PDA

View Full Version : Dear, Die Hard SC Fans

ShutDown69
05-24-2007, 09:38 AM
Yes, I am one of them. I have been there since day one. Obviously to make series you have to have MANY days. I am sick of the people crying on here about ConViction not being a REAL Splinter Cell game. Yes, it is, to have a series, the story line has to go somewhere. Sam can't be a Splinter Cell forever and I'm glad that Montreal is making this series realistic to where you have to think on your feet and not have to follow a certain "path".

Now, for the part that makes me the most frustrated, all anyone wants is MP. WELL, that's just like watching the Super Bowl for it's commercials, it is stupid. If you guys want to play the OLD, not the NEW, CT then pop in the disk and play your heart out.
Besides, Splinter Cell IS about stealth, right? Well, me having experience being one of the top in the world on CT, there was absolutely NO stealth used at all in MP for CT, only on rare ocassions.

Spies= Run and smoke up everything.
Mercs= Run and gun/nade/mine up and camp.

WHERE is the stradegy involved in that? The new MP with crowds, you will have to be much more strategic and stealthier.
STOP saying you HATE the new MP if you haven't even played a demo and if you want to play CT go out and get it, either way Ubisoft is making money and if you haven't noticed, MONTREAL is making this, the same ones who made CT.

My other point, yes the crowd is going to be like Assassin's Creed, but not the whole thing, chill out and accept the fact that "next-gen" will have realistic crowds and that they aren't stealing it from AC, I think every game will eventually have the realistic crowds. Plus Montreal are the makers of AC and SC, I don't think a company can steal their own ideas.

I hope most REAL SC fans can agree with me on these points.

P.S. - everyone asks why the V in ConViction is captilized. Well the roman numeral for 5 is V. This is the 5th installment in the series.

ShutDown69
05-24-2007, 09:38 AM
Yes, I am one of them. I have been there since day one. Obviously to make series you have to have MANY days. I am sick of the people crying on here about ConViction not being a REAL Splinter Cell game. Yes, it is, to have a series, the story line has to go somewhere. Sam can't be a Splinter Cell forever and I'm glad that Montreal is making this series realistic to where you have to think on your feet and not have to follow a certain "path".

Now, for the part that makes me the most frustrated, all anyone wants is MP. WELL, that's just like watching the Super Bowl for it's commercials, it is stupid. If you guys want to play the OLD, not the NEW, CT then pop in the disk and play your heart out.
Besides, Splinter Cell IS about stealth, right? Well, me having experience being one of the top in the world on CT, there was absolutely NO stealth used at all in MP for CT, only on rare ocassions.

WHERE is the stradegy involved in that? The new MP with crowds, you will have to be much more strategic and stealthier.
STOP saying you HATE the new MP if you haven't even played a demo and if you want to play CT go out and get it, either way Ubisoft is making money and if you haven't noticed, MONTREAL is making this, the same ones who made CT.

My other point, yes the crowd is going to be like Assassin's Creed, but not the whole thing, chill out and accept the fact that "next-gen" will have realistic crowds and that they aren't stealing it from AC, I think every game will eventually have the realistic crowds. Plus Montreal are the makers of AC and SC, I don't think a company can steal their own ideas.

P.S. - everyone asks why the V in ConViction is captilized. Well the roman numeral for 5 is V. This is the 5th installment in the series.

Brownsnakeeyes
05-24-2007, 09:53 AM
First of all, we're not whiners. We just don't want the core gameplay to change.

One thing I do know, and that is if this next game sucks, there's going to be a few people looking like a bunch of asses.

Because most of the people that are against it don't care about the new gameplay. I haven't read one post yet of anyone say anything about the new gameplay sucking. There all about UBI not changing the core gameplay of the series.

So it's a matter of taste.

ShutDown69
05-24-2007, 09:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brownsnakeeyes:
First of all, we're not whiners. We just don't want the core gameplay to change.

The difference between those that like the change and those that don't is the fact that if this game does fantastic then we'll buy it and play it and you'll be right about the new gameplay. But if this new one sucks and ruins the series then you guys will look like assnine ******. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, no one in this forum ever said whiners, if anything complainers. "I want this, I want that." Well buddy if you want it, you make it, this is their project and have the series set up as they planned. They are professionals and wouldn't just make it up as they go. If you want to change it, go to college, take classes for gaming/design and take over UBI. And since when did Montreal let us down?

P.S. - only half of the game takes place as a convict on the run, maybe you need to read up on these kind of things.

braiog
05-24-2007, 10:40 AM
Last thing I need to hear is someone telling me not to complain, and then backpeddle and insinuate that "If you're a TRUE SC fan, you'll blindly follow Ubisoft"

Not everyone is a lemming.

If you approve of the game, that's fine.
If someone else DOESN'T, you need to be mature and NOT take this as a personal attack on you, merely because you have some feeling that you need to defend why you think it's good.

Good or bad, it's just an opinion. And like it or not, what you're doing is whining about people stating their opinion. It's hypocritical. If you don't want them to have their opinions of the game, whether they played it or not, then don't expect them to respect your opinion.

The "Trust in Ubi" spam is beginning to rival the "Conviction isn't SC" spam.

ShutDown69
05-24-2007, 10:45 AM
I never said DO NOT complain, PLEASE find where I said DO NOT complain. Everyone's opinion is free and I did not take that away. I said if you're a TRUE SC fan then you'll atleast give this a chance because this IS MONTREAL, not the other crappy place that made DA.

I don't feel attacked, I feel like all anyone is doing is making lousy complaints about the game, when it is ONLY a demo, they have TONS of things to work on as does every game that releases footage.

I respect everyones opinions, ONLY if they know what they're talking about, which people need to read up on the game and figure out the story line, they do know what they're doing. Look at Georga Lucas, he made a GREAT series, Ubisoft messed up by letting someone else, BUT them do DA. When you knew Darth Vader was Skywalker's father, did you quit watching the other prequels?

You never know, Ubisoft might have something up their sleeve, that's why some people need to loosen up and have no doubt Montreal will make great moves.

braiog
05-24-2007, 10:56 AM
You got to be careful how you word responses...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ShutDown69:
I am sick of the people crying on here about ConViction not being a REAL Splinter Cell game
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Saying people are "crying" about something insinuates they are being childish.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ShutDown69:
Now, for the part that makes me the most frustrated, all anyone wants is MP. WELL, that's just like watching the Super Bowl for it's commercials, it is stupid.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You're referreing to people's love and want for MP as equating to something you refer to as stupid.

WHERE is the stradegy involved in that?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
SvM involved a lot of coordinated strategy. Many people who failed at the game did so because they could not develop any such strategy.

STOP saying you HATE the new MP if you haven't even played a demo
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You shouldn't tell people to stop having their opinion. Playing the game or not does not deny someone their opinion. They can have a good/bad opinion of something without having to interact with it.

Do I need to experience having an icepick shoved under my toenail in order for me to have a bad opinion of that?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You emphasize 'REAL' insinuating that anyone who is a true SC fan needs to take your side here.

everyone asks why the V in ConViction is captilized.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, I made this correlation soon after the forum was started. Stating how the V indicated the 5th in the series, and the word "CONVICT" was in Conviction (noting the differences in normal and italicized letters in the typography.

scope2005
05-24-2007, 10:59 AM
Shutdown... Nobody said gameplay sucks in the new game.

From the video's I've seen.. if it was the Bourne-Identity video game it would look quite good.

But this ISNT.

ITS a Splinter-Cell, and I play Splinter-Cell for the sneaky, ghost-like, shadow using stealth, which was borrowed by ubisoft from the Thief series.

The core game has totally changed, so far we have a hybrid of Hitman, Assasins creed and virtua fighter - without a single hint of the original formula that MADE THIS GAME.

It is only Splinter-Cell in title, and characters alone - this is more of a spin-off as its a whole new game.

Thats what people are pissed for, it may actually be a fun game when I get to try it... but its not the game I know and love.

Splinter-Cell is having an identity crisis right now and it doesnt know what game it is -

Pfff Bourne-Identity...

Why dont Ubisoft just rename it "Splinter-Cell: The Lost Identity" and make us a traditional Splinter-cell to redeem themselves.

P.S - For the record im about as die hard a splinter-cell fan as they come, but im not so die-hard that I will accept any pile of **** thrown at me with a splinter-cell label and accept ubi's word that it is.

braiog
05-24-2007, 11:02 AM
Thief.

Man I had forgotten all about that game.

I really wish someone could pick up the license and go with that. You have high-tech gadgetry stealth action, and then good ole' medieval tech strategy.

Both were great games at their prime.

ShutDown69
05-24-2007, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by ShutDown69:
watching the Super Bowl for it's commercials, it is stupid.

It's stupid to buy a game ONLY for it's MP. Why waste you're money on something JUST for MP, if it's CT they want, go play that.

So you're saying it's okay to say you HATE something when it's not even out yet? Hmmm sounds like you're about as stubborn as it gets.

Like I said, When you knew Darth Vader was Skywalker's father, did you quit watching the other prequels?

All I'm saying is, not many people know much about SC:5 and they think they do, give it a chance and atleast wait till more footage and a hands on demo.

braiog
05-24-2007, 11:11 AM
If Ubi made SvM in today's tech, I would pay $15, maybe even $20 for that separately. No questions asked.

Again, you call it stupid, but I don't see how. Take Half Life 2. I beat it's SP 3x, each time taking me no more than 8-10 hours, but I've enjoyed well over 500 hours worth of DM gameplay with the Multiplayer.

I think you underestimate MP. There is a point in SP gameplay where the player (hopefully) finds the SP no longer challenging. You're fighting BOT AI, which many times you can develop a water-tight strategy to defeat each time. But MP... that's where the human element comes into play. You fight living people there... each game can be drastically different.

I'm not saying you should hate ANYTHING. (I was taught that if you ARE going to hate, hate what someone does and not who they are) What I'm saying is that it's ok for you to have an opinion, be it good OR bad or a product, EVEN if it's not out yet. Because the only basis of an opinion you have is by what you've seen.

That doesn't mean your opinion can't CHANGE if/when you play the game. You may have thought the game was going to be great, and then played it, and ended up hating it. Maybe vice-versa. Either way, don't deny someone's opinion.

You feel you have the right to say what constitutes a "REAL" fan. But you don't. You're merely using anti-community banter to try to segregate the community. I love SC, but I love it for it's gameplay style from SC1-SCCT.

I never watched any episode of Star Wars. I knew Vader was Luke's father, but only through satirical references. "Luke, who's your daddy? I'm your daddy! Now get a haircut you damn hippie." That kinda thing.

ShutDown69
05-24-2007, 11:21 AM
All I did was simply state my opinion and now you call me a hypocrite for not liking other peoples opinions. Look what you had to say to me? Hmmm weird how that happens, hypocrite. Only kidding.

I'm here to discuss and straighten out the real fans from the people who don't even follow the series.

That's what I meant by real fans. I know you're a real fan cause you know what you're talking about, most people don't, that's why I don't respect the people who say all stealth is lost.

Only thing that is lost is the REAL Splinter Cell days. Now it's pretty much a lone man, no NSA, just a convict. It's difficult to understand if you didn't know SC:Essentials. There is a plot after all.

Yes, I know about XBL, I've been playing since PT. and I loved it and I still think there is hope. I am very competitive and love online, but I love getting wrapped into a good story line more.

Ya never know, this game could be an ending for Sam Fisher, as in this is his last game in the present tense/future. He could be done, then that's where SC:6 can come as a prequel to when Sam First started and was at the top of his game.

See we never know.

scope2005
05-24-2007, 11:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shutdown69:
REAL fans would stick to the series till it's over. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe they are called "fan-boys", actually.

The undying devotee's who religiously defend a product, no matter how decayed or stagnant it becomes.

Basically put - A 'Fan' supports the game for as long as they enjoy it, and as long as it pleases them, and as long as the product lives up to thier expectations.

Fan-Boys on the other hand, will ALWAYS support the product, because they have some sort of strange emotional tie, or a feeling of loyalty towards it.
No matter how bad it is, they will defend the product with a religious zeal to make people believe it is "The best thing since Sliced-Bread" and anyone who speaks out otherwise IS WRONG.

So upon saying: "REAL fans would stick to the series till it's over."

You are suggesting for me to be a fan, I must defend Ubisoft for CHANGING the gameplay that brought me joy? For completely REWORKING the system and the way it plays and infact giving us a game that resembles Splinter-Cell as much as a dog resembles an elephant?

Heres a rhetorical question for you...

If Ubisoft presented you a plate of Bull... 'poo', with a 'Splinter-Cell' logo on and told you that was the next splinter-cell game, would you be annoyed and ask for something resembling the original?
or would you take thier word for it, tuck in, and hope it tastes good?

Bertus-DoD
05-24-2007, 11:24 AM
Nice nice Braiog.

Anyway about the MP dang it was one of the reasons I started to play splinter cell. To bad they did a bad job (noobyfing the mp) and did a lot more things to the mp that any person with a right mind with laugh at them taking it serious. And why can't we complain if the persons making a game never listened to the persons playing it.

SamFisher_1201
05-24-2007, 11:30 AM
Personally I don't see what the conterversy is. Ubisoft has made great Splinter Cell games. It is time for a change. People would stop buying the game if it is the same old every game. Furthermore, in my oppinyon I think it is still the core mechanics as before. You are trying to make sure people don't know who you are, you are hidding from the gaurds. Except now you don't hide in the people. You blend in with all of the Civilians. I think this will be a much needed change in the way Splinter Cell will be played. As mutch as I hate to admit it, Splinter Cell needed a change. After Shanghi made DA, people were dissapointed. Montral needed to do somting new and exciting to keep people interested. If they pull this off, mabey we will like it more than the orriginals games. My appoligies if I get any one mad.

ShutDown69
05-24-2007, 11:34 AM
See there is a difference, I'm not a fanboy, I was disgusted with SChttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifA, but this is the last chance I'm giving it, the chances look good ONLY because Montreal is making it and because it has some kind of interesting plot.

This is a series, a series does have a plot, like I said, they have the whole story planned out and we don't know it, so why bash a game that hasn't even had a Demo yet?

All I have seen is people not giving this game a chance because the idiots at Shanghai ruined it for all of us FANS, not FAN-BOYS, get it right.

Personally I would get sick of playing the same old **** over, over, over again in a series, what kind of story is it if Sam was to keep safe and keep as a Splinter Cell?

Story - plot, setting, conflict, resolution, ect. ect.

Read up on that would ya.
and also read up on the definition of Stealth.
this game will still has plenty of it.
it is called Splinter Cell for a reason.

scope2005
05-24-2007, 11:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SamFisher_1201:
Personally I don't see what the conterversy is. Ubisoft has made great Splinter Cell games. It is time for a change. People would stop buying the game if it is the same old every game. Furthermore, in my oppinyon I think it is still the core mechanics as before. You are trying to make sure people don't know who you are, you are hidding from the gaurds. Except now you don't hide in the people. You blend in with all of the Civilians. I think this will be a much needed change in the way Splinter Cell will be played. As mutch as I hate to admit it, Splinter Cell needed a change. After Shanghi made DA, people were dissapointed. Montral needed to do somting new and exciting to keep people interested. If they pull this off, mabey we will like it more than the orriginals games. My appoligies if I get any one mad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As much as I respect your opinion, I must disagree with it.

