aminx
09-27-2004, 12:45 PM
if we asked the following admirals
admiral Nimitz
admiral halsey
admiral yamamoto
admiral nagumo
admiral nagano
what was their opinion of the plane list and the fact there will be no flyable historic torp bombers responsible for the sinking off their main carriers namely
Lexington
Yorktown
Hornet
Shoho
Kaga
Hiryu
Akagi
How would they have reacted instinctevely?

1)so what !! it's just another rip em off sim mainly intended for the shout em up online comunity, so who cares wether its a wildcat or a messerschmit or whatever since its all virtual bull.
2)Ridiculous!!!!dont make us turn in our graves.
3)their management should be called infront of the admiralty's ways and means commission to answer some tough questions .
aminx

aminx
09-27-2004, 12:45 PM
if we asked the following admirals
admiral Nimitz
admiral halsey
admiral yamamoto
admiral nagumo
admiral nagano
what was their opinion of the plane list and the fact there will be no flyable historic torp bombers responsible for the sinking off their main carriers namely
Lexington
Yorktown
Hornet
Shoho
Kaga
Hiryu
Akagi
How would they have reacted instinctevely?

1)so what !! it's just another rip em off sim mainly intended for the shout em up online comunity, so who cares wether its a wildcat or a messerschmit or whatever since its all virtual bull.
2)Ridiculous!!!!dont make us turn in our graves.
3)their management should be called infront of the admiralty's ways and means commission to answer some tough questions .
aminx

MEGILE
09-27-2004, 12:57 PM
4) They are dead so their corpses wouldn't say much.

s.bush
09-27-2004, 01:25 PM
not really
s.bush

TX-WarHawk
09-27-2004, 01:46 PM
They'd say the Devastator is way ubermodelled...

Snootles
09-27-2004, 02:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>How would they have reacted instinctevely? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

6.) They'd exhale a heavy sigh of relief...

I just read that a load of complete flyables and maps were held off the PF release to get it to fit onto two CD's. They will be in the first patch.

Maj_Death
09-27-2004, 06:13 PM
I've heard that rumor too, but I havn't seen any official people confirm it nor do I have any reason to even suspect it might be true.

Anyways, I don't think they would be too pleased with the lack of torpedo bombers and japanese planes in general. At the current time it is very unlikely that I will buy PF because of these two shortcomings. If some torpedo bombers and a couple more japanese fighter types (not just more versions of the zero and Ki-84) are added then I will likely buy it. All I really ask for is 4 additional plane types (TBD or TBM, B5N, Ki-45, Ki-100) and I only ask for one version of each. That really isn't unreasonable and I sincerely hope they make it in, otherwise it looks like I'll have to wait for another 10 years before getting a decent Pacific theatre flight sim.

aminx
09-27-2004, 09:05 PM
fully agree with you maj-Death.what has been the use of participating in this site and forum since the day it was opened ?the list of planes was obviously rigidly decided long before this site was opened at the begining of the year and since day one if you look back i was asking for confirmation wether these planes would be included only to get rude and vulgar replies avoiding to say that they wont from one of the new developers.come to think about it which idea given by a member of the forum was included?
maybe they should call this forum suchers corner.
aminx

WhiskeyBravo
09-28-2004, 03:53 AM
I bet Yamamoto would veto the inclusion of P38s!

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

WB.

RocketRobin__
09-28-2004, 06:31 PM
What does instictevelely mean?

If I am interpreting this correctly, my guess is they would get into an argument over it, then get heat rash, jock itch and high blood pressure.
However, since they were warriors, they probably wouldn't sit around and whine incessantly.
I expect they would resolve the issue by hand to hand combat. The surviving general(s) would then declare that ICBMs should be included, but only for their side.
The final result of this ficticious endeavour can only mean that the IL-2 Sturmovik would have tactical nukes added to their weapons loadout.

LEXX_Luthor
09-28-2004, 06:48 PM
If all teh Generals and all teh Admirals all signed up now they would all be Newbies...

ElAurens
09-28-2004, 07:03 PM
We are already getting the Ki61, so a Ki100 is not much of a stretch...

Personalyy I would like to see the KI27...very important for the CBI theatre of operations.

VW-IceFire
09-28-2004, 07:09 PM
There is a surviving Ki-100 somewhere and I'm sure if it were modeled it could be flyable.

Was here somewhere:
http://www.aeronautics.ru/archive/wwii/books/cockpit/small/page_05.htm

horseback
09-29-2004, 04:59 PM
Have to agree that important flyable Japanese aircraft are definitely missing, notably the Ki-27 Nate, the Ki-21 Sally, G3M Nell and the Ki-44 Tojo, bsides the usual suspects like the Jack, George, Kate, Jill, Judy, Ki-100 and late model Oscars. I wouldn't mind seeing a flyable A5M Claude either.

Part of the problem is a lack of definitive information about their performance/cockpit layout, but you have to think that all those Japanese model manufacturers got their detailed cockpits from some kind of authoritive sources.

I can't imagine the Japanese Il-2 community not offering their services, so we'll have to see what's actually in the Pacific Fighters package, wait for the first patch, and then let the whining begin, and see what the third party contribution will be over the next year or so.

We'll have to come up with a nom de whine for the Japanophile crowd tho, in the same spirit as the time honored 'luftwhiner.'

cheers

horseback

Giganoni
09-29-2004, 05:38 PM
Um the material on Japanese planes isn't hard to find. Much of it is in Japanese though. I would think the developers of PF do have people that can translate Japanese. I have Japanese books covering the Ki-84, Ki-21, H8K, Ki-43, Ki-44, Ki-27, Ki-45, and Ki-51. Not that difficult to get ahold of and most have pictures of the cockpits with subsequent diagrams explaining what each instrument panel, etc is. They also have drawings to show the original colorings of the inside of the cockpits. They all explain in detail the performance data of the planes and their variants, they even devote a section to the plane engines.

There are also production and operation histories and explanations of tail markings and paint schemes. The books are of the Mechanism of Military Aircraft series. Each book usually covers three planes. There is a lot of info in these books. I mean it even tells you where they placed fireproof lining on the Ki-84. Very detailed.