PDA

View Full Version : Stealthy vs. Aggressive Game Modes

Sprint-Please
01-31-2011, 03:02 PM
I may not know anything about coding and game development, but there could simply be two sections depending on the person's play style.

With both modes rewarding each respective play style.

If an aggressive player goes into a stealthy game type match, he would be forced to be discouraged.

Let's say, a 50 point deduction from inciting a chase, and no bonuses above discreet when both target and pursuer are on the roof.

However, in the aggressive game match, there can be encouragements for being well... aggressive.

Let's say, a 100 point increase for killing your target right after he has killed his target. Or a 100 point increase for outrunning your pursuer under a set amount of time.

I would elaborate, but I'm short on time.
Perhaps not for ACB, but this would be a good step towards AC3's multi-player component.

Sprint-Please
01-31-2011, 03:02 PM
I may not know anything about coding and game development, but there could simply be two sections depending on the person's play style.

With both modes rewarding each respective play style.

If an aggressive player goes into a stealthy game type match, he would be forced to be discouraged.

Let's say, a 50 point deduction from inciting a chase, and no bonuses above discreet when both target and pursuer are on the roof.

However, in the aggressive game match, there can be encouragements for being well... aggressive.

Let's say, a 100 point increase for killing your target right after he has killed his target. Or a 100 point increase for outrunning your pursuer under a set amount of time.

I would elaborate, but I'm short on time.
Perhaps not for ACB, but this would be a good step towards AC3's multi-player component.

xCr0wnedNorris
01-31-2011, 03:07 PM
Yeah, I'd like specific game modes to accomodate people who play differently, you can have the hardcore stealth modes, hardcore running modes, and the regular ones where it's all mashed together.

obliviondoll
01-31-2011, 03:17 PM
Congrats!

I think this is the first time a thread has started off saying to make stealth-specific AND aggressive game modes. Most say one or the other (usually stealth, because people here hate runners), and ignore the alternative.

My suggestion for both sides is just to alter scoring.

For a stealth mode:

Kill/Aerial Kill = 0 points
Acrobatic = +0
Incognito = +400
Silent = +250
Discreet = +50

Basically, chase kills will earn nothing, Incognito kills will be unaffected in terms of points, Silent get 50 points less than usual, and Discreet gets 100 points less.

As for making an aggressive-type mode for runners, I thought the easiest way would be to eliminate bonuses altogether, and just give players 300 points per kill, and no other bonus for anything - highest number of kills = winner.

Sprint-Please
01-31-2011, 04:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:
Congrats!

I think this is the first time a thread has started off saying to make stealth-specific AND aggressive game modes. Most say one or the other (usually stealth, because people here hate runners), and ignore the alternative.

My suggestion for both sides is just to alter scoring.

For a stealth mode:

Kill/Aerial Kill = 0 points
Acrobatic = +0
Incognito = +400
Silent = +250
Discreet = +50

Basically, chase kills will earn nothing, Incognito kills will be unaffected in terms of points, Silent get 50 points less than usual, and Discreet gets 100 points less.

As for making an aggressive-type mode for runners, I thought the easiest way would be to eliminate bonuses altogether, and just give players 300 points per kill, and no other bonus for anything - highest number of kills = winner. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Definitely some good suggestions! I agree with the aggressive 300 point per kill, but if so, there needs to be different ranks for both stealthy and aggressive game modes. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

obliviondoll
01-31-2011, 04:40 PM
There already should be different ranking for team and solo modes.

Templar Grade is kind of introducing that, though.

Also, with 300 points per kill, decently-skilled aggressive players getting 15 kills will still be able to break 4000 points total, which is a pretty standard "good player" score. Both modes cut back only slightly on the amount of points a player is likely to earn, so you could get away with keeping them bundled with regular scores with less trouble than trying to compare Manhunt and Wanted...

Phyxsius-
01-31-2011, 06:59 PM
I like to add further to the stealth idea:

1. Banned abilities: Charge, Templar Vision, Streaks of any kind (debateable.. maybe ban the last 2 or only the x2)

2. Make entering high profile more sensitive = half the normal time for each case

3. Some anti-roof-camp rule that can accomodate running but not "circling the same spot".

I can bet I had at least one more in mind, but it`s almost morning and I need sleep. Will edit this as I get more ideas or get these shot down by future posts.

[EDIT]Again, I must point out that Oblivion Doll`s idea can be griefed: I score some decent 2-3 kills+ 1 poison, get a 1000-1500 point kill then camp roof. Sure... this game will attract only stealth players but it will also attract griefers too.. heavily.

DannyStrong
01-31-2011, 08:23 PM
I think the issue is that too many people want to use all their ability slots for low profile kills (because this is what gives you the most points), and they get irritated when people aren't just allowing themselves to fall into your smokebomb traps or when they aren't on the ground where you can use your long lasting poison.

But if you switch to start using some "high profile" abilities then you can no longer get those high scoring points.. all you can do is get a bunch of small 150 point kills and stuff, and eventually youll stumble into someone being blended and they'll get a hidden+incognito+poison+variety and then you go FFFUUUUUUUUUUU.

Instead of trying to conform everyone to killing the way that people want to take out their targets. I think ubisoft should legitimatize more high profile tactics. Kills should be able to get bonuses for both "style" and "silence". There should be more ways to do high profile kills/more assassination moves/high profile abilities. They should add more abilities and then break up or alter all abilities to be either high profile or low profile abilities. Each player then gets to choose 4 abilities (2 high profile and 2 low profile) which are swiched between using the Right trigger. Chases are lots of fun, but it's a shame that it's never worth it to get into a chase. It should be possible for chases to end with lots of points given out to either the pursuer or the target.

Now you can play the game using whichever tactic you think works best for scoring the most points. But you won't be completely at a loss if your target's style doesn't match your ability load out set. You have to judge your target and figure out if your best off going in slow and silent, or if your best off doing something high profile and fancy.

This would particualrly help balance out wanted mode. Which is currently very easy for the person in 1st place. All they have to do is blend and get tons of hidden/silent kills as all the players gravitate towards them. And if one of their pursuers do kill them it's always worth 100 points or so because there are 3 pursuers competing for the same kill, all going at it high profile, the person going in low profile will never get any points. (This prevents anyone from ever taking 1st place because only 1st place can get the high scoring kills). However, if it were possible to get high scoring high profile kills, then this mechanic wouldn't be as broken anymore.