PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Vs Stuka[turn]

Monty_Thrud
05-31-2006, 04:37 PM

Brain32
05-31-2006, 04:50 PM
I guess you got suprised by a smart dive brakes usage http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Viper2005_
05-31-2006, 06:39 PM
I doubt their best turn speeds coincide.

My Fw-190 will quite handily out turn a Spitfire at high speed. If he fights my fight, I'll win.

If you fight the Ju-87's fight, you'll lose, no matter what you fly.

You should aim to attack the Ju-87 either:

i) from below, to avoid the gunner, implying a lag pursuit should he attempt to get out of the way...

ii) from abeam, preferably with an altitude advantage. This again avoids the gunners.

Don't turn with it. There's no point. If he turns he's buying time; but time should be on your side.

Be patient.

Tell your buddies where the bomber is as soon as you ID it. That way, you can rest assured that help is on the way.

Bombers, like any aeroplane, are best attacked from several angles at once.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Remember, the objective is to kill the other guy, not to fight him.</span>

VW-IceFire
05-31-2006, 07:29 PM
According to IL-2 Compare...the Stuka can out turn a Hurricane II under 290kph. So if you were down there....then thats probably where it was going to get bad. Every plane can out turn every other plane at a specific speed....almost always.

FritzGryphon
05-31-2006, 09:22 PM
In the past I've found the Ju-87B sustained turn to be as low as 21 seconds. Very close to the Hurricane.

But, the Ju-87D is far worse, with a 24 second time similar to a IL-2M. I suppose it got a lot heavier.

Of course, in reality these planes would be carrying bombs, so manueverability would be horrible. Dumping your bombload would be a soft kill.

Vipez-
06-01-2006, 02:23 AM
JU-87B2 with 50 % fuel or less flying without bombs is a really good turner, and it's wingloading is not that bad. And I would imagine Ju87B from BoB would be even better, because by the time BoB was over Ju87B2 received additional armor for Operation Barbarossa. JU-87D3 is far from beeing as good, but on the other hand it's rear gunner is much more lethal to Hurricane (twin-MG81s). B2 has pretty much useless rear MG (single MG17). Carrying bombs makes life harder for Stukas, but if you scare Stukas to drop bombs in a Hurricane, you allready have done your duty, right ? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

F19_Ob
06-01-2006, 05:42 AM
I can understand your frustration m8 but it was infact possible to make very good turns in the early stukas (for a limited time) because of the divebrakes, but mainly constant work with flaps as speed changes.

Some fault lies with the Hurricane actually.
The Hurricane ofcourse have a better 'sustained' turn but the 'instant' non- sustained turn (wich all planes can do to higher or lesser degree) helps the stuka to decrease speed to the slower regions where the Hurricane will have a harder time maneuvering than in medium speed. The hurricane ofcourse can do a similar turn but it wont be agile anymore if he is too slow and it is here the stuka will have a chance.

Hurricanes could turn inside a 109E in medium speed, but faster or slower the 109 outperformed the hurricane because it could climb, roll and thus turn steeper at slower speeds and roll better in higher speeds.

The stuka can pretty much benefit from the same things as the 109, although to a lesser degree.

I have a long online history of fighting better performers in poor performers and I have brought down many fighters in the stuka, although I've been shot down much more.

My trick is to know my opponents planes inside out performance-wise wich enables me to exploite their vices in some situations.

When it comes to fighting Hurricanes with stukas I get shot down more often than I score a kill, but I make the most of the Hurricanes inability to roll at slowest and highest speeds.
One of my tricks when really slow is to let the hurricane belive he will outturn me, so i can shoot at him from the gunnerseat uninterupted for longer periods. When a dangerous situation arises I cut throttle and go in a hard decending spiral (sometimes with divebrakes) wich would be hard for any faster plane to follow and draw deflection.

The most dangerous situation for the stuka is if the attacker wont come in close and keeps his distance and sprays instead, wich will get u damaged and crippled and likely killed.

Many stukas got shot down when running away trying desperately to reach home.
In a sim there is no penalty to stay and fight.

Stukas have a hard time online so there is no harm in letting a damaged stuka 'get away' once in a while. A 109 should let a damaged hurri escape sometimes too since they suffer as badly as the stukas. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Too few fly the poor performers online and Unfortunately many so called experts fly the best rides, fighting from an advantage.

Well, What I think

Frantish
06-01-2006, 08:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Too few fly the poor performers online and Unfortunately many so called experts fly the best rides, fighting from an advantage. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Completely agree

HayateAce
06-01-2006, 09:33 AM
Just another brick. The code is so big it has become lame. Ju87s and Bf110s being used as fighters is all you need to know to see that. In RL, both these turkeys were easy pickens.

<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">"As commander of the 37th Fighter Squadron, Leverette on October 9, 1943, led seven P-38s on a mission to protect Royal Navy warships in the Mediterranean. When he sighted a formation of 30 German Ju-87 Stuka dive bombers, Leverette sent three of his fighters to fly top cover while he and the other three closed on the Stukas. Each of the German aircraft had a gunner manning a flexible machine gun plus two wing-mounted guns.

Leverette, who had spent two years teaching fighter tactics and had more than 1,000 hours flying fighters, took out seven of the Stukas himself. His unit shot down another nine, plus a Ju-88, and most of the rest either headed for home or ended up in the sea.

For his leadership and individual performance in this action, Leverette received the Distinguished Service Cross."</span>

Brain32
06-01-2006, 09:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Try shooting down 7 stukas with a P38 in fB. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Is that suppose to be a problem?!?? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Vipez-
06-01-2006, 01:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">e sighted a formation of 30 German Ju-87 Stuka dive bombers, Leverette sent three of his fighters to fly top cover while he and the other three closed on the Stukas. Each of the German aircraft had a gunner manning a flexible machine gun plus two wing-mounted guns. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Granted, this was not the most successfull day for Stukas in history. But I have absolutely no problems shooting down 8 JU-87B2s with Hurricane MK.1 (and we don't even have the less armored version of Stuka B-2). Aim for the wing root and the bloody things allways catch fire.

leitmotiv
06-01-2006, 02:04 PM
Get under the buggers and shoot into the wing roots---arrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh.