PDA

View Full Version : V1 rockets (flying bombs) would be interesting.

A_Panther
10-09-2010, 12:03 PM
On the larger maps I think the inclusion of V1's would be an interesting dynamic to an already outstanding game; esp. multiplayer.

I'm new to the forum so a big hi to all.

A_Panther
10-09-2010, 12:03 PM
On the larger maps I think the inclusion of V1's would be an interesting dynamic to an already outstanding game; esp. multiplayer.

I'm new to the forum so a big hi to all.

Warforger
10-09-2010, 01:01 PM
Welcome http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I wouldn't agree, if we include the V2 we might as well include an atom bomb for the US, because the V2 was meant to fire on England to make the war unpopular in an effort to stop the war. I guess there might've been used at Ally positions, but I doubt they'll really be included.

A_Panther
10-09-2010, 01:46 PM
I agree with what you say however the V1 was a completely different weapon in comparison to the V2. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Axe99
10-09-2010, 03:23 PM
G'day Panther http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif. I think the V1s (from memory) were more of a strategic weapon (one of Hitler's 'terror weapons', targeting civilian areas and infrastructure, rather than military facilities. Part of the reason for this (I think, again going from memory) was because they were pretty inaccurate - so if you were aiming them at a suburb or town, they did alright, but anything more precise and they weren't so useful.

fattoler
10-09-2010, 06:34 PM
I used to live next the the street where the last V2 rocket hit England, It's in Kingston Upon Thames.

VVidar
10-09-2010, 06:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fattoler:
I used to live next the the street where the last V2 rocket hit England, It's in Kingston Upon Thames. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And this is on topic? ;o)

VVidar
10-09-2010, 06:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by A_Panther:

I'm new to the forum so a big hi to all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes it would be interesting. I would think that the introduction of fast armoured infantry for all factions would be even more interesting then just the V1 for the German side. But I doubt we will see either of them though.

Any RUSE DLC will probably depend heavily on sales figures and judging by the number of players on Xbox Live sales figures are not huge (yet?).

VVidar
10-09-2010, 06:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Axe_99au:
G'day Panther http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif. I think the V1s (from memory) were more of a strategic weapon (one of Hitler's 'terror weapons', targeting civilian areas and infrastructure, rather than military facilities. Part of the reason for this (I think, again going from memory) was because they were pretty inaccurate - so if you were aiming them at a suburb or town, they did alright, but anything more precise and they weren't so useful. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just like the B-17 and Lancaster heavy carpet bombing in Operation Goodwood and Operation Totalize which did nothing but hinder the allied advance. The B-17 and Lancaster were strategic bombers, blunt strategic weapons. The central aiming point for the RAF heavy bombers in their missions was a city center. And they needed pathfinders (i.e. Light Bomber Mosquito's) to find and hit their target.

But these heavy strategic bombers that were almost exclusively used to attack large area (city size) targets are still included in RUSE though. Go figure!

Some V1's and V2's ("V" for "Vergeltung" = Retribution) were used tactically in the 1944 Ardennes offensive. The V1 and V2 when equipped with conventional warhead were just long range artillery bombs resp. rockets. German Theater and Army Group Commanders requested V1 and V2 tactical support for military operations, but these requests were mostly turned down.

fattoler
10-09-2010, 07:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VVidar:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fattoler:
I used to live next the the street where the last V2 rocket hit England, It's in Kingston Upon Thames. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And this is on topic? ;o) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif You got me there, I just REALLY hate it when people argue over the millions who died for us simply because of patriotic fervour.