PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed- New Engine(Weather?)

Chortangeyl
12-18-2010, 01:59 PM
Alright, so I played Assassin's Creed 2
I watched walkthrough of Assassin's Creed 1
And hopefully will get a chance to play Brotherhood.

But these games are amazing. With each improving from the one's previous...
My favorite 'upgrade' throughout the series, was the ability to swim. I loved it! I loved how the outfit got wet and dripped and just generally seemed to interact really well with water... So this game an idea for the next title in the Assassin's Creed area.Why not try to integrate WEATHER into the next engine/game? This could be entirely cosmetic, or it could provide AMAZING gameplay opportunities. Gameplay wise, think about how could it would be.

So sunny/calm weather day, it'd be like any other time you were playing AC1+AC2,ACB. Citizens walk regularly, go about their business
and such.
Now, let's add rain. Atmosphere becomes darker/harder to see. Citizens no longer 'walk', they're in a more 'panicked' state, they're trying to get out of the rain! Guards area of vision will also be slightly decreased, tracking you down will become more difficult, allowing for EASIER escapes. Now, reverse this, and take in account the platforming done in the series, water could add friction/add slippery-ness to roofs, surfaces, etc, adding more of a challenge to climbing extremely tall structures! Making it really HARD. Of course, there could be specific items sold in some stores/etc, that could ADD better grip/etc, making it less of a pain when you're trying to climb that next clock tower.

Let's add 'wind'. This will just be like rain, basically, Citizens will react to windy weather in a more 'rushed' state, not necessarily panicked, but not all that pleased. Guard escape/visibility can be somewhere between 'normal', and the state that they're in during 'rain'.

Now, there's more than one type of weather in the game, but assuming AC3 will ever happen/take place in a region that's capable of snowy weather... oh boy. Think of how much fun that would be! During 'snow' weather, guards have the lowest visiblity, citizens are MOST panicked, escaping on foot will be a bit easier, running away from say guards who are trying to shield their faces in this snowstorm/etc, where-areas running away via roof top won't be as easy as say a 'normal day' anymore. It'll be excessively challenging! Once again, the game could provide 'gear' that would help increase running or grip, etc. In fact, there could be multiple items that differ for specific weather. This could incourage people actually change their gear from time to time. IE: It starts to snow, and to provide a stronger grip, the player would have to equip shoes with say spikes or grips at the soles. In comparison to a rainy day, where-areas the player would have to equip some sort of 'mask' (Ac2 Carnevale mask?), that shields his/her face from rain, or maybe make more 'grippy' gloves or something of the sort.
Also, weather could provide more differing chances of assassinations. IE: You push a guard (with snow weather) more chance of a 'slip', he'll slide on the ice/snow of the roof, and fall off. Hilarity ensues! Try this again on a regular day, he won't slide as much... and you'll not be as happy.

Now that's all gameplay wise. Now think cosmetic.
1. How AWESOME would it be, to have your protagonist standing during a normal sunny day, and have him/her 'fan' themselves, 'Oh it's so hot today'? (Could apply to citizens/guards).

2. Windy day, the protagonist could hold on to their hat/hood/etc (Citizens/guards apply aswell) to prevent it from flying away?
3. Rainy day, the protagonist attempts to shield themselves from the rain (Citizens/guards apply), much like in real life. (You don't want to get wet, eh?)
4. Snow day, the protagonist is cold, pats his/her arms to stay warm. (citizens/guards apply here as well)
5. Imagine the terrain possibilities too. Man how cool would that be?

So what do you think of my idea, Ubisoft/AC players?
Think it's possible with a new engine (heck, even the current one?)

Chortangeyl
12-18-2010, 01:59 PM
Alright, so I played Assassin's Creed 2
I watched walkthrough of Assassin's Creed 1
And hopefully will get a chance to play Brotherhood.

