PDA

View Full Version : mouse problems in Il2 FB

Sven6345789
11-20-2004, 12:56 PM
installed Il2 FB today. tried to run the game but ran over the same problem i already had in Il2. The mouse "stutters", jumping to the place i drag it. System is able to handle the game. It is not a system problem. I tried to tune down the graphics but still no use. The problem is that you cannot really play the game, since you need 5 minutes to hit a spot. As i said before, i ran into the same problem in Il2, and after changing something, the game worked without problems. I just don't know anymore what it was i changed. Anyone have an idea?

Taylortony
11-20-2004, 05:15 PM
i have a cordless optical logitech one, and it had a selection that disabled acceleration in games in its software settings........ i unticked that in Call of duty to fix this type of problem is that it?

Von_Zero
11-21-2004, 02:18 AM
u have the same problem while in Windows or in other problem?
if u use an optical mouse, just disable the mouse drivers from starting up when windows starts, unless they have some "new and outstanding" feature that u need, they are useless Win XP can make the mouse work ithout the boxed drivers.

F19_Orheim
11-21-2004, 01:53 PM
Well the mouse problem has been with me for quite some time... More do after a few of the released gamepatches. Sometimes after starting the game the mouse won't move so I have to ALT+TAB myself to the desktop and back to the game again... after that the mouse for some reason starts to work again.... Does anyone have an explanation/solution?

Capt.LoneRanger
11-21-2004, 02:09 PM
@ Orheim:

There is another process running in the background that steals the "focus". Maybe a firewall-message, memory-manager or something?

It also happens if you click on the desktop or another window after starting the program. You can minimize this by clicking on the splash-screen while IL2 is starting.

@Mouse-Problem
There are various possible causes.
1. Memory.
Flying and turning needs less memory than suddenly moving the mouse to a certain position - this is not a problem, if it occurs even after the third or fourth time you turn your head at this area.
2. Mouse-Lag.
Mouselag is usually a problem in Ego-Shooters and it comes from the wrong idea, that the AGP-aparature-size-setting in the BIOS must be equal or more than the onboard memory. That is wrong and may lead to mouselag.
3. Probably the best tip:
Defrag your system drive and your game partition!!!

LEXX_Luthor
11-21-2004, 07:39 PM
Could be grafix related. Sounds like the mouse problem I had when running FB under OpenGL option when I had my old Trident integrated motherboard video. This caused me severe mouse stickling when running in OpenGL--DirectX worked fine under this.