PDA

View Full Version : Are there more factions to announce?

Loadstone007
03-23-2011, 12:12 PM
There are only five, and as a Heroes fan for many years now, I'm having a hard time looking at the new creatures.
I can deal with a change, but there are so many creatures I miss. For example, the Nature class, the Titans and black dragons. What's the deal with the Sanctuary faction? I don't like it! It seems like it's there because people like Yoga these days...

I hope another faction will be announced. And if not, then an expansion pack. A much needed one, I might add.

Loadstone007
03-23-2011, 12:12 PM
There are only five, and as a Heroes fan for many years now, I'm having a hard time looking at the new creatures.
I can deal with a change, but there are so many creatures I miss. For example, the Nature class, the Titans and black dragons. What's the deal with the Sanctuary faction? I don't like it! It seems like it's there because people like Yoga these days...

I hope another faction will be announced. And if not, then an expansion pack. A much needed one, I might add.

Thunion
03-24-2011, 08:33 AM
No 5 factions is all what vanilla have.. and i hate it to,ITS NOT ENOUGH! 6 is minimum in my opinion but well i hope we will have at least 3 factions total in expansions...

rbxaureus
03-24-2011, 10:30 AM
Just to throw my 2 cents in. I play heroes almost uniformly multiplayer (hotseat with my wife or friends) and as far as future content is concerned, I would love for black hole to spend as much time as possible on multiplayer maps and new factions. That is the content most important to me at least.

WaterPoloLaw
03-24-2011, 11:22 AM
I think 5 factions is fine. In previous games, units and abilities became too redundant. I would rather have them spend a lot of time making 5 truely unique and different factions, than 6 or more that feel roughly the exact same.

There have been hints that future expansion packs will have two factions per pack instead of one, which if true would mean a total of 9 factions. Surely the wizards will return as a faction since they play such a HUGE role in the story of Ashan. I am guessing we will at least see the Sylvan faction return as well, if for no other reason than they have a very distinctive "feel."

IMHO, Dungeon and fortress may or may not come back, but they most likely will in some form. My bet is that they will return, but both of these factions will be so revamped that they feel like entirely new factions.

As far as the factions in the game thus far, I could not be more excited. I like the new Sanctuary faction (and wish they would do more original factions rather than re-writes of old factions in the future).

In summary, yes, I believe we will see all 4 remaining factions return in two separate expansions. However, all 4 factions will be completely reworked so they have the feel of entirely new factions.

Loadstone007
03-24-2011, 11:38 AM
Well, I miss Heroes 2&3. H6 looks great and all, but changing the factions too much like that and using only 3 resources is freaking me out.

How can they change something so important in the game? HOW?!?

Nxss
03-24-2011, 12:03 PM
Aside from the core mechanics, every version of Heroes has been different from the last. Each one has its own uniqueness to it and that is why I love the series so much. H6 could have had four factions and one resource and I still would have pre-ordered it!

We are really not going to know how all this comes into play until we get to play the game. Personally, I think it looks great and the changes should give the series the kick in the giggleberries that it needs! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Loadstone007
03-24-2011, 12:51 PM
I sure hope you're right. I played Heroes 1 as a little kid, and still get all worked up when a new version is in the horizon.

I hope to be able to teach my (possible) future children how to play this game. It would be so awesome to be able to play against my kids in Hotseat! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Asterisk
03-24-2011, 01:09 PM
^ Exactly my plan of action... I hope to play H6 with my wife when it comes out.

Loadstone007
03-24-2011, 01:14 PM
For some reason my girlfriend never liked Heroes. But she's mad about C&C 3... She prefers tanks and troopers over legendary creatures and magical artifacts. Go figure.

Nalafein
03-24-2011, 02:16 PM
srsly.. I have a faint hope that there will be 5 campagin factions, but more factions will be avaiable in multiplayer mode.. They did not add my top 3 factions. BUMMER!!!!! only necropolis and inferno left of top 5. it hurts, so bad http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif.

WaterPoloLaw
03-24-2011, 09:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nalafein:
srsly.. I have a faint hope that there will be 5 campagin factions, but more factions will be avaiable in multiplayer mode.. They did not add my top 3 factions. BUMMER!!!!! only necropolis and inferno left of top 5. it hurts, so bad http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like I said, I am happy with the choices made.

The truth is that NONE of the old factions are truely returning. Every single faction has been totally revamped...in a good way. Take necropolis for example. There are really only 4 creatures that are returning in anyway from past installments (skeleton, ghost, lich, vampire). Those few creatures returning have undergone massive changes. Infero? Only 3 creatures are returning (PL, HH, and succubus). The other 4 creatures are entirely new.

That said, I would not worry about the absence of the old facitons for now. At least most of them will be returning in some form in future expansions. Personally, I would rather have an entirely fresh perspective on 5 factions.

xelse
03-25-2011, 12:50 AM
Having more factions for the sake of a lot of factions doesn't make too much sense to me. I'm really hoping that each faction will be more developed, and presented with an epic backstory. If they can tie each faction together with a really compelling story and then mix it all up with tactical strategy, then I'd buy that game--well I already pre-ordered it so I guess all I can do is pat them on the back for a job well done.

Nalafein
03-25-2011, 05:50 AM
Well, its not for the sake of having a lot of factions. I do hope all factions are returing with a rewamp. That would be sweet indeed.
But think, would you play this game for 12 years with only 5 factions to choose from? wouldnt you get boored? there are a lot of old core units that we are missing at the moment, especially what is pretty core for fantasy games in general.

Elfs, Dwarfs. what about Warlocks and wizards? Whitches and hags? etc.

dont get me wrong, im happy about those factions we will receive. its just that when your used to have atleast 8 factions to pick from in a franchise you love. its odd to go back to 5. that would be less creatures to kill on the map that are diffrent, less neutral buildings etc etc.

what i worry about is less game content. its not that im unhappy with what we've got allready(even though that it might sound like it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif)

Thunion
03-25-2011, 07:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Only 3 creatures are returning (PL, HH, and succubus). The other 4 creatures are entirely new. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
New meybe.Entirely-not.Well of course that breeder is really unque,and i like him alots.However Juggernout and tormentor are pretty similar both are 2 Leg Mid level walkers,they are kind of Horn-Demon Legacy for me,and i would be ok with it if there would be only one..why 2? + we got maniac,another 2 leg walker but well he is a bit diffrent,just a bit ;/.
Btw not all factions are that unque as you say,for example Stronghold got 2 "unique" creatures:Shaman and jaguar,but well we have seen shamans mot of homms,this ones only diffrence is that he is a bit mutated.And Jaguar warior,he is the newest stronghold warior,however he is still an orc.
The thing i would like to is that every faction would have theyr own Breeder.(aka very unque creature)

Asterisk
03-25-2011, 08:10 AM
I hate that "Mutated" shizz. First of all, it belongs to Sci-Fi and second of all, it looks gross. I want my Troll throwers.

Nalafein
03-25-2011, 09:27 AM
Well wizards tend to experiment with magic. So it does not only qualify for Sci-fi. Its fantasy in general.