PDA

View Full Version : Bring it back Old School

EPICxxfatexx
03-24-2007, 10:51 AM
Forget this Vegas ****. In my minds this game was a BUST. Bring it back to the original Rainbow Six 3 for the xbox and Black Arrow for the xbox. Keep the same set up with new additions. None of this cover system. In single player. SURE. I WANT MY BLACK ARROW MULTIPLAYER. Thats what everyone plays for now days.

EPICxxfatexx
03-24-2007, 10:51 AM
Forget this Vegas ****. In my minds this game was a BUST. Bring it back to the original Rainbow Six 3 for the xbox and Black Arrow for the xbox. Keep the same set up with new additions. None of this cover system. In single player. SURE. I WANT MY BLACK ARROW MULTIPLAYER. Thats what everyone plays for now days.

zoompooky
03-24-2007, 11:06 AM
Sorry, there's no money in it.

Topic over.

EPICxxfatexx
03-24-2007, 11:13 AM
hows there no money in it. EVERYONE knows BA and original rainbow were 10x better then Vegas. Your saying if they didnt release a new version of BA. And then come out with maps every 2-3 months that they wouldnt make money. There sales would pass Vegas in the 1st month.. Not including Downloadable content every few months..

Morgethje
03-24-2007, 11:43 AM
I reckon they wont actually, seeing as vegas has attracted loads of the more arcade shooter fans(In a more blunt fashion also known as 'halo-kiddies')

Bigger market means more sales. unless you think every 'old school' rainbower will buy 2 discs it's not true that it'll pass the sales.

P.s: This is my completely uneducated oppinion, its based on my own simple logic, if anyone ahs real experience with these things feel free to correct me, and I'll be happy to take back what I said http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

navyredman
03-24-2007, 12:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EPICxxfatexx:
hows there no money in it. EVERYONE knows BA and original rainbow were 10x better then Vegas. Your saying if they didnt release a new version of BA. And then come out with maps every 2-3 months that they wouldnt make money. There sales would pass Vegas in the 1st month.. Not including Downloadable content every few months.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Dev have posted that they feel this game is more user friendly and agreeable to a broader audience.

Believe me, there are many of us on this board that agree with you. Even one of the mods.

FrayedKnotJeff
03-24-2007, 12:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EPICxxfatexx:
Forget this Vegas ****. In my minds this game was a BUST. Bring it back to the original Rainbow Six 3 for the xbox and Black Arrow for the xbox. Keep the same set up with new additions. None of this cover system. In single player. SURE. I WANT MY BLACK ARROW MULTIPLAYER. Thats what everyone plays for now days. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have said the same thing over and over again! It's good to see that I'm not the only one.

I would buy 2 disks and give one to a friend! They would also have me recommending it to people.

When people ask me how I like RSV, I say "Mehh, it's not BA".

Th3sandman2005
03-24-2007, 01:41 PM
What I don't get is the Devs always saying there's no money in it,when at the time of these prior Rainbow's hey day's, the gaming communinty as a whole was a mere fraction of what it is today.So you really can't say it would'nt be sucessful because most of today's gamers have never played those games,they may have a killer recipe(grandma's fried chicken or whatever)and refuse to let the masses taste this on a next gen console.Point being the money is right under your nose and you can't see it, or smell it.If these games made that big of an impact on the die hard Rainbow fans, why would'nt it appeal to the kids that have never played a true rainbow game.

navyredman
03-24-2007, 01:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Th3sandman2005:
What I don't get is the Devs always saying there's no money in it,when at the time of these prior Rainbow's hey day's, the gaming communinty as a whole was a mere fraction of what it is today.So you really can't say it would'nt be sucessful because most of today's gamers have never played those games,they may have a killer recipe(grandma's fried chicken or whatever)and refuse to let the masses taste this on a next gen console.Point being the money is right under your nose and you can't see it, or smell it.If these games made that big of an impact on the die hard Rainbow fans, why would'nt it appeal to the kids that have never played a true rainbow game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree, and I agree so strongly, that if Vegas was along the guide lines of the older Rainbows, I would probably still be playing the game reguardless of Ubi's HORRIBLE customer service.

