PDA

View Full Version : what happend here?

Supr
01-19-2005, 10:55 AM
wow, did this forum turn into the counter strike forum or what? Bickering and little kid rants abound. Holy cow guys, this game cost less then a decent dinner out. Do you scream like this when your steak is not up to your expectations of perfection? Do you threaten to sue the burger joint because the picture on the menu board doesnt look exactly like the burger on the tray? It seems like this forum is full of this "NOW" generation, with some obscene sense of entitlement. When and where did this sense of entitlement come from? I never had it, my friends never had it, and i guess now I have to pray my kids dont have it. I know the game may be missing a couple of planes, but still, its just cheap entertainment software. Its not some billion dollar military simulator that your 30 bucks paid for. The game makers are not obligated in any way to provide that for you. In fact, they have gone far and above their obligations since this series was introduced. And tell me, when exactly did oleg become the bad guy? I guess he should have made PF only an expansion pack instead of a stand alone. After all, there is no shortage planes to fly in the merged install. Hell, i bet very few have actually flown them all. Maybe we should all just go back and install the original il2 again. It was so much nicer back then.

Blackdog5555
01-19-2005, 11:43 AM
LOL, yes some forum ppl are either ranting, complaining or scolding (hmm). And the Forum is full of "Forum Police". I just read a post where the developers were scolded for not having italian planes in the PTO. Now, That could be on the Comedy Channel. ROGLMAO, Now if the Japanese only had the Machi 202 to help them defend their Homeland. To me, its funny. unless it gets political. Look at the funny side. cheers!

crashmaster4000
01-19-2005, 12:30 PM
the complaining and the generally poor attitude on these forums is what keeps me from participating any more than asking tech-related questions. Welcome to Humanity.

Capt._Tenneal
01-19-2005, 01:01 PM
And what have you just done ? Isn't this whining about the whining http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif ? People in glass houses shoudn't throw stones (and all that). http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Peace.

Tallyho1961
01-19-2005, 01:07 PM
You hit the nail on the head, Supr - a misguided sense of entitlement seems to be the root motivator behind all this. Like you, it would never occur to me to react the way some here do.

Imagine if there was no internet. We'd have all bought the sim and be home simming in isolation. No patches. No skins. No nifty utilities. No missions. No online play. No community. A lot less fun.

Thanks to technology we have all that and a sim that the developers - just human beings after all - keep working on long after the sale has been made. Try to find a similar situation anywhere else. I can't think of one.

The irony is that the same technology that makes all this spontaneity and interactivity possible has nurtured this unusual sense of entitlement, which you identified, and provided the means to capture and display the results.

I take comfort in the knowledge that there is a core group here made up of reasonable, mature, helpful flight simulation enthusiasts. They're why I visit these forums and fly this sim.

Take care.

cwojackson
01-19-2005, 04:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Supr:
Do you scream like this when your steak is not up to your expectations of perfection? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Scream? Hardly, but I do send it back and expect them to correct their mistake in a timely fashion. In this case, back in November the waiter said the mushrooms I ordered with my steak would be out in two minutes...he couldn't carry them along with the steak.

heywooood
01-19-2005, 05:29 PM
some complaints are valid...it has taken some time for 1c to get PF patches out...we are still waiting for some addons that may or may not have been included at original release...

But, 1c has always delivered....eventually.

And this will be no exception. Too bad we will only remember these harsh words when the really good stuff comes along.

Now, if it ends up being a paid addon instead of a free patch, well....after all this over-the-top histrionics, don't be surprised.

Either way - free or pay - we will get more content for PF, be sure.

Cloudy_
01-19-2005, 05:34 PM
Intelligent comments Supr & Tallyho1961. It's nice to hear voices of reason in the wilderness. In fact, it's finally motivated me to register with this forum after lurking for ages!

Slingn
01-19-2005, 07:06 PM
as one who know the CS/hl2 forums, believe me, this aint no CSS forum. Maybe closer than it used to be, but a long way from it. If you want to see a sense of entitlement, go there and see how a bunch of 14 yr olds act.

Oh, and, as one who's also been in the restaurant business, dont piss off the people that cook your food. Trust me on that

heywooood
01-19-2005, 08:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cloudy_:
Intelligent comments Supr & Tallyho1961. It's nice to hear voices of reason in the wilderness. In fact, it's finally motivated me to register with this forum after lurking for ages! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wecome Cloudy !