People continue to play Splinter-Cell games, so they can have that same fun gameplay as before overlayed with a new story.
That is why they keep returning because they enjoyed the last game and want the same experience in a new environment and story, coupled in with a few new tricks to expand sams repitoire and arsenal.
If people get bored of the Splinter-Cell gameplay, they move to a different game completely.

One does not play 'Gran-Turismo', for instance, and expect to be racing horses in the sequel.

scope2005
05-24-2007, 11:43 AM
See there is a difference, I'm not a fanboy, I was disgusted with SChttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifA, but this is the last chance I'm giving it, the chances look good ONLY because Montreal is making it and because it has some kind of interesting plot.

This is a series, a series does have a plot, like I said, they have the whole story planned out and we don't know it, so why bash a game that hasn't even had a Demo yet?

All I have seen is people not giving this game a chance because the idiots at Shanghai ruined it for all of us FANS, not FAN-BOYS, get it right.

Personally I would get sick of playing the same old **** over, over, over again in a series, what kind of story is it if Sam was to keep safe and keep as a Splinter Cell?

Story - plot, setting, conflict, resolution, ect. ect.

Read up on that would ya.
and also read up on the definition of Stealth.
this game will still has plenty of it.
it is called Splinter Cell for a reason. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im not bashing the game because of the plot, if it was pulled off correctly it could have been ace as I love conspiracies and crooked goverment plots.

Im bashing it because isnt A splinter cell game... Its something totally new and different, if anyone is bored of the same old gameplay, why not play another game? Why reinvent the wheel?

Second of all I did mention that IT COULD BE A FUN GAME - But its not Splinter-Cell Is it because its totally different...

Thats why people are bashing it, they are not saying the game is awefull, the MAJORITY are saying they want a Splinter-Cell game.

As I wrote above, If Gran-Turismo is a car racing simulation game, then in a future sequel your racing horses, are they the same game?

Absolutely not.

I understand your going to give it a go, because you feel a loyalty to the series, and to see where it takes sam - and thats fine.
But most people would have liked it if they didnt stray fromt he winning formula which made this game an A list title.
If you cannot understand those peoples opinions, then im pretty much out of this discussion.

ShutDown69
05-24-2007, 11:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by scope2005:

People continue to play Splinter-Cell games, so they can have that same fun gameplay as before overlayed with a new story.
That is why they keep returning because they enjoyed the last game and want the same experience in a new environment and story, coupled in with a few new tricks to expand sams repitoire and arsenal.
If people get bored of the Splinter-Cell gameplay, they move to a different game completely.

One does not play 'Gran-Turismo', for instance, and expect to be racing horses in the sequel. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is where you are wrong, Splinter Cell still has it's main character, Sam Fisher.
To be a sequel it has to do with the game before, this does, it wouldn't make sense to kill lambert and not be on the run.
What else can they do? They can't just return to NSA and just act like nothing happened?

"Hey, where's Lambert?"
"I heard Sam killed him"
"Oh, okay, where is Sam? I have to give him his pen back."

See, it wouldn't make sense to NOT do this.
You might or might not have played SC for the plot that was there before, not for the plot that is coming soon, sorry if that's confusing, I respect what you have to say.

scope2005
05-24-2007, 11:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by scope2005:

That is why they keep returning because they enjoyed the last game and want the same

experience in a new environment and story, coupled in with a few new tricks to expand sams repitoire and arsenal.

One does not play 'Gran-Turismo', for instance, and expect to be racing horses in the sequel. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is where you are wrong, Splinter Cell still has it's main character, Sam Fisher.
To be a sequel it has to do with the game before, this does, it wouldn't make sense to kill lambert and not be on the run.
What else can they do? They can't just return to NSA and just act like nothing happened?

"Hey, where's Lambert?"
"I heard Sam killed him"

See, it wouldn't make sense to NOT do this.
You might or might not have played SC for the plot that was there before, not for the plot that is coming soon, sorry if that's confusing, I respect what you have to say. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have completely MISSED what im saying havnt you?

Story wise its a sequel, Gameplay wise (which I have been talking about all along and cannot stress enough), IT IS NOT.

This game IS A SPIN OFF, shared characters and story are the only factors that relate the game.

I did play it for the story yes, where the hell did I state that the story should be changed to go with the gameplay? that sam should go back to third echelon or anything like that? I didnt.

Your jumping to conclusions, and displaying the fan-boyism you claim you do not have.

The undying devotee's who religiously defend a product, no matter how decayed or stagnant it becomes.

Ringing any bells?

Im requesting a thread lock to sithduke, as I smell burning... the flame war is a coming.

braiog
05-24-2007, 11:54 AM
Shutdown69, you obviously are going to blindly follow that carrot Ubi's put in front of your nose, but that doesn't mean you have to be the proverbial '***' to chase it.

The definition of stealth is a subjective one. There are plenty of action games that are far from what the original SC is. Vets are asking that Ubi not turn the series into another standard action game, and instead keep true to its roots.

SamFisher_1201
05-24-2007, 11:56 AM
you do have a good point Scope2005, however this game is not just about the fans, it is about bring new people in. That is why I belive Ubisoft has made such a radicall change. I have tried getting some of the people that I know to get in to Splinter Cell so that I would have someone to talk about it, but almost consistintly they all said it was too brring. It takes people with the ability to enjoy slower paced games to enjoy Splinter Cell. Wherin lies the problem. Too many people like fast paced action games that never has a dull moment. So Ubisoft has decided to make a Stealth game that is more Medium paced. (this is all in my Opinyon) I belive that they were trying to open this game up to more players, like Grand Trissmo, you wont see horses in the game, but they can always try to make it more enjoyable to all players, not just a dedicated few. I apoligise for not getting this, but what is a thread lock?

ShutDown69
05-24-2007, 12:00 PM
OKAY BUDDY, I was DISGUSTED with SCDA, if I were in fact a fanboy, as your definition says, I would have stuck with it.

You are missing the point there, I am a fan of Splinter Cell, but not to the point where I'd bend over and say, "Hey do whatever you want, I'll still love it." No, that's not the case.

That's what I'm saying, give this game a chance, if it sucks, never play it again, see if I care. I'll be the same way, but, notice to how and where the story is going, you never know.

-My Thoughts-
It could end up that Sam will finally be caught at the end of SC:5 and that could start SC:6, where in the begining, Sam is being questioned/interogated, he might then have a flash back to the days where he was in his prime, blah blah, THEN you might have to old CT days back. At the end of SC:6, you (Sam), will have to think on your feet and try to escape?

that's just what I'm hoping for and guessing.

scope2005
05-24-2007, 12:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by braiog:
Shutdown69, you obviously are going to blindly follow that carrot Ubi's put in front of your nose, but that doesn't mean you have to be the proverbial '***' to chase it.

The definition of stealth is a subjective one. There are plenty of action games that are far from what the original SC is. Vets are asking that Ubi not turn the series into another standard action game, and instead keep true to its roots. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Braiog conveys my point better than I could have worded it.

Anyways im out of here for now, was simply a flying visit to see the state of play over here and read the mixed opinions on SC5, usually post on Project Stealth but its a bit dead at this hour.

Cya all.

ShutDown69
05-24-2007, 12:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by braiog:

The definition of stealth is a subjective one. There are plenty of action games that are far from what the original SC is. Vets are asking that Ubi not turn the series into another standard action game, and instead keep true to its roots. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not being an "***" I'm telling people that stealth isn't about just hiding in the Shadows, this new element of stealth will be interesting to see and I'm giving it a chance, that's all.

I believe Montreal knows what they're doing and keeping true. After all, them and Tom Clancy are the ones who made CT and the games we love.

I am with you, if it turns into a run n' gun/push n run, I will be done with this series.

Wanted_David
05-24-2007, 12:17 PM

P.S. - everyone asks why the V in ConViction is captilized. Well the roman numeral for 5 is V. This is the 5th installment in the series. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm with you on this one. Amen to that!

braiog
05-24-2007, 12:31 PM
The "***" was a pun. Relates to the donkey (an "***") who follows the carrot that Ubi's holding out in front of you. This analogy doesn't work if you've by chance never heard of leading a donkey around by holding a carrot in front of him.

Was no insult to you, despite the harsh sounding word.

ShutDown69
05-24-2007, 12:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wanted_David:
I'm with you on this one. Amen to that! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thank god someone is, lol http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ShutDown69
05-24-2007, 12:34 PM
The "***" was a pun. Relates to the donkey (an "***") who follows the carrot that Ubi's holding out in front of you. This analogy doesn't work if you've by chance never heard of leading a donkey around by holding a carrot in front of him.

Was no insult to you, despite the harsh sounding word. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's okay, this thread is pretty much dead I guess, sorry if I have sounded mean or anything, I'm just sick of complaints about stealth and whatnot. You and the whole SC community are my friends.

An0nym0us.01
05-24-2007, 01:02 PM

P.S. - everyone asks why the V in ConViction is captilized. Well the roman numeral for 5 is V. This is the 5th installment in the series. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree 100% shutdown. All these whiners can't tell me they weren't getting a little bit tired of hiding in the shadows and sneaking up on the easy AI for the past four games.

This new gameplay looks awesome, I don't understand all the hate. I guess some people just don't want to accept change and have to learn/adapt to a new way of playing the game.

scworld
05-24-2007, 01:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's like saying that there's no tactics at any professional Counter-strike/Quake/[game X] match.

Of course, in those shooters it's mostly reflexes and tactics.
In SvM it's mostly misdirection (aka outsmarting), making use of other's mistakes, setting up traps (like waiting for a good cam/grab, but also chasing a Spy into mines or your partner).

You need to use your head more than your reflexes. If you honestly believe the 'tactics' are that simple, go back to playing Bejeweled.

ShutDown69
05-24-2007, 01:16 PM
actually, from what I remember, I did remember juking people out, ha. It's been so longggg.
I miss CT http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif I might play it now.

Chinese_Bookey
05-24-2007, 01:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by An0nym0us.01:
All these whiners can't tell me they weren't getting a little bit tired of hiding in the shadows and sneaking up on the easy AI for the past four games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's quite a dumb thing to say. Everything was going perfectly well with the series until DA came to be and screwed up the beautiful flow that was SC.

scope2005
05-24-2007, 01:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by scworld:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's like saying that there's no tactics at any professional Counter-strike/Quake/[game X] match.

Of course, in those shooters it's mostly reflexes and tactics.
In SvM it's mostly misdirection (aka outsmarting), making use of other's mistakes, setting up traps (like waiting for a good cam/grab, but also chasing a Spy into mines or your partner).

You need to use your head more than your reflexes. If you honestly believe the 'tactics' are that simple, go back to playing Bejeweled. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed you are right Scworld.

In all my years multiplayer gaming, SCPT/SCCT are the games that stand out when I think of tactical play.

even more so in SCCT, to actually win against any mercs worth thier salt you and your partner need to use tactics and work in tandem, distractions, feints, covering your partner while he hacks objectives, and double teaming mercs requires tactics and teamplay I have not been able to emulate elsewhere.

The only place you get *******s who just run in circles around mercs spamming smoke and going for necks like that is DM, which is a pointless excercise and not in the spirit of the game.

Oh and XBL... there were a few good teams, played against my 2 of my old buddies from the PC game over xbox live, and they were good.. but the majority were casual gamers wanting to be sam fisher and doing the smoke/neck combo so I always lost against them.

also...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by An0nym0us.01:
I agree 100% shutdown. All these whiners can't tell me they weren't getting a little bit tired of hiding in the shadows and sneaking up on the easy AI for the past four games... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Speak for yourself, its apprent the majority of... everyone are displeased with the path this game has taken. If a person is bored of a game they play something else its as simple as that, the game didnt need reinventing.

Also considering you jump in this thread on your first post leads me to believe your one of ShutDown's buddies come to 'fan the flames',. either that or your a smurf account.

MKCC14
05-24-2007, 01:38 PM
I wasnt getting tired of sneaking around in shadows that much yet, but if it would of continued with just another story, some new gadgets to play with, and some new animations I would have started to get a little tiresome. The excitement from the first SC game would have been gone for me.

Or it would last longer if the game wouldnt come out every year. A huge change in the series that would make it fresh and new and give me a new challenge is the right way i see it. I mean i mastered all the other games and they were very easy(yes even on the hardest difficulty settings).

An0nym0us.01
05-24-2007, 04:02 PM
Speak for yourself, its apprent the majority of... everyone are displeased with the path this game has taken. If a person is bored of a game they play something else its as simple as that, the game didnt need reinventing.

Also considering you jump in this thread on your first post leads me to believe your one of ShutDown's buddies come to 'fan the flames',. either that or your a smurf account. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, I had another name on these forums awhile back, but lost the info for it.

The point is they needed a change, and they did it.

Lil Proximo7
05-24-2007, 04:46 PM
i just find it funny..how you guys are now saying its stupid to only play it for MP...im sorry but it looks like thats NOW the only thing to look forward too!...so does that make me stupid?? and if that makes me stupid, wouldn't that be breaking the terms? and if thats breaking the terms...why isn't JACKIE here saving the day??...i feel hurt and sad now..so not only ubi let me down..JACKIE did too...lol....There goes the forums... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

ShutDown69
05-24-2007, 04:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lil_proximo7:
i just find it funny..how you guys are now saying its stupid to only play it for MP...im sorry but it looks like thats NOW the only thing to look forward too!...so does that make me stupid?? and if that makes me stupid, wouldn't that be breaking the terms? and if thats breaking the terms...why isn't JACKIE here saving the day??...i feel hurt and sad now..so not only ubi let me down..JACKIE did too...lol....There goes the forums... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Read my ****ing thing ONE more time would ya. I'm sick of people acting like I'm out to get them. I said why buy a game if you don't know what it's about. Why buy it ONLY for the MP, that's just a waste of money to me.

psyichic
05-24-2007, 05:06 PM
So you see it's funny because all of a sudden I pick up my brother's issue of Game Informer, right? And lo and behold info on Conviction. So all of a sudden I think "Oh ****! some info. I oughta read it maybe they learned the mistake with DA and have taken the game in a new direction!?" So I read it. Okay and here is the best part: I thought "Am I reading the wrong article? I swear this is Assassins Creed!". But I ignore that instinct and of course it still has pictures of Sam on the page. And I keep reading. So after a while I hit this interesting little sentence: "No longer is Splinter Cell about finding the perfect place to hide in the dark, watching guard's patrol patterns, and then acting when the coast is clear."

And then it strikes me! they decided to basically butcher the entire core gameplay and start running a current day version of Assassin's Creed.

