PDA

View Full Version : The Last Express

Tary
01-13-2005, 08:53 AM
We all now the Jordan Mechner created the first two prince of persia games (Prince of Persia 1 in 1989 and prince of persia 2 in 1992) but he also created another game in 1997. An adventure game set on the orient express in 1914 just before the outbreak of the first world war. It is the most fascinatingly deep game I have ever played. It's really hard to find these days. If anyone is intrested I managed to find a trailer for it here http://www.nwe.ufl.edu/~tharpold/resources/last_express/trailer.html Note: The trailer might not work right for the first few seconds but it straightens out.

Tary
01-13-2005, 08:53 AM
We all now the Jordan Mechner created the first two prince of persia games (Prince of Persia 1 in 1989 and prince of persia 2 in 1992) but he also created another game in 1997. An adventure game set on the orient express in 1914 just before the outbreak of the first world war. It is the most fascinatingly deep game I have ever played. It's really hard to find these days. If anyone is intrested I managed to find a trailer for it here http://www.nwe.ufl.edu/~tharpold/resources/last_express/trailer.html Note: The trailer might not work right for the first few seconds but it straightens out.

Tary
01-13-2005, 04:51 PM
No one cares? This is my personal favorite game of all time. You guys really should check it out.

Yolkboy
01-13-2005, 05:20 PM
"One does have the most unexpected encounters on trains..." The game does look interesting.

Tary
01-13-2005, 05:47 PM
The story in the game really is of the quality of a novel. Oh and the art style in the game is based on the Art Nouveau style of the period. Some thing else cool about the game is the fact that the characters in the game are from all sorts of different countries. So for example french characters speak in subtitled french and russian characters speak russian. But for example the Turkish character in the game speaks a language that the hero of the game doesn't understand so it isn't subtitled. And the dialog in the game is the best I have ever heard in any game period. I also loved the fight sequances in the game, really made the whole experience feel like a film. Really amazing game.

Boss__Scorpius
01-13-2005, 09:20 PM
Yes, a very nice game indeed, I liked the style and atmosphere. Storyline was very good too.

PS. wow this is possibly your third thread about this game on this forum.