PDA

View Full Version : What we need in the next patch

BelRi0se
10-14-2011, 05:32 PM
Hello everyone,

This thread is supposed to be read by the devs, and I really hope they will.

I love the game so far. I played to HOMM3 to 5 before and I am happy with what I've seen so far. Great game!

However, there are some things that need some change, and there are things we had in the previous HOMM that are missinge in this one.

What we need from the previous HOMM games:
- In combat when hover the mouse over a creature, highlight it in ATB <-- very important because right now we can't be sure which creature is going to play if there are more than one stack of the same creature
- tactics with positions remembered and split <-- Very annoying to replace your creatures each time you start a fight
- number of days to destination <-- Right now, we can't tell for sure how long it's gonna take to go to one point on the map, we need to know it so we can start planning things like reinforcement etc..
- town screen <-- This has allready been discussed over and over
- simultaneous turn <-- This is a must if we don't want the multiplayer to fall in oblivion

What was sweet in the previous HOMM games that I would like to see in this game:
- No more "week of "creature" that spawned creature all over the map? this was fun, why not take it back?
- thives guild <-- This was important in multiplayer : knowing your ennemy is part of the strategy!

What we need to improve the game experience:
- No more flickering of the mouse <-- Very annoying
- Possibility to rotate the camera <-- We have some very beautiful maps but we can't turn the camera http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
- Possibility to turn off town and dwelling conversion animation <-- This is taking to much time for nothing, maybe keep the first one of the game but we don't need to see each conversion...

That's it for me, if you guys have something to say, go ahead!

This is a great game! have fun!

BelRi0se
10-14-2011, 05:32 PM
Hello everyone,

This thread is supposed to be read by the devs, and I really hope they will.

I love the game so far. I played to HOMM3 to 5 before and I am happy with what I've seen so far. Great game!

However, there are some things that need some change, and there are things we had in the previous HOMM that are missinge in this one.

What we need from the previous HOMM games:
- In combat when hover the mouse over a creature, highlight it in ATB &lt;-- very important because right now we can't be sure which creature is going to play if there are more than one stack of the same creature
- tactics with positions remembered and split &lt;-- Very annoying to replace your creatures each time you start a fight
- number of days to destination &lt;-- Right now, we can't tell for sure how long it's gonna take to go to one point on the map, we need to know it so we can start planning things like reinforcement etc..
- town screen &lt;-- This has allready been discussed over and over
- simultaneous turn &lt;-- This is a must if we don't want the multiplayer to fall in oblivion

What was sweet in the previous HOMM games that I would like to see in this game:
- No more "week of "creature" that spawned creature all over the map? this was fun, why not take it back?
- thives guild &lt;-- This was important in multiplayer : knowing your ennemy is part of the strategy!

What we need to improve the game experience:
- No more flickering of the mouse &lt;-- Very annoying
- Possibility to rotate the camera &lt;-- We have some very beautiful maps but we can't turn the camera http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
- Possibility to turn off town and dwelling conversion animation &lt;-- This is taking to much time for nothing, maybe keep the first one of the game but we don't need to see each conversion...

That's it for me, if you guys have something to say, go ahead!

This is a great game! have fun!

Dasher3
10-14-2011, 06:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">- Possibility to turn off town and dwelling conversion animation &lt;-- This is taking to much time for nothing, maybe keep the first one of the game but we don't need to see each conversion... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Good post.

About the town conversion... early in the beta there was an option to turn it off, which I did. Later on, the option was no longer there, but the animation stayed off. I've only played the first three campaigns, but I sure wish I could turn it off again. Even though it is more sped up and appears to be customized by faction. So like you said... once a map should be enough.

bloodraven43
10-14-2011, 06:15 PM
rotating the camera is a real good patch..hell sometimes i miss something and have to go back and get it...why would a game nowadays be stuck with one view..stupid..like i said on another post this game was rushed out to pasture by ubisoft.hope they patch it next week and yeah this game is awesome.

danielop1989
10-14-2011, 06:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">- No more "week of "creature" that spawned creature all over the map? this was fun, why not take it back? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
i actually don't think its a good idea, i like the weeks like they are right now with bonuses and penalties, its the best.
other then that agree with you in all subjects.