Have you noticed better frame rates with 3.04?

HelSqnProtos
01-19-2005, 08:13 PM
The fanboys are out. People have a right to descent. Far too many forum police around here, telling us what we should think, how we should post ect..... Yes it is a MAGNIFICENT game, but it is that way in no small measure from the efforts of this fabulous community. If we don't let the developers know when we are not happy they will not respond to our needs. The reason IL2 series is so great is that feedback is actually acted upon. That is especially true of negative feedback so stop with the fanboy stuff and lets work with Oleg and 1c to improve the game. Where would it be today without all the negative feedback???? Oleg reads these forums and answers the emails for a reason. He listens to his customers when they have concerns, BECAUSE ITS SMART.

Krt_Bong
01-19-2005, 08:56 PM
You know I feel the same way it's incredible the way people these days complain about what they expect the developers to do for them. It isn't just in the forums it extends all the way to hyperlobby I got this game because I wanted a good flight sim and because I have a special affection for warbirds. I found quite by accident a website that was for a group flying this sim and they encouraged me to join them, I did and it has been a great experience. They are a mixed group of people joined by common interest who like to fly realistic missions that are well put together and encourage input from the members and non-members alike. Anyone who would like to get in and play is welcome to check it out www.warbirdsofprey.org (http://www.warbirdsofprey.org) (check out the screenshots )and the server IP 69.9.37.146:21004 this is also the Teamspeak IP there are some really cool missions to play and after you have played some of them you may never want to play anywhere else. I have gotten to know a few of these guys and they are always willing to stop what they are doing to help anyone who wants to fly to get their system running smoother to listen to their ideas for missions and generally make the experience a good one, they run full real but of late have even allowed a few concessions there to gain more players on the server. If you really like to fly this game you owe it to yourself to jump on and check it out!

Maple_Tiger
01-19-2005, 09:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Capt._Tenneal:
And what have you just done ? Isn't this whining about the whining http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif ? People in glass houses shoudn't throw stones (and all that). http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Peace. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now I'm whining because you is whining about them whiners. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

sapre
01-19-2005, 09:33 PM
I'd really want to know who is the a**hole that wrote "flyable betty" on the back of the package.

WUAF_Badsight
01-19-2005, 09:42 PM
pacific Fighters isnt as "full" as it really should be

but to complain about a patch which isnt what you expected is entirely different

Cloudy_
01-20-2005, 12:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by heywooood:
Wecome Cloudy !

Have you noticed better frame rates with 3.04? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you, it's really great to be here ;-) I can't say that I've seen any increase in framerates with my Nvidia FX5900. I think the readme mentioned something about ATI cards so perhaps it helped those folks more.

And just for the record, I'm not a fanboy of Il-2 (don't hate me but I like the Do-335 in CFS3) but it annoys me reading all the "you didn't do this" or "you promised such & such plane and it's not here yet" sort of posts with each patch release. I'm personally quite pleased with the fact that the patches keep coming. I don't know how many flawed games I own that the producers dropped support for. In some instances, the fans had to write their own game patches!

Perhaps my sights are set a bit lower but I'm quite happy to fly/crash the A-20G and anything else is gravy.http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Come to think of it, the A-20G doesn't seem to be able to take a lot of damage - perhaps it's damage model needs to be tweaked... (sarcasm).

And just for general info, I'm reading "Warpath Across the Pacific" which is about the 345th Bomb Group and their B-25's. There are several things that have struck me in this excellent narrative. One being that for the most part, the Japanese fighters that got through to the B-25's seemed to be almost ineffectual and another being that the gunners on the B-25's - even allowing for inflation, were shooting down fighters left and right.

Another thing quite interesting was that a large number of B-25's could not maintain unladen flight on one engine. It seems like in the majority of instances when the engine was hit & leaking oil, the pilot would try to get as much mileage from it as possible before he had to shut it down. The oil reservoir for feathering the prop was also usually damaged when the engine was hit so that one couldn't feather the propeller when the engine died. The resulting drag would eventually cause the ditching of the aircraft.

I would recommend this book as an interesting and sober read. The combat photos are stunning and it's really sad when you see a photo of the crew of an aircraft on one page and a page or two later is a combat photo showing a gasoline-fueled mushroom cloud and"Lt.So and So's B-25 after it crashed into a hillside".