Seipher05
03-24-2007, 02:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Th3sandman2005:
What I don't get is the Devs always saying there's no money in it,when at the time of these prior Rainbow's hey day's, the gaming communinty as a whole was a mere fraction of what it is today.So you really can't say it would'nt be sucessful because most of today's gamers have never played those games,they may have a killer recipe(grandma's fried chicken or whatever)and refuse to let the masses taste this on a next gen console.Point being the money is right under your nose and you can't see it, or smell it.If these games made that big of an impact on the die hard Rainbow fans, why would'nt it appeal to the kids that have never played a true rainbow game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, a return to classic R6 form (i.e. realistic) probably wouldn't appeal to today's gamer. It seems that most shooters are blatantly aimed at the "HALO" crowd, the guys who want to "pwn" everybody not by tactics, strategy, or team work, but by being the guy who can dish out 10 rifle shots and only "absorb" 7.

From the attitudes I see when playing online, most people want a game that makes them feel like a bad-***, not a game that punishes them for "GASP" getting shot "only a few times!!"

I mean, go look at the "Is R6 Realistic thread", and you'll that most people in favor of the current setup talk about how they can "walk over noobs", or that people who want a more realistic shooter are "getting pwned and whining".

Most gamers today don't want a game where you have to sneak into the Embassy via the fire-escape and rescue the ambassador before the terrorists find him, fire a few suppressed rounds at 3-5 enemies and lost a teammate because he got an AK round in the chest, they want a game where you breach the front door, cap 5 enemies with uber headshots, rest behind a desk to regain the health you lost from taking a few 7.62 rounds, then pop up, and only get hit twice while you dump your mag into the last noob, all because you are THE HARDEST, BADDEST, ***-KICKER IN THE WORLD!!!!

Morgethje
03-24-2007, 02:30 PM
I do aggree with it, I'd much, much, much rather see the realism come back. but I reckon the more user/newbie-friendly gameplay of vegas is a better moneymaker.

I would like to just see even a remake of for example BA, some updated graphics, some minor tweaks here n there, some new maps, some new weapons and presto,, you got yourself a good game.
It might not sell as much copies as the 'new' rainbow six games might/will, but its extra money which a big corporation like ubisoft shouldnt be able to resist http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

D---Fingers
03-24-2007, 03:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Most gamers today don't want a game where you have to sneak into the Embassy via the fire-escape and rescue the ambassador before the terrorists find him, fire a few suppressed rounds at 3-5 enemies and lost a teammate because he got an AK round in the chest, they want a game where you breach the front door, cap 5 enemies with uber headshots, rest behind a desk to regain the health you lost from taking a few 7.62 rounds, then pop up, and only get hit twice while you dump your mag into the last noob, all because you are THE HARDEST, BADDEST, ***-KICKER IN THE WORLD!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so much truth in such a small paragraph. the only thing missing is the accompanying "***-kick" music soundtrack playing in the background.

there is also another truth that most gamers are basically masses of sheep. all sheep can be herded into a flock, all they need is a direction and a shepherd. the only shepherd here is Ubisoft, and what they dont realize is they can actually send the sheep to greener pasture instead of over a cliff. what that translates to is, they can release a Black Arrow or honestly, even a Rogue Spear (I KNOW its definitely possible) today and i'm sure it would be just as popular as Vegas... simply based on the sheep factor alone that people will buy it solely based on the fact that it is another rainbow/clancey title. they can even update the "Asskick" of the game by putting in that trendy rock soundtrack in the background when you go to "pwn" some terrorists. it doesn't have to be complicated or "too much to handle for dumb gamers" all it needs is the options available in the server to turn off the obligatory "dumb gamer" handicaps.

but try convincing a marketing dept of a company the size of ubisoft. as it is now, it's pointless to even argue this case anymore.

Ubisoft is only concerned with selling us a "Britney Spears" product, because in their eyes, that's what sells.

i'm waiting for the day Goliath starts threatening us with bans for all these multiple posts wanting older rainbow gameplay back.

TW_Night_Fox
03-24-2007, 03:18 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif WOW, this man speaks the truth! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

navyredman
03-24-2007, 04:04 PM
I was quite pleasently surprised to open Gameinforer today and reading an article wtitten by a guy named Matthew Kato, Senior Associate Editor. The article is titled Space Invaders: Is Casual Gaming Destroying Video Games?