Adanater
10-14-2011, 07:06 PM
In order of priority

1. Fix crash error, there is a registry fix out there, but who knows how many people have the issue but don't come on this forum? Can't leave such a crippling error out there that needs you personally to add something to your computer to get it to work.

2. Fix cursor flicker, its like its having an epletic seizure, and also its also not very safe for somebody who actually does have eplepsy, as rapid flickering can bring on seizures.

3. Fix in game graphical errors , some people have reported having black areas where the graphics just haven't appeared. Or people who only see white boxes.

4. Fix sound, it speeds up when you increase speed. And also fix the unit sounds... why do all my Haven troops sound like girls?

dplehwalder
10-14-2011, 07:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
- Possibility to turn off town and dwelling conversion animation &lt;-- This is taking to much time for nothing, maybe keep the first one of the game but we don't need to see each conversion...
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This needs to be implemented ASAP!!! You could turn off in beta, so why did they remove the option in the release version???

Mryth01
10-14-2011, 08:58 PM
@BelRi0se
You actually can rotate camera with CTRL+left/right arrow, still not as good rotation as was in H5 but there it is.

I agree with both lists 'to improve' in patches, also I might add:
- Make artifact vendor remember its stock (now You can save/load for new stuff and pick artefacts You want, this is especially useful for Necro/Inferno becouse...)
- Do something about in-town Artifact Vendors (maybe give everyone? as simple as that**), becouse now whenever I play Sanct/Haven/Stronghold, I just convert like crazy, unlike Inferno/Necro (to access sell/buy artifacts, also using exploit about to get most of arti merchant before conversion).

I think at least the first one could be easy to fix.

I could go on with some balance issues but I feel like this patch should be more tech-issue oriented (with all those crashes, mouse issues and speed-up voice). Game is really good but those crashes sometimes get frustrating.

** Sanct/Haven/Stronghold has marketplace "upgradable" (artifact vendor)
Necro has tavern "upgradable" (but price is waaaaay too much and usefullness is limited at best)
Inferno has none

bloodraven43
10-14-2011, 10:13 PM
control plus left right arrow?? that sucks...damn middle mouse and spin..whole wants to do all that.its like a windows 98 game in 2011...geez

Whatsupbrah
10-14-2011, 10:16 PM
what about an option in the menu that gets you your 49.99 back?

Giya_Fortunatus
10-14-2011, 10:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What we need from the previous HOMM games:
- In combat when hover the mouse over a creature, highlight it in ATB &lt;-- very important because right now we can't be sure which creature is going to play if there are more than one stack of the same creature </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not exactly the same but if you mouse over the unit in the ATB, you can see its movement range. By looking at that you can deduce which enemy is actually going in what order. Would still love to see the proposed addition mentioned by the OP but hope this helps!

shop6C136F069
10-14-2011, 11:32 PM
One option i was thinking they could do is, make it able to see your allied combat option advisable. Cause its quite boring just sitting there waiting for the person to finsih.

Mist_Weaver
10-14-2011, 11:39 PM
In addition to the enemy highlight on ATB while mousing over one, I'd love it if heroes with the Tactics skill defaulted to the last deployment scheme as they did during HoMMV. Would save me some time and (minor) frustration.

Arcane_Weapon
10-15-2011, 01:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
- In combat when hover the mouse over a creature, highlight it in ATB &lt;-- very important because right now we can't be sure which creature is going to play if there are more than one stack of the same creature
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just so you know this is sorta in. If you hover over the ATB the creature will highlight. Obviously it'd be nice to have both, but until they add it you can use this method.

Bultreys
10-15-2011, 04:19 AM
Fix the mouse flicker. Nothing I can do can get rid of it. This issue is so ridiculous I cannot stand to play for more than 30 seconds. Days after launch and no patch? If I thought I could get my money back from steam at this point I would. If it's not fixed in a couple more days I'll be trying.

