PDA

View Full Version : Problem with 360 version

SilentTyrant
11-16-2007, 04:25 PM
Hey guys...I just got AC from Gamefly, popped it into my Elite, and it's not loading as a game..but as a DVD, and giving me a weird prompt.

Basically the 360 is reading the disk as a DVD, and not loading properly. I tried a few other games and they work just fine.

Any suggestions?

SilentTyrant
11-16-2007, 04:25 PM
Hey guys...I just got AC from Gamefly, popped it into my Elite, and it's not loading as a game..but as a DVD, and giving me a weird prompt.

Basically the 360 is reading the disk as a DVD, and not loading properly. I tried a few other games and they work just fine.

Any suggestions?

Raide
11-16-2007, 04:30 PM
Dear SilentTyrant,

I know this is going to sound silly but can you check something for me.

1) If Gamefly sending you the PS3 disc instead of the 360 version.

2) If Gamefly sending you the Special Edition DVD instead of the game.

If you are still having problems just post here and we will be glad to offer some advice to help out http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Raide
UK Forum Manager

SilentTyrant
11-16-2007, 04:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Raide:
Dear SilentTyrant,

I know this is going to sound silly but can you check something for me.

1) If Gamefly sending you the PS3 disc instead of the 360 version.

2) If Gamefly sending you the Special Edition DVD instead of the game.

If you are still having problems just post here and we will be glad to offer some advice to help out http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Raide
UK Forum Manager </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I checked http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/Benetto00/PB160249.jpg

lockload
11-16-2007, 05:26 PM
Looks like my disc, i would recommend putting it in anotehr 360 to make sure its not your machine

cvfd526
11-16-2007, 05:29 PM
I'm having somewhat the same problem. I've played through to memory block 4. I exited the memory and when the animus popped up, I went to the dashboard to allow a friend to start a new game.

Now not matter what I do, when I try to run the game, it will not load. The screen stays black. The game disc hasn't been out of the xbox since I bought it release day.

Please help

lockload
11-16-2007, 05:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cvfd526:
I'm having somewhat the same problem. I've played through to memory block 4. I exited the memory and when the animus popped up, I went to the dashboard to allow a friend to start a new game.

Now not matter what I do, when I try to run the game, it will not load. The screen stays black. The game disc hasn't been out of the xbox since I bought it release day.

Please help </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you mean you switched gamertags or just pressed the guide button..?

gameguru108
11-16-2007, 05:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Now not matter what I do, when I try to run the game, it will not load. The screen stays black. The game disc hasn't been out of the xbox since I bought it release day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hate to be annoying, but a couple questions:

1) Does the game load at all, or does it go straight from dashboard to black? If the game does load, does it emit a loud beeping noise, freeze and/or go black?

2) Is your AV cable connected to your TV? Sometimes it might just appear to be, and might be just a tiny bit loose/off.

I might be wrong, but I have a strong suspicion that your Xbox 360 might be dying.

Then again, I'm probably wrong.

cvfd526
11-16-2007, 05:45 PM
I went to switch gamer profiles and went to load the game again and the screen just stayed black, never loaded and locked up. I was unable to hit the guide button. And it does the same thing on my gamer profile too.

1) Yes, it goes straight from dashboard to black and stays.

2) Definately connected.

I've already sent the xbox back and got a new one earlier this year.

Any ideas?

SilentTyrant
11-16-2007, 05:49 PM
Update: I took it to my neighbors house, and tried to play it on his 360...Same problem..

Besides I bought my Elite about 2 months ago...Still like new.

I think the idiots at Gamefly sent me either a defected disk, or they sent me the collectors edition DVD by mistake...

Regardless, I am sending this disk back, and getting a replacment sent.

Is this game even worth all the trouble and waiting?

cvfd526
11-16-2007, 05:51 PM
That's the game disc. And yes, it's definately worth the trouble. I'm 25 and have been playing games all my life and I'd have to say this is one of my new fav's.

SilentTyrant
11-20-2007, 02:11 PM
Got my replaced game disk yesterday...It was the disk.

Thanks for all your help guys.

BTW..This game rocks...I love the swan dive into the hay stack.