And then I say to myself: "Oh snap! I oughta read them boards!" So I do and then all of a sudden it strikes me: They just retrieved all of the DA threads! It all follows the same line: "We need something new like this!" and "CT multiplayer had no stealth!" and "The change is good!" or "Now SplinterCell will be really the way they wanted it to be!"

And here I am right?

So for the first order of busainess I am sure many of you can guess my response to the game but it's simply this: Create a spin-off game and drop the name Splinter Cell if you want to create Assassin's Creed in the modern day. Don't decide you want to butcher the core of what was a light and dark stealth based game.

I really should compile a list of all my previous responses to idiots who say "Just play CT then!", "The new direction is good!" and many other OLD responses. Let me put it like this: DA sucked, DA MP sucked, and the direction of Splinter Cell....sucks.

My last prediction for DA came true and I have a pretty good idea where this one is going.

Oh yea and for the record: If you die to a few crappy aggroers then it's not the game that lacks stealth. Its you that lacks skill.

Mesotie
05-24-2007, 05:07 PM
I think it looks really fun, I mean if you see the actual game play footage, it looks very fun, and very stealthy, just instead of goggles, you get a hood... I do hope they have some levels with the goggles though, since they are like the SC symbol. It just wouldn't be the same without them.

MKCC14
05-24-2007, 05:15 PM
If the new experience is fun and I have a good time playing it, just like i did with the first SC game, I have no problems. I didnt have that much problem with SCDA anyways.

Lil Proximo7
05-24-2007, 05:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lil_proximo7:
i just find it funny..how you guys are now saying its stupid to only play it for MP...im sorry but it looks like thats NOW the only thing to look forward too!...so does that make me stupid?? and if that makes me stupid, wouldn't that be breaking the terms? and if thats breaking the terms...why isn't JACKIE here saving the day??...i feel hurt and sad now..so not only ubi let me down..JACKIE did too...lol....There goes the forums... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Read my ****ing thing ONE more time would ya. I'm sick of people acting like I'm out to get them. I said why buy a game if you don't know what it's about. Why buy it ONLY for the MP, that's just a waste of money to me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AND now your cursing at me?..wow...shutdown is on a roll...lol..does it make you feel tough?

MKCC14
05-24-2007, 05:38 PM
I agree with some of the opinions, but when attacking and cursing at someone on the PC is very low. Please dont fight with your keyboard. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

ShutDown69
05-24-2007, 06:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MKCC14:
I agree with some of the opinions, but when attacking and cursing at someone on the PC is very low. Please dont fight with your keyboard. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not attacking anyone, I'm telling people to read my stuff theroly before the accuse me of calling them stupid, ect. ect. I had intentions of trying to clear things up and trying to make some fans understand better to what is going on.
Obviously, no one gives a damn and everyone thinks I'm "fighting with them" Believe me, if I wanted to fight you, I would be *****ing everyone out.
I didn't call anyone stupid, I said the idea is stupid, please READ everything before you come after me.

NOW - back to Splinter Cell, this game is NOT a rip off of Assassin's Creed, it's two different games.

1. Assassin's Creed is based on an ASSASSIN, that is not Sam. Sam is a spy.
2. Assassin's Creed deals with parkour, staking out your religious enemies, and taking them down.
3. Just because they have the crowd realism and social stealth, doesn't mean it's the same game. Every game that has crowds in the near future will have this new crowd AI, it's "next-gen".
4. Ubisoft Montreal is making two great games, Assassin's Creed and SC:5. I don't think the same company will steal it's own ideas.

MKCC14
05-24-2007, 06:55 PM
You cant steal from yourself, lol, but you can use some similar ideas to an extent. I agree with what you said, the only thing i see similar in both games is using the crowds of NPC's. Thats about it.

In SCC you can throw chairs and anything around you to fight off guards and also walk/sneak up behind a guard and quickly knock them out(seen in footage). In AC, I cant remember seeing being able to throw objects and all that other stuff. You can climb buildings, ride horses, and dont forget the "leap of faith". I could go on and on with differences.

Lil Proximo7
05-24-2007, 06:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">4. Ubisoft Montreal is making two great games, Assassin's Creed and SC:5. I don't think the same company will steal it's own ideas. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they wont steal there own ideas, they'll just use the same ideas for two different title's and see how much money they get!,and hope no one notices..lol..

if any ideas are being stolen, its hitman and dead rising, the enviroments and gameplay is like hitman,the throwing **** is too much like dead rising..i guess ubi doesnt wanna be different from other games....i smell a law suit

ShutDown69
05-24-2007, 07:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MKCC14:
You cant steal from yourself, lol, but you can use some similar ideas to an extent. I agree with what you said, the only thing i see similar in both games is using the crowds of NPC's. Thats about it.

In SCC you can throw chairs and anything around you to fight off guards and also walk/sneak up behind a guard and quickly knock them out(seen in footage). In AC, I cant remember seeing being able to throw objects and all that other stuff. You can climb buildings, ride horses, and dont forget the "leap of faith". I could go on and on with differences. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good observations, more people need to read up and look at the trailers, gameplay footage, and read articles, before they say it's a rip off.

I'll say this again, this is where the game had to go. They have a plot and everything will unfold. It wouldn't make sense to kill lambert and not be on the run.

"Hey, where's Lambert?"
"I heard Sam killed him"

no, I think you'd be looking for Sam wanting to hunt him down too.

psyichic
05-24-2007, 08:31 PM
Changing details like an Assassin to Sam is miniscule. It is substituting one storyline and main character for another. Changing the object of a game and the characters in it is obvious. CHanging if your a Spy or a special Assasin is a matter of storyline. What everyone is noting is the blatant rip-off of the Social stealth system

And since when has Splinter Cell not involved climbing things? Just because they throw the word "parkour" into the game doesn't mean things are any different. In Splinter Cell you can climb things (Unless they decided to remove this too) just like in Assassin's Creed. Just because Assassin's Creed has a more inpdeth climbing animation system and ledge grabbing system does not make it some amazing new invention.

Splinter Cell 5 looks like a completely blatant rip-off of Assassin's Creed except modern day and with a spy instead of an Assassin and a different storyline. The fact is though this whole "Social Stealth" thing is already being done in Assassin's Creed which is being based around Social stealth. Your taking Splinter Cell which is traditionally a dark and light stealth game and turning it into Social stealth.

And the "differences you listed" aren't all that different. They are different time periods and different storylines but as ive said before climbing is still in both games. While Assassin's creed may feature a much wider roaming area to climb than SplinterCell the idea is still there. In Splinter Cell chairs are weapons and in Assassin's creed other humans and objects in your enviroment are weapons. They showed how they created a roadblock using the pile of barrels while they were running away.

The fact is that the stealth System in Splinter Cell which was it's trademark gameplay is being replaced by Assassin's Creed stealth gameplay. You really can't transplant a series entire main focus and still be able to call it the same game.

ShutDown69
05-24-2007, 08:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by psyichic:
Changing details like an Assassin to Sam is miniscule. It is substituting one storyline and main character for another. Changing the object of a game and the characters in it is obvious. CHanging if your a Spy or a special Assasin is a matter of storyline. What everyone is noting is the blatant rip-off of the Social stealth system

And since when has Splinter Cell not involved climbing things? Just because they throw the word "parkour" into the game doesn't mean things are any different. In Splinter Cell you can climb things (Unless they decided to remove this too) just like in Assassin's Creed. Just because Assassin's Creed has a more inpdeth climbing animation system and ledge grabbing system does not make it some amazing new invention.

Splinter Cell 5 looks like a completely blatant rip-off of Assassin's Creed except modern day and with a spy instead of an Assassin and a different storyline. The fact is though this whole "Social Stealth" thing is already being done in Assassin's Creed which is being based around Social stealth. Your taking Splinter Cell which is traditionally a dark and light stealth game and turning it into Social stealth.

And the "differences you listed" aren't all that different. They are different time periods and different storylines but as ive said before climbing is still in both games. While Assassin's creed may feature a much wider roaming area to climb than SplinterCell the idea is still there. In Splinter Cell chairs are weapons and in Assassin's creed other humans and objects in your enviroment are weapons. They showed how they created a roadblock using the pile of barrels while they were running away.

The fact is that the stealth System in Splinter Cell which was it's trademark gameplay is being replaced by Assassin's Creed stealth gameplay. You really can't transplant a series entire main focus and still be able to call it the same game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good points, but I've decided, nothing is debatable untill we, the fans, get a hands on demo, till then I can't wait and if UBI messes up I'm done with SC forever, untill I remake it when I'm a top game designer, ha.

MKCC14
05-24-2007, 08:42 PM
Ok, i should go on then with the differences. Sam even has gadgets to distract when Altair doesnt have anything close to it...he doesnt even distract anything in the environment anyways, he just does his mission. Sam has to distract and then proceed to make his objective safer and easier.

For the gadgets, it was in the trailer, when Sam dropped a cellphone in a alleyway that made a noise and disturbed guards to come to the location. Nothing of that in AC.

Sam doesnt climb anything so far from what we seen. The devs also said it would be weird to see a fugitive climbing the side of a building in broad daylight...of course the guards will shoot at him, so theres none of that. I see how they are similar but not exactly the same thing in my eyes.

psyichic
05-24-2007, 08:43 PM
Sorry but for me they royally screwed it with DA. They screwed up and they basically had one chance to get it back to its roots and try to smooth over their rough patch. Now they simply remove whatever element of stealth that is left in Splinter Cell? Along with (Apparently I was right when I sarcastically commented on loosing the ability to climb) the ability to climb things?

From the videos it looks like a freaking action based fighter game with shoot-outs.

ShutDown69
05-24-2007, 08:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by psyichic:
Sorry but for me they royally screwed it with DA. They screwed up and they basically had one chance to get it back to its roots and try to smooth over their rough patch. Now they simply remove whatever element of stealth that is left in Splinter Cell? Along with (Apparently I was right when I sarcastically commented on loosing the ability to climb) the ability to climb things?

From the videos it looks like a freaking action based fighter game with shoot-outs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First I agree with everything MKCC14 said, he's my new buddy.
Second, there is not shoot outs, Sam only uses his guns to make distractions, from what I've seen, Sam is defending him self when an enemy comes near him, what the hell do you want him to do? Get on his knees? No.
Third, Montreal is making SC:5, they are the ones who made the amazing CT. Shanghai, on the other hand, made SCDA, the P.O.S.
Fourth, Sam can't have fire fights in the game or, he's damn screwed, how many bullets can a fugitive carry? ha
Fifth, Sam really wasn't all that notorious for climbing things, maybe a ledge or two, but more for pulling gaurds over rails, ect. Which I don't see in Assassin's Creed.

sweetpotatopi
05-24-2007, 08:58 PM
Shutdown69:

I love the fact that they are changing the single player, it was getting stale anyways. But I absolutely positively am appaled at the way you talk about the multiplayer.

The commercials of the Superbowl??? What are you talking about. Chaos Theory's single player was terrible if I'm not mistaken. It was the same exact thing we saw in 1 and 2. The only reason that Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory did as well as they did was the multiplayer. Sure the single player used lighting and all that jazz but the real game was in the multiplayer. It doesn't matter whether you were the number one or the number 235434543, I don't care. But if the only games you were playing were run and gun, then you must have been playing the wrong way. If you were playing with people who played unfair, then you should've found new people to play with. Don't try to find flaws in a game that was 9.9/10 perfect. Oh and by the way, at least Chaos Theory let us have a choice in whether to go stealthy or not. DA forced you to run and gun because the spy moved like a god damned cheetah. I hate how people try to find flaws in an almost perfect multiplayer experience that Chaos Theory's multiplayer was.

An0nym0us.01
05-24-2007, 09:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sweetpotatopi:
Shutdown69:

I love the fact that they are changing the single player, it was getting stale anyways. But I absolutely positively am appaled at the way you talk about the multiplayer.

The commercials of the Superbowl??? What are you talking about. Chaos Theory's single player was terrible if I'm not mistaken. It was the same exact thing we saw in 1 and 2. The only reason that Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory did as well as they did was the multiplayer. Sure the single player used lighting and all that jazz but the real game was in the multiplayer. It doesn't matter whether you were the number one or the number 235434543, I don't care. But if the only games you were playing were run and gun, then you must have been playing the wrong way. If you were playing with people who played unfair, then you should've found new people to play with. Don't try to find flaws in a game that was 9.9/10 perfect. Oh and by the way, at least Chaos Theory let us have a choice in whether to go stealthy or not. DA forced you to run and gun because the spy moved like a god damned cheetah. I hate how people try to find flaws in an almost perfect multiplayer experience that Chaos Theory's multiplayer was. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/354.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1241.gif

psyichic
05-24-2007, 09:07 PM
5. Sam has scaled buildings using cranes, drain pipes, ropes hanging from ceilings and other such devices used for climbings. And comparing the fact that Sam can Ledge Pull someone while Altiar can't is stupid. In SC 1 and 2 you couldn't ledge pull. It was a new addition in 3. Ledge Pulling did not make or break the game.

3. And I don't praise a company just because they have done a good job before. Do I trust that they won't make as many blatant programming screw ups? Yes. Do I feel that they are capable of taking a series and ripping out it's heart and still making it the same style as the old ones and be able to replicate what made them great? No.

4./2. And I would say that considering Sam can use his guns there will be times when a shootout will happen. In Splinter Cell this was never a common occurance. But neither was Sam running around throwing people over desks. I want to see actual stealth in Splinter Cell like avoiding the guards and being perfectly traceless. Nothing to alert the guards, nothing for them to see. A ghost

1. Whoopdy-do good for you and MKCC14. I guess I better tremble and MKCC14's word is law despite the fact he defended DA MP and every other Splinter Cell even if they were poorly done. (Which still was an insult to the bandwidth it ran on (yes it's my new insult for DA my old one got stale)). Sorry but I don't understand why MKCC14 is now the almighty law?

And with that im going to bed. Any further comments will be responded to tommorrow.

ShutDown69
05-24-2007, 09:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sweetpotatopi:
Shutdown69:

The commercials of the Superbowl??? What are you talking about. Chaos Theory's single player was terrible if I'm not mistaken. It was the same exact thing we saw in 1 and 2. The only reason that Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory did as well as they did was the multiplayer. Sure the single player used lighting and all that jazz but the real game was in the multiplayer. It doesn't matter whether you were the number one or the number 235434543, I don't care. But if the only games you were playing were run and gun, then you must have been playing the wrong way. If you were playing with people who played unfair, then you should've found new people to play with. Don't try to find flaws in a game that was 9.9/10 perfect. Oh and by the way, at least Chaos Theory let us have a choice in whether to go stealthy or not. DA forced you to run and gun because the spy moved like a god damned cheetah. I hate how people try to find flaws in an almost perfect multiplayer experience that Chaos Theory's multiplayer was. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can't tell me, that from playing Splinter Cell's MP for over 5 years, which I did, I saw only 15% stealth, stradegy, but not stealth. When I was Merc, spies smoked out your room and made you pass out, then they hacked. Game over. Wow, I mean it was fun and all, but that's all most people did. Yes, I've been in the top in DA, CT, and PT. Not once, ONCE, has someone beaten me with stealth, maybe stradegy as a team for one to smoke out the Merc and one to hack, it was too simple, but now, finally we have a challenge.

MKCC14
05-24-2007, 09:15 PM
5. Sam has scaled buildings using cranes, drain pipes, ropes hanging from ceilings and other such devices used for climbings. And comparing the fact that Sam can Ledge Pull someone while Altiar can't is stupid. In SC 1 and 2 you couldn't ledge pull. It was a new addition in 3. Ledge Pulling did not make or break the game.

3. And I don't praise a company just because they have done a good job before. Do I trust that they won't make as many blatant programming screw ups? Yes. Do I feel that they are capable of taking a series and ripping out it's heart and still making it the same style as the old ones and be able to replicate what made them great? No.

4./2. And I would say that considering Sam can use his guns there will be times when a shootout will happen. In Splinter Cell this was never a common occurance. But neither was Sam running around throwing people over desks. I want to see actual stealth in Splinter Cell like avoiding the guards and being perfectly traceless. Nothing to alert the guards, nothing for them to see. A ghost

1. Whoopdy-do good for you and MKCC14. I guess I better tremble and MKCC14's word is law despite the fact he defended DA MP and every other Splinter Cell even if they were poorly done. (Which still was an insult to the bandwidth it ran on (yes it's my new insult for DA my old one got stale)). Sorry but I don't understand why MKCC14 is now the almighty law?

And with that im going to bed. Any further comments will be responded to tommorrow. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
If the game was poorly done and i had major problems with it, I would have said so...but I didnt. You werent there watching me play the game so how can u say i support the game even if it was poorly done?Wow.

The thing i was talking about climbing buildings...I am talking about SCC, not the old SC games. Im comparing what is in SCC to AC. Nothing to do with old SC games.

Yeah, I am the almighty law, whatever i say is right. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

marinius
05-25-2007, 02:37 AM

Chaos Theory's single player was terrible if I'm not mistaken. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You, sir, are indeed mistaken!

S.a.S-Valserp
05-25-2007, 03:48 AM

Mercs= Run and gun/nade/mine up and camp. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh... who the f**k are you?
And what the f**k are you on about?
I don't use smoke...
And wtf with the comment about mercs? You want mercs to be stealthy aswell? Oh, oh... you also used the word "camp".
I know - maybe you were one of the top DM players in the world, right?

ShutDown69
05-25-2007, 09:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by S.a.S-Valserp:

I don't use smoke...
And wtf with the comment about mercs? You want mercs to be stealthy aswell? Oh, oh... you also used the word "camp".
I know - maybe you were one of the top DM players in the world, right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chill out kid, yes I was Drag-ON, W.A.N.K., and BT on all games and yes I was in the top.
Read when I say Mercs = Mine up and camp, how the **** are you supposed to use stealth then when they just sat in their rooms?
You can't tell me that I didn't not see stealth with my own eyes, all any spies did was rush, smoke, juke out, and host grab, WOW REAL STEALTH. Maybe there was more team stradegy, like I said, hardly any steath. Maybe on day one, untill all the Mercs found the hiding spots.
I never said it wasn't fun, cause SC MP is still my favorite online game, except DA.

ShutDown69
05-25-2007, 09:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by S.a.S-Valserp:

I don't use smoke...
I know - maybe you were one of the top DM players in the world, right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check my XBLA add me, play me, I'll show you who I am. Please type your english better, good for you, you don't use smoke wow, what did you prove?
Read it again buddy, I said the Mercs mine up a room and camp, how is the spy supposed to "sneak" in when the Merc is camping, uhhh.
That's why most people smoked out the rooms, blinded them, made a distraction while one got the neck and the other one hacked.
There was more stradegy than stealth involved.

Brownsnakeeyes
05-25-2007, 09:57 AM

I'm here to discuss and straighten out the real fans from the people who don't even follow the series.
<span class="ev_code_RED">Are you saying that I'm not a "real" fan of SC? All though I own ever game except the old-gen DA. I also do see where it's any of your business trying to come here saying that you are"I'm here to discuss and straighten out the real fans from the people who don't even follow the series". Give me a break. You're probably one of the people complaining in the first place about CT mp was too hard and how it should be changed.</span>

That's what I meant by real fans. I know you're a real fan cause you know what you're talking about, most people don't, that's why I don't respect the people who say all stealth is lost.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Like I said in my post, people that are not liking the new gameplay are the ones that want the core gameplay to stay the same. They are the people that, if UBI decided to kill or remove Sam from the series wouldn't care as long as the core gameplay of shadows and hiding in them was there.</span>

Only thing that is lost is the REAL Splinter Cell days. <span class="ev_code_RED">That's what we're complaining about. We want the REAL Splinter Cell to remain the same.</span> Now it's pretty much a lone man, no NSA, just a convict. It's difficult to understand if you didn't know SC:Essentials. There is a plot after all.

Yes, I know about XBL, I've been playing since PT. and I loved it and I still think there is hope. I am very competitive and love online, but I love getting wrapped into a good story line more.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Ok, if you play on LIVE then what is your gamertag and if you play on the PC then what's your name on that? If you only know about LIVE and don't play online on the PC then I don't see where you have any argument at all.</span>
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

An0nym0us.01
05-25-2007, 10:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brownsnakeeyes:
Are you saying that I'm not a "real" fan of SC? All though I own ever game except the old-gen DA. I also do see where it's any of your business trying to come here saying that you are"I'm here to discuss and straighten out the real fans from the people who don't even follow the series". Give me a break. You're probably one of the people complaining in the first place about CT mp was too hard and how it should be changed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, Shutdown and I play xbox live together and we played the PS2 together. We were the two best players on Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory on the PS2 versions. Ask anyone who played that, they'll tell you C.I.A.Agent_S and Drag.0n kicked everyone's ***.

Like I said in my post, people that are not liking the new gameplay are the ones that want the core gameplay to stay the same. They are the people that, if UBI decided to kill or remove Sam from the series wouldn't care as long as the core gameplay of shadows and hiding in them was there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with you there. Most of these so-called SC fans are now saying no shadows = no buy. But hey, that's their loss.

Ok, if you play on LIVE then what is your gamertag and if you play on the PC then what's your name on that? If you only know about LIVE and don't play online on the PC then I don't see where you have any argument at all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check his sig moron. It says plain as day "XBL: Doc Holidaze". PC is garbage.... seriously, who plays PC games these days?

Brownsnakeeyes
05-25-2007, 11:08 AM
Are you saying that I'm not a "real" fan of SC? All though I own ever game except the old-gen DA. I also do see where it's any of your business trying to come here saying that you are"I'm here to discuss and straighten out the real fans from the people who don't even follow the series". Give me a break. You're probably one of the people complaining in the first place about CT mp was too hard and how it should be changed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, Shutdown and I play xbox live together and we played the PS2 together. We were the two best players on Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory on the PS2 versions. Ask anyone who played that, they'll tell you C.I.A.Agent_S and Drag.0n kicked everyone's ***.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Too bad that there's only a hand full of people here that actually played that version. Including my self.</span>

Like I said in my post, people that are not liking the new gameplay are the ones that want the core gameplay to stay the same. They are the people that, if UBI decided to kill or remove Sam from the series wouldn't care as long as the core gameplay of shadows and hiding in them was there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with you there. Most of these so-called SC fans are now saying no shadows = no buy. But hey, that's their loss.
<span class="ev_code_RED">I don't think you understood me correct. I am one of those so-called SC fans that don't like the direction of the series.</span>

Ok, if you play on LIVE then what is your gamertag and if you play on the PC then what's your name on that? If you only know about LIVE and don't play online on the PC then I don't see where you have any argument at all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check his sig moron. It says plain as day "XBL: Doc Holidaze". PC is garbage.... seriously, who plays PC games these days?

<span class="ev_code_RED">There's no need to be an *** and call me a moron. I guess I was expecting a signature of some kind. As for PC gamers, I find alot of them have better additudes and more maturity than console gamers. At least most console gamers I've met. My gamertag is NSA Spy. I know longer have the 360 version of DA but I play alot of GRAW2. If you'd like to send me an invite to play some CT MP go ahead.</span>

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First-Endever
05-25-2007, 11:30 AM
I complteley and 100% agree with you Shutdown69.

ShutDown69
05-25-2007, 11:46 AM
THANK YOU, Anonymous, First, and whoever else agrees with me. I was trying to prove a point that this game is not over and still has a lot of elements of stealth in it. I'm glad some people still realize this is a Splinter Cell game after all and not a rip off.

I've been playing this game since day one, me and Anonymous have been partners and we have been to the top of the boards on MP, we'd know if there was any stealth, we've seen it all from noobs crouched around the whole map to people camping. We aren't dumb people.

First-Endever
05-25-2007, 11:49 AM
I do not know why people wouldn't be able to see the elements of stealth in this one. Truly I think this will be one of the best SC's. I like being able to have to think of my feet in a game, plan as you go, instead of planning everything first, and having all equipment with you, and all.ShutDown69 If you would, please PM if you have msn or aim, I would love t o talk more about all of this, and other games.

Peace

wallz0r
05-25-2007, 11:51 AM
Hmm,lets just imagine it...

What if the game will suck bigtime?What then?

First-Endever
05-25-2007, 11:59 AM
Then I countinue playing the others. But I highly doubt it will suck,they have been getting better and better.

S.a.S-Valserp
05-25-2007, 12:44 PM
Please type your english better, good for you, you don't use smoke wow, what did you prove? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Was that two completely different sentences in one? Wow, thanks for telling me how to type.

Read it again buddy, I said the Mercs mine up a room and camp, how is the spy supposed to "sneak" in when the Merc is camping, uhhh.
That's why most people smoked out the rooms, blinded them, made a distraction while one got the neck and the other one hacked.
There was more stradegy than stealth involved. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hah... you are a bit incomprehensive, aren't you?
Here I go again:
I have not used the smoke grenade gadget for a year and I have not found the need to do so.
Yet you say "good for you, what did you prove?".
I proved your point to be wrong, that's what. If a merc fills a room with mines and just stands there, you go to another objective.
Of course, that is if you are playing Story.
Now, since I assume that you are a DM player - know this - DM is a *******ed game mode that wasn't really supposed to be balanced, it's just there for people who lack the ability to comprehend how to play Story mode. Enjoy being the best amongst the ******ed.

psyichic
05-25-2007, 01:22 PM

You can't tell me, that from playing Splinter Cell's MP for over 5 years, which I did, I saw only 15% stealth, stradegy, but not stealth. When I was Merc, spies smoked out your room and made you pass out, then they hacked. Game over. Wow, I mean it was fun and all, but that's all most people did. Yes, I've been in the top in DA, CT, and PT. Not once, ONCE, has someone beaten me with stealth, maybe stradegy as a team for one to smoke out the Merc and one to hack, it was too simple, but now, finally we have a challenge. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ive got to say it again: But if you couldn't bypass simplistic aggro play like that then you really had no skill. I am nowhere near the top but when people decide to smoke out the room and attempt to aggro me I put on gasmask and simply shoot them. You make it sound as if that is the actual playstyle people use to win games. Sorry but if you get any decent team versus any other decent team each side is forced to use a mixture of stealth and aggro. You can only perform an all aggro win or an all stealth win if the opposing team lacked skill BIG TIME.

Judging from your descriptions of the game you were either significantly below the skill level of the people you played or had no idea what to do when a spy stops running and fights. Sorry to say it but it's time for you to stop blaming the game just because the other side was better then you.

Oh and BTW last I checked you weren't in the leader list. You (From my knowledge) are not seefoo, vantage, spekkio, lochang, Solidus or Snakebit(I still hate admitting this arrogant....person is good at the game). Of course then again (Sorry to be mean to you Xboxers) you played XBL. And I forget just how infantile a good number of players are on that service.

Sorry to sound like a PC elitist (Even though I sorta am) but just because maybe your control scheme or skill was sub-par does not mean the game is bad.

And P.S. Valserp is one of the high quality PC players. And his comment is essentially valid. Those tactics you mentioned are basically DM mode strategies that are never used in Story Mode.

Anonymous: Alot of us play PC games actually. Some of us do enjoy mouse/keyboard. Sorry but there is still a good community for PC gamers out there. For example, WoW (shiver. Hate that game) has about 8.5 milliin subscribers. Sorry but you just displayed a wonderfully low IQ.

Brownsnakeeyes
05-25-2007, 01:51 PM
Also don't forget that the ps2 version of pt and ct wasn't even close to being the same as the PC and xbox versions. Plus there were alot less players playing the ps2 version.

Another thing that sucks about all this is that the 360 players won't be able to play with PC players CT style. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

Brownsnakeeyes
05-25-2007, 02:47 PM
I'm still waiting on an invite to play CT MP. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

An0nym0us.01
05-25-2007, 06:11 PM
I'm still waiting on an invite to play CT MP. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd whoop ur *** in CT. anyday, anytime. There is your invitation, whenever you wanna play me lemme know.

osborne10
05-25-2007, 06:51 PM
i think both of you are right, in your opinions.i can see why braiog, and other fans are mad.most people think the series has been geat. so why change it.especially when it is the last game and you want it to go out with a bang.but the old gameplay wont match the story.sam is not working for the 3rd ec. any more.since he is on the run/i guess proving his innocence ,he will have to be on the move.making decisions face to face with enemies,instead of waiting for them. thats where the new hand to hand combat comes in. and there is stealth in the game,just that you have to work harder to stay invisible.the active stealth i think is what they call it.it makes the game more fast paced.
yes they have a lot to do to make the new game play work.they have a great idea, but it can work and be great,or it will fail and severely suck.and the last mp in SCDA did suck. so i want chaos theory's back. and they should mix the good things on live for SCDA with the good things on chaos theory.and add other stuff.after that live would be perfect.thanks for playing along and forgive me for being long winded.

RandellDawg
05-25-2007, 07:13 PM
Man your all nuts, who cares if it is what you want, bottom line, you choose if you want to buy it. So stop complaining, everyone, both the people for and aginst it and just accept the fact there doing it.

Knot3D
05-25-2007, 07:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by osborne10:
but the old gameplay wont match the story.sam is not working for the 3rd ec. any more.since he is on the run/i guess proving his innocence </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The story should be tailored to the gameplay, not the other way around.

Ubi's using the story/Sam Fisher, as an 'excuse' to significantly change the game.

No worries though, i'll not buy this game and instead i'll probably get MGS4.

First-Endever
05-25-2007, 07:59 PM
Dumb reason to not get conviction. Or like it for that matter.

MKCC14
05-25-2007, 08:32 PM
I think people should like it because it will be fun and a new challenge/experience for us SC fans. Thats just me, though.

Sir_Jams
05-25-2007, 09:00 PM
I think people should like it because it will be fun and a new challenge/experience for us SC fans. Thats just me, though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're not alone on that. I'm one of the most die-hard SC fans ever.

Ghost477
05-25-2007, 11:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sir_Jams:
I think people should like it because it will be fun and a new challenge/experience for us SC fans. Thats just me, though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're not alone on that. I'm one of the most die-hard SC fans ever. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Count me in. *Lays down sword*

ROLNIK
05-25-2007, 11:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Last thing I need to hear is someone telling me not to complain, and then backpeddle and insinuate that &gt;.&gt;.&gt;.&gt; "If you're a TRUE SC fan, you'll blindly follow Ubisoft" &lt;.&lt;.&lt;.&lt; </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Chief_Goldblum
05-25-2007, 11:51 PM
Im a die hard fan; crack.

rogerwilco99
05-26-2007, 12:26 AM
@shutdown69

I guess the hundreds of thousands of people who bought Quake 3 Arena and Quake 3 Team Arena were just stupid... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Back on track

One of the things that bothers me greatly about SC5 is that they brought Sam out of the shadows. Why? It doesn't make any sense. Sam is a trained COVERT operative. He's trained to work in the dark, to be quiet to be a ghost, a Ninja.

So why would he throw all that training out the window go poncing around in the daylight trying to do whatever it is he's doing? Logically, he would only go out at night. He IS a fugitive right? What kind of fugitive goes out in the daytime to places with lots of cops?

Having Sam going about his "stealth" practices (can't really call them missions can we?) in the day time when that's not his element just makes no sense at all.

Sam is a creature of the dark. He's trained for it and a master of it. He'd only abandon it if he absolutely had to. And so far, I've seen no reason or any justification for it.

So, it's just changing the gameplay style "because they can" and THEY are tired of it. No matter that most fans of the game probably are not.

I've gone the complete stealth route (you can't tell I was there) on SC1, PT and CT. I love playing that way. In fact I don't even use the gadgets or guns unless I absolutely have to (which is very rare).

Taking away Sam's suit and gadgets is part of what this "change" is about. Many of us beat them to that long ago.

I think they should have kept the darkness and shadows formula for SC5. But in a couple of places, Sam has to get by on his wits with no gadgets or guns to get him through it. There are lots of good story lines and even good plot twists that could be used for more games.

IMHO, this "Social Stealth" stuff is just BS. It's not logical, it's not warranted and it's just doesn't make any sense. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

Braiog is also quite correct in saying that anyone complaining about other people complaining is just hypocritical. And to call the legitimate complaints of others "crying" is just being condescending. I do find it funny that some people can't stand to hear other people complain about the complete change in direction of a game that they love playing. At least no one has used the word "censorship", yet. But it's still early.

As Sergeant Hulka would say, "Lighten up Francis." http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

SplinterCell_37
05-26-2007, 05:41 AM

One thing I do know, and that is if this next game sucks, there's going to be a few people looking like a bunch of asses.

Because most of the people that are against it don't care about the new gameplay. I haven't read one post yet of anyone say anything about the new gameplay sucking. There all about UBI not changing the core gameplay of the series.

So it's a matter of taste. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You, sir, are a man of great wisdom.

Kudos.

osborne10
05-26-2007, 04:55 PM
I think people should like it because it will be fun and a new challenge/experience for us SC fans. Thats just me, though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>i agree 100%

osborne10
05-26-2007, 05:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Knot3D:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by osborne10:
but the old gameplay wont match the story.sam is not working for the 3rd ec. any more.since he is on the run/i guess proving his innocence </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ubi's using the story/Sam Fisher, as an 'excuse' to significantly change the game.

No worries though, i'll not buy this game and instead i'll probably get MGS4. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>so knot 3d basically by going what you said they should drop the story of all 4 games and just make one that just has random missions.

osborne10
05-26-2007, 05:11 PM
plus you said you are going to get MGS4.I would find a better game to drop back on, like (HALO 3)

ROLNIK
05-26-2007, 05:13 PM
I think people should like it because it will be fun and a new challenge/experience for us SC fans. Thats just me, though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>i agree 100% </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

100% disagree

again - they shouldn't change it.

Let's say: you beat Halo 2 and you are waiting for H3. Now bungie decided to change it to TPP wouldn't that make you mad at them? you're hoping for the next title of your favorite franchise and they change it to a different game titled Halo 3 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif. Same with SCC.

I wouldn't be mad at UBI if they made another game. They didn't have to make it a SC, and that would allow them to continue making another SC's. Doing it was a big mistake.

Knot3D
05-26-2007, 05:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Knot3D:

No worries though, i'll not buy this game and instead i'll probably get MGS4. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>so knot 3d basically by going what you said they should drop the story of all 4 games and just make one that just has random missions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, that's still better than to rape a game it's core gameplay because of some supposedly storyline. Look, Ubi's just using this storyline excuse to have people buy into this Conviction gameplay.

And hell yeah, MGS4 is a stealth game. Of course it's a better stealth game to drop back to than Halo 3.. because .. guess what... Halo3 is a shooter and i don't like shooters.

MKCC14
05-26-2007, 05:24 PM
I have already mastered the the light and shadows gameplay and with the sequels of the gamr they started to become easier, well because i knew what i had to do and there were barely any change. So as i played through SCDA and SCCT, the game wasnt difficult because i mastered the stealth approach already. I thought SC1 was hard...a couple weeks ago i went back to it and sweeped through the game without any difficulty.

This is a sign to me for a new challenge that will bring back the difficult times i had playing SC1. The games became rather too easy over time...but they were still fun. This active stealth i havent played from before so i dont know what to expect or even know really how things are going to be done. So im looking forward to a challenge.

Knot3D
05-26-2007, 05:37 PM
I have already mastered the the light and shadows gameplay and with the sequels of the gamr they started to become easier, well because i knew what i had to do and there were barely any change. So as i played through SCDA and SCCT, the game wasnt difficult because i mastered the stealth approach already. I thought SC1 was hard...a couple weeks ago i went back to it and sweeped through the game without any difficulty.

This is a sign to me for a new challenge that will bring back the difficult times i had playing SC1. The games became rather too easy over time...but they were still fun. This active stealth i havent played from before so i dont know what to expect or even know really how things are going to be done. So im looking forward to a challenge. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The issue at hand is that many people dismiss any possibility that Ubi could have taken effort to make that vintage gameplay become a true challenge again :

- Ai which truly recognizes casted shadows and dark silhouettes and which then reacts accordingly to it in a coherent manner.

- physics and dynamics to provide both the player and the Ai the means to truly alter the environment and thus the lit and unlit areas dynamically ; ACTIVE DYNAMIC SHADOW PLAY STEALTH.

Somehow ... alot of people can't grasp that the core of CT could have been taken, and then evolved into shadow play where you REALLY have to watch out where you cast your shadow.

"CT-evolved" was dismissed and not given any chance

osborne10
05-26-2007, 07:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jasiek.rolnik:
I think people should like it because it will be fun and a new challenge/experience for us SC fans. Thats just me, though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>i agree 100% </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

100% disagree

again - they shouldn't change it.

Let's say: you beat Halo 2 and you are waiting for H3. Now bungie decided to change it to TPP wouldn't that make you mad at them? you're hoping for the next title of your favorite franchise and they change it to a different game titled Halo 3 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif. Same with SCC.

I wouldn't be mad at UBI if they made another game. They didn't have to make it a SC, and that would allow them to continue making another SC's. Doing it was a big mistake. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>i understand what you mean

osborne10
05-26-2007, 07:49 PM
looks like the good lord gave us a conversation starter. hhmmm -Herbert(family guy)
knot3D good point on halo 3 not being a stealth game,but how do you not like it.can that happen .And since you don't really care for the story.And some people don't ,they should bring back the old multi player ,and start making a regular splinter cell game that has to do with, god knows what.and i will buy that to.it should make everyone happy .
And about the game play,i didn't word it write.i really meant that it matches what he is faced against, or what he has to do.he doesn't have the things he used to.He is a fugitive,he's in public.

osborne10
05-26-2007, 08:27 PM
catching what someone else said in the begging about defining fan and fan boy,something like that.your statement on not buying SC5 and going to mgs4.her is a common sports term front runner:when something is going good you love it,but when stuff bad happens you are no longer associated with it/quit it. band wagoner:joining something when it's doing good. band wagon hopper:jumping from team to team because they are doing well at the time.in this case game or developer.
and i end in this,ubi has treated us fairly,most of the time.so even if they mess up I'm with them.and i see what people mean about ,now they are changing the game play.but it looks fun and gos well with the story,and i know what you mean about how some people don't care for the story,just the game play.So UBI is in a hard place of pleasing people.there is probably some way to combine the story and the old game play but i don't see it,and ubi doesn't.and i cant wait to try it.to me (my personal opinion)it looks like it is as good ,or could be as good if they fix the problems seen in the trailer.the ones i said before.
Shelly,SHelly.....come on!-Michael Micdonald (mad tv)

Knot3D
05-26-2007, 08:46 PM
ubi has treated us fairly,most of the time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fairly ? Hardly.

We have been loyal customers. You think it's reasonable & a good idea to spend money on something i wouldn't like even if it carries the name of the same brand ?

Hell no. I am a realist. Ultimate brand loyalty and true fanboyism stink. If brand A's next version of it's product is ****, i won't buy it. It's people who buy it regardlessly, they are the true TOOLS of the brandname executives who chomp expensive cigars and drive those uber sportscars.

And they're not in a tight spot. Do i need to repeat it over and over again ?

evolution upon CHAOS THEORY GAMEPLAY by means OF TRUE DYNAMIC LIGHTING & SHADOWS with AI smart & aggressive enough to make vintage SC gameplay challenging again !

So, think before you buy into a companies' hype. With my MGS4 example ; all i am saying is that game stays true to what it's loyal fanbase likes it for. Power to the fans, not the CEO's nor the marketing dudes.

Black-S
05-27-2007, 01:45 AM
^ Sounds like someone is in need of a tissue. Ubisoft doesnt force you to buy one of their products. YOU choose to buy their products. If you dont want to buy products from rich, cigar chomping, fast sports car driving CEOs than my god you must have no TV, no Computer, no furniture or anything in your house mate.

You talk about being a realist how about you open your eyes sunshine. Obviously you have never experienced purchasing an EA product because Ubisoft has a much better track record of customer relations and releasing more finished games than EA ever will. If you dont like SC Conviction and the way the mechanics of the game have changed thats fine, by all means post your feelings, but from all the posts I have read you have neither anything constructive to say and live in blissful ignorance.

A company that wants to make money so it can invest in the future is just so so evil. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

the_sextein
05-27-2007, 11:43 PM
So is Conviction going to be made for the PC or is it being ported again? If it's being ported then I will stop looking at it right now. Otherwise I have some other questions I would like to know.

Will conviction be a finished product? Do they plan to release the full version on a console and then cut out 20 minutes of the movie scenes for the PC version again?

Another thing that is important. My computer has a $1,200 graphic system in it that is double the power of an Xbox 360 and yet it cannot run DA at a decent frame rate. Will this game that looks even nicer some how run on my high end computer?

Is UBI now aware that they can build multithreaded games on the PC and that multiple cores exist on more than just the Xbox 360?

If Conviction is released by the time SM4.0 is out will they still support SM3.0?

Will they be supporting Crossfire and SLI this time and have they learned to deal with current drivers from our industry leaders Nvidia and ATI?

I plan to give Conviction a chance by not purchasing it until it has hit bargain bin prices. By then I will be able to see if this game is a repeat of the last one. In my book UBI ripped me off and then they sent a message full of lies to the community. If I do buy this game it will be for cheap and based on what I am seeing it probably won't happen at all. I will give it a chance though but they will have to push all the right buttons.

GRAW, Rainbow Six and Splintercell have all fallen apart in my opinion. Most of their other games have massive problems with performance and bugs even on the most expensive top tier hardware the world has to offer. I am going to wait and see if the real fans actaully like it this time because the media is abviously full of lies. PC Gamer gave DA a 63% because it didn't really work so I will listen to them and you guys that is it.

I will say one thing though. When I buy a splintercell game I want to be a spy that has high tech equipment and infiltrates highly guarded compounds in the middle of the night. This really does not look like SC anymore. Hopefully it will still be a third person game when it finally gets released. I would hate to see SC become a first person shooter that takes place in the daylight with nothing but a bunch of guns for equipment and terrorists running around needing to be shot. Oh and have they gotten rid of the stop light on fisher's back?

EA released C&C 3 earlier this year and it runs fantastic and looks good to. Multi-play is unbalanced but it is being fixed in a few days. EA is releasing Crysis later this year. Thank God someone would put down the funds to make an actual PC game that does something innovative for a change. Maybe it's not such a bad thing that EA is buying up UBI afterall. Two years ago I would be pissed at someone for saying that but after SCCT was released UBI has really dropped the ball over and over again. I don't think they have made a single game on the PC that is optimized and actually works correctly out of the box. Not to mention they have driven some of the best PC game series ever created into the ground. Not just bad games but bad customer support all around.

Black-S
05-28-2007, 01:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by the_sextein:
So is Conviction going to be made for the PC or is it being ported again? If it's being ported then I will stop looking at it right now. Otherwise I have some other questions I would like to know.

Will conviction be a finished product? Do they plan to release the full version on a console and then cut out 20 minutes of the movie scenes for the PC version again?

Another thing that is important. My computer has a $1,200 graphic system in it that is double the power of an Xbox 360 and yet it cannot run DA at a decent frame rate. Will this game that looks even nicer some how run on my high end computer?

Is UBI now aware that they can build multithreaded games on the PC and that multiple cores exist on more than just the Xbox 360?

If Conviction is released by the time SM4.0 is out will they still support SM3.0?

Will they be supporting Crossfire and SLI this time and have they learned to deal with current drivers from our industry leaders Nvidia and ATI?

I plan to give Conviction a chance by not purchasing it until it has hit bargain bin prices. By then I will be able to see if this game is a repeat of the last one. In my book UBI ripped me off and then they sent a message full of lies to the community. If I do buy this game it will be for cheap and based on what I am seeing it probably won't happen at all. I will give it a chance though but they will have to push all the right buttons.

GRAW, Rainbow Six and Splintercell have all fallen apart in my opinion. Most of their other games have massive problems with performance and bugs even on the most expensive top tier hardware the world has to offer. I am going to wait and see if the real fans actaully like it this time because the media is abviously full of lies. PC Gamer gave DA a 63% because it didn't really work so I will listen to them and you guys that is it.

I will say one thing though. When I buy a splintercell game I want to be a spy that has high tech equipment and infiltrates highly guarded compounds in the middle of the night. This really does not look like SC anymore. Hopefully it will still be a third person game when it finally gets released. I would hate to see SC become a first person shooter that takes place in the daylight with nothing but a bunch of guns for equipment and terrorists running around needing to be shot. Oh and have they gotten rid of the stop light on fisher's back?