Atalanth
10-15-2011, 05:52 AM
the camera can be rotated with Supr and AvPag tabs.

computerlame
10-15-2011, 06:42 AM
1)need more information (how much income do u have combined from all towns & mines; how much creatures will grow next week; what exactly stats give; what does abilities on dinasty weapons give)
2)fort upgreades should NOT increase champion unit growth (thats a +3 growth from a fort only per town)

shepherder
10-16-2011, 05:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">- No more "week of "creature" that spawned creature all over the map? this was fun, why not take it back? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So true!! Totally made the game wild http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif. After all, the game is meant to be tactical around the random events, and this one is one of the best. Week of the dragon at week 3 was one of my fav once ^^.

Please put it back in, thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

CormacClian
10-16-2011, 05:12 AM
1 - change this aweful Town chart - this is just incredible...
2 - campaign bugs - this is REALLY anooying to repeat mission after almost finished it
3 - freezes during battles before some annimation will have place - this is ****ing me off like hell

Mercury92
10-16-2011, 05:40 AM
Lol. Game doesn't even start.
Black Screen and Not Responding.

blizzrd33
10-16-2011, 06:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dasher3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">- Possibility to turn off town and dwelling conversion animation &lt;-- This is taking to much time for nothing, maybe keep the first one of the game but we don't need to see each conversion... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Good post.

About the town conversion... early in the beta there was an option to turn it off, which I did. Later on, the option was no longer there, but the animation stayed off. I've only played the first three campaigns, but I sure wish I could turn it off again. Even though it is more sped up and appears to be customized by faction. So like you said... once a map should be enough. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To turn off this feature:

Open the ProfileData.xlm file in your Documents\Heroes VI folder using Notepad.

Search for and change the following string:

&lt;adv_ConversionScene&gt;true&lt;/adv_ConversionScene&gt;

to

&lt;adv_ConversionScene&gt;false&lt;/adv_ConversionScene&gt;

There are a bunch of other features that you can turn on/off in the same way, including the opening video.

Gom3R.
10-16-2011, 07:10 AM
The feature that you can rebuy your dead hero should not be in the game. Atleast it should be very very expensive to rebuy the hero. Also the buy your "surrender" where you keep your troops should come back. Great features taken away from us.

elidaman198
10-16-2011, 07:24 AM
BTw, Anyone know when the next patch is coming or being worked on?

Shark181818
10-16-2011, 07:30 AM
Don't returns us to the main menu and throw out our game progress just because the worthless ubisoft servers can't hold a connection! At least allow a degree of offline play after logging in once, or give us a standby screen that allows us to stay and attempt to reconnect.

Angry.Machine
10-16-2011, 09:24 AM
We need :

- Anti-Aliasing

- Mouse bug fix

LuckTR
10-16-2011, 11:02 AM
all of the above plus the much needed glorifying interactive town screen. First of all it enforces faction identity and simply feels mighty glorious once you enter your maxed out Haven town (in HOMAM V). True safe heaven away from the wild http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

MasterKroket
10-16-2011, 11:18 AM
I'll add:

Ability to save unlimited times. I know you are connected to conflux but i want to be able save an unlimited amount of times...

Very Easy mode - seriously Easy = Hard (eg casual gamer can win but has to think what to do)
Normal = very hard Hard = insane (thats my feeling so far)

I wouldnt mind the Town Screen upgrade either http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
I would also prefer more building but i doubt that is ever going to happen...

BrolyLSSJ5
10-16-2011, 12:08 PM
What we need in the next patch? Seriously?
Solmyr with an Armaggedon's Blade casting a storm of Chain-Armaggedons on bugs, that's what we ALL need.
And ONLY THEN, let's talk about what to add in the game, shall we?

Hope to see the devs around soon...

Zanosan
10-16-2011, 12:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The feature that you can rebuy your dead hero should not be in the game. Atleast it should be very very expensive to rebuy the hero. Also the buy your "surrender" where you keep your troops should come back. Great features taken away from us. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To futher MariusTrones's idea about re-hiring heroes after they retreated and so on, I agree.

