PDA

View Full Version : Did starforce work????

mannionmax
03-24-2005, 07:49 AM
I bought the game legally when it came out in the UK. However I thought that this starforce was supposed to stop people sharing this game illegally. I have just been on some torrent sites and they have got SH3 up all over the place. Wot's going on UBI??? Anyone???

Airhead-CDF
03-24-2005, 08:03 AM
Short answer: No.

Ronin_750
03-24-2005, 08:13 AM
If I was UBI protection manager I wouldnt protect next update of the game, some ppl who bought legal copies cant even use it cus of Starforce and illegal version is already out, there is no point in using SF anymore...

DrJonez
03-24-2005, 08:19 AM
Of course it didn't, noone with a brain in their head thought it would. Companies just use it so they can feel like they've done SOMETHING to try to stop it, but it never works.

Toepirate
03-24-2005, 08:35 AM
It convinced me to not buy the game so yes it worked. I'll also be careful about what Ubisoft games I buy in the future.

BTW the illegal release of the game is the unpatched bug filled near unworkable version 1.0 of Silent Hunter 3. Most people who download it will probably delete it out of frustration since the 1.1 patch reinstalls StarForce.

EddieNYC
03-24-2005, 09:00 AM
Do people generally not like Starforce because of the principal of putting software on your computer, or does it screw up your computer settings?