PDA

View Full Version : Smart AI without stupid loading time?

Gnecromancer
02-07-2011, 03:46 PM
Will AI in Heroes 6 be a bit more optimized? Heroes 5 was virtually unplayable for me against anymore then a few computer opponents given the ridiculous length of the computer players turns... The AI wasn't even good and compared to Heroes 3 it took one computer player the same length of time in Heroes 5 that it took 7 computer opponents to complete all of their turns combined in Heroes 3... I felt as if I was spending more time waiting for the computer players then actually playing my own turn sometimes.

Gnecromancer
02-07-2011, 03:46 PM
Will AI in Heroes 6 be a bit more optimized? Heroes 5 was virtually unplayable for me against anymore then a few computer opponents given the ridiculous length of the computer players turns... The AI wasn't even good and compared to Heroes 3 it took one computer player the same length of time in Heroes 5 that it took 7 computer opponents to complete all of their turns combined in Heroes 3... I felt as if I was spending more time waiting for the computer players then actually playing my own turn sometimes.

Infiltrator-SF
02-08-2011, 04:30 AM
Good for us it's REALLY hard for them to fail in this aspect in comparison to Nival.

Even if the AI is mediocre it will be miles ahead anyway.

mcgslo
02-09-2011, 02:03 AM
I think they will adress this... they better

That is really obvious flaw in heroes 5 (AI "smartness" and time they take)

They cant get dumber as they are in H5 so yea best wishes for super fast AI play...

wdcryer
02-09-2011, 09:27 AM
I just finished a game last night. I took an enemy's castle and left it undefended for the rest of the game. It was a few turns away from the enemy heroes, so I fully expected them to retake it. Instead they just hung around their ally's castle until I came along and killed them both. It was disappointing, because until that point they were giving me a bit of a challenge.