EA released C&C 3 earlier this year and it runs fantastic and looks good to. Multi-play is unbalanced but it is being fixed in a few days. EA is releasing Crysis later this year. Thank God someone would put down the funds to make an actual PC game that does something innovative for a change. Maybe it's not such a bad thing that EA is buying up UBI afterall. Two years ago I would be pissed at someone for saying that but after SCCT was released UBI has really dropped the ball over and over again. I don't think they have made a single game on the PC that is optimized and actually works correctly out of the box. Not to mention they have driven some of the best PC game series ever created into the ground. Not just bad games but bad customer support all around. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All legitimate concerns in my opinion. You have to also take into consideration that Ubisoft Montreal is taking on the Conviction project whereas Shanghai did Double Agent. Montreal was responsible for the first Splinter Cell and for SC:CT both which are fantastic games. Montreal has a long history of developing groundbreaking games so put some faith into their abilities.

I share your concern about the XBox port over to the PC, which imo is the worst thing ever. SC and SC:CT felt more at home on the PC than DA, so I really hope that its not a direct port.

EA has been on the mend the customer relations, and a lot of people were quite shocked with the time and effort that went into BF2142. However, EA has a very very poor history so they are bound to do something to turn around their image. As for C&C3, yes it runs fantastic and looks great except the gameplay is left to be desired. I found after 2 weeks I was fully bored with it and its MP online is a shambles.

the_sextein
05-28-2007, 05:20 AM
Yeah I am aware that Montreal is doing it. They did a fantastic job with Chaos Theory. The thing I am not sure of is what UBI is going to allow them to do. If they are not given the proper time to actually make a PC version or they are not given the resources to do it properly then it won't matter what team is working on the game. Another thing that bothers me is that Splintercell is no longer like it used to be and I don't know if they will be all that good at making a more action oriented day time version of the game. Heck I don't know if I will even like that kind of gameplay. Honestly I would rather have another game series use that kind of gameplay and just let splintercell be splintercell.

First-Endever
05-28-2007, 08:36 AM
You guys, it's really not that huge of a change like the Halo 2/Halo 3 example is, the only real difference is that you don't work for Third Echelon, You might not always have the right equipment ( Idk, maybe you will maybe you won't) There are way more public places you have to go around in, which you still have to technically "Sneak" around from people, and take police and what not, down in a spot where someone will not know it was you. More thinking on your feet, instead of being pretty planned out. M&lt;ore fighting instead stealthy kills.

But I do not mind any of these, these are all still great factors of gameplay, and new and exciting. I don't know why jmost people aren't liking it.

heyfunboy
05-28-2007, 11:04 AM
I say the true SC fan in me says the SC game isn't all about the MP.... since that is not what orginally made the series sucessfull [but it did contribute to it and sorta revolutionized the video game industry in the selected genre]. I have a more important look on the SP style of the game.

The MP should go like this: stationary ND133-type units that have to be hacked manually(up close and personal), all classic gadgets brought back, and classic-style PT maps(no zones or sectors).

So I guess this game isn't like GTA since you can't kill anybody.... for shame. Also, my Sam commited suicide in the PT level with the submarine.... if Ubisoft wants to be so hecking realistic then why do they keep coming up with random Sam-Fisher ****? Double shame.

Jackie Fiest
05-28-2007, 11:10 AM
Guys,

While for the most part everything has been ok. I want to ask that we please watch the phrases like "true SC fan". Just because someones opinion of the upcoming series is different from yours doesn't they are any less of a true fan than you are. The people who chat here are usually the most hardcore of fans that they would seek the official forums out and just as you wouldn't want your dedication to the series to be questioned, I'm sure no one else does either.

Again, I don't want to place blame by saying this, but it's something I see as a possible problem down the road so it's more of an ounce of prevention.

James_Westfall
05-28-2007, 12:54 PM
The poster thinks he was one of "the best in the world"...arrogant assumption...just an opinion to me...

...btw. CT w/ DA graphics would be SICK...and yes, i buy it for the multiplayer. The CT community was great (cept for a few bad apples). The DA community is alright. Small, w/ a few bad apples again.

so, were u the best in the world on XBox or PC. If PC, what was ur nickname? If Xbox, where is the proof that you were "one of the best in the world.".....Just curious...

First-Endever
05-29-2007, 09:39 AM
Your telling me you don't play the campaign, and only buy it for the MP!! Ridiculous, the campaigns are amazing, and what makes a game, a game, don't get me wrong, MP is always sweet, but if there was no sweet campaign or story line, there would be no sweet MP.

James_Westfall
05-29-2007, 12:04 PM
I agree with you, but I like the idea of playing a game w/ multiple players. I usually don't focus on a game by myself. I'm sure I'll play through DA eventually, but I'm only into it for the multiplayer.

S.a.S-Valserp
05-29-2007, 03:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by First-Endever:
Your telling me you don't play the campaign, and only buy it for the MP!! Ridiculous, the campaigns are amazing, and what makes a game, a game, don't get me wrong, MP is always sweet, but if there was no sweet campaign or story line, there would be no sweet MP. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The only sweet storyline was in SC1. It went downhill from there.
Plus, I mostly play MP games and hardly sit down to play SP campaigns - these days the plotlines suck and the AI is never much of a challenge.

ShutDown69
05-30-2007, 09:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James_Westfall:
The poster thinks he was one of "the best in the world"...arrogant assumption...just an opinion to me...

...btw. CT w/ DA graphics would be SICK...and yes, i buy it for the multiplayer. The CT community was great (cept for a few bad apples). The DA community is alright. Small, w/ a few bad apples again.

so, were u the best in the world on XBox or PC. If PC, what was ur nickname? If Xbox, where is the proof that you were "one of the best in the world.".....Just curious... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well my 10,000 check really helps to say I'm up there among the best.
Add my XBLA and we'll see who's good buddy. I was just stating a fact when I said I was one of the best in the world and I still am. Try me, I get hated on for stating a fact then I'm going to prove.

James_Westfall
05-30-2007, 11:21 PM
Here comes the hostility. I just wanted some proof. I'm a PC player. We don't have anything dealing with "checks" and BS like that. Our ranking system is garbage and is actually a really garbage set-up.

The only thing we have that determines how good anyone is, is a tournament. We have only had 2. Compared to your "check points" or "check marks" that doesn't help out to prove anything. You play just as much as a whole ****-ton of people play on PC.

Here. Here is another "check" from me to you. Now its at 10,001. That means you are sick-nastier now.

P.S. no clue what XBLA is. I'm in a clan, is that alright? Or should I get a teacher to set up a checkmark system for my behavior?

The points you stated in your first post are good. You just have a big head...

EskimoBob32
05-31-2007, 01:05 AM
Shutdown, you are right when you say people need to read up on things before they comment on them. How can you base your opinion on... nothing?

But from what I've read, most people here HAVE read up on things, and they don't like what they see. Also, your continuous argument of "How can you return to the NSA if you've killed Lambert?" has faults. In DA you had the CHOICE to kill Lambert, and it wasn't even certain if he died considering he still spoke to you even if you shot him in the head. Essentials will likely be considered non-canonical, seeing as it has information that contradicts other SCs (Sam being an agent before SC1, Lambert dying). Also the biggest point is, you seem to have not read up on things properly - something which I thought annoyed you. Everywhere I've looked so far has stated that SC:C is set 2 years after DA and that the choices made in the previous game will have little impact. It also says you go back to the NSA, where an internal conflict makes Sam leave. I don't really think they'd let you in if they thought you killed Lambert, so Sam seems to become a fugitive for some other reason.

I'm all for this type of game, as long as it isn't called Splinter Cell. A modern day Assassin's Creed would work, don't get me wrong, but it completely lacks the elements that made the first 3 games so good.

Allankles
05-31-2007, 01:39 AM
I'm new here and I've read many of the posts on this forum for a couple of days now, and I'm really beginning to doubt whether the poeple complaining have really read up on conviction.

First of all Sam will still be using stealth moves, so the core gameplay (stealth action not light and shadows) hasn't been abandoned.

Convcition is an attempt to bring foward the culmination of all of Ubi's past efforts in Splinter cell into one game. The AI is more dynamic and Sam will need to be more dynamic as well.

No more easy comfort zones, you're going to have to work for those comfort zones. Also, no more reloads every time a guard or two catches you unawares, Sam will be able to improvise allowing for several more situations in each level. Sam will still have the option of sneaking past guards unseen, undetected but it'll be harder.

Noisewater-US
05-31-2007, 07:06 AM
zomg MP is te noob! i liek 2 plays alone aganst the #1 best player! PC IS TE NOOB!!!1

i am #1 b3st players in w0r1dQ!!11

i got 20,000 chick mark5! that a whol3 duble what nubman says!

ROFLCOPTORZ!!! i pwn h3ng3 noobs!!! i am noobaholic!!

zomgroflbbqlollmaobrbafkbblttylttfn!!1!1!

Noisewater-US
05-31-2007, 07:09 AM
also, your misuse of a comma on the title of this topic is misleading. it makes is seem more like something you say to your significant other when you look out the window and see a mob of joggers wearing SC t-shirts. "Dear, Die Hard SC Fans!!"

re-evaluate

ShutDown69
05-31-2007, 12:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James_Westfall:
Here comes the hostility. I just wanted some proof. I'm a PC player. We don't have anything dealing with "checks" and BS like that. Our ranking system is garbage and is actually a really garbage set-up.

The only thing we have that determines how good anyone is, is a tournament. We have only had 2. Compared to your "check points" or "check marks" that doesn't help out to prove anything. You play just as much as a whole ****-ton of people play on PC.

Here. Here is another "check" from me to you. Now its at 10,001. That means you are sick-nastier now.

P.S. no clue what XBLA is. I'm in a clan, is that alright? Or should I get a teacher to set up a checkmark system for my behavior?

The points you stated in your first post are good. You just have a big head... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

10,000 DOLLAR check, not check marks. Smart one, learn what you're going to diss me on first before you start talking **** and sound like an idiot.

BurningDeath.
05-31-2007, 12:47 PM
10,000 DOLLAR check, not check marks. Smart one, learn what you're going to diss me on first before you start talking **** and sound like an idiot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ehh...how were we supposed to find that out again? I'm sorry if I lack your telephatic skills, but I couldnt tell that you ment a $-check, especcially because its actually spelled "cheque", if I remember correctly. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

An0nym0us.01
05-31-2007, 12:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BurningDeath.:
especcially because its actually spelled "cheque", if I remember correctly. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, it's not spellled cheque. I guess you could spell it like that, then people would just think your an idiot.

James_Westfall
05-31-2007, 01:29 PM
shutdown..ever seen this before: $ (its a dollar sign if you haven't)

so yes, I am the smarter one here b/c I know my simple symbols. Be a little more clear next time and I won't have to rip you 2 new anuses.

10,000 check means nothing to me. Absolutely nothing. tis a number followed by "check".

$10,000 is a lot of money however, and I still think ur a pansy. Did UBI give you a $10,000 check?? Because your sick nasty?

Guess who doesn't believe you...everyone...

UBI gave me SCDA for free...and that is the truth. UBI can recognize good ppl in the community, but to award some1 $10,000....seems kind of farfetched to me.

Here are some other signs maybe your 5 year-old mind can't handle, but that you do need to know if you're going to survive in society:

! @ # $ % & * + -

Only to name a few...

P.S....I know a lot of people that would make you look silly at the game...actually..not silly...just ridiculously stupid.

BurningDeath.
05-31-2007, 01:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BurningDeath.:
especcially because its actually spelled "cheque", if I remember correctly. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, it's not spellled cheque. I guess you could spell it like that, then people would just think your an idiot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, (http://dict.leo.org/ende?lp=ende&lang=de&searchLoc=0&cmpType=relaxed&sectHdr=on&spellToler=on&search=scheck&relink=on) some (http://dict.tu-chemnitz.de/dings.cgi?lang=de&service=deen&opterrors=0&optpro=0&query=scheck&iservice=&comment=) dictionaries (http://www3.dict.cc/?s=scheck) prove (http://www.student-online.net/woerterbuch.shtml?query=scheck&dictionaryId=1&maxresult=15&time=0.0) you (http://odge.de/index.php?ebene=Suche&kw=scheck) wrong. (http://dict.uni-leipzig.de/index.php?wort=scheck&anzahlen=on&fuzzy=on&x=0&y=0)
People think you're an idiot now, i guess...

Release_15
05-31-2007, 01:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Well, some dictionaries prove you wrong.
People think you're an idiot now, i guess... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, I think you're trying too hard.
Let the freakin' word go...

An0nym0us.01
05-31-2007, 04:19 PM
P.S....I know a lot of people that would make you look silly at the game...actually..not silly...just ridiculously stupid. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Obviously not because we won the SC Tournament pretty easily.

James_Westfall
05-31-2007, 05:34 PM
r u an X-Box player too?

An0nym0us.01
05-31-2007, 05:39 PM
r u an X-Box player too? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Considering the fact that I have my gamercard in my signature, I'd say I am.

James_Westfall
05-31-2007, 10:49 PM
Is Shutdown a good buddy of yours? By any chance...

Noisewater-US
06-03-2007, 12:12 PM
did no one appreciate my completely awesome set of posts!?

oh well

James_Westfall
06-03-2007, 12:51 PM
its b/c ur not the best player in the world like these leet biznatches...

Brownsnakeeyes
06-03-2007, 09:19 PM
Guys, Anonymous plays on the Xbox. That should explain everything to you.

And in case you're not well informed. Xbox means Deathmatch where PC means story.

And please Anonymous, try to say that most people on Xbox play story, please!

The pint is the players on each side are totally different. The Xbox players would get seriously owned by the PC players. Anyone having played on both would know the difference.

ps. it's nice to see some of the suspects back, even if it's probably for a short time. It reminds me of the good old days.

BlackPookie
06-11-2007, 07:16 AM

i completly agree with u!

Sipikai
06-12-2007, 02:44 AM
Okay, this is my first post, and this is probably late. So sorry for that. Anyways.

I've noticed people are quite saddened by ConViction and everything and I completely understand both sides.

You guys really don't like ConViction because of the fact that it really isn't what Splinter Cell was. That's understandable. But if you read, half of the plot is pretty much like sneaking around in the JBA headquarters in Splinter Cell: Double Agent. Just you are with civillians and in a city, etc.

If you think about it, there is still some old Splinter Cell elements. You still got to keep your head low and sneak around, even though you're pretty much not in the whole sneaking around and going all ninja. I'm not trying to make people mad or bash any side, except... When the game/demo comes out, then we see if our opinions end up changing and all.

I, personally, cannot see why people should be arguing over this. We all have different opinions and views on things and that's understandable.

Just because people don't like the new type of style ConViction is going doesn't make them a "real fan." Regardless, all you guys are REAL fans of the series, just you guys got different opinions upon the series.

I am a huge fan of the Splinter Cell series and I love DA and I love ConViction.

We just need to end this and all, in my opinion. This isn't going anywhere, because we all have different opinions. XD

Again, I am very sorry if I have offended anyone or made anyone mad. That isn't what I'm trying to do at all.

Vth_F_Smith_
06-12-2007, 05:50 AM
Welcome to the forum, Sipikai! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

That's an excellent post you made there! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

goodkebab_00
06-12-2007, 09:23 AM
the basic argument on the PC forums is exactly the same as it was when DA was released.