But these games are amazing. With each improving from the one's previous...
My favorite 'upgrade' throughout the series, was the ability to swim. I loved it! I loved how the outfit got wet and dripped and just generally seemed to interact really well with water... So this game an idea for the next title in the Assassin's Creed area.Why not try to integrate WEATHER into the next engine/game? This could be entirely cosmetic, or it could provide AMAZING gameplay opportunities. Gameplay wise, think about how could it would be.

So sunny/calm weather day, it'd be like any other time you were playing AC1+AC2,ACB. Citizens walk regularly, go about their business
and such.
Now, let's add rain. Atmosphere becomes darker/harder to see. Citizens no longer 'walk', they're in a more 'panicked' state, they're trying to get out of the rain! Guards area of vision will also be slightly decreased, tracking you down will become more difficult, allowing for EASIER escapes. Now, reverse this, and take in account the platforming done in the series, water could add friction/add slippery-ness to roofs, surfaces, etc, adding more of a challenge to climbing extremely tall structures! Making it really HARD. Of course, there could be specific items sold in some stores/etc, that could ADD better grip/etc, making it less of a pain when you're trying to climb that next clock tower.

Let's add 'wind'. This will just be like rain, basically, Citizens will react to windy weather in a more 'rushed' state, not necessarily panicked, but not all that pleased. Guard escape/visibility can be somewhere between 'normal', and the state that they're in during 'rain'.

Now, there's more than one type of weather in the game, but assuming AC3 will ever happen/take place in a region that's capable of snowy weather... oh boy. Think of how much fun that would be! During 'snow' weather, guards have the lowest visiblity, citizens are MOST panicked, escaping on foot will be a bit easier, running away from say guards who are trying to shield their faces in this snowstorm/etc, where-areas running away via roof top won't be as easy as say a 'normal day' anymore. It'll be excessively challenging! Once again, the game could provide 'gear' that would help increase running or grip, etc. In fact, there could be multiple items that differ for specific weather. This could incourage people actually change their gear from time to time. IE: It starts to snow, and to provide a stronger grip, the player would have to equip shoes with say spikes or grips at the soles. In comparison to a rainy day, where-areas the player would have to equip some sort of 'mask' (Ac2 Carnevale mask?), that shields his/her face from rain, or maybe make more 'grippy' gloves or something of the sort.
Also, weather could provide more differing chances of assassinations. IE: You push a guard (with snow weather) more chance of a 'slip', he'll slide on the ice/snow of the roof, and fall off. Hilarity ensues! Try this again on a regular day, he won't slide as much... and you'll not be as happy.

Now that's all gameplay wise. Now think cosmetic.
1. How AWESOME would it be, to have your protagonist standing during a normal sunny day, and have him/her 'fan' themselves, 'Oh it's so hot today'? (Could apply to citizens/guards).

2. Windy day, the protagonist could hold on to their hat/hood/etc (Citizens/guards apply aswell) to prevent it from flying away?
3. Rainy day, the protagonist attempts to shield themselves from the rain (Citizens/guards apply), much like in real life. (You don't want to get wet, eh?)
4. Snow day, the protagonist is cold, pats his/her arms to stay warm. (citizens/guards apply here as well)
5. Imagine the terrain possibilities too. Man how cool would that be?

So what do you think of my idea, Ubisoft/AC players?
Think it's possible with a new engine (heck, even the current one?)

magesupermaster
12-18-2010, 02:11 PM
First, let me say: welcome to the forums! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
Now to get to business.

Your idea/suggestion does sound interesting and great.
The hand gestures could add to the somewhat realistic aspect the AC games share.
Many people have suggested to add weather effects to the AC games and many more would continue to do so.

I don't know how hard it is to build or modify a game engine, but I'm pretty sure it's complex and take time.
Ubisoft could have pulled it, if they wanted to.

Inorganic9_2
12-18-2010, 02:23 PM
Rain seemed pretty successful in AC:B. Perhaps it was a trial for future reference?

