PDA

View Full Version : Things that we all know should already be in a game.

NaRc.op
05-04-2006, 09:38 AM
Well considering Lockdown with no spectating mode and now I'm starting to hear GRAW doesnt have it, at least in Domination mode. That leaves me to question will it even have it once the patch comes out with Deathmatch etc...

Spectating is something that should come with the game IMHO. Here comes a bad analogy, but It's like buying a new car with the windows missing. Sorry I tried lol.

Also Dedicated server files etc...I guess UBI needs a list or something because there starting to leave out all this basic stuff no?

NaRc.op
05-04-2006, 09:38 AM
Well considering Lockdown with no spectating mode and now I'm starting to hear GRAW doesnt have it, at least in Domination mode. That leaves me to question will it even have it once the patch comes out with Deathmatch etc...

Spectating is something that should come with the game IMHO. Here comes a bad analogy, but It's like buying a new car with the windows missing. Sorry I tried lol.

Also Dedicated server files etc...I guess UBI needs a list or something because there starting to leave out all this basic stuff no?

FI_FlimFlam
05-04-2006, 01:03 PM
To me in regards to multiplayer it seems like too muck influence from console development and they have forgotten to put into the design/development plan PC specific features and functionality. Rather they are relying on simplified interfaces that were designed for use with a controller rather than a keyboard. Case in point is Lockdowns server browser. You notice that there is not really any place where keyboards are necessary excpt to enter in your in game name (which doesn't really work anyway). No join by IP, etc. This to me seems like it was transferred from the console development without much consideration for the features and functionality that PC gamers have always been accustomed to. Rather it just kinda worked and people could join games so why actually make it flow and "fit" with all the other PC titles out there. LOL.

O_SHOGTUK_O
05-04-2006, 03:13 PM
LOL @ the analagy! let me have a try http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif
its like buying a new car with tinted glass between you and your passengers hehehe

Yeh... the menu screens/multiplayer lobbys are just not like PC games anymore. Devs are trying to make them too flash and 'complete'. By complete i mean completely self sufficient and simple. Traditional setups like RVS are more 'PC-ish' where they allow you to do things how u want and the more you learn, the more possibilities arise (as appose to just: join and host)!