As an aside, a B-25 pilot mentioned that in a combined A-20/B-25 airfield attack, an A-20 was getting way ahead of the group so he looped his aircraft back into the formation! The Army A-20 checkout video on a free website (forgot which)stated that aerobatic maneuvers were forbidden because the aircraft wasn't stressed for it. This only goes to show that what's in the book isn't always the way something is utilised in combat. Sorry for rambling.

Tiger27
01-20-2005, 02:12 AM
I loved this game on release three years ago and I still love it today, we get some patches that arent the best, some brilliant ones and occasionally the bonus of some added planes but the one thing that hasnt changed is that by the end of each update it was running well for the majority and most things promised and many unpromised were usually delivered, the support has surpassed any other product I have come across bar none. So if we have to wait a bit longer for a couple of extra planes to add to what is probably the longest list of stock planes in the history of flight sims, then I for one have no complaint. Its cost me a total of about $200aus in three years of solid entertainment, I just cant understand why people are so often dissapointed with what they didnt get instead of looking at what is already there, sad really.
Anyway Im off to fly I honestly cant stand reading all the constant complaining regarding this sim, so its nice to see these type of posts which I feel reflect the silent majorities voice more than the thousands of complaints that appear on the forums.
Have fun all those that want too!

woofiedog
01-20-2005, 04:15 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif Tiger27!

BlitzPig_Rivet
01-20-2005, 05:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Supr:
wow, did this forum turn into the counter strike forum or what? Bickering and little kid rants abound. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You only just noticed? It's been like that for a long long time, (we're including all forum categories here are we?)

There was a time when these forums were frequented by people who were enthusiastic about the original game (IL-2 Sturmovik), and were very grateful for it, because what else was there worth playing in the combat flight sim genre? Any passable ones were getting a bit long in the tooth by that stage.

These people also made friendly discussion, and made suggestions and requests to the developers in a polite manner - not demands and whining rants. Compared to other game forums, we were also in the envious position of having Oleg Maddox (the head of 1c Maddox Games, in case you'd forgotten) take the time and trouble from his undoubtedly busy schedule to actually read and reply to our requests and suggestions. Oh yes, there was a little constructive criticism too.

I notice that he has voiced his displeasure on these forums more than once, which indicates to me that he is becoming extremely ticked off with the attitudes around here. I don't blame him. All he has ever done is try to give us what we want, and still he gets "Oleg you is wrong". Ok, the man is only human (not God) and is therefore not infallable, however, he does appear to have the patience of a Saint but even that appears to be wearing thin. Think you could do better than 1c Maddox? Go ahead, give it a try - I won't hold my breath.

No, I am not a "fanboy" which appears to be a popular derogatory term these days - I am merely appreciative of the work and dedication of the 1c Maddox team in giving a much needed boost to a flagging game genre.

The "I'm right and everybody else is wrong, including Oleg" attitudes, strutting egos and political posturing around here do nothing for the health of these forums, or in fact for the game itself (dare I say game, or should it be sim)? Oh hell, it's a bunch of computer code.

You don't see me post around here very often as it's pretty much pointless now, and I realise nothing will change overnight if at all. Prevention is better than cure and once the rot has set in it's very difficult to eradicate.

I do like to visit these forums from time to time though as all the idiocy and flame fests etc. going on is entertaining in it's own right. Some posts are downright unbelievable. Better than any comic strip.

I mainly just play the er, game / sim / computer code. After all, that's what it's there for isn't it?

Toodle Pip

scottmal1
01-20-2005, 06:08 AM
here here BlitzPig, there will be a lot more whining when 1c says 'heres your eagerly awaited betty and the other planes, now bang it up your @rse'

Supr
01-20-2005, 06:38 AM
Thank you all. I see there is still hope. Only one jr. came in to toss out the "fanboy" line.