A basic breakdown of the article is talking about how devs are dumbing down recent games to attract Grandmas and Grandpas and Timmy's into video games. Is it very well written article by a gamer I consider like myself. A hardcore adult gamer that has a life beyond sitting behind the TV screen.

I would suggest the read if you can get your hands on a copy of GI. I feel it pertains to the subject of this thread quite well.

Morgethje
03-24-2007, 04:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> A hardcore adult gamer that has a life beyond sitting behind the TV screen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why does everyone feel the need to bring up age in these matters?
I myself started playing video games at quite a young age, and I do consider myself quite hardcore.
Not every teenager that plays games wants to see games dumbed down.

I gonna go out on a limb and assume a few things about you. Considering you say youre an adult, and you consider yourself hardcore, I assume that you started playing games at an early age, and grew up with them, right?
If so would you've liked to see your games dumbed down? I think not, You probably liked your games challenging, so do alot of people nowadays.

Please don't generalise teenagers just cause we got a few... or well, actually a boatload http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif, or rotten apples.

I think I might've misunderstood you, and it's nothing specificly directed to you, I'm just sick and tired of people automaticly assuming that because you're in your teens you must be a 'pimpleheaded, aggresive 'hallo kiddy' who's taking his frustration due to the new places he found hair on, out on everyone who isnt as '1337' as him'.

Again, nothing specificly directed at anyone, just wanted to get it off my chest. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

zoompooky
03-24-2007, 05:11 PM
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/5915/popcorndr6.gif

Bored_1
03-24-2007, 05:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Morgethje:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> A hardcore adult gamer that has a life beyond sitting behind the TV screen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why does everyone feel the need to bring up age in these matters?
I myself started playing video games at quite a young age, and I do consider myself quite hardcore.
Not every teenager that plays games wants to see games dumbed down.

I gonna go out on a limb and assume a few things about you. Considering you say youre an adult, and you consider yourself hardcore, I assume that you started playing games at an early age, and grew up with them, right?
If so would you've liked to see your games dumbed down? I think not, You probably liked your games challenging, so do alot of people nowadays.

Please don't generalise teenagers just cause we got a few... or well, actually a boatload http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif, or rotten apples.

I think I might've misunderstood you, and it's nothing specificly directed to you, I'm just sick and tired of people automaticly assuming that because you're in your teens you must be a 'pimpleheaded, aggresive 'hallo kiddy' who's taking his frustration due to the new places he found hair on, out on everyone who isnt as '1337' as him'.

Again, nothing specificly directed at anyone, just wanted to get it off my chest. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Playing online, I actually find very few people who will classify a teenager into the HALO kiddie crowd. But there's a whole mess of people who will automatically insult anybody that has a high-pitched voice. And while those kids often do annoy people, there's actually alot of them that play the game seriously.

The problem is that no one gives the smaller (not below 10 or anything) kids a chance.

On to the point of the topic though:

I think that *all* of today's "next-gen" games have catered to the guy who loudly claims that he has a bigger **** than anyone else in the room, and only wants to be the "uber-owner" that kills everyone without even putting any thoguht into what he's doing.

The same exact thing happened with another popular game: Oblivon. Which gave up the exploration and difficulty of Morrowind for a hack n' slash game that has been simplified to death. As long as it has good graphics, it's oviously good! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

It's a sad, sad thing that's happening to games today. They're becoming too mainstream, so companies have to cater to the mainstream.

bigron8911
03-24-2007, 06:39 PM
maybe if they made a game like rsv, only where you got true to life injuries, like for instance if you get shot in the arm not grazed but shot, then that arm is no good, or the leg same thing, but in the body armor maybe they could make it where the more you get shot in the body armor the more it is degraded like in real life so you could realisticly get shot 6 or so times in the chest, only your survivability would be cut in half if you had an assault rifle going off at your abdomen, or a sniper rifle you know the high caliber weapons, but if some noob wants to run around with an mp5 or equivalent then he would be cannon fodder for anyone that uses their senses, things like this could improve team based tactics, oh oh oh and also throw in a medic that could be there as a playable character to fight and also to help wounded players, but this is ubisoft we are talking about, like someone stated above they want to sell what the halo kids want who cares about the rest, but thats ok because army of 2 comes out soon (hopefully) and as soon as it does good bye rainbow hello army. if anyone hasnt you might want to research the game. looks greaaat!!!!!!

stevenrasnick
03-24-2007, 08:23 PM
Navy, that is a DAMN good article, read it today in a Barnes & Nobles myself. (For some reason, it hasn't come to my door yet.)

