PDA

View Full Version : Is there going to be dynamic weather?

john_chi
06-02-2008, 10:44 PM
Something that I have not noticed being mentioned or seen is dynamic weather. Now you'd think that would be important for anything to do with jet combat.

john_chi
06-02-2008, 10:44 PM
Something that I have not noticed being mentioned or seen is dynamic weather. Now you'd think that would be important for anything to do with jet combat.

john_chi
06-04-2008, 02:57 PM
Damn, so nobody knows or even THOUGHT of this or even cares?? Everyone just wants to see teh jets I guess, but something like this would help with the immersion.

Vth_F_Smith_
06-06-2008, 07:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by john_chi:
Damn, so nobody knows or even THOUGHT of this or even cares?? Everyone just wants to see teh jets I guess, but something like this would help with the immersion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I agree, it would be pretty cool if you'd have to pilot your plane through a thunderstorm or something like that! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Keplager
06-09-2008, 02:50 PM
I can just see it now: "Sir, this is Eagle 1, my engines just cut out because I was stupid and flew through a cloud of moisture!". Yea, dynamic weather would be cool, but it is very very hard to fly though rain. it makes stability a *****, and it really slows you down more than you would think.

Tomcatter61
06-20-2008, 01:50 AM
News flash: planes fly through the rain all the time without engines flaming out. Also, clouds are just "clouds" of moisture and planes also fly through them all the time without falling out of the sky.

Stability and slowing down are problems associated with flying through thunderstorms, which is a pretty dumb idea. You slow down to around maneuvering speed to minimize the chance of turbulence causing an overstress which damages your aircraft. Lots of updrafts and downdrafts make your altitude go nuts (which is why you just try to keep it straight and level if you find yourself in a thunderstorm - fly attitude, not altitude). Plus you get fun stuff like lightning strikes, icing, severe to extreme turbulence, and hail damage.