AnD once again, I'd like to say thanks to the developers for their continued support, and attention to the community of this game. At least some people understand its not like this in other games.

woofiedog
01-20-2005, 07:16 AM
To Supr and the Rest that have posted in this thread...
I myself have enjoyed this game for over 2 years.
I've changed my computer just to fit this game and learned how with the help from this forum.
I've changed my set-up's almost weekly... to get the most Eye Candy or less Studder with the help from the people who play IL-2 and are on the forum.
I've rushed out to the store's... I don't know how many times just to get my hands on the New And-Improved Copy with all the New Add-On's... Wind, Rain, Snow or Sleet.
I've communicated with people around the Globe... a chance I would never have dreamed of in my youth.
I've spend... I don't know more than I guess I should have sometimes.
I spend lots of time each week just to see if Uber-Demon or Ace's or Oleg is coming out with something New and Improved.
But the Bottom Line is... I have Enjoyed every Minute!

Cloudy_
01-20-2005, 11:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by woofiedog:
(snip) But the Bottom Line is... I have Enjoyed every Minute! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. I will be COMPLETELY satisfied when the day arrives that I achieve water=3 on my machine. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

woofiedog
01-20-2005, 03:52 PM
Cloudy_... Water=3... That's one of my in the future Hope's.
But I just recieved my TrackIR3 Pro... so this week-end can't come around fast enough to get this Puppy Dog running.

cwojackson
01-20-2005, 04:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by scottmal1:
here here BlitzPig, there will be a lot more whining when 1c says 'heres your eagerly awaited betty and the other planes, now bang it up your @rse' <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes, that's a very good way to promote healthy BoB sales. Bottom line, the combat flight sim community is very small. You and 1CMaddox need the "whiners".

These aren't people complaining about climb rates, weapons effectiveness or whether their pet plane is under modeled.

These are customers who are dissatisfied with a product, the very customers 1CMaddox needs to remain in business.

Slingn
01-20-2005, 04:37 PM
lol, Oleg needs the whiners? Now that€s funny.
I€m gonna go out on a limb here, but I think its pretty safe to say that most(no not all), but a lot of the whiners, especially those that whine the loudest, are just little kids, or teenagers without the income to even purchase the game, much less the hardware needed to run it. And further more, i bet several of them are just warez punks who have bought nothing and who don't have any right to be here , much less complain. Its fairly obvious when you see them start using terms like ghey, and leet, and fanboy. That pretty well sets their age group for you, dont you think? I dont know may adults that are offended when you call them "ghey". I think by the time your all "grown up" your pretty comfortable with your sexual orientation. No matter which way you play. After all, mortgage payments tend to toughen you up a bit.

Of course, all this is if this forum holds true to most other game forums, which i think was the point of this whole thread.

Oh, and welcome to the forums, maybe when you've been here more than a month, you'll have a different outlook.

Tallyho1961
01-20-2005, 04:58 PM
Right on Woofiedog! I've lived the same experience. And it's been great.

S!

cwojackson
01-20-2005, 10:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slingn:
lol, Oleg needs the whiners? Now that€s funny.
I€m gonna go out on a limb here, but I think its pretty safe to say that most(no not all), but a lot of the whiners, especially those that whine the loudest, are just little kids, or teenagers without the income to even purchase the game, much less the hardware needed to run it. And further more, i bet several of them are just warez punks who have bought nothing and who don't have any right to be here , much less complain. Its fairly obvious when you see them start using terms like ghey, and leet, and fanboy. That pretty well sets their age group for you, dont you think? I dont know may adults that are offended when you call them "ghey". I think by the time your all "grown up" your pretty comfortable with your sexual orientation. No matter which way you play. After all, mortgage payments tend to toughen you up a bit.

Of course, all this is if this forum holds true to most other game forums, which i think was the point of this whole thread.

Oh, and welcome to the forums, maybe when you've been here more than a month, you'll have a different outlook. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>If you compare the actually number of sales with the number of people who fly online and haunt these forums you will find yourself in the minority. The majority are simply buying a game to entertain themselves with and have no interest in the rest of what motivates your community.

It doesn't matter what age group or demographics you want to try and label them with, they are the consumers who will either keep 1CMaddox in business or not.

As for changing my tune in a month or so...doubtful. I pre-ordered PF from a local vendor because of the quality of IL2. When it arrived I noticed the game wasn't just short the Betty, but that there were other areas in which the game was utterly lacking; English ships at Pearl Harbor (my first flight and what a shock) and the lack of flyable carrier based torpedo aircraft, a critical oversight for a Pacific air war game.

So I came to this forum by way of checking for the update/patch and found that it would be provided two weeks after the U.S. release. That was in November...of last year.

