PDA

View Full Version : Time Out question (Not hyperlobby)

Phobia337
01-25-2008, 07:57 AM
Hey guys

Really important question. I stated before that Me, and my cousin got the game and are falling deeper and deeper into it. Well My dad and his best friend got it as well so now we got a crew of 4 that wants to fly some COOP missions.

This is kinda the whole reason we all got the game so we can play online with each other in the campaign. So if you all can help out at all I would be in yall debt big time.

I am far from a Networking guru. I have a straight connection into my system with a modem and no router. I am on cable. I disabled my windows firewall and no one can still connect to me. They always get the TIMED OUT ERROR. They are also adding the correct 21000 at the end of my IP. So we are stumped as far as why it is given us a timed out error. There should be nothing blocking others from joining.

BUT using XFIRE. I connect to a server called AAA Dedicated dogfight. BUT if I create a server for my friends to join and play COOP then they get the TIMED OUT ERROR.

I tried to supply as much detail as I could on the situation if anyone has any idea at all on what we can do some we can do some COOP tonight after work PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know.

THANKS GUYS
PHOBIA

Phobia337
01-25-2008, 07:57 AM
Hey guys

Really important question. I stated before that Me, and my cousin got the game and are falling deeper and deeper into it. Well My dad and his best friend got it as well so now we got a crew of 4 that wants to fly some COOP missions.

This is kinda the whole reason we all got the game so we can play online with each other in the campaign. So if you all can help out at all I would be in yall debt big time.

I am far from a Networking guru. I have a straight connection into my system with a modem and no router. I am on cable. I disabled my windows firewall and no one can still connect to me. They always get the TIMED OUT ERROR. They are also adding the correct 21000 at the end of my IP. So we are stumped as far as why it is given us a timed out error. There should be nothing blocking others from joining.

BUT using XFIRE. I connect to a server called AAA Dedicated dogfight. BUT if I create a server for my friends to join and play COOP then they get the TIMED OUT ERROR.

I tried to supply as much detail as I could on the situation if anyone has any idea at all on what we can do some we can do some COOP tonight after work PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know.

THANKS GUYS
PHOBIA

foxfire1941
01-25-2008, 08:53 AM
I used to be able to host games, but not since I got a different provider (comcast). So I would like to know how to host as well. Somebody must know how to tackle this problem.

dbillo
01-25-2008, 08:54 AM
Some modems may have a built-in NAT router, and might still need port 21000 forwarded to your private address.

There may be another program, like antivirus, blocking the connections. Some a/v suites have a software firewall included, which could be blocking.

Some computers will have two IP addresses, if you have a modem, for example, or a second network card, your machine might have a public IP address (from your modem), and a private IP address, from the other device. IL-2 gets confused when this happens. Run il2setup.exe, go to the network tab, and see if there is more than one IP address in a pulldown there.

And of course, we cannot look over the shoulder of each of your three relatives and friends and make sure they have done everything right, so you pretty much have to go through a checklist with each person, in painful detail, to make sure something hasn't been missed.

That's all I can offer at the moment. You might try pasting the [NET] section of your conf.ini here, so we can make sure there's not something there.

Phobia337
01-25-2008, 09:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dbillo:
Some modems may have a built-in NAT router, and might still need port 21000 forwarded to your private address.

There may be another program, like antivirus, blocking the connections. Some a/v suites have a software firewall included, which could be blocking.

Some computers will have two IP addresses, if you have a modem, for example, or a second network card, your machine might have a public IP address (from your modem), and a private IP address, from the other device. IL-2 gets confused when this happens. Run il2setup.exe, go to the network tab, and see if there is more than one IP address in a pulldown there.

And of course, we cannot look over the shoulder of each of your three relatives and friends and make sure they have done everything right, so you pretty much have to go through a checklist with each person, in painful detail, to make sure something hasn't been missed.

That's all I can offer at the moment. You might try pasting the [NET] section of your conf.ini here, so we can make sure there's not something there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok some more details I can give ya on those questions.

I have no Antivirus program running in back. I also have check my modems NAT and can't find any firewall inside it.

Me personally, I have only 1 IP addy. Now my dad Has 2 I know for sure.

Here is the reason I believe it is on my end. My cousin can't connect to me cause he gets a timed out error. BUT If he host then we all connect. Which seems to me I am blocking traffic some how. But the weird thing is I pretty much have everything open.