Morg, I think you took Navy's words WAY out of context. (Navy, correct me if I am wrong), but I think he was just stating that he was an adult. Not saying that a teen can't play a serious and challenging game. Most of the regulars know I'm a younger player that wants the old Rainbow back. That argument should just be laid to rest.

Bored, you must've played a completely different game than I did, because Oblivion had a buttload of exploration and challenge. Maybe you leveled up too quickly?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">maybe if they made a game like rsv, only where you got true to life injuries, like for instance if you get shot in the arm not grazed but shot, then that arm is no good, or the leg same thing, but in the body armor maybe they could make it where the more you get shot in the body armor the more it is degraded like in real life so you could realisticly get shot 6 or so times in the chest, only your survivability would be cut in half if you had an assault rifle going off at your abdomen, or a sniper rifle you know the high caliber weapons, but if some noob wants to run around with an mp5 or equivalent then he would be cannon fodder for anyone that uses their senses, things like this could improve team based tactics, oh oh oh and also throw in a medic that could be there as a playable character to fight and also to help wounded players, but this is ubisoft we are talking about, like someone stated above they want to sell what the halo kids want who cares about the rest, but thats ok because army of 2 comes out soon (hopefully) and as soon as it does good bye rainbow hello army. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Longest. Sentence. Ever.

maxx_death_4u
03-24-2007, 08:41 PM
Steven, you're pretty cool for a "younger guy", and you're welcome in my room anytime and in any game.

Morgethje, just by the way you talk (type) I can tell "Ur n0t teh normallz 1337 t33N!!1010".

You actually put some effort into what you try to say on here, and you seem like you realize that 10 kills and 1 death is better than 40 kills and 30 deaths. Something most (not all) "kids/teens" don't seem to pick up on, that's why we tend to bash them so much.

I hope you understood what I was trying to say, I'm too tired to be on here anymore http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

TW_Night_Fox
03-24-2007, 09:49 PM
I think we need the whole team back, all 29 operatives!

Bios here:

http://agr-s.com/html_reports/fieldreport0126.htm

And here:

http://agr-s.com/html_reports/fieldreport0127.htm

Great read for those interested in the REAL RAINBOW.

Seipher05
03-24-2007, 10:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TW_Night_Fox:
I think we need the whole team back, all 29 operatives!

Bios here:

http://agr-s.com/html_reports/fieldreport0126.htm

And here:

http://agr-s.com/html_reports/fieldreport0127.htm

Great read for those interested in the REAL RAINBOW. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Best. Links. Ever.

Man, that's what I want!

Detailed team members, each with a different character, strengths and weaknesses. I used to LOVE taking Ayana Yacoby, she was a "Scout" class IIRC, and she had the next highest stealth rating after Ding, I used to be able to get my teams in great positions with her and Ding and Woo (who I believe was the other "Scout" character). And Daniel Bogart, haha, I used to take him on most missions too, just 'cause he was in the FBI HRT!!

Ahh, memories...

WTH happened to this franchise???

TW_Night_Fox
03-24-2007, 10:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Seipher05:
WTH happened to this franchise??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif I don't know, I dream that one day we will have our old Rainbow back but with each new game it is getting worse.

I can't believe I'm going to say it but:

Lockdown &gt; Vegas.

navyredman
03-25-2007, 12:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Navy, that is a DAMN good article, read it today in a Barnes & Nobles myself. (For some reason, it hasn't come to my door yet.)

Morg, I think you took Navy's words WAY out of context. (Navy, correct me if I am wrong), but I think he was just stating that he was an adult. Not saying that a teen can't play a serious and challenging game. Most of the regulars know I'm a younger player that wants the old Rainbow back. That argument should just be laid to rest. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spot on. Glad you were able to understand.