No, my tune won't change in a month because I will have either downloaded the data that gives me the product I purchased and I won't need to make a daily visit to this forum or I will have pitched the PF discs into the waste bin and written it off.

Within a year there will be two releases of the Battle of Britain; one by 1CMaddox and one by Shockwave.

Shockwave enjoys a stirling reputation in the FS2004 community and will garner great support from those cross over simmers. If you believe that you and your forum friends and the online squadron members can carry the 1CMaddox offer on your own then you are indeed out on a limb.

Krt_Bong
01-20-2005, 11:27 PM
Before you pitch your copies of FB+AEP+PF find someone who truly loves those old warbirds and donate it to them I'm sure they'll appreciate it as it stands on it's own despite the few missing Aircraft that everyone thinks is the ruination of the entire package

cwojackson
01-21-2005, 12:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Krt_Bong:
Before you pitch your copies of FB+AEP+PF find someone who truly loves those old warbirds and donate it to them I'm sure they'll appreciate it as it stands on it's own despite the few missing Aircraft that everyone thinks is the ruination of the entire package <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>A few missing aircraft? The Betty aside, carrier based torpedo planes are a crucial element of the Pacific air war. Beyond that, there is the English Navy at Pearl and the lack luster campaign play. Why would I pass that on?

woofiedog
01-21-2005, 06:17 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif cwojackson quote... haunt these forums you will find yourself in the minority.
Sounds like you were right about One Thing! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Slingn
01-21-2005, 07:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cwojackson:
[QUOTE]If you compare the actually number of sales with the number of people who fly online and haunt these forums you will find yourself in the minority. The majority are simply buying a game to entertain themselves with and have no interest in the rest of what motivates your community.

It doesn't matter what age group or demographics you want to try and label them with, they are the consumers who will either keep 1CMaddox in business or not.

As for changing my tune in a month or so...doubtful. I pre-ordered PF from a local vendor because of the quality of IL2. When it arrived I noticed the game wasn't just short the Betty, but that there were other areas in which the game was utterly lacking; English ships at Pearl Harbor (my first flight and what a shock) and the lack of flyable carrier based torpedo aircraft, a critical oversight for a Pacific air war game.

So I came to this forum by way of checking for the update/patch and found that it would be provided two weeks after the U.S. release. That was in November...of last year.

No, my tune won't change in a month because I will have either downloaded the data that gives me the product I purchased and I won't need to make a daily visit to this forum or I will have pitched the PF discs into the waste bin and written it off.

Within a year there will be two releases of the Battle of Britain; one by 1CMaddox and one by Shockwave.

Shockwave enjoys a stirling reputation in the FS2004 community and will garner great support from those cross over simmers. If you believe that you and your forum friends and the online squadron members can carry the 1CMaddox offer on your own then you are indeed out on a limb. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, the majority is out there simply playing and enjoying the game, just like most do with any video game they buy. This forum, like most, does represent only a minority of game buyers. Very few of those that simply play and enjoy the game ever bother to come here, but just about every little smacktard out there, that think he's been unjustly wronged by this mega corporation, finds his way here to tell us how the game is **** and how he's gonna sue because he's been ripped by the man because there's a picture on the box of a plane that€s not in the game. And to top it off, even the low life warez punks like to come in and tell us how there not gonna buy the game because it suxors.

So go play fs2004, I'm sure you love it so. There€s nothing wrong with it. It€s just not my thing. BTW, i don€t go there to rant on about the support uncle bill likes to give his customers. I tell you what; maybe you and the other guy can go fly around the world together. he can navigate and you can control the auto pilot. Me, I€ve got some zeros to kill before the sink they royal navy docked at pearl.

KarayaEine
01-21-2005, 07:55 AM
The one nice thing about FS2004 is all the 3rd party add-ons (both freeware and payware) that are available. And I am not talking about just planes but scenery and weather and AI as well. At least FS provides tools to 3rd party folks to do their own thing and make the sim even better. If you did fly FS2004 you might be surprised at some of the high quality freeware that is available.

IMO that's what IL-2 needs now; the ability for 3rd party add ons. I think if this happened then things could only get better.

