PDA

View Full Version : Mirrors on Spitfires, P-47's and such.

jetguy06
05-23-2006, 08:50 PM
One thing I noticed while watching the "Master Landing" track on PF is that the Seafire that the guy is flying has a mirror over the canopy.Other planes in the game have this also in external view, but not in cockpit view.Does anyone know how I can make it to where the proper planes such as the Spitfire, Huricane, P-47, and such have mirrors in cockpit view?Thanks.

jetguy06
05-23-2006, 08:50 PM
One thing I noticed while watching the "Master Landing" track on PF is that the Seafire that the guy is flying has a mirror over the canopy.Other planes in the game have this also in external view, but not in cockpit view.Does anyone know how I can make it to where the proper planes such as the Spitfire, Huricane, P-47, and such have mirrors in cockpit view?Thanks.

timholt
05-23-2006, 08:58 PM
Hit the M key, I think it is a default, if not key map it to whatever key you wish.
However, be warned, it is a big frame rate eater.

ronison
05-23-2006, 09:49 PM
I believe the M key is the map key. Its been awhile seince I maped it to my flight stick so I may be wrong.

Hashmark13
05-23-2006, 10:08 PM
There is a bug I must report here.

I've found that SHIFT + TAB opens both the console AND enables my mirror, and this shouldn't be.

I'm betting it's just the quality of my video card, but the reflections in the mirror are VERY fuzzy.

Does anyone know how I can bind the mirror to Shift + M, so I can use my console without my stupid mirror coming up and lowering FPS?

M is Map by default.

Mirror isn't mapped by default.

Fork-N-spoon
05-24-2006, 01:40 AM
I don't believe that the key for the mirror has a default setting. I use alt+m to turn on the mirror. Once the mirror is on there are two clarity settings, low and high. If I want high clarity I must hit alt+m after the mirror appears. If I hit alt+m a third time, the mirror turns off.

danjama
05-24-2006, 01:55 AM
I use * (keypad) to turn my mirrors on, and there are two settings in case ur wondering, low and high quality....

high is better surprisingly

Just use *, it has no better use

OD_79
05-24-2006, 04:00 AM
It's ctrl + M.

OD.

FluffyDucks
05-24-2006, 05:45 AM
Reading the manual helps as well..... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

major_setback
05-24-2006, 06:30 AM
You can set any key you like to this and many other functions in the 'controls' section. Reach this from the main page as you start the game (resets automatically to default I think each time you create a new pilot).

dieg777
05-24-2006, 06:37 AM
Just my opinion but I dont use them due to

1) frame rate hit

2) by the time you see them in our mirror its probably too late

3) they made me lazy in my situational awareness but didnt help -see 2)

but everyone is different and you might find they help you.

good luck

TgD Thunderbolt56
05-24-2006, 06:40 AM
IMO, there are only a couple aircraft equipped with mirrors that are actually useful. The La7, F4F and P-47 are the primary ones. On some aircraft the mirror is no more than a frame-killing novelty as you can't see cr*p in it anyway.

TB

jetguy06
05-24-2006, 10:23 PM
Ok...problem fixed...no frame rate loss, and I can fly sooooooooooo much better now that i can see behind me without those blindspots caused by pilot armor behind the seat.Thanks for the help.

R_Target
05-24-2006, 11:07 PM
They forgot to include them with the Hellcat.