And in addition, the surrender/ diplomacy option should become a viable alternative choice in combat.

At the same time, the act of retreating itself shouldn't be a sure thing. In other RPG games, if a player chooses to "risk" a retreat, it may or maynot be sucessful, if sucessful, they the hero does get away, but if not then the hero and it's army should be at a dis-advantage like maybe losing a turn or something giving the opposing army a chance to finish them off! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

Mr.Ventura
10-16-2011, 12:42 PM
Well done, nice post^^

Izichial
10-16-2011, 01:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BrolyLSSJ5:

Hope to see the devs around soon... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh, optimist. The only dev that ever posted on these forums did that less than a dozen times and went into hiding once beta became accessible through pre-purchase. Or so I gathered when I went actively searching for dev posts back in the "beta".

I doubt they even read these forums much if at all considering f.e. how widely known bugs like the Week of Plague one are still in the game through 3+ beta patches and into release.

Nice work OP / people who added to the list anyway.

I'd add offline play (with dynasty and progression available) in general and getting rid of the UBISoft Launcher in particular (logged in through Steam, logged in through the launcher then logged in through Conflux as well... what?) but there's not a chance in hell that'll happen. I don't give a damn that someone plays offline with a trainer that gives him unlimited dynasty xp and every achivement in the game, I do however give a damn when UBI's servers go down and I can't use half the features in a game I've paid for some of which I consider essential to playing.

It's also particularly annoying confirming that you want to quit to desktop and instead having the UBIsoft Launcher pop up on game exit with a useless after game report (thanks UBI, I know how to check the time) with an attached dialogue to redeem UPlay points. And a link to their Facebook. Who the hell comes up with these things AND thinks we actually want to see it every time we play?

Schlee
10-16-2011, 01:31 PM
Here's few:
- Option to toggle off info on stacks (for neutral creatures the threat level, and for resources the amount of 'em), bring visions back for that.
- Some balance to the harder difficulty settings (at least with hotseat matches, I haven't started on the campaigns yet), the neutral creatures are far too easily and fast overwhelmed and resources and gold are too plenty (and easily) available, which lessens the fun and challenge on exploring the maps.
- Option in the difficultysettings for slower leveling.
- Forced leveling.
- Balance out the abilities and possibilities to increase creaturegrowth in the castles -- too many of those too readily available, imo.

Rawhidekid11
10-16-2011, 02:02 PM
I will be happy if the sound will just work period. Game is lame with no sound.

BrolyLSSJ5
10-17-2011, 02:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Izichial:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BrolyLSSJ5:

Hope to see the devs around soon... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh, optimist. The only dev that ever posted on these forums did that less than a dozen times and went into hiding once beta became accessible through pre-purchase. Or so I gathered when I went actively searching for dev posts back in the "beta".

I doubt they even read these forums much if at all considering f.e. how widely known bugs like the Week of Plague one are still in the game through 3+ beta patches and into release. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I've been in the beta, and is sad to say that the RELEASE version is not much different from the beta. Why?? With a <span class="ev_code_RED">4</span> months release delay (from June to October), why the game is still such a mess? I'm not complaining about the delay: in fact, in my opinion, devs needed more time to finish the game, but October was just too late and releasing the game in November would have crushed the sale because of -at least- two triple A game who are going to be released on that month.

However, I believe the game is selling well (please thank the Might&Magic name and his fans, BlackHole) and devs will support the game for a long time. It's only a matter of time but hell, BlackHole didn't do an enough good work for the release.
The game is very good but it would be GREAT in a bug-free form. I don't understand why they ruined their own reputation as game studio in that way.

darkblade213
10-17-2011, 02:30 AM
http://www.mediafire.com/?1oaqlpnqq9fvxzv

fixes blinking cursor just copy paste the exe u dled and replace the 1 in ur game directory works 100% lol untill they come out with a patch to fix it

hope it eases ur minds lol i know the blinking cursor bug bugged the hell outa me to fixed now the devs will fix it in next patch im sure but this works till then

Kahvikuppo
10-17-2011, 04:51 AM
And no word of Random map? It kinda tires the little play-group (of me and friends) that we gotta play pre-defined maps.