I am at work right now and can't post my [net] from CONFIG.ini. BUT I have looked over it when I was ajusting my graphic settings and did not see anything out of the ordinary.

ONLY thing I can think might be doing it is if my modem has built in firewall and I can't find it. It is a scientific Atlanta Cable modem if anyone knows if they have a NAT internal. Service provider is COX.

But I wanted to check to see if anyone has heard of the this and tackled it.

Thanks bro
PHOBIA

Xiolablu3
01-25-2008, 10:50 AM
Could be someting to do with the default ingame name not being accepted on some servers, I have had this happen to me before...

Phobia337
01-25-2008, 10:56 AM
I am trying to host and my family join. But it is given them the timeout error BUT if my cousin hosts then I can join. So this clearly shows me somehow I am not allowing the traiffic on my system somehow. But this is what has me stumped.

Windows firewall COMPLETELY OFF = They still TIMEOUT
I have no router = They still timeout
My modem has no internal firewall = They still timeot. (I called my modem manufactor)

So I am lost as far what is blocking the traffic. But with other games I host with no problem.

Taylortony
01-25-2008, 11:28 AM
in set up go network then look in the ip windows if any of you have them, if it says default click on the word and select the lower number in there then save that and try again........ also check that their firewalls are letting their game out.........

Phobia337
01-25-2008, 11:43 AM
Thanks tony

I am going to try that with them.

I don't think it is there firewall issues, since they can connect to my cousins computer but only can't connect to mine. We all have the same ISP, so I don't think it is that my IPS is blocking certain ports.

I think something somewhere in my system is blocking the traffic from entering and the weird thing about it is I don't have any program out side of windows built in firewall with SP2 and I have it ocmpletely off until I figure out what is wrong then I will try with IL-2 as a exception. but something else is stopping it.

Here is my [NET] code in CONFIG.ini

[NET]
speed=25000
routeChannels=0
serverChannels=1
localPort=21000
remotePort=21060
SkinDownload=1
serverName=No Name
serverDescription=
remoteHost=67.106.81.137
localHost=
socksHost=
checkServerTimeSpeed=1
checkClientTimeSpeed=0

[MaxLag]
farMaxLagTime=10.0
nearMaxLagTime=2.0
cheaterWarningDelay=5.0
cheaterWarningNum=-1

THANKS GUY
PHOBIA

Phobia337
01-25-2008, 11:52 AM
problem tony

In setup under network only options I have is my connection like CABLE, DSL, 56, 14.4, ect
Skin check box
and port.

Thanks man

Taylortony
01-25-2008, 11:56 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif the lower number is actually setting your ip in the game so it may work, set up can be accessed in the game folder..... u all have the SAME PATCH VERSION I TAKE IT..I dont know if you need the server version of ther patch either, some here might know

Phobia337
01-25-2008, 12:30 PM
ok here is lastest update.

I turned off windows firewall
Check network tab
Started a game

My dad tried to join....and BOOOM he connected.

We closed it out. I tried joining him. Still the same TIME OUT ERROR.

So we at least got my system allowing the traffic but I am lost as far as why it would not let them connect last night but today it is letting them.

The only thing I can see is my dad enabled DMZ or whatever it is called in his router that opens all the ports and it is allowing him to join me. BUT I am still unable to join his game. He might have to open up 21000 only I am thinking?

Thanks for all the ideas guys. Really helped out
PHOBIA

dbillo
01-25-2008, 12:48 PM
Well, now your dad can connect when you host?

From your conf.ini:

NET]
serverChannels=1
localPort=21000
remotePort=21060

serverChannels should be more than 1, since the server itself consumes a channel. Should be at least 4 for your group.
Now, you can't connect to your dad when he hosts. Remoteport=21060 suggests you have connected to someone who is hosting on port 21060, which is possible, but not the default port. (Maybe AAA server?) If your dad is hosting on 21000, then change remotePort=21000

Actually, this is a new can of worms, since now we need to be sure that your dad is set up for hosting, i.e: does he have a router? Is port 21000 forwarded, etc?

Let's tackle one thing at a time. Can all the others now connect when you host?

Phobia337
01-25-2008, 12:53 PM
The 2160 is because I joined a deadicated server so that is what you are seeing.

If the server channels is the amount of players allowed to join. That could be cause I was testing with my dad and I put player amount to 2. If not then I am going to change this to 4 then.