Johann

Philipscdrw
01-21-2005, 08:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KarayaEine:
The one nice thing about FS2004 is all the 3rd party add-ons (both freeware and payware) that are available. And I am not talking about just planes but scenery and weather and AI as well. At least FS provides tools to 3rd party folks to do their own thing and make the sim even better. If you did fly FS2004 you might be surprised at some of the high quality freeware that is available.

IMO that's what IL-2 needs now; the ability for 3rd party add ons. I think if this happened then things could only get better.

Johann <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, FS2004 is great, but it's a very different kind of sim. FS2004 is a simulation of covers all the civil (and some military) flight in the entire world, every country and airport and aircraft, and it is unrealistic to expect MS to produce all of it to the high standards people want. So they make the sim open to third parties to freely make addons, because the best people to make scenery for Finland (http://fisd.fsnordic.net) are the FS enthusiasts in Finland, the best people to make old British aircraft (http://www.btinternet.com/~rick.piper) are the British aviation enthusiasts. The best people to make AI flight plans (http://www.projectai.com) are the people with enough patience and enthusiasm to do so, which isn't MS! That's why FS2004 should be open-source.

On the other hand, a Combat simulation like Il-2 v1 is not trying to simulate Everything, just a limited arena and the aircraft that participated. A small geographic area, smaller airfields and less of them, and a handful of aircraft types. This is best left to a dedicated development team, who will produce to a similar standard and ensure that the sim is balanced and complete, and they will also be more impartial about flight and weapon modelling. Il-2 was very close to this ideal, I think, but it's getting very very all-encompassing now - I'm not sure if it is a good or bad thing really.

Philipscdrw
01-21-2005, 08:34 AM
I agree about the downfall of the forums - I come here less and less now, I just check for the patches and go back to flightsim.com forums.

scottmal1
01-21-2005, 09:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cwojackson:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by scottmal1:
here here BlitzPig, there will be a lot more whining when 1c says 'heres your eagerly awaited betty and the other planes, now bang it up your @rse' <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes, that's a very good way to promote healthy BoB sales. Bottom line, the combat flight sim community is very small. You and 1CMaddox need the "whiners".

These aren't people complaining about climb rates, weapons effectiveness or whether their pet plane is under modeled.

These are customers who are dissatisfied with a product, the very customers 1CMaddox needs to remain in business. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would'nt put me off buying BoB, all i would say to all the whiners is 'there you go and serves you right and cheers for spoiling it for everyone else cos you lot only think about yourselves' i'm more than happy with what i got for 25, blimey, your hard pushed to go out and have a ruby murrey and a few beers for that, i'm just fed up of every time theres a FREE patch there is always a tidalwave of whinging and whining, yes and most of it is about 'porking' their 'pet' planes and turn rates, speeds in dives, effectiveness of .50 cals, muzzle flash etc, etc as has happened with most previous patches. As for BoB, Oleg Maddox is a very talented individual, and after all the abuse he's recieved in the last 3 months dont be suprised if he jacks it in and does something else for a living,yes it does happen in real life, who would blame him? everytime he does something for nowt he gets a load of criticism. i'm not a fanboy, far from it, just think theres other things out there more important. Thats my penneth worth.

goshikisen
01-21-2005, 09:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Philipscdrw:
I agree about the downfall of the forums - I come here less and less now, I just check for the patches and go back to flightsim.com forums. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know about a downfall... there have been times in the past when people got their knickers in a twist over this or that issue. FW190 sight, FM tweaks, copyright issues.

I think you take what you want from the forums... and for the most part we have a collection of individuals who are truly interested in the long term health of IL2. It's kinda like what Oscar Wilde said... "there is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about." I'm with the folks who say that the negativity expressed on these forums is born out of an interest in the sim. If these folks really weren't interested, believe me, they wouldn't post here.

Now... if only we could get some sort of official word on what or what not is happening with PF. It's Friday... an update perhaps?

Regards, Goshikisen.

Maple_Tiger
01-21-2005, 09:45 AM
Don't you boys have better things to do? Like flying!

Lets have a huge group hug!

cwojackson
01-21-2005, 10:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

Would'nt put me off buying BoB, all i would say to all the whiners is 'there you go and serves you right and cheers for spoiling it for everyone else cos you lot only think about yourselves' <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes, how dare a customer want to receive the product they pay for...those whiners.

billy885
01-21-2005, 03:15 PM
Supr, man it is good to see and hear from you again. Yes, I generally dont read much hear for the reasons you pointed out.

