PDA

View Full Version : I hope the scoring gets fixed...

DarkBlueMan
06-05-2005, 06:02 AM
I know for most it's not really about the score but the knowledge that you played your part. For some it is satisfying enough that they know it was them who delivered the killer blow and not the kill stealer. It doesn't bother others that sometimes when they get a kill there is no 'Enemy Aircraft Destroyed' message nor the points for it. Some are not bothered by the guy who disco's just after you have killed him denying you your points.

These things don't bother some. They bother me! I'm not the greatest pilot and any points that are denied me hurt a little http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Playing on Warclouds some of the above points are addressed by the IL2SC scripted server. When you get a kill, if the guy disco's or there is no 'Enemy Aircraft Destroyed' message, a server message pops up saying '1 eAir kill added to stats'. It may not appear in your score when you have landed, but the satisfaction is there when you look at your online stats. Your efforts are recorded. Your sorties even report on aircraft that you have damaged!

If a third party stats program can address the scoring problems I'm sure the developers of the game itself can fix the problems?

Here's hoping...

DarkBlueMan
06-05-2005, 06:02 AM
I know for most it's not really about the score but the knowledge that you played your part. For some it is satisfying enough that they know it was them who delivered the killer blow and not the kill stealer. It doesn't bother others that sometimes when they get a kill there is no 'Enemy Aircraft Destroyed' message nor the points for it. Some are not bothered by the guy who disco's just after you have killed him denying you your points.

These things don't bother some. They bother me! I'm not the greatest pilot and any points that are denied me hurt a little http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Playing on Warclouds some of the above points are addressed by the IL2SC scripted server. When you get a kill, if the guy disco's or there is no 'Enemy Aircraft Destroyed' message, a server message pops up saying '1 eAir kill added to stats'. It may not appear in your score when you have landed, but the satisfaction is there when you look at your online stats. Your efforts are recorded. Your sorties even report on aircraft that you have damaged!

If a third party stats program can address the scoring problems I'm sure the developers of the game itself can fix the problems?

Here's hoping...

vocatx
06-05-2005, 09:35 AM
I don't pay much attention to the points, heck, I don't know if I even scored any points last night on WC, but I do look at the stats to check my gunnery percentage, number of sorties, and who just shot me down. I like the new stats page WC is running, but I've noticed that I don't always get credit for kills, and I was wondering just what the "disco" column is for.

Capt.LoneRanger
06-05-2005, 09:57 AM
For some odd reason my Stats weren't updated for a month, though I play almost daily. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif