PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed Revelations Trailer upgrade or downgrade?

charliekelly
06-17-2011, 03:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDkOg1lV6uU

i loved the original woodkid trailer, but for some reason i felt this might fit just as well. was surprised to see how well timed the song was with its pickups and slowdowns to match the trailer. seemed almost creepy. dunno, lemme know what you think.

charliekelly
06-17-2011, 03:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDkOg1lV6uU

i loved the original woodkid trailer, but for some reason i felt this might fit just as well. was surprised to see how well timed the song was with its pickups and slowdowns to match the trailer. seemed almost creepy. dunno, lemme know what you think.

iN3krO
06-17-2011, 03:15 PM
didn't u change the music to fit the trailer?
It's well timed.

But it's a downgrade from the original track to this one.

1st - The woodkid sound have some kind of ambient sound that make it feel more like a movie
2nd - I don't like musics without lyrics
3rd - The lyrics of the woodkid music are just perfect for Ezio (and for this trailler).
4th - Some parts of the lyrics seems to be a hint for what i've been asked since acB was annouced. Let's see if it's just my mind going crazy cuz i really want it or if ubisoft did really heard me :P

charliekelly
06-17-2011, 05:56 PM
nah thats the thing. i didnt edit the music at all. aside from obviously cropping off the intro of the song and fade out the end, i literally slapped the trailer on top of the audio track and it matched up. but that is a straight 3:10 clip of the song on top of the trailer.

but yeah i would agree the original trailer was great. just was confused as to how well the song fit, at least in my head.

Blind2Society
06-17-2011, 07:16 PM
IMO the song doesn't fit. Some things made the song feel out of place but the major thing was, the song simply isn't 'epic' enough.

Conniving_Eagle
06-17-2011, 07:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blind2Society:
IMO the song doesn't fit. Some things made the song feel out of place but the major thing was, the song simply isn't 'epic' enough. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just because the song isn't an intense, fast-paced violin apocalyptica solo doesn't mean it's not good. The trailer was syncrhonized very well, but it was also serene/tranquil. It was talking about these typical assassin things(death, sacrafice, solitarity, etc), but the song for more steady and calm, which is why I think it was very badass.

Blind2Society
06-17-2011, 07:29 PM
Then we can agreee to disagree sir.

Calvarok
06-18-2011, 08:55 PM
EITS are amazing, but that song isn't confrontational or "journey-like" enough to fit the video.