Hope all is well at your end. Been great here. Take care and catch you later.

cwojackson
01-21-2005, 09:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slingn:
[QUOTE]If you compare the actually number of sales with the number of people who fly online and haunt these forums you will find yourself in the minority. The majority are simply buying a game to entertain themselves with and have no interest in the rest of what motivates your community.

Shockwave enjoys a stirling reputation in the FS2004 community and will garner great support from those cross over simmers. If you believe that you and your forum friends and the online squadron members can carry the 1CMaddox offer on your own then you are indeed out on a limb. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, the majority is out there simply playing and enjoying the game, just like most do with any video game they buy. This forum, like most, does represent only a minority of game buyers. Very few of those that simply play and enjoy the game ever bother to come here, but just about every little smacktard out there, that think he's been unjustly wronged by this mega corporation, finds his way here to tell us how the game is **** and how he's gonna sue because he's been ripped by the man because there's a picture on the box of a plane that€s not in the game. And to top it off, even the low life warez punks like to come in and tell us how there not gonna buy the game because it suxors.

So go play fs2004, I'm sure you love it so. There€s nothing wrong with it. It€s just not my thing. BTW, i don€t go there to rant on about the support uncle bill likes to give his customers. I tell you what; maybe you and the other guy can go fly around the world together. he can navigate and you can control the auto pilot. Me, I€ve got some zeros to kill before the sink they royal navy docked at pearl. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>LOL! Great rant. Meaningless but fun to read.

tsisqua
01-22-2005, 09:19 AM
There is a direct link to Oleg's email available to anyone that finds a problem. Rather than use that, folks come here and post what should be reported by email.

By the webs definitions of "fanboi", well, there are a few of those here, but from what I have seen in the vast majority of polls that have been created on these forum boards, most of us are happy with the product and know that 1C will deliver. Its just that those who don't understand, or weren't here to remember the old days are the ones shouting the loudest.

And, yes. This is a great sim partly because of all the constructive criticism over the last couple of years . . . but only when offered politely. Oleg has always responded positively when treated with the respect that we all deserve. Not a whining attitude . . . not a fanboi attitude . . . but a mature attitude.

~S~
Tsisqua

woofiedog
01-22-2005, 11:55 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gifWell said tsisqua!

scottmal1
01-23-2005, 09:14 AM
Yes, how dare a customer want to receive the product they pay for...those whiners. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So the Betty was ommited,boo hoo hoo, it was'nt 1c's fault as explained in other threads, if you care to take the time to read, i know we will get it as we've had things in the past, you've been on these forums 5 minutes and know it all.

cwojackson
01-23-2005, 12:39 PM
Yes, how dare a customer want to receive the product they pay for...those whiners. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So the Betty was ommited,boo hoo hoo, it was'nt 1c's fault as explained in other threads, if you care to take the time to read, i know we will get it as we've had things in the past, you've been on these forums 5 minutes and know it all. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>It doesn't matter to the consumer who screwed up, the fact remains that I did not receive the product I purchased and 1CMaddox did not deliver the remainder in the two weeks they claimed it would be delivered in...as it has been explained on so many threads.

Slingn
01-23-2005, 12:56 PM
no amount of reason will change the whiners view. He has been screwed by the evil ubi and 1c. Retribution is his due, and nothing will stop him. Its a crusade. The world will know of this evil injustice done upon him. He's spent 30 whole dollars, its just like if he bought a Mercedes and its didn€t run. Hurry, go call your lawyer, that way he can laugh at you too.

cwojackson
01-23-2005, 01:16 PM
no amount of reason will change the whiners view. He has been screwed by the evil ubi and 1c. Retribution is his due, and nothing will stop him. Its a crusade. The world will know of this evil injustice done upon him. He's spent 30 whole dollars, its just like if he bought a Mercedes and its didn€t run. Hurry, go call your lawyer, that way he can laugh at you too. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thanks for the laugh.

92SqnGCJimbo
01-23-2005, 05:11 PM
supr i kinda agree but ppl who whine about not having the betty yet have evry right too.. (im not bothered.. just makin a point) the were promised something on a product that they bought and nvr recieved... 1c are obligated to give us this purley because this is false advertising and could very easily be takin to trading standards etc etc...
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif peace..