PDA

View Full Version : Ditch the Dirt or Save the Soiled

XyZspineZyX
07-17-2003, 09:27 PM
Okay, now I'm sure everyone has beaten a SinglePlayer only game in their lives. Now, my question is, once I've beaten an SP game, should I sell it to help me purchase my next game, or save it incase I would ever want to play it again. Remember, I'm talking about already beaten SP only games. If there's MultiPlayer, of course I'm going to keep it, but it's SP only. Well, any suggestions? Should I ditch the dirt or save the soiled? (They do collect a lot of dust, don't they? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif )

BDHrln

XyZspineZyX
07-17-2003, 09:27 PM
Okay, now I'm sure everyone has beaten a SinglePlayer only game in their lives. Now, my question is, once I've beaten an SP game, should I sell it to help me purchase my next game, or save it incase I would ever want to play it again. Remember, I'm talking about already beaten SP only games. If there's MultiPlayer, of course I'm going to keep it, but it's SP only. Well, any suggestions? Should I ditch the dirt or save the soiled? (They do collect a lot of dust, don't they? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif )

BDHrln

XyZspineZyX
07-17-2003, 09:35 PM
well it depends, as sometimes you need the first one to install the next one.

http://musicphase.com/img/robzpic4.jpg
I Am The Reaper Manhttp://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/teufel/devil-smiley-029.gif

Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia Moderator./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Message Edited on 07/18/0306:30AM by freakishly

XyZspineZyX
07-17-2003, 09:39 PM
DITCH THE DIRT. DITCH THE DIRT.

LoL. What game anyway? I normally sell it because if I want it back ever I can get it for cheaper in the future anyway.

2003: The Year of the Big Black Box

XyZspineZyX
07-17-2003, 09:40 PM
i also keep them depending on how good they are because if it has a good replay value and i had a fun time playing it, i will keep it. just like splinter cell. i have beaten it numerous times and i still play it

<center>
little devil...
http://www.dbzgtlegacy.com/pictures/84.jpg
<font color="red">Member of PittBull33's Mafia</font>
respect&like list:
<marquee width="525">Mods, NCEvo, S7N, nj, aj, Dcell, FisherO, THE_Sam_Fisher, Spin, js13, Pittbull, dc-talk, agent x, Smokky</marquee>
<font color="skyblue">3rd echelon op, covert ops, chatter, master of the smiley,
soldier, over 2000 postings, thread maven, citizen of d'ni</font>
Visit Splinter Cell Source</font> (http:\\www.splintercellsource.com) and their
forums (http:\\www.splintercellsource.com/forums)[b] Also come to <u> Splinter World (http://www.splinterworld.tk/)</u> and become a member!

XyZspineZyX
07-17-2003, 09:45 PM
Games like Splinter Cell, Arx Fatalis, Enclave, and Unreal II: The Awakening. Now, Arx Fatalis has great replay value, seeing as it's an RPG, however it's a linear RPG. Enclave is still great for replay, but it is even more linear, guards are always in the same spots, etc... 'cept you can play with a different character with different gear. Unreal II is basically no replay 'cuz guards are always in the same spots, and it's always the same. Splinter Cell seems like it would have good replay, too. However, I haven't beaten any of these games yet, I'm just planning ahead. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

I have beaten MoHAA and SH however they have MP so I've kept 'em. I haven't tried SP over again though, because I don't feel like it, so I wonder if it would be the same for the other games... hmm...

BDHrln

XyZspineZyX
07-17-2003, 10:25 PM
BDHrln wrote:
- Games like Splinter Cell, Arx Fatalis, Enclave, and
- Unreal II: The Awakening. Now, Arx Fatalis has
- great replay value, seeing as it's an RPG, however
- it's a linear RPG. Enclave is still great for
- replay, but it is even more linear, guards are
- always in the same spots, etc... 'cept you can play
- with a different character with different gear.
- Unreal II is basically no replay 'cuz guards are
- always in the same spots, and it's always the same.
- Splinter Cell seems like it would have good replay,
- too. However, I haven't beaten any of these games
- yet, I'm just planning ahead. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
-
- I have beaten MoHAA and SH however they have MP so
- I've kept 'em. I haven't tried SP over again
- though, because I don't feel like it, so I wonder if
- it would be the same for the other games... hmm...
-
- BDHrln

keep unreal 2. There was a story on gamespot saying the unreal 2 team is working on a free update that will add a multiplayer. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif Yay!