To judge the quality and success of a game, there is a direct relation to the hardcore fan base.

The essential contribution of a hardcore fan base is it keeps the game alive 1-2 years after release when new people buy the game on sale. If UBI doesnt take the hardcore fans seriously, Convictions:Versus will see the same problems DA had.

So to those that say to not judge the game until you play it, well....we heard that argument during DA. Some of us even gave an honest attempt and were sorely disappointed.

NuclearDragon
06-12-2007, 09:34 AM
i think hardcorne fans should not speak bad to ubi coz ubi is making the game!!

CoastalGirl
06-12-2007, 09:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NuclearDragon:
i think hardcorne fans should not speak bad to ubi coz ubi is making the game!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's pretty normal to give feedback...

goodkebab_00
06-12-2007, 09:43 AM
criticism is unavoidable....and is essential if UBI wants to make a good game.

jburbank83
06-12-2007, 09:44 AM

STOP saying you HATE the new MP if you haven't even played a demo and if you want to play CT go out and get it, either way Ubisoft is making money and if you haven't noticed, MONTREAL is making this, the same ones who made CT. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is it like watching the Superbowl for the commercials? Yes, why yes, it is. I dont like watching football but those commercials ARE hilarious! Great example, but it's proving my own point.

I was never into SC's single player. Sue me. I am a die hard MP fan. Convictions new singleplayer actually looks decent to me. Will I pick up the game, though? Nope! Without SvM, Ubisoft is not getting any of my money. After their lack of support for DA and their persistant lack of involvement in the fan base, I am not giving them any of my money.

I used to be a RABID raver for Ubisoft. A lot of older members here know this about me. I used to try to look at things from both perspectives but after seeing what OTHER companies and creative powers do for their fans, Ubisoft disgusts me with their aloofness when it comes to their fan base.

Why dont I just go play CT or DA? Well, number one CT is last gen. I didnt buy a 400 dollar machine to play last gen games. Two, I love DA, a lot actually, but no one EVER plays it. I want Ubi to not give up on SvM. Its the most ingenius MP game Ive ever played. I fell in love with it from the moment I set eyes on it. You can say all you want about MP not having strategy or whatever other completely absurd accusations you can make for it, but its severely competitive and takes more brains and skills than just about any frag fest game out there.

If I wanted to play Convictions single player, I'll play Assassnis Creed instead. As long as Conviction lacks SvM Im not buying it.

WILL NOT BUY WITHOUT SvM!!!

PUT THE IMAGE BELOW IN YOUR SIG IF YOU WANT SvM BACK!!!

James_Westfall
06-12-2007, 10:07 AM
Guys, Anonymous plays on the Xbox. That should explain everything to you.

And in case you're not well informed. Xbox means Deathmatch where PC means story.

And please Anonymous, try to say that most people on Xbox play story, please!

The pint is the players on each side are totally different. The Xbox players would get seriously owned by the PC players. Anyone having played on both would know the difference.

ps. it's nice to see some of the suspects back, even if it's probably for a short time. It reminds me of the good old days. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Noisewater-US and myself have returned to SCCT. We are leaving DA. It was fun, but there are too many problems. Also, CT has a much bigger community. So we will definitely be around. Other suspects play as well, but only from time to time.

Thanks for clearing that he played for X-Box. He said he won our tournament, which there were 2 PC tournaments, so I was confused.

Sipikai
06-12-2007, 04:05 PM
Thanks!

Hmm.

I never even knew some people hated DA too! I thought DA was a really good game, lmao. XD

Well, all I'm saying is that I'm neutral on the whole matter since I understand both sides and agree with both sides to some extent. Sure I was a littl edgy at first about the fact that we don't have the goggles and stuff, I got over it playing DA. Though, really, that didn't really happen on a lot of the levels, just on the JBA Headquaters levels. XD

I dunno, I think ConViction will be a great game, just gotta give it a try. Though I am kinda sad, because I don't like Sam with a beard, lmao. o_o

Sipikai
06-12-2007, 04:11 PM
Oh, also, I was wondering why some people would not buy the same without SvM? I mean, don't you guys play it for storyline too? o_o

Sorry, I'm just curious is all, not trying to be mean or anything. I just never knew people would buy the SC games only because of the multiplayer mode. I never bothered playing multimode on DA, because they didn't have that cool Co-op mode like CT had. XD

Then again some people would probably be mad, because they would have an XBox and I have a 360. &gt;_&lt;'''

MMusumeci
06-13-2007, 04:59 PM
I think that that Ubi wants the storyline to be the foundation for the rest of the game. Why would you have an SvM mode when Sam Fisher is a fugitive wanted by the goverment? And he doesn't work with Echelon anymore. Its nonsense

jburbank83
06-13-2007, 10:51 PM
SvM is revolutionary. I and many other fell in love with it and want to see it live on and continue to evolve.

No, I do not care about single player. Nothing against the SP.

They took one of the most original online gameplay experiences Ive ever seen and shot it dead before it was even a fully matured being. Its like shooting a puppy before it even caught its first frisbee.

Its a shame. A damn shame.

READ THE SIG AND USE IT YOURSELF!

Sipikai
06-14-2007, 04:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MMusumeci:
I think that that Ubi wants the storyline to be the foundation for the rest of the game. Why would you have an SvM mode when Sam Fisher is a fugitive wanted by the goverment? And he doesn't work with Echelon anymore. Its nonsense </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, you have to remember that there ARE other Splinter Cell operatives. Not just Sam Fisher. Play Chaos Theory on co-op mode, you'll see that the two players will end up talking to Sam Fisher himself.

Plus, if you got the ending that I got on the DA Xbox version, you'll also see there are other Splinter Cell Operatives.

I wouldn't mind ConViction having a SvM, though I don't play it. I'd like to see a co-op mode again though. XP

MKCC14
06-14-2007, 06:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sipikai:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MMusumeci:
I think that that Ubi wants the storyline to be the foundation for the rest of the game. Why would you have an SvM mode when Sam Fisher is a fugitive wanted by the goverment? And he doesn't work with Echelon anymore. Its nonsense </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, you have to remember that there ARE other Splinter Cell operatives. Not just Sam Fisher. Play Chaos Theory on co-op mode, you'll see that the two players will end up talking to Sam Fisher himself.

Plus, if you got the ending that I got on the DA Xbox version, you'll also see there are other Splinter Cell Operatives.

I wouldn't mind ConViction having a SvM, though I don't play it. I'd like to see a co-op mode again though. XP </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The point is you dont want to have 2 completely different types of gameplay from SP and MP. In crowds in SP, and then sneaking around in the dark in MP? Even though there are other SC from Sam out there, the NSA are corrupt right now.

BurningDeath.
06-14-2007, 07:01 AM
The point is you dont want to have 2 completely different types of gameplay from SP and MP. In crowds in SP, and then sneaking around in the dark in MP? Even though there are other SC from Sam out there, the NSA are corrupt right now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I would want to have two completely different types of gameplay in SP and MP. Who cares if the MP is different? It just doesn't matter - they could just give us a rebuilt SvM as an extra-candy. But as we're talking about Ubisoft, it's better to put our hopes in Project Stealth.

EmmaJordan
06-14-2007, 07:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NuclearDragon:
i think hardcorne fans should not speak bad to ubi coz ubi is making the game!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ubisoft is in the business of making computer games for money. Ubisoft will not make any money if it has no customers.

Since when does a customer need to fear the company it buys products from? Give me a break.

Just because Ubisoft is incredibly arrogant and has yet to take any of its hardcore fans' concerns seriously does not mean that our concerns are not justified.

Moreover, I have said it many times on this bulletin board....to make money, a company must cater to and provide services or products to its customers that its customers want. To be honest, that is Business 101. Here, Ubisoft has customers - its hardcore fans - that it definitely not catering to.... if not outright ignoring.

Splinter Cell fans need not "fear" Ubisoft. Upisoft should fear its fans. If it were not for its fans, Splinter Cell never would have succeeded to this point and certainly will not succeed in the future.

As a gamer, we have a large variety of choices for where we spend our gaming dollars (with the price of console games, we customers have to be more selective in the games we play). Why would we spend our hard earned money on a game title that offers us none of the game play we want? If I want an action game, I will go buy Halo, etc.

Povidone_Stomp
06-14-2007, 12:42 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by EmmaJordan:
Splinter Cell fans need not "fear" Ubisoft. Upisoft should fear its fans. If it were not for its fans, Splinter Cell never would have succeeded to this point and certainly will not succeed in the future.[QUOTE]

You make some valid points, but to say SC won't succeed in the future if Ubi doesn't see to it that the fanbase is satisfied isn't necessarily true.

I don't know if you're familiar with Sony's giant online shooter hit, SOCOM, but when the original was published years ago it was a hardcore strategic military sim and it developed quite a following - thus becoming very popular, particularly online.

Well, the developers - Zipper int. - got greedy and wanted to capitalize on the popularity and introduced many cheesy arcade elements in the sequel, alienating and infuriating many fans of the original, but gaining a much wider audience, which, of course, led to more cheesy sequels.

Opirr
06-14-2007, 01:07 PM
Just suck it up, people are going to like this game, and some will dislike. Just roll with the blows and accept that Ubi will do their best job to make it fit for everyone who is so skeptical.

By the way, Synthesizing someone's sentences is fairly weak when stating ground on an argument.

IxElit3xI
06-15-2007, 08:58 PM
Shutdown69, You are NOT one of the top chaos theory players, assuming your name here is your gamertag, I have never seen you on, and chaos is ALL about stealth, pandora was won by rushing.

noob.

Sipikai
06-21-2007, 12:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sipikai:

I wouldn't mind ConViction having a SvM, though I don't play it. I'd like to see a co-op mode again though. XP </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The point is you dont want to have 2 completely different types of gameplay from SP and MP. In crowds in SP, and then sneaking around in the dark in MP? Even though there are other SC from Sam out there, the NSA are corrupt right now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, no, I never disputed against that. I know that people don't want two completely different things, but hey, SP has a story it needs to do, lmao. And NSA is corrupt, correct. All forms of Government and the such are corrupt. XD

FARLEYFAN
06-21-2007, 02:08 AM
Why would you want to have the same gameplay for both game modes? That is like having oranges, then going to the store to buy more oranges. Doesn't make sense. I would like to have a choice between 2 different game types, after all that is what they are and what they have always been with SC. And why would they want to totally change the gameplay again? Let's make DA's SP stupid with daylight and JBA missions! Then lets make Convictions nothing like the series altogether! Then, let's make Convictions MP just like the SP so it gets to be repetitive and nothing like the other, better, Splinter Cells. It seems to me like Ubi is thinking out of their asse$.

daFlea5
06-21-2007, 03:34 AM
YES, all of you who aprove of this topic are right. It's still a Splinter Cell game. Who cares if the cool close combat has been changed and now u simply throw chairs and tables at people *SARCASM* :|
Seriously, the chair throwing thing is uter s**t. Very spy like, oooh yeah! They could have gone in a different direction, now that we have Assassin's Creed with crowd stealth, throwing stuff, shoving people.
I'm looking forward to seeing Sam (~60 years old by than) climbing buildings, jumping from one to another and.. hell, why not give him a white costume.
Seriously, doesn't anyone see how much ConViction is so close to the concept behind AC ?

ArrowDynamicsX
06-21-2007, 03:51 AM
Now that we're seeing gameplay from both, the difference is becoming more and more clear. Assassins Creed is get to your target by going anywhere and everywhere, try to act normal, then kill and run like hell. Splinter Cell is more get to your target while trying not to be noticed by acting normal to a point, create diverrsions when necessary, and in general don't get detected for as much of the time as possible. I was one of the people to say the same thing, but the gameplay is becoming more and more different. Sure, it's the same basic principle, but Altair is more like a DA multiplayer spy, while Sam is... well, old.

MKCC14
06-21-2007, 05:43 AM
Wow, everyone knows it isnt like how the old SC games were. Who cares if it isnt like them, new gameplay that looks fine, Im all for it. Once i enjoy it, who cares. Once they dont take out the core, which is STEALTH.

marinius
06-21-2007, 07:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ArrowDynamicsX:
Now that we're seeing gameplay from both, the difference is becoming more and more clear. Assassins Creed is get to your target by going anywhere and everywhere, try to act normal, then kill and run like hell. Splinter Cell is more get to your target while trying not to be noticed by acting normal to a point, create diverrsions when necessary, and in general don't get detected for as much of the time as possible. I was one of the people to say the same thing, but the gameplay is becoming more and more different. Sure, it's the same basic principle, but Altair is more like a DA multiplayer spy, while Sam is... well, old. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm, speak for yourself buddy. The differences are not becoming clearer for me, if anything - it's the other way around. And what you just listed as being differences are really minor details. The two games share the core mechanics of gameplay, and really, they shouldn't.

@daFlea5: Yes, quite a few people see how closely the gameplay of SCC seems to be linked to that of AC. Myself and a bunch of other people have brought this up in various threads.

Max9ax
06-21-2007, 07:53 AM
Yes, I am one of them. I have been there since day one. Obviously to make series you have to have MANY days. I am sick of the people crying on here about ConViction not being a REAL Splinter Cell game. Yes, it is, to have a series, the story line has to go somewhere. Sam can't be a Splinter Cell forever and I'm glad that Montreal is making this series realistic
to where you have to think on your feet and not have to follow a certain "path".

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif
Thank GOD!! this guy knoes what he is saying. That was somthing that needed to be stated after all this whining about MP!!!

FARLEYFAN
06-21-2007, 02:25 PM
Stop saying you love the new MP if you haven't even played it yet. It goes both ways jack a$$. I like how a small amount of people go: I am sick of people whining about how they hate MP because they haven't played it yet. I haven't either but I like it so I can judge it even though I don't know anything about it.

Why can people talk about it as long as it is positive? If it is negative they go: STFU you hAven't eVeN pLaYeD it yet?

Well nobody has so they have the right to their own god damn opinion.

element54
06-21-2007, 02:44 PM
Ha ha farley your ganna get banned pretty soon (like most of us vets) and then you can join the ranks of us at SCLamers. :P

FARLEYFAN
06-21-2007, 04:20 PM
You're probably right. But if everyone else is able to state their opinion on the new game, why shouldn't I be able to w/o everyone jumping on my back. I just don't like the way the "Splinter Cell" series is going. I have played it since day one, this is not worthy of title.

marinius
06-22-2007, 01:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FARLEYFAN:
You're probably right. But if everyone else is able to state their opinion on the new game, why shouldn't I be able to w/o everyone jumping on my back. I just don't like the way the "Splinter Cell" series is going. I have played it since day one, this is not worthy of title. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, we keep being told to shut our mouths by a lot of guys who seem unable to say anything other than "this game is gonna be great". I've tried several times to point out to people that as long as everybody can back up their statements about why they like or dislike what they've seen so far, there shouldn't be any problems discussing issues in the forums.

All anyone can do is form an opinion based on the info so far. I might change my negative view of this game when I see more of how it's gonna be (though I doubt it), but until then I reserve the right to believe this is a giant step in the wrong direction. I've stated my reasons elsewhere, so I'm not going to here.

