PDA

View Full Version : A serious question

hshmulik
10-02-2007, 06:04 AM
This is purely theoretical so please bare with me. Also please don't immediately ban me just for using the word "mod" I'm not promoting it in any way, nor do I support hacking of code, breaking protections or gaining unfair advantage in on-line playing.

Having said that, as some of you may have experienced (in offline, of course of course), the person who did the much discussed sound mod obviously knows a thing or two of how to generate great sounds for WWII aircrafts.

So unless he just copied it of another source, is there any legal way to incorporate the sounds from that mod into an official release of IL-2 (say for example 4.09) ?

Will it be possible to license him the right to "donate" the sounds, much like other people were licensed to add maps and objects into 4.06/4.07 ? The sounds are already out there, so why not use them ?

Or is it that just because creating the sound mod involved breaking of the SFS encryption makes this whole thing untouchable ?

Again I'm against such things as hacking, and if this suggestion is offensive in anyway to anyone, I ask for their forgiveness and for the removal of this topic. If this is the case, I'll drop the subject entirely. It just that the 2 other threads I posted the same question got locked/removed without actually referring to the subject.

hshmulik
10-02-2007, 06:04 AM
This is purely theoretical so please bare with me. Also please don't immediately ban me just for using the word "mod" I'm not promoting it in any way, nor do I support hacking of code, breaking protections or gaining unfair advantage in on-line playing.

Having said that, as some of you may have experienced (in offline, of course of course), the person who did the much discussed sound mod obviously knows a thing or two of how to generate great sounds for WWII aircrafts.

So unless he just copied it of another source, is there any legal way to incorporate the sounds from that mod into an official release of IL-2 (say for example 4.09) ?

Will it be possible to license him the right to "donate" the sounds, much like other people were licensed to add maps and objects into 4.06/4.07 ? The sounds are already out there, so why not use them ?

Or is it that just because creating the sound mod involved breaking of the SFS encryption makes this whole thing untouchable ?

Again I'm against such things as hacking, and if this suggestion is offensive in anyway to anyone, I ask for their forgiveness and for the removal of this topic. If this is the case, I'll drop the subject entirely. It just that the 2 other threads I posted the same question got locked/removed without actually referring to the subject.

Irish_Rogues
10-02-2007, 07:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hshmulik:

Again I'm against such things as hacking, and if this suggestion is offensive in anyway to anyone, I ask for their forgiveness and for the removal of this topic. If this is the case, I'll drop the subject entirely. It just that the 2 other threads I posted the same question got locked/removed without actually referring to the subject. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif...I would take that as an omen and move on before a ban...http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

The old saying is "Three strikes and your out". http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Skunk_438RCAF
10-02-2007, 07:32 AM
If you read the readme included in the zip file for this "mod", it says that the sounds come from the CFS3 MedAirWar addon.

Personnally, I find the Napier Sabre to be a little too toned down. I had sounds for a Hawker Tempest for CFS2 and it sounded much more like the sound clips on hawkertempest.se. I also actually LIKE to hear a real Merlin on the Spits and the Mossie.

One thing I dont like about this mod, is the other flyable aircraft. While it is fun to fly aircraft that were previously AI only, doing it with improper cockpits kills it for me. So I'm going to staying with good ole Oleg only Il2 for now.

TgD Thunderbolt56
10-02-2007, 07:45 AM
I've grown so accustomed to the sounds in-game that I'm fine with them as is. Though I'll say that even with an excellent sound card and killer Klipsch speakers the sounds are still one of the weak links.

TB

hshmulik
10-02-2007, 07:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skunk_438RCAF:
If you read the readme included in the zip file for this "mod", it says that the sounds come from the CFS3 MedAirWar addon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In that case forget everything I said - its worthless. I thought he actually generated them.

Please lock/remove.