PDA

View Full Version : Up there! It's a bird, it's a plane... it's a ..Mosquito!!

Jabberwocky_
12-07-2004, 10:32 AM
Does anyone know if the Mosquito is still in development for a future patch release, before BoB, or has it been dropped? I'm just insanely anxious for this bird. I can`t imagine why it wasn't released earlier. It's such a fantastic and versatile performer.

P.S. Has anyone noticed how the cockpit model of the I-185 is waaaaaaaayyy beyond any other aircraft model in the game. It's unbelievably well detailed!! Stunning work! This one sets the standard. Ki-61 cockpit would be runner up.

Loki-PF
12-07-2004, 10:38 AM
Jabberwocky,

I gotta throw my vote in for the A-20 as my favorite cockpit... Anyone look at the stearing wheel detail? YIKES!

StG77_Stuka
12-07-2004, 11:12 AM
The mosquito would be one of those great incentives for purchasing BoB. Doubt we'll see it before.

Jabberwocky_
12-07-2004, 11:35 AM
Loki,

Granted, the A-20 is a fantastic cockpit as well but you have to admit it is no contest for the detail of the I-185. I'm not saying the I-185 is my favorite pit, but it's certainly the best modelled. I think that whoever modelled it spent an ungodly amount of time on it. It was most definitely a labour of love. Look at the subtle shading on the rounded and spherical objects in the pit. It's unreal. Of course, one can't expect this level of detail on all the pits. It would have taken eons to complete!

To StG77_Stuka,

If there is truth in your word, then I am truly, truly disapointed to hear that. I really thought that we would see a Mossie appearance soon, based on info tidbits here and there. I thought the Mossie was a well loved bird, and desired by many. I guess I was wrong. Alas, looks like I won't be straddling my mistress after all. Sob!! Sniff!

AWL_Spinner
12-07-2004, 11:38 AM
Mossie and Ju88, among other favourites, still destined for this franchise (i.e. before BoB). They've been modelled for the FB/PF engine.

Just might take some time, there are fair few other things that take precedence to silence some of the "But the box said so!" whiners.

Cheers, Spinner

(I can't wait either)

VW-IceFire
12-07-2004, 11:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by StG77_Stuka:
The mosquito would be one of those great incentives for purchasing BoB. Doubt we'll see it before. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Remember: Battle of Britain = June to September 1940

The Mosquito would be totally out of place. So I doubt thats an overriding reason of any sort.

Jabberwocky_
12-07-2004, 12:03 PM
To AWL_Spinner and VW-IceFire:

Thank for your comments gentlement, they are appreciated. The level of response on these forums is astounding! Such a priceless ressource. Anyway... AWL_Spinner, that's good to hear... cuz I was getting close to despair but if you think there's hope, I'm happy. Well, er.. happiER anyway. I'll be REALLY happy when I barrel roll her 20 feet above the ground, buzzing the caps of (insert enemy of choice).

To VW-IceFire:

You bring an important historic observation. Dang! That's right. Mossie wasn't even anywhere near being a part of BoB. Oh well, so much the better if it means we'll see here in this edition (PF)!!!

Cheers,

Jabberwocky

Major Kong (from Dr. Strangelove): Now, boys, we got three engines out; we got more holes in us than a horse trader's mule, the radio's gone and we're leaking fuel, and if we's flying any lower, why, we'd need sleigh bells on this thing. But we got one little budge on them russkies, at this this height, why, they might harpoon us but they dang sure ain't gonna spot us on no radar screen!!

DIRTY-MAC
12-07-2004, 12:51 PM
Jabberwocky take a ride in the J8A http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Jabberwocky_
12-07-2004, 01:27 PM
Dirty-Mac,

You're right. The J8A is an also fantastically detailed pit. I forgot about that one. It's stunningly beautiful as well. Good catch.

cheers

Jabberwocky

http://wso.williams.edu/~mhacker/Strangelove/cockpit.jpg
Major Kong: Now, boys, we got three engines out; we got more holes in us than a horse trader's mule, the radio's gone and we're leaking fuel, and if we's flying any lower, why, we'd need sleigh bells on this thing. But we got one little budge on them russkies, at this height, why, they might harpoon us but they dang sure ain't gonna spot us on no radar screen!

Alexi_Alx_Anova
12-07-2004, 01:42 PM
The Mossie has been FINISHED, including cockpit. It has been sent to Oleg some time ago. He is yet to check it and integrate it into a patch. I know because my fellow Squadron pilot (Prangster) and a few others did it.

Alexi

Philipscdrw
12-07-2004, 02:27 PM
Aww, Alexi, we were having fun speculating and you come and tell us what's really going on? *sniff*

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif That's great news! Maybe the Mosquito is delaying the patch...?

uberchuckie
12-07-2004, 02:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW-IceFire:

The Mosquito would be totally out of place. So I doubt thats an overriding reason of any sort. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Spitfire Ia would be a nice addition. I guess they'll need the Blenheim MkIV as well.

DIRTY-MAC
12-07-2004, 04:29 PM
There is one plane that could take the Mossies place in 1940
the Westland Whirlwind
a two engined fighter that was more manouvereble, faster than both the Spit and Bf109E down low and with 4 hispanos,
I think it will be in BoB

Jabberwocky_
12-08-2004, 11:01 AM
Quote:
The Mossie has been FINISHED, including cockpit. It has been sent to Oleg some time ago. He is yet to check it and integrate it into a patch. I know because my fellow Squadron pilot (Prangster) and a few others did it.

Alexi

To Alexi Alx Anova:

Woohoo!!! Are you serious? That's great news! But when was it sent to Oleg? Why on earth would he hold off on releasing it... heck, it's not even mentioned in the next patch release. Are we to believe that there will be an add-on to PF, AEP style? Like an Aces of the Pacific expansion? I guess one can only speculate that YES, there will be an expansion to PF. Instant sales!! Why the hell not. Dadrattit! I want that **** Mossie now though!! Oh well. In any case, thanks for the news on the FINISHED Mosquito. Amen.

Jabberwocky

Major Kong: Now, boys, we got three engines out; we got more holes in us than a horse trader's mule, the radio's gone and we're leaking fuel, and if we's flying any lower, why, we'd need sleigh bells on this thing. But we got one little budge on them russkies, at this height, why, they might harpoon us but they dang sure ain't gonna spot us on no radar screen!

Alexi_Alx_Anova
12-08-2004, 11:55 AM
Sent to Oleg in August

http://www.simhq.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=98;t=012050

also

http://www.netwings.org/dcforum/DCForumID43/1035.html

Time will tell....

Alexi

Aaron_GT
12-08-2004, 02:11 PM
"Originally posted by VW-IceFire:

The Mosquito would be totally out of place. So I doubt thats an overriding reason of any sort."

BoB is just the starting point for a new sim series, just like IL2 was. So BoB isn't necessarily always limited to 1940.

Jabberwocky_
12-08-2004, 02:50 PM
Wow! Nice model! Thanks for the link Alexi.
**** it's beee-oooo-ti-ful!!

*Snap* Ok, back to reality.

cheers,

Jabberwocky

No601_prangster
12-08-2004, 04:23 PM
Thanks Jabberwocky http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

zacklaws
12-08-2004, 04:29 PM
Hi All

A Mosquito in the game would be brilliant. I have been getting attached lately to the Beaufighter and planning on when I get time to knock up a mission based on the film 633 squadron. Long distance flight, Low level, on the map with the roughest terrain,Unsuspected AA positions, the odd encounter with enemy fighters, plenty of navigation from the map, and a pinpoint target. A good old Mossie in the game would be the bee's knee's for fast low level raids.

Any chance of a heavy water plant, Gestapo headquarters, a Prison, etc in the game as well. LOL

Jabberwocky_
12-08-2004, 05:26 PM
To Prangster :

Aha! 'Tis the maker himself that thanks me for recognizing your true talent and dedication. I bow to you, dear sir. With people like you, this series is as sound as ever. I pored over your model very closely, and I can only speculate that the only reason we haven't seen it yet is because Dear Old Oleg is saving it for a retail add-on expansion. Call me crazy, but if your Mossie was uploaded back in Aug, heck, that's plenty 'o time to jimmy it into spec for the PF release. So yeah, that must be it. PF add on material, Prangster. Either way, you've built a smokin' rendition of her. She is my numero uno favourite ww2 bird. I get wood for the wooden wonder. Heh.

Cheers,

Jabberwocky

Major Kong: Now, boys, we got three engines out; we got more holes in us than a horse trader's mule, the radio's gone and we're leaking fuel, and if we's flying any lower, why, we'd need sleigh bells on this thing. But we got one little budge on them russkies, at this height, why, they might harpoon us but
they dang sure ain't gonna spot us on no radar screen!

flemsha
12-08-2004, 06:38 PM
Yeah I love the Mozzie, I think part of it is that I see it as the ancestor of modern bombers. Fast, with no defensive armament and flying low to deliver ordanance at a point target.

The big bomber had its day in WW2, but the Mozzie showed where the future would lie.