PDA

View Full Version : unofficial 4.09 Ded Server is out!!!

xTHRUDx
11-23-2008, 07:11 PM
This is an historic moment. For many people, this is not just a game, but an entire ongoing hobby. A hobby to correct historical inaccuracies and omissions so that we can recreate, as accurately as possible, the events of this era. Just as the mods allowed us to correct those things, the Dedicated Server will allow us to share this new sim with others that share our passion for WW2 aviation but have not discoverd this sim yet or are, perhaps too shy to come online.

Just think how the world of LAN parties, online wars, and themed servers has just become larger.
It's like going from "over the air" TV to Digital Cable. Soon there will be many choices of battles to fight and more people to do them with.

Again, Bravo to all invovled.

find it on the "other" site

xTHRUDx
11-23-2008, 07:11 PM
This is an historic moment. For many people, this is not just a game, but an entire ongoing hobby. A hobby to correct historical inaccuracies and omissions so that we can recreate, as accurately as possible, the events of this era. Just as the mods allowed us to correct those things, the Dedicated Server will allow us to share this new sim with others that share our passion for WW2 aviation but have not discoverd this sim yet or are, perhaps too shy to come online.

Just think how the world of LAN parties, online wars, and themed servers has just become larger.
It's like going from "over the air" TV to Digital Cable. Soon there will be many choices of battles to fight and more people to do them with.

Again, Bravo to all invovled.

find it on the "other" site

skarden
11-23-2008, 07:25 PM
Friggin A!!! I'v beem waiting a while for this and all gunna be sweet! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif

TX-Gunslinger
11-23-2008, 07:52 PM
Thanks Thrud!!!

Indeed, it is a historic accomplishment. World of new maps and things..

S~

Gunny

K_Freddie
11-23-2008, 11:15 PM
LINKy

xTHRUDx
11-24-2008, 12:47 AM
the powers that be don't allow us to link, as a result, all of this site's viewership and advertising potential is being used at the AAA site.

Feathered_IV
11-24-2008, 01:57 AM
This is pretty big news. Congrtatulations to the creators. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif

Could be a long time before it becomes generally adopted though. Flight sim fans are a funny lot. Always crying out for more, yet frightened of change. Expect renewed hysteria over the pros and cons of this fresh innovation.

JG52Uther
11-24-2008, 04:11 AM
This is potentially huge news.

VMF-214_HaVoK
11-24-2008, 05:53 PM
BUMPAGE! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Billy_DeLyon
11-24-2008, 08:57 PM
Sweet. I (heart) the Slovakia map!

Skoshi Tiger
11-24-2008, 09:01 PM
Thats great. If it works theres one less thing for Oleg to worry about. All complaints and issues to be forwarded to Modders.

I wonder how long it will take the servers on hyperloby to change over. might have to download the 4.09B in anticipation.

VMF-214_HaVoK
11-24-2008, 09:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skoshi Tiger:If it works theres one less thing for Oleg to worry about. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont think Oleg was ever worried about 4.09 or its dedicated server.

S!

blairgowrie
11-25-2008, 09:01 AM
Sorry to be dense about this but I don't understand what this is all about. I have visited the AAA site and read all the threads but I still don't understand. One of threads says that you need the 4.09 server if you are hosting but I host coops all the time on 4.09m. What is so different about this new feature? Is it the ability to track individual stats etc?

Could someone please explain how this all works?

Many thanks

SlickStick
11-25-2008, 09:45 AM
Although, I didn't actually go look and see, I'm pretty sure they are referring to Dedicated Server software for V4.09m beta, BG.

It doesn't apply to hosting a direct server, like you do, it's for setting up one of the servers that sit on HL and track stats, etc. IIRC, it is also required to be able to run FBDaemon @ V4.09mb or that other dedicated software IL2SC. Provided those two softwares have been updated to use V4.09mb as well, I suppose.

blairgowrie
11-25-2008, 09:53 AM
Thanks Slick. I get it now.