PDA

View Full Version : Sneaking into Scapa

CRSutton
03-28-2006, 12:12 PM
Tried to do it last night for the first time. Went in on the surface in one of the lesser channels but must have grounded or hit a net. Black screen. Do I have to go through a main channel and are there nets? Vanila SHIII

CRSutton
03-28-2006, 12:12 PM
Tried to do it last night for the first time. Went in on the surface in one of the lesser channels but must have grounded or hit a net. Black screen. Do I have to go through a main channel and are there nets? Vanila SHIII

JU88
03-28-2006, 02:04 PM
In vanilla SH3, enter through the west channel, if got GW the east enterence is open!

lecek
03-28-2006, 02:31 PM
You can also enter from the south if you are east of scapa.

Stick to the north shore. When you get to the final enterance, the first north facing enterence, you need to stay at least 1.5 km from the shore. There is a due east/west sub net extending from both shores.

This screenshot shows the eastern net. The western net extends 1.5km exactly opposit. The 2.6 km lines show how far from a land based spotlight I was when my crew spotted it.

http://www.mnsi.net/~mhumenny/ScapaNets.jpg

hueywolf123
03-28-2006, 02:43 PM
Yep, what Lecek said, but there are two DD's moored just before that net very close to shore, run slow (no visible wake) and don't be tempted. Head to your main target objective, one of the DD's will be on it's way in once you've done your thing, so do the Royal Oak with one bow shot, turn 180 for a stern shot and sit tight. Once he's gone past head out the way you came in and take out the moored DD. Head back East, once out there you will find the odd steamer or two making their way down the British coast.
Good luck