I'm sure though that they'll add Random map seed eventually and yes... in Heroes Random goes with a capital 'R'.

Caithor
10-17-2011, 05:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Angry.Machine:
We need :

- Anti-Aliasing

- Mouse bug fix </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This, especially the first one.

dimvision
10-17-2011, 05:37 AM
I think they need to fix all of the bugs first, the game is currently unplayable... too many game breaking bugs

LastMystic
10-17-2011, 05:46 AM
Since luck doesn't work properly, hope it will be fixed in the next patch.
I mean when stack strikes first with luck we can see luck animation (golden horseshoe), but there is no increased damage. It does work only when a stack retaliates.

jorgenhyl
10-17-2011, 06:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shark181818:
Don't returns us to the main menu and throw out our game progress just because the worthless ubisoft servers can't hold a connection! At least allow a degree of offline play after logging in once, or give us a standby screen that allows us to stay and attempt to reconnect. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This.

It's so damned annoying to get booted out to the main menu at the most inopportune times just because of a DC that lasts, what, a tenth of a second? Nine out of ten times I can just click the button and reconnect -immediately-.

ledgerhs
10-17-2011, 06:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It's so damned annoying to get booted out to the main menu at the most inopportune times just because of a DC that lasts, what, a tenth of a second? Nine out of ten times I can just click the button and reconnect -immediately-. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I only get this when I'm downloading stuff from torrents. :P Otherwise the connection is rock solid.

The only thing I'd hope for is a major patch that focuses solely on improving existing hero skills/abilities. :/ more on that @ http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1060878/m/6781085459 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5861060878/m/6781085459)

Borellun
10-17-2011, 07:21 AM
they must fix blinking cursor and luck issues
And maybe to add RMG (Random Map Generator)

Nazrudin
10-17-2011, 08:44 AM
Good post! Many valid points but this has probably been mention but if not here it goes.

We need to be able to watch other players battles (as an option) in start and mid game having to just watch your buddy horse standing is is pretty much sucks. Sure you can look around the area meanwhile but thats easy done in just 1 round and the interface is quite limited so you can't look at your hero or anything while waiting. Havin to watch your buddy fight would be much more time passing but hey maby thats just me. (Feels like playing singel player in multiplayer..)

dimvision
10-17-2011, 10:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nazrudin:
Good post! Many valid points but this has probably been mention but if not here it goes.

We need to be able to watch other players battles (as an option) in start and mid game having to just watch your buddy horse standing is is pretty much sucks. Sure you can look around the area meanwhile but thats easy done in just 1 round and the interface is quite limited so you can't look at your hero or anything while waiting. Havin to watch your buddy fight would be much more time passing but hey maby thats just me. (Feels like playing singel player in multiplayer..) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This has been suggested many times before on previous HOMM titles.... I don't see this one happening because you can see what creatures do they have, what abilities, spells etc....

Nazrudin
10-17-2011, 10:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dimvision:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nazrudin:

We need to be able to watch other players battles (as an option) in start and mid game having to just watch your buddy horse standing is is pretty much sucks. Sure you can look around the area meanwhile but thats easy done in just 1 round and the interface is quite limited so you can't look at your hero or anything while waiting. Havin to watch your buddy fight would be much more time passing but hey maby thats just me. (Feels like playing singel player in multiplayer..) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This has been suggested many times before on previous HOMM titles.... I don't see this one happening because you can see what creatures do they have, what abilities, spells etc.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes of course but having to watch the fight is MUCH more enjoyable than just to watch a horse.. I just tab out while fighting is being done and thats sad.. Having to watch is also a big teamplay feeling in the game.. man as dev I can't believe this is not in (As in devs arent gamers just office rats)