PDA

View Full Version : Update v.1.02. ?

awol08
01-18-2010, 07:29 AM
just downloaded the latest update v.1.02.

What has it fixed?

awol08
01-18-2010, 07:29 AM
just downloaded the latest update v.1.02.

What has it fixed?

The_Sphinx
01-18-2010, 07:32 AM
Same here. It's a 77 mb update so it's not some small patch.

A changelog would be nice.

jaferris
01-18-2010, 07:41 AM
yeah just had the update wondering what the changes are

nitres15
01-18-2010, 07:41 AM
i did it today http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

bsimcox
01-18-2010, 08:33 AM
Have also updated to this today, & would also like some sort of change log.

twistor96
01-18-2010, 09:01 AM
Me too, there's nothing more annoying than a patch without a changelog.

Link132465
01-18-2010, 09:06 AM
Yeah I just updated it and wondered what the changes are as there isn't anything different amybe there us but i just dont notice that

CARNlVORA
01-18-2010, 09:19 AM
I tried to discover some of parts that frustrated me, but none of it was fixed.

You still can't reply missions, or dequip armor, or metal cestus. (hense to go to original uniform..)

I think they worked on some minor glitches, or stability of the game core, with some sweet little things that they will anounce later in the update info.

MosheNormal
01-18-2010, 09:29 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by CARNlVORA:

You still can't reply missions, or dequip armor, or metal cestus. (hense to go to original uniform..)

you can change armor in the armor room of the villa. Just walk up to the display and press o to interact and select the armor to wear. I just tried it before posting so I know it works.
Im on PS3 version

NuclearFuss
01-18-2010, 09:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MosheNormal:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by CARNlVORA:

You still can't reply missions, or dequip armor, or metal cestus. (hense to go to original uniform..)[QUOTE]

you can change armor in the armor room of the villa. Just walk up to the display and press o to interact and select the armor to wear. I just tried it before posting so I know it works.
Im on PS3 version </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He doesn't mean change, he means take it off completely.

ScytheOfGrim
01-18-2010, 09:33 AM
The patch could be in preparation for the DLC.

caswallawn_2k7
01-18-2010, 09:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CARNlVORA:

I think they worked on some minor glitches, or stability of the game core, with some sweet little things that they will anounce later in the update info. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> you expect that to happen in such a small patch? your going to need a massive amount of code to add replay for missions it's not just a switch they can turn on or off, more so because of the dynamics of the armour, weapons and abilities appear over time so they need to also implement a way to strip you of any item or ability that is unobtainable at that point in the game. just like in AC1 were you could replay earlier blocks but you only had the equipment from that block, but in AC2 due to the dynamic item system it is much harder to put in.

CARNlVORA
01-18-2010, 09:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CARNlVORA:

I think they worked on some minor glitches, or stability of the game core, with some sweet little things that they will anounce later in the update info. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> you expect that to happen in such a small patch? your going to need a massive amount of code to add replay for missions it's not just a switch they can turn on or off, more so because of the dynamics of the armour, weapons and abilities appear over time so they need to also implement a way to strip you of any item or ability that is unobtainable at that point in the game. just like in AC1 were you could replay earlier blocks but you only had the equipment from that block, but in AC2 due to the dynamic item system it is much harder to put in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wasn't expecting, I was just hopping. haha

But anyway...I also think this might be a preparation for DLC, it should come out soon, well until the end of the month.

FiskMunk
01-18-2010, 09:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
you expect that to happen in such a small patch? your going to need a massive amount of code to add replay for missions it's not just a switch they can turn on or off, more so because of the dynamics of the armour, weapons and abilities appear over time so they need to also implement a way to strip you of any item or ability that is unobtainable at that point in the game. just like in AC1 were you could replay earlier blocks but you only had the equipment from that block, but in AC2 due to the dynamic item system it is much harder to put in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And that's why they shouldn't remove any of your items... &gt;__&gt; New Game+ FTW

katz_bg
01-18-2010, 09:40 AM
Which region and version? I have BLES 00670. I'll have a chance to update later tonight if it's available.
you expect that to happen in such a small patch? your going to need a massive amount of code to add replay for missions it's not just a switch they can turn on or off </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That massive amount of code compiles down to a few small megabytes. Add a few extra in for a few graphics and you're done. And it can be just a switch to turn on or off, but that would make it so you have the new stuff before you got it and if you replay a mission where you acquire it you'll get a continuity error and maybe a crash.

TreFacTor
01-18-2010, 11:04 AM
I can't see any changes either. I have only seen one or 2 glitches, and they were no big deal. I would really like it if a community leader could shed some light on what this update includes!

TheEpicWolf
01-18-2010, 11:23 AM
First i've heard of a new patch. I'm gonna go download it soon then, but it sounds like it's useless or very subbtle from what i've read.

SWJS
01-18-2010, 01:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ScytheOfGrim:
The patch could be in preparation for the DLC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

awol08
01-18-2010, 03:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ScytheOfGrim:
The patch could be in preparation for the DLC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it must be preparation for the DLC coz after playing for awhile earlier i didn't notice any changes in the game.

araratg
01-18-2010, 06:01 PM
Is it for consoles or PC?

jimbo11235813
01-18-2010, 06:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by araratg:
Is it for consoles or PC? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Consoles. PC version isn't out yet.

InfernalTyrant
01-18-2010, 06:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by araratg:
Is it for consoles or PC? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The game isn't out on PC yet.

TwinIltani
01-18-2010, 07:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Adnocana: A changelog would be nice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not just nice, but it should be SOP with patch releases. C'mon Ubi. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Runaque
01-19-2010, 04:27 AM
My opinion is that they should inform what the update contains and the <span class="ev_code_RED">***EDIT***</span> thing about them is that you have to download them or else there is no way to play the game. For windows OS you can choose yourself if you want the updates or not, and no matter what, the PC wil always run, that's how it should be.

Assassin_M
01-19-2010, 08:49 AM
No i dont think thats true cuz im playing AC II without doing the Update

CEO_of_Abstergo
01-19-2010, 09:08 AM
If you are ONLINE you must download the update. You can play forever without it if you are not connected. Same situation for PS3 system updates - it's once you go online that you must update to proceed with online activity.

jack994
01-19-2010, 09:42 AM
Yeah you do have to be connected to the internet to get the patch.

I would still like to know what this patch was for, a 77mb patch just for the DLC seems a bit weird, that is quite a big patch size and I really dont think the whole of it is just in preparation for the DLC.

caswallawn_2k7
01-19-2010, 09:58 AM
the thing is every1 is saying there is no difference, do you all know ever bug and how to replicate them? if not chances are you will never see what the patch does, loads of games release patches to fix problems that you don't even know are there until you are affected by one, this is the main reason bugs can get past testing as they cant test the way every single player will play, so some bugs make it through and a group of people who play slightly differently find the bug, while the majority of game users will never even know it's there.

just like the last bug patch it makes no visible difference to the game but the people who were affected by the sequence 11 bug could see as soon as they loaded the game what it did, the same as the majority of people probably didn't know you could air walk before the patch or about any of the other fixes they put in.

bug patches look like they do nothing without notes but somebody somewhere will be thinking "well at least that works now"

PlagueDoctor357
01-19-2010, 12:02 PM
No one thought of comparing trophies with some one else yet?

I guess i'll do it now and get back to you.

When there are DLC, they usually add trophies, they add them with the update. You can't see them on your own trophy list until you get the DLC but you can see it if you compare usually.

So i'll try this.

Avl521
01-19-2010, 01:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PlagueDoctor357:

When there are DLC, they usually add trophies, they add them with the update. You can't see them on your own trophy list until you get the DLC but you can see it if you compare usually.

So i'll try this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That is indeed true.
Sometimes you can see the trophies, just the other day I don't remember what I did but while I checked which RE5 trophies I was missing I saw some new trophies that should come with the DLC
(The one in the mansion and The Desperate Escape scenario)
so it is possible to see the trophies early sometimes.

InfernalTyrant
01-19-2010, 06:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PlagueDoctor357:

So i'll try this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>How'd that go for ya?

Runaque
01-20-2010, 03:05 AM
I'm on PS3 and I'm not being asked to download the latest update, it offers me to download 1.01. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably you have to download that one first and after your restart the game, it's probably gonna ask you to install the one we this threat is all about.

akirainblack
01-20-2010, 04:18 AM
I've not checked yet on my PS3 but from experience it still lists the latest update and not just the next one along the chain. I can't remember the game but with one of them it told me the latest update was 1.05 and it then proceeded to download 3 patches for the game.

Stonelaw
01-20-2010, 04:43 AM
The version numbers are those of the patches, not the game itself.

The first update was Patch 1.00, the second is Patch 1.01.

Yes, it's an unusual and potentially confusing way of doing things, but that's the way it is. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Cpt_Yanni
01-20-2010, 11:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Runaque:
My opinion is that they should inform what the update contains and the <span class="ev_code_RED">***EDIT***</span> thing about them is that you have to download them or else there is no way to play the game. For windows OS you can choose yourself if you want the updates or not, and no matter what, the PC wil always run, that's how it should be. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

With my ps3 I can just cancel to download it and the game starts without installing the patch...

PlagueDoctor357
01-20-2010, 12:16 PM
Sorry I took so long!

