PDA

View Full Version : Alexander Haig, former secretary of state, dies

stalkervision
02-20-2010, 01:43 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35...e_politics?Gt1=43001 (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35493785/ns/politics-more_politics?Gt1=43001)

remember him?

stalkervision
02-20-2010, 01:43 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35...e_politics?Gt1=43001 (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35493785/ns/politics-more_politics?Gt1=43001)

remember him?

knightflyte
02-20-2010, 03:40 PM
Who's in charge now that he's passed?

OysterShot
02-20-2010, 03:48 PM
**** Cheney

Targ
02-20-2010, 08:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by knightflyte:
Who's in charge now that he's passed? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He never said that and was mis-quoted by our left wing nut job media.

the quote is "As of now, I am in control, here."

"When two of his companies were engaged by a large hostile force, Colonel Haig landed amid a hail of fire, personally took charge of the units, called for artillery and air fire support and succeeded in soundly defeating the insurgent force...the next day a barrage of 400 rounds was fired by the Viet Cong, but it was ineffective because of the warning and preparations by Colonel Haig. As the barrage subsided, a force three times larger than his began a series of human wave assaults on the camp. Heedless of the danger himself, Colonel Haig repeatedly braved intense hostile fire to survey the battlefield. His personal courage and determination, and his skillful employment of every defense and support tactic possible, inspired his men to fight with previously unimagined power. Although his force was outnumbered three to one, Colonel Haig succeeded in inflicting 592 casualties on the Viet Cong... (HQ US Army, Vietnam, General Orders No. 2318 (May 22, 1967)"

RIP Genaral

Bearcat99
02-20-2010, 09:32 PM
~!S!~ RIP

horkon2010
02-20-2010, 09:45 PM
I met Haig in 84', He was a gentleman and extremly friendly. We discussed a number of issues relating to the military and naturally we discussed his hobby which also happens to be mine. He didn't drink heavily and even complimented me on my taste in wines. He knew many one liners and was really up on what Paris Hilton was wearing.

WhiteKnight77
02-20-2010, 10:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by horkon2010:
I met Haig in 84', He was a gentleman and extremly friendly. We discussed a number of issues relating to the military and naturally we discussed his hobby which also happens to be mine. He didn't drink heavily and even complimented me on my taste in wines. He knew many one liners and was really up on what Paris Hilton was wearing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure he knew Paris Hilton was wearing diapers or training pants in 84, if he even knew who she was as she was but 3 years old. She was a nobody at that time.

AndyJWest
02-20-2010, 10:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">...She was a nobody at that time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A nobody with very wealthy relatives. The makes you a somebody.

Back on topic, I could almost miss Haig. Old-fashioned right-wing militarists used at least to have a little style. These days they mostly seem to resemble somebody you'd encounter wandering around a supermarket muttering about Martians and catfood.

Can anyone confirm that he was related to Earl Haig of WWI infamy?

joeap
02-21-2010, 03:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WhiteKnight77:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by horkon2010:
I met Haig in 84' , He was a gentleman and extremly friendly. We discussed a number of issues relating to the military and naturally we discussed his hobby which also happens to be mine. He didn't drink heavily and even complimented me on my taste in wines. He knew many one liners and was really up on what Paris Hilton was wearing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure he knew Paris Hilton was wearing diapers or training pants in 84, if he even knew who she was as she was but 3 years old. She was a nobody at that time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif Busted.

knightflyte
02-21-2010, 06:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Targ:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by knightflyte:
Who's in charge now that he's passed? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He never said that and was mis-quoted by our left wing nut job media.

the quote is "As of now, I am in control, here."

"When two of his companies were engaged by a large hostile force, Colonel Haig landed amid a hail of fire, personally took charge of the units, called for artillery and air fire support and succeeded in soundly defeating the insurgent force...the next day a barrage of 400 rounds was fired by the Viet Cong, but it was ineffective because of the warning and preparations by Colonel Haig. As the barrage subsided, a force three times larger than his began a series of human wave assaults on the camp. Heedless of the danger himself, Colonel Haig repeatedly braved intense hostile fire to survey the battlefield. His personal courage and determination, and his skillful employment of every defense and support tactic possible, inspired his men to fight with previously unimagined power. Although his force was outnumbered three to one, Colonel Haig succeeded in inflicting 592 casualties on the Viet Cong... (HQ US Army, Vietnam, General Orders No. 2318 (May 22, 1967)"

RIP Genaral </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the correction.