PDA

View Full Version : Idea for Assassin Recruits, what do you think?

LordWolv
12-15-2010, 12:54 AM
Well, firstly I think the assassin recuit controls are too basic. So far you can only call them and use arrow storm, so I had an idea..

I have the idea of a sort of assassin wheel. Like the weapon wheel, when you hold the button you can select what you want (Call 2 assassins, arrow storm, high profile attack etc.). That way, like the weapon wheel, it's a quick but advanced way to call in your assassins.

I bet it will never happen, but what do you think? Thanks! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

LordWolv
12-15-2010, 12:54 AM
Well, firstly I think the assassin recuit controls are too basic. So far you can only call them and use arrow storm, so I had an idea..

I have the idea of a sort of assassin wheel. Like the weapon wheel, when you hold the button you can select what you want (Call 2 assassins, arrow storm, high profile attack etc.). That way, like the weapon wheel, it's a quick but advanced way to call in your assassins.

I bet it will never happen, but what do you think? Thanks! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Gyro458
12-15-2010, 01:03 AM
I like the idea.

nukelukespuke34
12-15-2010, 01:18 AM
I had the same idea a while back. They should definitely implement it in AC3.

Randy 355
12-15-2010, 01:46 AM
So you hold down the left bumper, and rather than just activating the arrow storm it pulls up an "assassin action wheel"? That's a great idea.

You could have actions like:
Attack Target
Arrow Storm
Follow (like Mercenaries/thieves/courtesans)
Perimeter (have them place themselves strategically near guards, but wait for your signal)
Retreat (When there is to many guards and you want them to leave)

Would make the system way more interesting.

sandmanssorrow
12-15-2010, 02:00 AM
Don't like it, not because it's not a good idea but the Assassin Recruits are lame. Make it a multiplayer so my Player 2 controlled Assassin can come in and assist.
In fact if you could make a story mode with like 6 or 8 players playing their own stories in a connected online environment you could have a bunch of Player Assassins come assist or impede even.
I'm not really a fan of any of the Allied AI except the Courtesans. I don't want the Mercenaries eliminating Guards or anyone for me unless it's integral to the story, like closing the three gates at whatshisfaces compound. Most of the time they screw it up or mess with my strategies and routes anyway.
I did like one of the final Assassination Contracts when you had to eliminate 2 groups of 3 brutes without them calling for help from other guards stationed close by, that actually required thought. I suppose if it was a hostile flag race or something the Arrow Storm would be a nice ABILITY but other than that their purpose is just to lower the difficulty of objectives and give me something to waste a little more time, which would be okay also if I could do other things with them, like what I don't know but the leveling them up was only good for adding substance to the story of Etzio's rise to Leader and Mentor etc.

Confusious30
12-15-2010, 02:00 AM
Depending on what's going on in AC3, I'm not so sure it's such a good idea to add the whole "brotherhood" thing to it.

It takes away a lot of the challenge in it. I don't want an apprentice to take the fun out of things. I want to kill everybody.

It's a fine idea for the next AC that's coming out in 2011 (assuming that isn't AC3), though.

LordWolv
12-15-2010, 08:43 AM
I agree, it wouldn't be great in the next title. But I do think it would be a great DLC edition to ACB, or if the next title isn't AC3 in that game.

realgangsta213
12-15-2010, 09:29 AM
I completely understand the less of a challenge argument and greatly emphasise with it but it is simply there for less skilled people to have a bailout card. If you're really good at the game then just don't use your assassins. I for instance just waste my assassin signals eery time they become available like sending 6 assassins to kill a guard on his own. I must admit it is total pawnage watching them though. Having an assassin wheel is nice like an option to stealth kill and then run away because that's a feature that should be available. But i wonder if they'll be able to implement it in the next game a better way so it's more of a challenge or if they'll implement it at all. Either way i'm happy.

RebeccaLH
12-15-2010, 10:25 AM
I like this, i felt like i didnt have much control over my assasins so with a 'wheel' of options and choices i think it would be far better.

DavisP92
12-15-2010, 02:25 PM
This idea is better then how they assassins are used now. but why not even make it better (in my opinion). instead of having 12 assassins there should be only 2 you can have with you. and every assassin recruit has a differen't skill (archery, poisen, gun, sword, knife, smoke bombs, ect.)and all of there abilities can be upgraded. And take away the BAM. instead have the assassin's always with u but they don't attack unless they are needed. ur archer guy will always try to get on a rooftop and u can tell him where to stand and cover u and ur other assassin. he or she will attack anyone who comes after u. and if ur in a fight he or she will shoot their arrows at anyone guard thats about to hit u in the back. if they die then u lose that skilled assassin and you can't get the archer assassin back. this way they could also implement this into the coop where you can have a bow skilled assassin and level up his archery skill, and another weapon skill of his. and ur friend can level up a differen't skill and another weapon.

