PDA

View Full Version : Manual to bad

melin1971
02-12-2005, 03:18 AM
Im pretty new on this type of games, and i most say that the manual to explain how to attack with divebomers or kind like that is allmost none existing, the manual dont explain how the bombsight on the japans dive bomer och usa divebomers work. I miss all the time becourse i dont know how it work. the manual only say how the advance bombsight work. In the game when you press shift + F1 and you see a cirkel with exempel 150 and 250 marking...what do that mean. The manual say nothing about it. I have the feel that have made the game think that all can from the beginning how everything work. I had to try why i didnt see the aim cirek before i saw in the keymap somthing called Toggle reticle dimmer. ??...So if anyone have a link to a better manual or somthing that can explain how the targets cirkel and so work and what all the numbers on those mean. I should be most greatful.

melin1971
02-12-2005, 03:18 AM
Im pretty new on this type of games, and i most say that the manual to explain how to attack with divebomers or kind like that is allmost none existing, the manual dont explain how the bombsight on the japans dive bomer och usa divebomers work. I miss all the time becourse i dont know how it work. the manual only say how the advance bombsight work. In the game when you press shift + F1 and you see a cirkel with exempel 150 and 250 marking...what do that mean. The manual say nothing about it. I have the feel that have made the game think that all can from the beginning how everything work. I had to try why i didnt see the aim cirek before i saw in the keymap somthing called Toggle reticle dimmer. ??...So if anyone have a link to a better manual or somthing that can explain how the targets cirkel and so work and what all the numbers on those mean. I should be most greatful.

steve_v
02-12-2005, 07:57 AM
There is alot of good game information at airwarfare

http://www.airwarfare.com/guides.htm

Saburo_0
02-12-2005, 12:14 PM
I don't think documentation in the IL2 series comes anywhere near their attention to detail for Flight Models, cockpits etc. BUT, as long as you have an internet connection there are very detailed tutorials on almost anything you want to do with IL2 FB AEP PF!
Start with the Airwarfare site & go from there.

Here's a link to dive bombing in the Stuka:

http://www.naysayers.com/9jg52/stuka/sturz.htm

JunkoIfurita
02-13-2005, 08:44 PM
And don't forget the gold 'n old training .trks

Not incredibly detailed, but they'll get you started (and Airwarfare'll get you finished). They only have a Stuka divebomb tutorial, but you can infer with the other planes.

The main thing with the D3A1 Val to remember is that she can't get above 370km/hr before her fixed landing gear will snap away. So when you divebomb, power off to zero as you invert and whack on the airbrake. Don't divebomb from as high, either -2000 to 2500m should do it.

The val has no window in the floor, so you'll have to spend a lot more time wobbling your wings about and 'spotting' the target before you commit. But the scope sight is a lot more accurate than the Stuka's so fine adjustment during the dive is a cinch.

The Val was an incredibly accurate weapon in skilled hands - which is why it became almost completely useless later in the war as the IJN lost all its veteran pilots. Its a lovely plane to fly though.

----

VW-IceFire
02-13-2005, 09:15 PM
If you can get online...I've had some sessions with people like pingu and we've practiced the use and function of the level bombing sights and whatnot.

Its kind of complicated and I'm not very good at it. I'm a better CAS type pilot. Frankly, the game is so expansive that you may want to find what you're good at and work at that for a while. Some pilots like myself are "naturals" at ground attack using low level skip bomb and shallow dive bomb attacks....others are good bombers from level, others are expert in high alitude combat.