PDA

View Full Version : Launching A Seafire From A Carrier

Breeze147
01-10-2008, 06:14 AM
I can do this quite easily in normal circumstances. However, put any sort of ordnance on the plane and it becomes impossible. I can't generate enough lift to avoid becoming a marker buoy. I've tried watching what the autopilot does, but I always stall and my left wing dips violently to the left as soon as I'm off the deck.

Any tips?

Breeze147
01-10-2008, 06:14 AM
I can do this quite easily in normal circumstances. However, put any sort of ordnance on the plane and it becomes impossible. I can't generate enough lift to avoid becoming a marker buoy. I've tried watching what the autopilot does, but I always stall and my left wing dips violently to the left as soon as I'm off the deck.

Any tips?

general_kalle
01-10-2008, 06:30 AM
i dont think the seafire is meant to take off with any kind of ordinance but a carrier at Max speed say 55 and full power+boostwep you might be able to do it.
also if you make sure to do it towards the wind

blairgowrie
01-10-2008, 06:33 AM
Set elevator trim to a notch and a half up. Full WEP and throttle. Get tail up as quick as possible. Full flap as you go by tower, don't yank back on stick as you go off the end. Gear up quickly.

I fly Seafires in a SEOW mission every weekend and use 60 lb rockets, 75 fuel and 45 gallon drop tank off a British carrier going 20 kph.

Krt_Bong
01-10-2008, 08:43 AM
In Dogfight servers of course, Carriers are static. And pretty much as stated above you can get off the deck with a minimal amount of Fuel and concentrate on staying straight and level, rudder trim for torque, get your gear up immediately and hold altitude till your airspeed comes up. It helps a great deal if you have the entire length of the deck so if you spawn too far forward taxi to the end then straighten up and set chocks, Practice a lot.

Breeze147
01-10-2008, 08:58 AM
Thanks for the replies. I'm flying an offline campaign as the lead, I might not have enough deck. I will try these tips!

JG53Frankyboy
01-10-2008, 09:11 AM
indeed, espacially the F.III lacks a little bit in power.............. with the L.III there is normaly no proplem - if the missiondesigner put the carrier at enough speed (the RN carriers have a max of 56km/h in game).

at max carrierspeed i have few (with the F) to no (with the L) proplems to launch with any loadout with 100% fuel.

two points:
-lock the tailweehl
- if needed, hit the landingflap button as soon you passed the "island" (as already mentioned)