PDA

View Full Version : Rewind a track?

MisterMark
08-04-2008, 09:07 PM
Is it possible to rewind a track recorded in Il2? Seems like it would be a handy feature.

MisterMark
08-04-2008, 09:07 PM
Is it possible to rewind a track recorded in Il2? Seems like it would be a handy feature.

PF_Coastie
08-04-2008, 09:12 PM
Nope, just Pause, slow by 1/2, 1/4 speed and fast forward 2,4 and 8x.

ImMoreBetter
08-04-2008, 09:24 PM
Programing wise, rewinding is more difficult that you think.

ffb
08-04-2008, 09:57 PM
Impossible......(until someone finds a way to do it)

It isn't a movie....a track is merely playing the mission through again, but uses recorded inputs for the user movements...

K_Freddie
08-05-2008, 08:17 AM
AFAIK, or sort of worked out over the years - In order to 'compress' the track files in real time without effecting game play FPS's, the track files record 'relative' or event info.
IOW the next bit of info is relative to the previous timestamp/event.

This is evident when you replay the track many times, you'll find that there are timing discrepencies between the replays - ie: sometimes a shell hits, sometimes it doesn't, but the target still sustains damage (this is recorded).

SO from this we can see that the track replay uses the game engine running forward in time.
To rewind, you'd have to reprogram EVERYTHING in reverse time (the negative). This may sound simple, but believe me this is a major effort for a game of this complexity.

It'd would be nice to have, say gun-camera recordings that record specific info - this way one would be able to rewind and play as much as one would like to.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

buzzsaw1939
08-05-2008, 09:43 AM
Well now!.... that sure explains why I can't make a track of a track! and send it to somebody, or watch it from different angles, I was wondering if I had a virus or sumpin. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

M_Gunz
08-05-2008, 11:47 AM
You can quit playing a track by exiting out of it and then play that track again.
That's about it.

M_Gunz
08-05-2008, 11:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by buzzsaw1939:
Well now!.... that sure explains why I can't make a track of a track! and send it to somebody, or watch it from different angles, I was wondering if I had a virus or sumpin. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try making ntrks, the kind you start and end while you're playing instead of the ones where you
finish playing and then choose to make a track of the whole thing. The start and stop keys have
to be set up in the Controls section, IIRC. Those tracks have every so far position information
so the action doesn't get out of synch. They are also the only kind you can make online.

Track of a track is or was possible, it's how IL2 movies get made.

idonno
08-05-2008, 12:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by buzzsaw1939:
Well now!.... that sure explains why I can't make a track of a track! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can record tracks from both .TRK's and .ntrk's, but if you have the Inflight Messages switch in the off position you won't get the Start Recording message.