PDA

View Full Version : Please add TRACER SMOKE to 50's even if only on 2 guns!

VF-3Thunderboy
10-29-2004, 12:30 PM
Please please patch the 50s with smokey tracers, enen if its only 2 guns, this will look much much better!!!!

Please please please!!!

Bump this thing if you read it to say "Aye!!!" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

MichaelMar
10-29-2004, 12:51 PM
Agreed! I fly the FiatG50 and would like to see tracer fire from the twin 50cal. Did the 50cal have tracers...I am not sure?

THX

VF2_John_Banks
10-29-2004, 12:54 PM
You bet it had!

Every single mm of gun cam footage on this planet which is still available and which features the 50 cals cleary shows that they had trace smoke.

xTHRUDx
10-29-2004, 01:02 PM
smoke = FPS hit, no thanks

smoke from muzzle flash i might go for.

Obi_Kwiet
10-29-2004, 03:02 PM
I don't like the tracer smoke in this game. It's just a 2D shader, not volumetric smoke. B17 2, while a crappy game in almost very way, had awesome tracer smoke. Our tracer smoke looks like **** because it doesn’t disperse, and it looks blocky near the beginning.

GateKreeper
10-29-2004, 10:47 PM
Yes, please add tracer smoke to the .50's, please.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by xTHRUDx:
smoke = FPS hit, no thanks

smoke from muzzle flash i might go for. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

xTHRUDx - the fps hit from tracer smoke is almost non-existamt.

Proof??? go into QMB, create a 32 plane furball with all planes WITHOUT tracer smoke. (ie. US planes with .50's) and record your fps,....then...

create a 32 plane furball with all planes WITH tracer smoke, you may get a 1 or 2 fps hit, that is all, and that is with many, many planes on screen at once. (at least for me, thats what I get)