Anyway, for me SC has no replay whatsoever due to the fact that there is no level editor on pc, and only 1 downloadable on the xbox. Pretty sad. The game is EXTREMELY linear. You can't go wherever you want and do whatever you want, you have to follow scripted paths. It would be better to have an objective, and then let you decide on how you want to accomplish it, inluding where the insertion is, how you get into the place, etc.

XyZspineZyX
07-17-2003, 11:03 PM
Yeah, I agree with you there Rathitz, SC is really linear and I, personally, would never play it again once I beat it. Also, I don't really need to keep Unreal II because I have Unreal Tournament 2003, which would be much better than any MP they could stick onto Unreal II. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

BDHrln

XyZspineZyX
07-17-2003, 11:05 PM
BDHrln wrote:
- Yeah, I agree with you there Rathitz, SC is really
- linear and I, personally, would never play it again
- once I beat it. Also, I don't really need to keep
- Unreal II because I have Unreal Tournament 2003,
- which would be much better than any MP they could
- stick onto Unreal II. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
-
- BDHrln

True, I'm just saying it might be fun to try it, and I don't know how much you could get out of unreal 2 anyway.

XyZspineZyX
07-18-2003, 10:29 AM
Oh yeah, since we're talking about beating games... I bought Splinter Cell some time in April, I think. Anyway, I played it for awhile in April and stopped after I got partway through mission 3. I started playing Splinter Cell yesterday (July 17th) and currently, as of this post on July 18th, I am on mission 10. That's right, I finished mission 3 and did 6 more missions after that in roughly 2 days. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif So I'm glad we've had this discussion because SC will be done with soon.

EDIT: Also, I'm playing on Medium difficulty, not pansy mode. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

BDHrln

Message Edited on 07/18/0304:31AM by BDHrln

XyZspineZyX
07-19-2003, 02:55 AM
Problem solved! I've decided to Ditch the Dirt. My idea is if it is a SP-only game, I ditch it, but if it has MP, then I save it because you can play MP. So I'll be ditching Splinter Cell, Unreal II, Enclave, Arx Fatalis, Morrowind, and Tribunal after I've beaten them. Oh yeah, I beat SC today! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

BDHrln

XyZspineZyX
07-19-2003, 03:24 AM
I look at the quality of a game. Splinter Cell to me is a very quality title, one that I could play again and again. While it really doesn't hold any real reply value in comparison to multiplayer games, I still respect the efforts made and the finished product. It's a classic in my book.

I have several games that I have kept in my library simply because I thought there were high quality title. However, that's from a collector's viewpoint to.

Take a game like Enter The Matrix, compare it to Max Payne. I traded Enter The Matrix in, not so much because I thought it was poor quality (Which was one factor) but more so that Max Payne had somewhat covered the same ground that Enter The Matrix was trying to do. I thought Max Payne did it better, so I kept it and gave Enter The Matrix tha boot!

But I can see where some games would just sit there and collect dust and not do the owner any good. If that's the case boot em.

This is all based entirely on opinion.

http://www.star500.com/stickers/cd665.gif

My Existence Is Merely Sarcastic.

XyZspineZyX
07-19-2003, 03:35 AM
I keep all my games, as PC games are rarely accepted for trading around here, and i like to keep my collection at its fullest for bragging rights... /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

---Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it---

"The liberty we prize is not America's gift to the world, it is God's gift to humanity"

http://www.af.mil/photos/images/art_themes_usaf_0007-001.jpg

XyZspineZyX
07-19-2003, 04:19 AM
Lol, usa... I have an EB Games right downtown in my city, and they give store credit for PC games. Plus, it only takes like 5-10 minutes to get there. So, I trade in my games, pick out a fresh game, and pay the difference... well, at least that's what I'm gunna do. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

However, they do seem to rip me off, as I traded in:

-Half-Life
-Half-Life: Opposing Force
-Half-Life: Blue Shift
-Deus Ex
-Project IGI: I'm Going In
-Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

AND ONLY GOT 17 SOMETHING DOLLARS!!! Well, they are, unfortunately, the only PC game trade-in place, so if ya gotta use 'em, ya gotta use 'em. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

BDHrln

XyZspineZyX
07-19-2003, 04:24 AM
I have an EB near me, but they dont trade at all, just sell.

There is a GameStop here now, hopefully they will trade, im wishing to get rid of some old PS1 stuff for some PC stuff.

---Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it---

"The liberty we prize is not America's gift to the world, it is God's gift to humanity"

http://www.af.mil/photos/images/art_themes_usaf_0007-001.jpg