PDA

View Full Version : Graphic Card Issues ACB HELP!!!

dantewhick
04-02-2011, 08:33 AM
After Hours of scouring the internet I've noticed that assassins creed series has compatibility issues with certain graphic cards that cause a constant and annoying lag that makes the game unplayable. I am currently using "Intel(R) HD Graphics" that was built into a gateway computer...
The glitch has nothing to do with the specs of my PC because I am able to run various graphic intense games like Dragon age II and Mass Effect II without a problem... MY Computer also seems to have the latest device driver installed. The only way i can get the game semi playable is to lower the graphics quality till it looks like a PS1 game...
Can somebody HELP!!!! THIS PROBLEM IS GETTING TO ME!!!! OR IS THIS SOMETHING THE GAME DEVELOPERS WOULD FIX IN A PATCH?????? IF SO WITCH FORUM WOULD I COMPLAIN IN????

dantewhick
04-02-2011, 08:33 AM
After Hours of scouring the internet I've noticed that assassins creed series has compatibility issues with certain graphic cards that cause a constant and annoying lag that makes the game unplayable. I am currently using "Intel(R) HD Graphics" that was built into a gateway computer...
The glitch has nothing to do with the specs of my PC because I am able to run various graphic intense games like Dragon age II and Mass Effect II without a problem... MY Computer also seems to have the latest device driver installed. The only way i can get the game semi playable is to lower the graphics quality till it looks like a PS1 game...
Can somebody HELP!!!! THIS PROBLEM IS GETTING TO ME!!!! OR IS THIS SOMETHING THE GAME DEVELOPERS WOULD FIX IN A PATCH?????? IF SO WITCH FORUM WOULD I COMPLAIN IN????

Mr_Shade
04-02-2011, 08:45 AM
By lag - do you mean stutter?

Where there is a drop in the frame rate?

If so - it's not always related to the graphics card - it can be down to the processor or some thing as random as poorly maintained hard drive, lack of ram, Anti Virus software scanning and other things..

It could be something as simple as the graphics card not being 100% supported by the game.

Some games have lower requirements than others, so one game may work fine, where as another stutters..

If your concerned about the issue, you can contact Support who maybe able to suggest some things to try.

I have moved your thread to the PC forum - where someone may also offer advice..

Please post back with the type of Graphics Card you have [eg, Nvidia GTS250] - someone may have some settings to try http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Lord_Ethcaz
04-02-2011, 08:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dantewhick:
Can somebody HELP!!!! THIS PROBLEM IS GETTING TO ME!!!! OR IS THIS SOMETHING THE GAME DEVELOPERS WOULD FIX IN A PATCH?????? IF SO WITCH FORUM WOULD I COMPLAIN IN???? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To quote Terry Pratchett's Maskerade:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
"And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Four? A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<STRIKE>Sorry, I know the frustration. Although I don't know about a problem with this particular chipset/card, I do know that there's a similar problem with Realtek HD Audio chipsets. Which actually cause your computer to totally freeze up, but this only happens in multiplayer, because of PunkBuster, not ACB.
Is your problem also occuring in SP?
And what are your other computer specs? Videocard, CPU, RAM, OS?</STRIKE>
EDIT: misread HD graphics, for HD audio :P Oops, must be these veggies.

You might be able to run other games at high specs, but not all games process everything the same way.
Take GTA4 for example, that's a tough cookie. I can play AC:B fine on high settings, as long as I leave certain options disabled. But GTA4 I can't play on higher settings than medium, and even then I sometimes get Resource/Out Of Memory errors http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
Try disabling only certain aspects, like AA, multisampling, Vsync, and shadows.

ace3001
04-02-2011, 08:53 AM
I too have played with an Intel HD Graphics chip. But this is below the system requirements. The only way to play is by setting resolution to 800x600.

KingDaniel0
04-02-2011, 08:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dantewhick:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you have this INTEL onboard/integrated Graphics Processor ? These Chipsets are not meant for playing High-end games like AC:B. Actually these chipsets have minimal 3D capability, and there is no Hardware Transform and Lighting, or Vertex Shader support. You should always have a proper Graphics card/GPU, supporting the said Shader Model for the game.

If you continue to play this game on the above Chipset, then you won't get the best performance out of it. Try to upgrade your Video Card.

What kind of glitch are you getting ? What are your Full PC specs. These are the Minimum Requirements for Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood:

http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/ap...rs/detail/a_id/14572 (http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14572)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ace3001
04-02-2011, 09:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KingDaniel0:

Do you have this INTEL onboard/integrated Graphics Processor ? These Chipsets are not meant for playing High-end games like AC:B. Actually these chipsets have minimal 3D capability, and there is no Hardware Transform and Lighting, or Vertex Shader support. You should always have a proper Graphics card/GPU, supporting the said Shader Model for the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Actually you're wrong there. Intel HD Graphics is a DirectX 10.0 compatible GPU. Has complete Shader Model 4.0 support. HW TnL just goes without saying. But it's simply not fast enough for new games.

dantewhick
04-02-2011, 09:33 AM
It is an intel integrated graphics processor... is there anyway i can tweak it to run the game at a decent pace...

System Specs:
Intel R Core i3 CPU 540@ 3.07GHz
8 GB of RAM
Windows 7 64Bit operating system
Intel R HD Graphics (I think its integrated)

The best way i can describe the glitch is a persistant stutter or lag in the continuity of the graphics. I've messed with the in game graphic options and the only way the problem seems to resolve itself is if i lower the settings to something that makes it look like a PS1 game.

I've even tried messing with the cpu affinity via task manager...no luck.

Do u guys think i might be missing something?
Are there any known conflicts?
Can i tweak something in my Graphic Card Settings?
I Will apreciate any and all advice!! Even if it is bad advice... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Id really like to try this game out...being able to enjoy the graphics.

dantewhick
04-02-2011, 09:36 AM
The that makes me want to believe that my graphics card can is powerful enough to handle the game is that dragon age 2 is playable at top settings... and i had the same issue with Assassins Creed 2...

Mr_Shade
04-02-2011, 09:46 AM
The that makes me want to believe that my graphics card can is powerful enough to handle the game is that dragon age 2 is playable at top settings... and i had the same issue with Assassins Creed 2... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>If you had the same issues with AC2 - then it's the game engine..

You could try setting your graphics card settings to 'application controlled' - if available, and try lowering different settings ingame until it's playable..

Since you say you also had the same issue with AC2 - it does sound like your graphics card can't handle the Anvil Engine, used in both http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

ace3001
04-02-2011, 09:50 AM
The that makes me want to believe that my graphics card can is powerful enough to handle the game is that dragon age 2 is playable at top settings... and i had the same issue with Assassins Creed 2... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Dragon Age II can NOT be played at top settings on an Intel GPU. That requires a DX11 GPU, which Intel has so far not released. Well, with AC2 and ACB, the only thing to do is play at 800x600, which will look like crap unless you have an old 15" (or preferably 14") CRT monitor.
Id really like to try this game out...being able to enjoy the graphics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>There is nothing you can do except get a dedicated graphics card. The Intel GPU can't handle it unless at the lowest resolution.

KingDaniel0
04-02-2011, 10:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Actually you're wrong there. Intel HD Graphics is a DirectX 10.0 compatible GPU. Has complete Shader Model 4.0 support. HW TnL just goes without saying. But it's simply not fast enough for new games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That doesn't apply to this one actually. I talked in general, as we have many Chipset Models from INTEL, like e.g. Intel 945G Express, the Intel GMA 900 which is having Pixel Shader 2 support etc. Few more models are there.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

ace3001
04-02-2011, 11:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KingDaniel0:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Actually you're wrong there. Intel HD Graphics is a DirectX 10.0 compatible GPU. Has complete Shader Model 4.0 support. HW TnL just goes without saying. But it's simply not fast enough for new games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That doesn't apply to this one actually. I talked in general, as we have many Chipset Models from INTEL, like e.g. Intel 945G Express, the Intel GMA 900 which is having Pixel Shader 2 support etc. Few more models are there.....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>True, but he specifically said "Intel(R) HD Graphics", which is the in-built GPU of the first generation Core i3 and Core i5 (Clarkdale only) processors. That does have Shader 4.0 support. Without at least Shader 3.0 support, Brotherhood, or any modern game for that matter, will not start at all.