bomd" rather than "Uber-cool Assassin". He's already got loads of fancy gadgets, that's about as JB as it should get.

the amolang
09-30-2009, 09:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by An_Idea:
yeah they should build it into the story, not just ezio sees a lady and the next scene theyre in bed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

exactly

haha, I can see my mom seeing me watch this game. she will be like, she will be shaking her head and being like, I can't believe my son is playing this :P

banner420
09-30-2009, 09:50 PM
yea james bond lol the new movies are kinda cool but boo..the only jb game i liked was golden eye for the n64 lol but yea keep the sexual content to a minimum so i can have lots of time slaying *****es

An_Idea
09-30-2009, 09:51 PM
hahaha, well i just wanna get ma gun XD, but yeah if theres just random sex scenes the games story would kinda lose its.... story

banner420
09-30-2009, 09:54 PM
yep but im pretty sure that its not gonna be there to much possibly just that one..maybe youll be able to kiss a few ppl but not to many blacked out scenes

An_Idea
09-30-2009, 09:55 PM
yeah that would be ok

banner420
09-30-2009, 09:57 PM
gosh..im depressing having 48 more days to go http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

An_Idea
09-30-2009, 09:58 PM
i kno wat u mean, almost 47 days but still, i hope they accidentally get shipped early and we all get them in a week XD

banner420
09-30-2009, 09:59 PM
that would be a miracle lol

An_Idea
09-30-2009, 10:01 PM
i hope its not delayed or the shipping's messed up and we hafta wait even longer. i think i would die

banner420
09-30-2009, 10:04 PM
thatd be bs...ubi if you ever read this YOU BETTER NOT DELAY THIS GAME..id be so ****ed

An_Idea
09-30-2009, 10:07 PM
me to, id probably buy MW2, but still keep ma pre-order on AC2 so i wouldnt get bored XD

banner420
09-30-2009, 10:14 PM
thats y im getting both http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif..so if it does get delayed i wont be to miserable

Ant__.
10-01-2009, 06:39 AM
This thread has strayed off topic, and become a spam party between two users, earning it a padlock.

Topic Closed.