I just got the mag in the mail today

Morgethje
03-25-2007, 06:16 AM
Yeah, I just reread what he said, from another angle, so to speak, and realise I did take it way out of context. I am sorry for that, was a bit late http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

I haven't read the article I'm affraid, but I do aggree that I would like the old rainbow back. Might be hard on a console though, less buttons and all. But I reckon it should be at least possible to, for example, open doors slowly. For example pressing and holding A(the normal door-opening-button) and then moving the left or right stick up to open, or down to close. Its not as easy as using a whole keyboard, but it should work pretty well, just give us more options.

Bigger teams would be a very welcome addition as well. 3 people 'pwning' the hell out of 100+ terrorists is just silly.

I personally do enjoy the cover system, just feels realistic. In a gun fight you'd also run for cover, wouldn't you? But perhaps it should be in first person, don't know how well that'd work though. Ah well, I just hope ubisoft ahs the decency to try to cater to the people wanting a agme like BA, but updated and expanded, next gen, if you will.(Next gen as in more options, better graphics etc etc. Not like vegas http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif)

Once again sorry for my previous post, but I do hope anyone who reads it and has this attitude to the younger crowd, will learn something from it, though I doubt it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

Storm_593
03-25-2007, 06:34 AM
hows there no money in it. EVERYONE knows BA and original rainbow were 10x better then Vegas. Your saying if they didnt release a new version of BA. And then come out with maps every 2-3 months that they wouldnt make money. There sales would pass Vegas in the 1st month.. Not including Downloadable content every few months.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with you. I think theres more than enough ppl wanting to buy and play the real Rainbow six.
And as for the big plan from Ubi about stealing a good deal of the halo kids, haha! What do you think the former halo kids will do when halo 3 comes out? This game can never compete with Halo in its arcadish run n gun shooter genre. Halo does that so much better. Why play a buggy freezing game with no support?Halo will guaranteed not be as half finished as this game.

Ubi, do what you once did. Everyone trying to be Mcdonalds is not cool.

navyredman
03-25-2007, 06:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I personally do enjoy the cover system, just feels realistic. In a gun fight you'd also run for cover, wouldn't you? But perhaps it should be in first person, don't know how well that'd work though. Ah well, I just hope ubisoft ahs the decency to try to cater to the people wanting a agme like BA, but updated and expanded, next gen, if you will.(Next gen as in more options, better graphics etc etc. Not like vegas ) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That what we were asking about from the beginning. I like the idea of the cover system, but not going to TPV. As long as you stay locked in FPV and don't get any extra view range, most of us old rainbow lovers would be happy.

I also like the repel and fast rope. I think those could stay in TPV and be alright, but I'd still rather see those stay in FPV also.

gorillaCHEEZ
03-25-2007, 10:19 AM
The vegas system isn't a bust, it's better than lockdown. HAHA, i know that's not saying much, but the graphics, maps, and new styled gameplay all mesh well.

In regards to Rainbow Six 3(xbox original), vegas doesn't top it. If they remade R63, I would probably never touch Vegas again, or for that matter, any other game. I think of it as a drug, it's bad, but good at the same time^_^

If we decide to go waaaaaaaaaaaayyy back to the super old R6s, PS games.. that would be the best. Not only would the realism bring back the hardcore crowd that preferred tactical, REALISTIC and definately challenging gameplay, but it would also attract everyone that's sick of halo2. Leave the unrealistic shooter to Halo2, and bring back what the R63 fans want.

TW_Night_Fox
03-25-2007, 11:29 AM
Why dosent Ubi just make a specific game for run-n-gunning which can be their main money maker and then give us our old Rainbow back.

FrayedKnotJeff
03-25-2007, 11:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TW_Night_Fox:
Why dosent Ubi just make a specific game for run-n-gunning which can be their main money maker and then give us our old Rainbow back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They did, it was called Far Cry.

navyredman
03-25-2007, 11:37 AM
Why dosent Ubi just make a specific game for run-n-gunning which can be their main money maker and then give us our old Rainbow back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ubi make plenty of run n gun don't they? Aren't they making a new TMNT game? Either way, you're right. That was about the only game I played on the XBOX and the game I planned on playing mostly on the 360 until I actually tried it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

TW_Night_Fox
03-25-2007, 11:44 AM
TMNT is run and gun? I was thinking that they should advertize Far cry to the timmies instead of our game.

FrayedKnotJeff
03-25-2007, 12:00 PM
TMNT is run and gun? I was thinking that they should advertize Far cry to the tmmies instead of our game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I agree 100%.

navyredman
03-25-2007, 01:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">TMNT is run and gun? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know, isn't it? That's not really my thing.

TW_Night_Fox
03-25-2007, 01:03 PM
I'm pretty sure TMNT is a fighting game similar to DOA or Def Jam but I could be wrong, never really interested in games about pre-pubecent overgrown turtles in thongs. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

navyredman
03-25-2007, 01:34 PM
I'm pretty sure TMNT is a fighting game similar to DOA or Def Jam but I could be wrong, never really interested in games about pre-pubecent overgrown turtles in thongs. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL!!! My point being, Ubi does make the unrealistic type games. There's no reason to have turned this game into one of them.

TW_Night_Fox
03-25-2007, 01:45 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Morgethje
03-25-2007, 03:51 PM
I think with both fastroping and rappeling you don't get much of an advantage, since it happens in a matter of seconds, or theres not much to see around you anyways.

I do like the TPV while in cover, at least in the sense that it looks cool, wouldnt be half as cool if you were in FPV, but for realisms sake Ill gladly accept a lower 'awesome-factor'.

And if ubi REALLY insists on having some sort of TPV in cover mode, then gives us a snakecam to look around corners(Not exactly TPV, but you get the point.

Imagine sitting behind a little desk or something, a hallway next to it, you take out the snakecam, see someone, and switch to you weapon as fast as possible.

Do note that it'd take a few crucial seconds to set up the snakecam, perhaps instead of putting it away you could just drop it, I dont know...

To explain why I'd like tos ee a cover system in some shape or form implemented in this game is that I really disliked the lean system in GRAW2.

Im no shooter expert, have played my fair share of 'em on the pc, but never really liked it on console. I found the lean sytem work great with a keyboard, easy to do with Q and E for example. But on a console, with such a limited amount of buttons it just didn't feel right.

nakhia420
03-25-2007, 04:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Seipher05:
WTH happened to this franchise??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif I don't know, I dream that one day we will have our old Rainbow back but with each new game it is getting worse.

I can't believe I'm going to say it but:

Lockdown &gt; Vegas. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't believe you just said that either.
You should say RS3&gt;vegas, maybe even BlackArrow&gt;vegas, But lockdown thats just going to far.

bigron8911
03-25-2007, 04:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">maybe if they made a game like rsv, only where you got true to life injuries, like for instance if you get shot in the arm not grazed but shot, then that arm is no good, or the leg same thing, but in the body armor maybe they could make it where the more you get shot in the body armor the more it is degraded like in real life so you could realisticly get shot 6 or so times in the chest, only your survivability would be cut in half if you had an assault rifle going off at your abdomen, or a sniper rifle you know the high caliber weapons, but if some noob wants to run around with an mp5 or equivalent then he would be cannon fodder for anyone that uses their senses, things like this could improve team based tactics, oh oh oh and also throw in a medic that could be there as a playable character to fight and also to help wounded players, but this is ubisoft we are talking about, like someone stated above they want to sell what the halo kids want who cares about the rest, but thats ok because army of 2 comes out soon (hopefully) and as soon as it does good bye rainbow hello army. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Longest. Sentence. Ever.[/QUOTE]

i wasnt trying out for grammar school.i was just trying to put some more ideas out there, but hey if thats not what these forums are for, then whatever. just let me know if i need to make any changes to my sentencing, i would be more than happy to fix them. sincerest apologies!!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Th3sandman2005
03-25-2007, 06:56 PM
If I remember right R63,and Black Arrow were both on the XBL top ten most played until the 360 came out,does that sound right? so how can there be no money in that.I believe it was the Lockdown, and Critical Hour that did'nt do so well,you remember the two new and improved versions,don't you?