Haha yeah, no new trophies on there yet.

araratg
01-20-2010, 01:16 PM
I'm on PS3 and I'm not being asked to download the latest update, it offers me to download 1.01. It won't offer to download 1.02 if I am on 1.01 either.

katz_bg
01-20-2010, 02:19 PM
I'm on PS3 and I'm not being asked to download the latest update, it offers me to download 1.01. It won't offer to download 1.02 if I am on 1.01 either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The topic title has it wrong.
Strangely the first patch was 1.00 instead of 1.01 and the second is 1.01 instead of 1.02.
Weird, I know.

Before the first patch I only had one crash for over 30 hours. After the patch I've had an average of one crash every 5 hours. When I get back I'll have some more playing time for the second patch.

awol08
01-20-2010, 03:24 PM
it said update 1.02 and my game data says 1.02.

bsimcox
01-20-2010, 09:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by awol08:
it said update 1.02 and my game data says 1.02. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here.

InfernalTyrant
01-20-2010, 09:56 PM
It's definitely 1.02, I downloaded it this morning. I tried comparing trophies but there were no new ones.
So there's still no word on what the patch does?

Blackglasswar
01-21-2010, 06:33 PM
just noticed that if you go to a fast travel station there is a very southerly district in Florence that is not yet open... this perhaps in update/ DLC

TheEpicWolf
01-21-2010, 06:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blackglasswar:
just noticed that if you go to a fast travel station there is a very southerly district in Florence that is not yet open... this perhaps in update/ DLC </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes this will be in the DLC "Bonfires of he Vanities"

awol08
01-22-2010, 03:54 AM
which will hopefully be released next with any luck.

lukar_108
01-22-2010, 05:35 AM
nulla reale,tutto lecito!http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

highground1973
01-22-2010, 06:44 AM
I recently updated to v.1.02. I have played it twice and it frozen both times. Before the patch, I could play for hours without any problems. I hope this is sorted soon.

TwinIltani
01-22-2010, 12:56 PM
Hmm. Interesting.

My Xbox updated with the new patch earlier this week. My PS3 is still at 1.01 and no patch notification for me yet.

Stonelaw
01-22-2010, 07:25 PM
Perhaps it's a regional thing they could simply have numbered the updates incorrectly in one region.

I'm in North America and the two patches I've downloaded were 1.00 and 1.01. Other people claim they downloaded 1.01 and 1.02. Perhaps they are from Europe or Australia?

Cpt_Yanni
01-23-2010, 02:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TwinIltani:
Hmm. Interesting.

My Xbox updated with the new patch earlier this week. My PS3 is still at 1.01 and no patch notification for me yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In Europe the patch 1.02 was already online for PS3 a week ago http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Clownceros666
01-23-2010, 12:54 PM
Now you don't have to press circle when you do the climbing leap thing and another pointless thing i've noticed is that now the bodies float on the water. I'm not sure about it but i remember that they used to disappear when thrown in water

Stonelaw
01-23-2010, 02:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Clownceros666:
Now you don't have to press circle when you do the climbing leap thing and another pointless thing i've noticed is that now the bodies float on the water. I'm not sure about it but i remember that they used to disappear when thrown in water </div></BLOCKQUOTE>For me, bodies are not floating and the climb jump still works like it always did. Both PS3 and 360 versions of the game.

grey_fox24
01-28-2010, 03:08 PM
...just like the last bug patch it makes no visible difference to the game but the people who were affected by the sequence 11 bug could see as soon as they loaded the game what it did, the same as the majority of people probably didn't know you could air walk before the patch or about any of the other fixes they put in.

bug patches look like they do nothing without notes but somebody somewhere will be thinking "well at least that works now" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Still...if I put down the game because a bug was preventing me from progressing. A changelog, or any sort of announcement saying "hey, we fixed some bugs, check it out." Would be helpful. I didn't encounter any noticeable bugs in my play though, but if I did, I wouldn't want to load the game everyday hoping they fixed it.

upwardreview
09-28-2010, 09:29 PM
Hello,

sorry for the newbie question but I am in Asia and it asks to download 1.02 but it always times out. Where can I download it? I couldn't find it on ubi.com site. thanks.
Daniel

sHE_beLIEveD
10-03-2010, 02:39 AM
Hey!I know it's kinda late..but I recently bought my A.C.2 and then it says that I need to download 1.02 so i let it download it.but when it goes to the download screen the download is just 0% and the amount of time it needs to finish just rises..my ps3 is version 3.50 now and I can connect to PSN w/o any problems..Is there any other way to get this update?maybe download it somewhere?

Black_Widow9
10-03-2010, 12:09 PM
Hello and welcome to the Forums http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
Please check with Ubisoft Support. The link is in my signature. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif