PDA

View Full Version : an idea to have 6dof on the mouse

raaaid
06-15-2007, 05:47 AM
id really like this to be implemented for those who havent the money for trackir:

you have the normal mouse view but if you keep clicked the mouse when moving you move on x or z straight axes, for the y axe could work the mouse wheel

raaaid
06-15-2007, 05:47 AM
id really like this to be implemented for those who havent the money for trackir:

you have the normal mouse view but if you keep clicked the mouse when moving you move on x or z straight axes, for the y axe could work the mouse wheel

Akronnick
06-15-2007, 05:58 AM
I can't believe I'm saying this, but, raaaid, I think that's a terrific idea.

Freelancer-1
06-15-2007, 06:44 AM
Or WASD for plane control and mouse button one for weapon one, MB2 for weapon 2, Mouse wheel for zoom, mouse movement for look around...

Then it really would be AirQuake on HyperLobby http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Whirlin_merlin
06-15-2007, 07:12 AM
Didn't Rainbow 6 Raven Shield have a lean function abit like that.

The-Pizza-Man
06-15-2007, 07:43 AM
Yes it did, fluid leaning and crouching. Wasn't particularly useful though, it was too slow to use. Raaaid idea might work a bit better for a flight sim because it's not quite as quick as an FPS and the mouse isn't what you aim your guns with.

skarden
06-15-2007, 08:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Akronnick:
I can't believe I'm saying this, but, raaaid, I think that's a terrific idea. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

+1

crazy times eh http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

avimimus
06-16-2007, 07:14 PM
E-mail Oleg. Mind your spelling and be polite.

This is a great idea and it can be done in the software!

Akronnick
06-17-2007, 12:13 AM
Wouldn't it be remarkable if raaaid suggested an idea that got implemented in BOB?

Keep coming up with your ideas raaaid!

BrotherVoodoo
06-17-2007, 10:07 AM
Are you talking about leaning in the cockpit with your mouse instead of free looking with it? I think you can only get 6d0f is with a Track IR or similiar device. I don't visualize how you would get a mouse to emulate a TiR.

major_setback
06-17-2007, 10:51 AM
I don't think you can get 6 dof in this game, not even with trackIR. Might work in other games like Wings of Victory though.

BrotherVoodoo
06-17-2007, 11:23 AM
I presupposed he was talking about BoB in regards to 6d0f.

SeaFireLIV
06-17-2007, 11:24 AM
This is actually not a bad idea at all. If ALL good games managed to implement this it would add a new perspective to all games like FPS (as with Arma) and even some easier functionality to strategy ones like MTWII.

Also, it would allow those with TIR to actually use it for many other programs.

LStarosta
06-17-2007, 11:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by raaaid:

you have the normal mouse view but if you keep clicked the mouse when moving you move on x or z straight axes, for the y axe could work the mouse wheel </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's been done before for FS9/X before by 3rd party devs. It would be nice to see this standard on any flight simulator. Either way, you could have a separate program emulate TIR with the mouse if Oleg doesn't decide to include this.

foxyboy1964
06-17-2007, 12:02 PM
Remember the video interview MysticPuma did with Oleg before 1946 came out? I'm sure Oleg said 6dof would be available through the mouse. Anyone know if the vid is still hosted somewhere?

foxyboy1964
06-17-2007, 12:16 PM
The video is here...
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-1866144906641648934

just checking it out now.

foxyboy1964
06-17-2007, 01:08 PM
About three and a half minutes into the vid Ilya uses the mouse to show 6dof.

mrsiCkstar
06-17-2007, 01:17 PM
so when BOB comes out and has a 6DOF function through the mouse, raaaid will come to the forum pissed off because they stole his idea... lmao.

LStarosta
06-17-2007, 01:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mrsiCkstar:
so when BOB comes out and has a 6DOF function through the mouse, raaaid will come to the forum pissed off because they stole his idea... lmao. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tru tru

BrotherVoodoo
06-17-2007, 02:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The video is here... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ahh, I understand now. Very cool!

raaaid
06-18-2007, 07:24 AM
i dont think my ideas are stolen i think good ideas are reached by different people, for example:

i thought of 6dof via trackir before i knew about it

of negative compression before i knew about it

of mouse 6dof awesome view before i knew about it

i even post here this musical typing method 4 years ago: (it came out last year)

http://www.itypemusic.com/

does this prove my ideas are being stolen, no it proves my ideas are good

so why nobody listen to make a virtual reality game in which game fov and fov with which you look at the screen are the same

if someone listened i wouldnt feel he stole my idea id feel he regarded it as a good idea as it is

neural_dream
06-18-2007, 07:36 AM
... and don't forget deflection shooting and snapshooting. I think you've coined these as your inventions too.

If you want to be taken seriously stop using the "start new topic" button and contribute only to other people's topics. You are the definition of attention-***** spammer.