I do think different types of gear would be much better and much more interesting, given the weather. I've often wondered if Ezio ever has special boots to help climb those walls!

magesupermaster
12-18-2010, 02:30 PM
Now that I think about it, Ezio's boots should be all ragged and worn-out..

ChaosxNetwork
12-18-2010, 02:42 PM
Your idea is great and well though through and portrayed. Your ideas about guards having less line of sight in rain is amazing. Also the idea of changing your equipment is good, but it depends on how long in real time the in game days and so weather last as I don't want to be changing my cloths every 20 minutes.
Though problem is that I would think that it would be very hard to program in one year (As I believe it has been released that a "Major" game will be released next year (ACIII?) as it takes a lot of programming to create the 100 or so characters and sounds in Ezio's immediate area and with him constantly moving even harder.
Of course I am not a programmer so this may be fully wrong.
If Ubisoft can do it then they should it would be one of the best things they could for the next game!

Gyro458
12-18-2010, 03:24 PM
During one of the secret locations it rains heavily, and it was awesome, worked pretty well and stuff.

RebeccaLH
12-18-2010, 04:31 PM
realy detailed idea.
Id like to see the weather change some times. It makes it more dramatic.

Tired-Kid363
12-18-2010, 04:42 PM
Well Ubi has had experience with that sort of thing. In Far Cry 2 they did that. If you lit something one fire, it could spread if it was windy, die out if it was raining etc.

payrob07
12-18-2010, 04:46 PM
great idea, Snow would not be relevant though. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Rome has a SE United States kind of feel to it. Its very humid there, so say a guard is chasing you along the rooftops and it is really hot. Humidity makes you sweat like crazy, so his hand slips and falls to his death. Same with Ezio, without the glove.

tH3PatRi0Tx1776
12-18-2010, 06:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by payrob07:
great idea, Snow would not be relevant though. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Rome has a SE United States kind of feel to it. Its very humid there, so say a guard is chasing you along the rooftops and it is really hot. Humidity makes you sweat like crazy, so his hand slips and falls to his death. Same with Ezio, without the glove. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
True but the OP wasn't talking about AC2 or Brotherhood so Snow is relevant if you travel to Russia ;D

Oatkeeper
12-18-2010, 06:59 PM
Did it even Rain in Brotherhood outside of the one Romulus Lair, I never saw it but a freind of mine said he saw it rain randomly

RipYourSpineOut
12-18-2010, 07:05 PM
Well, since/if AC3 revolves around Desmond this time around, and since I'm pretty sure Italy has become more modern at that time, I would LOVE to see Ubi input some kind of weather system, but does it even snow in Italy? (I know I'm probably being stupid by asking this, but I honestly don't know.)

Randy 355
12-18-2010, 08:51 PM
GTA IV certainly did a good job at adding weather. Niko would act cold, cars would slide more, the ground was more reflective. It's definitely possible.

The one side mission with rain also did a great job with the visuals and of course when the guy slips on the roof. That and the fix for dynamic shadows being choppy from AC2 to brotherhood.

Snow would be truly innovative. It would look great if it would stick on the terrain in the time of season (Memory sequence?) and it would melt and get slushy on some days. Also a great way to add shovels so I can pummel guards with them!
(Snowballs to replace throwing dirt? YES PLEASE!)

thebutcherhead
12-18-2010, 09:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Croson-5:
GTA IV certainly did a good job at adding weather. Niko would act cold, cars would slide more, the ground was more reflective. It's definitely possible.

The one side mission with rain also did a great job with the visuals and of course when the guy slips on the roof. That and the fix for dynamic shadows being choppy from AC2 to brotherhood.

Snow would be truly innovative. It would look great if it would stick on the terrain in the time of season (Memory sequence?) and it would melt and get slushy on some days. Also a great way to add shovels so I can pummel guards with them!
(Snowballs to replace throwing dirt? YES PLEASE!) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh damn I didn't know about this (haven't finished brotherhood yet.)

