PDA

View Full Version : ghost harbors

Torpedowake
05-06-2005, 05:39 PM
I don€t get it.
Heading for a UK harbor. Getting attacked all the way for what? Ghost harbors. Nothing that I can attack!
I do not understand. I have a screenshot where you can see activity. But was it a misleading picture? Where are the ships loading at the docks, tugs and other ships going back and forth.. No harbor activity what so ever. But also in our own harbor. No ship activity..
A real shame.

And just one other thing;
€˜Keep up the good work!€ Message after you€ve sent the patrol message.
Over & over again each time you send your message to BdU.
It would have been nice to get different messages from the ongoing war.

Torpedowake
05-06-2005, 05:39 PM
I don€t get it.
Heading for a UK harbor. Getting attacked all the way for what? Ghost harbors. Nothing that I can attack!
I do not understand. I have a screenshot where you can see activity. But was it a misleading picture? Where are the ships loading at the docks, tugs and other ships going back and forth.. No harbor activity what so ever. But also in our own harbor. No ship activity..
A real shame.

And just one other thing;
€˜Keep up the good work!€ Message after you€ve sent the patrol message.
Over & over again each time you send your message to BdU.
It would have been nice to get different messages from the ongoing war.

V-MAN1981
05-06-2005, 07:17 PM
They were left out due to performance issues, there's a mod called "World mod" that fixs this and adds ships that spawn according to the period of the war etc. Plus it adds a few more cities and ports.

I recently went to have a look at Portsmouth (where I live funnily enough) and got into the solent (body of water between Portsmouth and the Isle of White). Once I popped up the scope the slow down was awful, there was at least 3 destroyers on the move plus 4 cargo ships, 2 passenger liners a few merchants and the odd fishing boat. There was also a large air battle in progress at the time as well, it seemed the luftwaffe was bombing the ships and the RAF was trying to stop them.

Desslock
05-07-2005, 07:59 AM
still dreaming of seeing air battles in this game...I'll take a look, too.

I'm sure the fishing boats are spy nests, like the still one in Lorient,.... gonna gun'em I thik.

CaptainBeefhead
05-07-2005, 04:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Desslock:
still dreaming of seeing air battles in this game...I'll take a look, too.

I'm sure the fishing boats are spy nests, like the still one in Lorient,.... gonna gun'em I thik. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
RAF - they´re all busy hunting you not LW. Missing feature? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif