PDA

View Full Version : Scripts

fizilbert
09-09-2005, 08:38 AM
You know, I've been here on these forums since SH3 was released, and this whole time I've been here, I don't remember anyone ever asking about this. Does anyone know if it's possible to incorporate scripts into SH3? Something like when a airplane is spotted, it automatically dives you boat? I know a lot of games do allow user made scripts, some more useful then others. But it would be nice to have a script that would dive the boat on spotting an aircraft or something.

fizilbert
09-09-2005, 08:38 AM
You know, I've been here on these forums since SH3 was released, and this whole time I've been here, I don't remember anyone ever asking about this. Does anyone know if it's possible to incorporate scripts into SH3? Something like when a airplane is spotted, it automatically dives you boat? I know a lot of games do allow user made scripts, some more useful then others. But it would be nice to have a script that would dive the boat on spotting an aircraft or something.

lecek
09-09-2005, 09:02 AM
If you have 1.4b...

You can set the boat to dive on spotting an airplane, it just takes much, much longer for your second officer to do that then for you to do it yourself.

(All times are guestimations. During attack is not the best time to guestimate how longs things are taking.)

It takes about 5 - 10 seconds for him to call out plane spotted.

It takes another 15 - 20 seconds of delay while he tries to remember what your standing orders are.

Then he orders periscope depth (If those are your standing orderes). This takes longer to complete then crash dive. However you can not set crash dive as your standing order, and this makes sense. He doesn't care about how deep the water is and a auto crash dive can kill you.

I know this because my standing orders are to engage. I have duked it out on the surface a few times and I know how long it takes for that guy to complete his script. I usually have the flak gun armed and firing well before he gives the order.

fizilbert
09-10-2005, 06:27 AM
I'm talking more about user made scripts instead of the little "engage" box that pops up when you come across a ship or something.