Randy 355
12-18-2010, 10:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thebutcherhead:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Croson-5:

oh damn I didn't know about this (haven't finished brotherhood yet.) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ah, crap, sorry. I should put a spoiler thing.

But in all fairness someone totally said it before me!

LordWolv
12-18-2010, 11:21 PM
I love the idea, even though it's been suggested many times before. Ubisoft are completely capable of making the weather engine, whether they do it or not is a differant matter. Lets keep out fingers crossed. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

KrYpToNiC95
12-19-2010, 05:06 AM
Great ideas! I just don't see snow adding an effect though, depends on the location of the game as well.

Chortangeyl
12-19-2010, 08:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KrYpToNiC95:
Great ideas! I just don't see snow adding an effect though, depends on the location of the game as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I was reading a IGN review (I think it was IGN?)
And they were mentioning places and of were they PERSONALLY would like to have the next setting of AC3. One guy mentioned feudal-era Japan. If it takes place in Japan, it could TOTALLY snow.
Also, it wouldn't be that out of place to have an Assassin Order there.... Ninja's anyone? Ninja's vs Samurai, that has always been sort of a 'debate'. Heh.
As for platforming... well, they have some mighty tall temples.

Chortangeyl
12-19-2010, 09:52 AM

Yes, I didn't even think of that! That would be pretty funny. And if the game was to be released near the holiday season, they could use it in a trailer, detailing all the funny guard/falls due to being pelted by snowballs. Heheh.

LordWolv
12-19-2010, 10:16 AM
Guard: HOLY! It's Ezio Auditore! The lethal assassin! I'm gonna die! *Gets snowball in face*
Ezio: Hehe, got chu!

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

kriegerdesgottes
12-19-2010, 11:41 AM
I have had this same thought about weather I think it would be awesome if done right which I am sure Ubisoft could easily pull off. I think red dead redemption did an amazing job of doing weather and I think i would be incredible in AC.

Chortangeyl
12-19-2010, 01:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Isaac500:
Guard: HOLY! It's Ezio Auditore! The lethal assassin! I'm gonna die! *Gets snowball in face*
Ezio: Hehe, got chu!

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of...
Say you're jumping from roof to roof, and one of the guards sees you and shouts his 'Hey, get down from there!', you quickly bend over and -sling-, the guard gets it in his face, he tips backwards over, and starts to slide on his back down the roof, he falls off, but manages to hold on with his bare finger tips to the edge of the roof. This could provide even more humor to the game, you could walk up to the guard, and maybe have an option of pulling him up to 'safety', or just making him drop?
Not saying I'm trying to make the game humorous. But it's the little things that make the games, eh? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

tH3PatRi0Tx1776
12-19-2010, 06:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RipYourSpineOut:
Well, since/if AC3 revolves around Desmond this time around, and since I'm pretty sure Italy has become more modern at that time, I would LOVE to see Ubi input some kind of weather system, but does it even snow in Italy? (I know I'm probably being stupid by asking this, but I honestly don't know.) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Actually it does snow in Italy, up north near the alps, in the center of Italy, in Sicily, and even in mountains of Rome!

Chortangeyl
12-19-2010, 10:26 PM
I was thinking about it again, just a while ago, while playing Ac2... why not have the weather affect the 'hay bales' that we all love leaping into, somehow?

IE: they're more 'scattered' in windy conditions?
Very DAMP, in a rainy one?
Simply covered with a cone of snow?

Of course, I doubt these would be changes to actually gameplay, just more... eyecandy?

Imagine leaping into a haybale that's coated with snow... POOF! Heh.

tyrce111
12-19-2010, 10:34 PM
In the Romulus Lair: Wolfe in sheeps clothing...
The cardinal slips and almosts falls off the roof of the Basilica...
Thats was a realy cool aspect of the game...
Adds an extra level of exitement...
Woudl have been cool if you had slipped and had one of those cinimatics with interactive buttons....