eldillo009
12-15-2010, 02:54 PM
For me, waiting for brotherhood was definitely one of the most agonizing waits all year. And when it finally did come out, I couldn't help but feel super let down about the recruits! I mean, there's all this info on the blogs and pages and stuff about them before the game, and you can even see in the damn trailer (the sweet E3 one and the one that plays at the start menu of the game) that the assassins all have different weapons, and outfits, and they actually stated you would be able to customize the assassins this way! Maybe I misunderstood about the outfits, but as for the weapons, you don't go and buy new ones for them, or invest in them or anything, they just level up like a ******* facebook game! Come on! And theyr not even that integral to the story! Yea sure you use them in some missions, but they don't advance the story, they don't play a role in the story, the only time you see them in a major scene is when you recruit them, and promote them to assassino. And one last thing- Even though they stated it in every interview, and even in the ******* diary thing, not once in the game is the subject of a right hand assassin recruit EVER MENTIONED. THIS ****ED ME OFFFFFF. I thought it would be cool, and like the relationship in the first assassins creed game between Altair and his master, Al Mualim, just with you're own customizable assassin. I mean it was just a giant LIE! I still like the game, but the recruits just make me sad and angry.

LordWolv
12-16-2010, 01:20 AM
The assassin idea is simply for less-experienced players, but I think with more advanced controls they could make it alot more interesting. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Randy 355
12-16-2010, 01:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eldillo009:
For me, waiting for brotherhood was definitely one of the most agonizing waits all year. And when it finally did come out, I couldn't help but feel super let down about the recruits! I mean, there's all this info on the blogs and pages and stuff about them before the game, and you can even see in the damn trailer (the sweet E3 one and the one that plays at the start menu of the game) that the assassins all have different weapons, and outfits, and they actually stated you would be able to customize the assassins this way! Maybe I misunderstood about the outfits, but as for the weapons, you don't go and buy new ones for them, or invest in them or anything, they just level up like a ******* facebook game! Come on! And theyr not even that integral to the story! Yea sure you use them in some missions, but they don't advance the story, they don't play a role in the story, the only time you see them in a major scene is when you recruit them, and promote them to assassino. And one last thing- Even though they stated it in every interview, and even in the ******* diary thing, not once in the game is the subject of a right hand assassin recruit EVER MENTIONED. THIS ****ED ME OFFFFFF. I thought it would be cool, and like the relationship in the first assassins creed game between Altair and his master, Al Mualim, just with you're own customizable assassin. I mean it was just a giant LIE! I still like the game, but the recruits just make me sad and angry. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, they totally Peter Molyneuxed us, huh?
If they bring back Assassin's, make them affect the story! When you send them on a mission, have that effect how the main story plays out in some way!

To those mad about how easy they made the game... don't use them. I use them on random guards and sometimes to 100% a mission quickly, but you can't complain about how easy they make it if you have an option to use them.

Hex-Fire
12-18-2010, 05:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Croson-5:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eldillo009:
For me, waiting for brotherhood was definitely one of the most agonizing waits all year. And when it finally did come out, I couldn't help but feel super let down about the recruits! I mean, there's all this info on the blogs and pages and stuff about them before the game, and you can even see in the damn trailer (the sweet E3 one and the one that plays at the start menu of the game) that the assassins all have different weapons, and outfits, and they actually stated you would be able to customize the assassins this way! Maybe I misunderstood about the outfits, but as for the weapons, you don't go and buy new ones for them, or invest in them or anything, they just level up like a ******* facebook game! Come on! And theyr not even that integral to the story! Yea sure you use them in some missions, but they don't advance the story, they don't play a role in the story, the only time you see them in a major scene is when you recruit them, and promote them to assassino. And one last thing- Even though they stated it in every interview, and even in the ******* diary thing, not once in the game is the subject of a right hand assassin recruit EVER MENTIONED. THIS ****ED ME OFFFFFF. I thought it would be cool, and like the relationship in the first assassins creed game between Altair and his master, Al Mualim, just with you're own customizable assassin. I mean it was just a giant LIE! I still like the game, but the recruits just make me sad and angry. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, they totally Peter Molyneuxed us, huh?
If they bring back Assassin's, make them affect the story! When you send them on a mission, have that effect how the main story plays out in some way!

To those mad about how easy they made the game... don't use them. I use them on random guards and sometimes to 100% a mission quickly, but you can't complain about how easy they make it if you have an option to use them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea, and you can also personally train them. Like you do a mission and they come along and play a major part of it so they can train.

AVSLP18
01-29-2011, 10:33 AM
all my assassins are level 10 (assassino))