PDA

View Full Version : Patrol #2 Keil based..

UF_Excalibur_D
05-10-2005, 07:36 AM
My first patrol I sank total of 4 ships-Destroyer, armed trawler and 2 cargos. I sailed back to port and pulled into same sub pen..without bumping the docks and docked with port. Upon my second patrol I was assigned same sector to patrol. So I greedily took the assignment and plotted acourse. Along the way I ran into alot of stormy weather, it cleared up for the most part. Ran into a few neutral merchants..left them alone and then on the third night just south of England I ran into a destroyer. I submerged but not before he placed one round in my conn tower. Went to silent running ahead slow and he circled around to a course across my bow. I realized we were on a collison course and ordered all back full. The sub was detected slightly and after I watched the destroyer pass over my bow i ordered ahead flank and made my depth 25m. He dropped some DC's but they went to deep and I was clear of them just bearly. Once at 25m I went to ahead slow and resumed course which brought me form a northly course to a westerly course. The destroyer was headed east...whew. I creeped out of there seemingly forever. I lost the destroyer, which I verified at periscope depth. he was 5000m out and opening...too far for a stern shot...so I remained on course for another couple hours submerged and then surfaced. After Entering my patrol area and patrolling for the required 24hours, and intercepting contacts...which turned out to be nothing by the time I arrived at location. I have set a northly course to the heart of Britian/England area in the hopes of sinking some major tonnage. My patrol area from Keil is BE17 I think...if memeory serves. still have most of my fuel so away i go.....wish me luck.

The first patrol i just ran out to assigned sector....patrolled and then sailed back home sinking the cargo ships along the way.....I am now going to be alot more aggressive and hunt the hunters....LOL

UF_Excalibur_D
05-10-2005, 07:36 AM
My first patrol I sank total of 4 ships-Destroyer, armed trawler and 2 cargos. I sailed back to port and pulled into same sub pen..without bumping the docks and docked with port. Upon my second patrol I was assigned same sector to patrol. So I greedily took the assignment and plotted acourse. Along the way I ran into alot of stormy weather, it cleared up for the most part. Ran into a few neutral merchants..left them alone and then on the third night just south of England I ran into a destroyer. I submerged but not before he placed one round in my conn tower. Went to silent running ahead slow and he circled around to a course across my bow. I realized we were on a collison course and ordered all back full. The sub was detected slightly and after I watched the destroyer pass over my bow i ordered ahead flank and made my depth 25m. He dropped some DC's but they went to deep and I was clear of them just bearly. Once at 25m I went to ahead slow and resumed course which brought me form a northly course to a westerly course. The destroyer was headed east...whew. I creeped out of there seemingly forever. I lost the destroyer, which I verified at periscope depth. he was 5000m out and opening...too far for a stern shot...so I remained on course for another couple hours submerged and then surfaced. After Entering my patrol area and patrolling for the required 24hours, and intercepting contacts...which turned out to be nothing by the time I arrived at location. I have set a northly course to the heart of Britian/England area in the hopes of sinking some major tonnage. My patrol area from Keil is BE17 I think...if memeory serves. still have most of my fuel so away i go.....wish me luck.

The first patrol i just ran out to assigned sector....patrolled and then sailed back home sinking the cargo ships along the way.....I am now going to be alot more aggressive and hunt the hunters....LOL