Would love a realy foggy or rainy time when ezio just makes loads of guards dissapear then the rain dies down and Casare's the only one standing there...

Chortangeyl
12-20-2010, 01:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tyrce111:
In the Romulus Lair: Wolfe in sheeps clothing...
The cardinal slips and almosts falls off the roof of the Basilica...
Thats was a realy cool aspect of the game...
Adds an extra level of exitement...
Woudl have been cool if you had slipped and had one of those cinimatics with interactive buttons....

Would love a realy foggy or rainy time when ezio just makes loads of guards dissapear then the rain dies down and Casare's the only one standing there... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not quite sure what you're talking about
(haven't played AC:B yet, please don't spoil the ending/story plot for me)
But fog could play a role in the weather schemes too, even if it's only for a mission or two.

De4th18
12-20-2010, 02:22 PM
I would love to see weather in the game. And the pros/cons of having bad weather.

Would love to be able to be more stealthy cause of the darkness/heavy rain, even fog. Have guards be more alert when it's daytime, and not able to see as far at night. Snow making the assasin's white armor truly shine as a stealth mechanic.

Black_Widow9
12-20-2010, 02:58 PM
Please make sure you post this here-
Assassins Creed: Brotherhood feedback thread. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/4821045298) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Turkiye96
12-21-2010, 01:38 PM
dude
iv been wanting to express this idea aswell... weathers gona be an awesoem addition to it, if ubi and the AC franchise are up to it.
but they have to first perfect day and night.... i mean the night is soo bright... i sugest they make it a bit like in ac2 when ur still a noble man going to find ur dad at the prison... that was awesome... plus imagine all the cool assassinations u could do from the dark... but yea i love the idea... hopefully they will add it

Chortangeyl
12-23-2010, 09:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Turkiye96:
dude
iv been wanting to express this idea aswell... weathers gona be an awesoem addition to it, if ubi and the AC franchise are up to it.
but they have to first perfect day and night.... i mean the night is soo bright... i sugest they make it a bit like in ac2 when ur still a noble man going to find ur dad at the prison... that was awesome... plus imagine all the cool assassinations u could do from the dark... but yea i love the idea... hopefully they will add it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah. If they could perfect that was well, it would be great. Always got that tip 'Archers change shifts at dawn and dusk! Plan your missions accordingly' in AC2, never really had to 'plan', sadly. Heh. Still, really cool idea, ESPECIALLY if they could combine day/night with weather.

Chortangeyl
12-23-2010, 09:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Black_Widow9:
Please make sure you post this here-
Assassins Creed: Brotherhood feedback thread. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/4821045298) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I posted it in there, think it may have been deleted, can't seem to find it.

Chortangeyl
12-25-2010, 08:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by payrob07:
great idea, Snow would not be relevant though. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Rome has a SE United States kind of feel to it. Its very humid there, so say a guard is chasing you along the rooftops and it is really hot. Humidity makes you sweat like crazy, so his hand slips and falls to his death. Same with Ezio, without the glove. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just re-visited the ending to Assassin's Creed 1. The map that pops up, revealing the globe to Altair and Malik and company, shows dots. Now, if you think about the AC2 ending...

Combine one and two, they could be the location of those 'vaults'. Now... one of those dots looked like it was in Siberia. Hehe. And it does snow quite a lot in Siberia. :]

Randy 355
12-25-2010, 09:15 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs695.snc4/63563_475643953067_6119163067_5767918_6257158_n.jp g
Perfect.

KrYpToNiC95
12-26-2010, 06:23 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs695.snc4/63563_475643953067_6119163067_5767918_6257158_n.jp g
Perfect. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That could have been an awesome Christmas DLC! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Chortangeyl
12-27-2010, 05:27 PM

You took everything I said, and composed it into one image. Well, a few of the things I said, anyways. Heh. But yes. You have the equipment I mentioned (switching foot-wear depending on weather/environment). And the roof tops are covered in snow. It would be a better image if you had a guard in the background, falling/losing his balance, on one of the roof tops, and a bail of hay, covered in snow :]

Chortangeyl
12-27-2010, 05:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KrYpToNiC95:

That could have been an awesome Christmas DLC! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree!

F.Schramm
12-28-2010, 04:36 PM
In the assassins creed brotherhood In the Basilica of São Pedro i love the rain with the thunders in the game so........If the ubisoft make Rains in the next game?....Kill guards in the Rain and other thins like snow? this can added a new feel/experience to the game

and a co-op...wow..Co-op kill in the rain ^^

Chortangeyl
12-29-2010, 11:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by F.Schramm:
In the assassins creed brotherhood In the Basilica of São Pedro i love the rain with the thunders in the game so........If the ubisoft make Rains in the next game?....Kill guards in the Rain and other thins like snow? this can added a new feel/experience to the game

and a co-op...wow..Co-op kill in the rain ^^ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, like I mentioned, I haven't played Brotherhood yet. Others have mentioned that there is rain during one of the missions or something. So that's good. Could be experiments by ubisoft. (I hope so!)
And yeah, exactly what I said in my post. Gameplay mechanics may not be needed persay (though it would be cooler that way, indeed) and that if possible, at least make the weather cosmetic.

DoctorEurope
12-29-2010, 02:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chortangeyl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by F.Schramm:

Well, like I mentioned, I haven't played Brotherhood yet. Others have mentioned that there is rain during one of the missions or something. So that's good. Could be experiments by ubisoft. (I hope so!)
And yeah, exactly what I said in my post. Gameplay mechanics may not be needed persay (though it would be cooler that way, indeed) and that if possible, at least make the weather cosmetic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think it would be awesome to add weather effects, especially snow and rain to make it a little more possible to be stealthy.

I swear you get your notorious meter filled up by everything other than slowly walking and killin guards from the back.

I really doubt other guards could be alerted, from many rooftops away, by someone shouting for a mili-second. lol

Chortangeyl
01-03-2011, 02:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DoctorEurope:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chortangeyl:

And yeah, exactly what I said in my post. Gameplay mechanics may not be needed persay (though it would be cooler that way, indeed) and that if possible, at least make the weather cosmetic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think it would be awesome to add weather effects, especially snow and rain to make it a little more possible to be stealthy.

I swear you get your notorious meter filled up by everything other than slowly walking and killin guards from the back.

I really doubt other guards could be alerted, from many rooftops away, by someone shouting for a mili-second. lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not just rain or snow. Think about heavy windy conditions, perhaps small dust storms. Maybe even extreme fog.

Serrachio
01-03-2011, 02:40 PM
In the rain, if you're notorious, even though the guards will have a hard time seeing you, they could implement the guards being able to hear you run away.

You could maybe throw a stone (Thinking of Harry Potter 2) and the guards run off in a different direction.

You could have it that you could hide in trees seeing as the multiplayer has hideable bushes.

Seekers could also set fire to hay bales, burning you as you get out, making it so you can't use medicine.

Chortangeyl
02-19-2011, 10:48 PM
Revisiting this idea, I was thinking about it recently. Has anyone seen the gameplay/trailers for Far Cry 2? How the weather affected natural-plant life and more in that game? It would be interesting to have that added in as well. (Assuming there's going to be more to the franchise, I wouldn't know, I haven't played AC:B yet).

However, I wouldn't want the devs to focus ALL of their attention to making an amazing weather engine and forgetting about the core mechanics of the game: parkour and combat.

At the least, I'd like to see at least rain implemented. If not for the other mechanics/weather 'types' I mentioned in my original post.

wellus666
03-11-2011, 09:42 PM
That would be a great idea Chortangeyl even though it would be hard to picture. infact tenchu ps2 did very well with the japan setting (I think it was japan) the rooftops where very easy to scale and assassinate enemies from.