FARLEYFAN
06-22-2007, 02:24 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif Very well put...

soron
11-19-2007, 12:49 AM

So it's a matter of taste. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I think the new game play sucks.

soron
11-19-2007, 12:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by marinius:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FARLEYFAN:
You're probably right. But if everyone else is able to state their opinion on the new game, why shouldn't I be able to w/o everyone jumping on my back. I just don't like the way the "Splinter Cell" series is going. I have played it since day one, this is not worthy of title. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, we keep being told to shut our mouths by a lot of guys who seem unable to say anything other than "this game is gonna be great". I've tried several times to point out to people that as long as everybody can back up their statements about why they like or dislike what they've seen so far, there shouldn't be any problems discussing issues in the forums.

All anyone can do is form an opinion based on the info so far. I might change my negative view of this game when I see more of how it's gonna be (though I doubt it), but until then I reserve the right to believe this is a giant step in the wrong direction. I've stated my reasons elsewhere, so I'm not going to here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

soron
11-19-2007, 12:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rogerwilco99:
@shutdown69

I guess the hundreds of thousands of people who bought Quake 3 Arena and Quake 3 Team Arena were just stupid... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Back on track

One of the things that bothers me greatly about SC5 is that they brought Sam out of the shadows. Why? It doesn't make any sense. Sam is a trained COVERT operative. He's trained to work in the dark, to be quiet to be a ghost, a Ninja.

So why would he throw all that training out the window go poncing around in the daylight trying to do whatever it is he's doing? Logically, he would only go out at night. He IS a fugitive right? What kind of fugitive goes out in the daytime to places with lots of cops?

Having Sam going about his "stealth" practices (can't really call them missions can we?) in the day time when that's not his element just makes no sense at all.

Sam is a creature of the dark. He's trained for it and a master of it. He'd only abandon it if he absolutely had to. And so far, I've seen no reason or any justification for it.

So, it's just changing the gameplay style "because they can" and THEY are tired of it. No matter that most fans of the game probably are not.

I've gone the complete stealth route (you can't tell I was there) on SC1, PT and CT. I love playing that way. In fact I don't even use the gadgets or guns unless I absolutely have to (which is very rare).

Taking away Sam's suit and gadgets is part of what this "change" is about. Many of us beat them to that long ago.

I think they should have kept the darkness and shadows formula for SC5. But in a couple of places, Sam has to get by on his wits with no gadgets or guns to get him through it. There are lots of good story lines and even good plot twists that could be used for more games.

IMHO, this "Social Stealth" stuff is just BS. It's not logical, it's not warranted and it's just doesn't make any sense. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

Braiog is also quite correct in saying that anyone complaining about other people complaining is just hypocritical. And to call the legitimate complaints of others "crying" is just being condescending. I do find it funny that some people can't stand to hear other people complain about the complete change in direction of a game that they love playing. At least no one has used the word "censorship", yet. But it's still early.

As Sergeant Hulka would say, "Lighten up Francis." http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

simulacra
11-19-2007, 06:59 AM
Covert operators dont work exclusively in the night time, I thought that spy game was an excellent example on somewhat modern covert op work...

In reality shadows and darkness is a highly unreliable form of concealment, it might work for a short while, but 1 pasing car or other change in ambient lighting and you're blown, then it's better to stand inconspicously some distance away and looking like any other pedestrian...

scworld
11-19-2007, 09:49 AM
In reality, most spying is done by bureaucrats and filtering of data.
Sitting on a desk, photographing/scanning doesnt sound really like a good game to me, and hacking is mostly text-based (UpLink and stuff) so yeah... what's your point?

I always thought games were about escapism. And walking through a city undetected by law enforcement isn't that, since I do it everyday.

simulacra
11-19-2007, 11:11 AM
You still have field agents and other dirty assets, sam is one of those assets in nsa, it's not like his business card says "sam fisher - sigint assassin"

Boobisphere
11-19-2007, 11:51 AM
Wow, nine pages. I can't believe you people are still arguing about this stuff.

Knot3D
11-19-2007, 01:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by simulacra:
You still have field agents and other dirty assets, sam is one of those assets in nsa, it's not like his business card says "sam fisher - sigint assassin" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hahah, then what about private investigators or PMC 's like Blackwater ? Wait ! Ubi'll probably create SC6 "Sam Fisher - NightVisionGoggle'd PI" Lol

http://www.myzvue.com/images/Magnum-PI.jpg

soron
11-19-2007, 08:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by simulacra:
You still have field agents and other dirty assets, sam is one of those assets in nsa, it's not like his business card says "sam fisher - sigint assassin" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hahah, then what about private investigators or PMC 's like Blackwater ? Wait ! Ubi'll probably create SC6 "Sam Fisher - NightVisionGoggle'd PI" Lol

http://www.myzvue.com/images/Magnum-PI.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Blackwater is more of a merc service than a spy service. Most spys are from with in the gov. being spied on than from out side sources.

goodkebab_00
11-20-2007, 03:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">nd other dirty assets, sam is one o </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sam is not a spy, he is what you would expect from Navy Seals and what not. That is, infiltration and intelligence gathering.

Spies are much less romantic. It usually involves bribing a normal bloke that has access to valuable information.

simulacra
11-20-2007, 11:21 AM
And are navy seals sent in alone? No they aren't, which in turn negates the real world connection that the sam fisher of the old games had.

The sam fisher in conviction is much closer to the unromantic world of espionage than before.

soron
11-20-2007, 08:55 PM
And are navy seals sent in alone? No they aren't, which in turn negates the real world connection that the sam fisher of the old games had.

The sam fisher in conviction is much closer to the unromantic world of espionage than before. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
How so?

EskimoBob32
11-21-2007, 01:56 AM

The sam fisher in conviction is much closer to the unromantic world of espionage than before. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That argument makes no sense at all. It has been pretty clearly established that Sam hasn't been a SEAL for a long time. As for Conviction being less 'romantic', well that's just opinion, but from SC-CT Sam was a soldier who was just doing his job. In DA they brought in all the personal **** into the story, and now in Conviction it's all about him as a character. You tell me which is more realistic (or less 'romantic') for a spy.

STEPH_x
11-21-2007, 11:34 PM
Obviously there needs to be some sort of variation to the series so that people don't get bored, its really plain and simple. Personally, I love the traditional Splinter Cell games, I play the same ones over and over, but I am looking forward to ConViction's debut because I cant wait to play as Sam Fisher in a different scene. This game is going to bring stealth to a whole new level. Whether you like the idea or not, you haven't played it yet. Double Agent brought the aspect of choice and decision making into it. Chaos Theory brought new skills and had a more advanced multi player option. Pandora had the first attempt of multiplayer as well. Whatever, my point is, from Splinter Cell to Splinter Cellhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifouble Agent, there have been changes and add ons with each one. The creation of ConViction is just taking it another step further.

EskimoBob32
11-21-2007, 11:50 PM
I really don't see how people can say things like "obviously" or "plain and simple". If the countless identical threads (including this one) have taught us anything, it's that people disagree on the topic. To say that "Obviously there needs to be some sort of variation to the series so that people don't get bored, its really plain and simple" is narrow-minded and arrogant.

I think it's fine for Ubisoft to try new ideas, but am insulted that in doing so they have completely changed one of my favourite series. It's basically a big "Screw you!" to all the fans who like playing Splinter Cell because it gives them the opportunity to play as a Splinter Cell, not because it gives them the opportunity to play as Sam Fisher.

soron
11-22-2007, 12:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EskimoBob32:
I really don't see how people can say things like "obviously" or "plain and simple". If the countless identical threads (including this one) have taught us anything, it's that people disagree on the topic. To say that "Obviously there needs to be some sort of variation to the series so that people don't get bored, its really plain and simple" is narrow-minded and arrogant.

I think it's fine for Ubisoft to try new ideas, but am insulted that in doing so they have completely changed one of my favorite series. It's basically a big "Screw you!" to all the fans who like playing Splinter Cell because it gives them the opportunity to play as a Splinter Cell, not because it gives them the opportunity to play as Sam Fisher. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I agree 100% http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif However I doubt the Developers were all in agreement that copying A/C's game play was such a good idea. If we as fans speak enough maybe they will put the L/S back even if it has to wait till the next installment if there is one.

I think that is why so many pro-crowd kids are always trying to shut us pro-Splinter Cell adults up is because they are afraid that UBI will change the game towards L/S game play (of course this will push the release date way back).

davidov
11-22-2007, 08:24 AM
And so it has...

minjon
11-22-2007, 08:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">so many pro-crowd kids are always trying to shut us pro-Splinter Cell adults up </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What is that? Since when has the pro-crowd and pro-shadow been split so neatly between kids and adults? People are already assuming a LOT of stuff about this game without knowing as it is but that statement has absolutely no basis!

STEPH_x
11-22-2007, 10:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EskimoBob32:

I think it's fine for Ubisoft to try new ideas, but am insulted that in doing so they have completely changed one of my favourite series. It's basically a big "Screw you!" to all the fans who like playing Splinter Cell because it gives them the opportunity to play as a Splinter Cell, not because it gives them the opportunity to play as Sam Fisher. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh well please, excuse me for the seemingly "narrow minded" opinion i have on the topic. I could have just said, "Wow how ridiculous it is for everyone to be b!tching about a game." And please do get over yourself, it's called marketing my friend. Ubisoft isnt changing the game so that they can bend you over and screw you in the ***. LOL. And youre insulted. Dear God, what are you to do?

The answer is: NOTHING. Get over it.

CoastalGirl
11-22-2007, 10:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by minjon:
so many pro-crowd kids are always trying to shut us pro-Splinter Cell adults up
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What is that? Since when has the pro-crowd and pro-shadow been split so neatly between kids and adults? People are already assuming a LOT of stuff about this game without knowing as it is but that statement has absolutely no basis! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's neatly split because I don't want any kids on my team. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

soron
11-22-2007, 10:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CoastalGirl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by minjon:
so many pro-crowd kids are always trying to shut us pro-Splinter Cell adults up
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What is that? Since when has the pro-crowd and pro-shadow been split so neatly between kids and adults? People are already assuming a LOT of stuff about this game without knowing as it is but that statement has absolutely no basis! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's neatly split because I don't want any kids on my team. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I was not referring to pro-crowd as actually being kids but when the pro-crowd ppl always jump down your throat for posting that you would rather see l/s then that is childish.

EskimoBob32
11-22-2007, 06:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by STEPH_x:

I think it's fine for Ubisoft to try new ideas, but am insulted that in doing so they have completely changed one of my favourite series. It's basically a big "Screw you!" to all the fans who like playing Splinter Cell because it gives them the opportunity to play as a Splinter Cell, not because it gives them the opportunity to play as Sam Fisher. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh well please, excuse me for the seemingly "narrow minded" opinion i have on the topic. I could have just said, "Wow how ridiculous it is for everyone to be b!tching about a game." And please do get over yourself, it's called marketing my friend. Ubisoft isnt changing the game so that they can bend you over and screw you in the ***. LOL. And youre insulted. Dear God, what are you to do?

The answer is: NOTHING. Get over it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
See, this is what is wrong with the world: people like you. You come along to a debate and attempt to stop any discussion from continuing by saying your word is law. Then when someone else attempts to get your head out of your own arse you try to turn it back on them by trying to act as though you are much more intelligent than them, when really by resorting to insults you are showing the complete opposite. "How ridiculous it is to be *****ing about a game!" Sounds a bit hypocritical to me, you just joined in.

There was no need to make this personal. My post was divided into two sections; one responding to yours and one giving my opinion. If you want people to 'get over themselves' for having an opinion, you're in the wrong place.

STEPH_x
11-22-2007, 06:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by STEPH_x:

The answer is: NOTHING. Get over it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
See, this is what is wrong with the world: people like you. You come along to a debate and attempt to stop any discussion from continuing by saying your word is law. Then when someone else attempts to get your head out of your own arse you try to turn it back on them by trying to act as though you are much more intelligent than them, when really by resorting to insults you are showing the complete opposite. "How ridiculous it is to be *****ing about a game!" Sounds a bit hypocritical to me, you just joined in.

There was no need to make this personal. My post was divided into two sections; one responding to yours and one giving my opinion. If you want people to 'get over themselves' for having an opinion, you're in the wrong place. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No no see youre getting me all wrong really. See, I posted my own opinion as well and was told I was being arrogant. Isn't that making it personal?

And no, my word is not law, clearly. Youre very right, everyone has their right to an opinion of course. But then that would bring in the arrogant and narrow minded quote...oh thats right you said that, not me. I joined this website because I love Splinter Cell, not to get "told off" by someone who is is judgemental. And about what I said about "b!tching over a video game." It was meant to be saracastic, guess you didnt get that.

soron
11-22-2007, 07:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shutdown69:
REAL fans would stick to the series till it's over. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe they are called "fan-boys", actually.

Basically put - A 'Fan' supports the game for as long as they enjoy it, and as long as it pleases them, and as long as the product lives up to thier expectations.

Fan-Boys on the other hand, will ALWAYS support the product, because they have some sort of strange emotional tie, or a feeling of loyalty towards it.
No matter how bad it is, they will defend the product with a religious zeal to make people believe it is "The best thing since Sliced-Bread" and anyone who speaks out otherwise IS WRONG.

So upon saying: "REAL fans would stick to the series till it's over."

You are suggesting for me to be a fan, I must defend Ubisoft for CHANGING the gameplay that brought me joy? For completely REWORKING the system and the way it plays and infact giving us a game that resembles Splinter-Cell as much as a dog resembles an elephant?

Heres a rhetorical question for you...

If Ubisoft presented you a plate of Bull... 'poo', with a 'Splinter-Cell' logo on and told you that was the next splinter-cell game, would you be annoyed and ask for something resembling the original?
or would you take thier word for it, tuck in, and hope it tastes good? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I like your logic. It just made sense to me now why so many "fan boys" keep getting pissed at me

EskimoBob32
11-22-2007, 11:05 PM
No no see youre getting me all wrong really. See, I posted my own opinion as well and was told I was being arrogant. Isn't that making it personal?

And no, my word is not law, clearly. Youre very right, everyone has their right to an opinion of course. But then that would bring in the arrogant and narrow minded quote...oh thats right you said that, not me. I joined this website because I love Splinter Cell, not to get "told off" by someone who is is judgemental. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Fine, but the way you said it sure didn't sound like you were just giving your opinion. You said: "Obviously there needs to be some sort of variation to the series so that people don't get bored, its really plain and simple." You may have just been giving your opinion, but the way you say it is condescending and unnecessary. If you didn't mean to come across in that way, a better way to say it would be something like "I believe there needs to be some sort of variation to the series so that people don't get bored." Do you see the difference? Had you worded it that way there would be no chance of anyone taking what you said badly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And about what I said about "b!tching over a video game." It was meant to be saracastic, guess you didnt get that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>No I didn't, I apologise. I have a bad record when it comes to detecting sarcasm over the internet lol.