PDA

View Full Version : The run/jump system. Your oppinion?

Benjaminrk
01-15-2010, 02:26 PM
In AC1 the way you moved was amazing! I got blown away by it and even the next Prince of Persia was nowhere near as good, when you look at what you would do.
Now in AC2 I only see small improvements. AM I the only one who had expected an the run/jump times 2? What I mean is: Did you not expect AC2 to have even more awsome running mechanics? Instead of just small improvements here and there.

What do you think?

Benjaminrk
01-15-2010, 02:26 PM
In AC1 the way you moved was amazing! I got blown away by it and even the next Prince of Persia was nowhere near as good, when you look at what you would do.
Now in AC2 I only see small improvements. AM I the only one who had expected an the run/jump times 2? What I mean is: Did you not expect AC2 to have even more awsome running mechanics? Instead of just small improvements here and there.

What do you think?

FiskMunk
01-15-2010, 02:50 PM
I'm not sure - It works, doesn't it? What could they improve, other than perhaps making it look somewhat more fluent? Although I bet that would be hard to pull off.

As a small addition though, I guess I would like some kind of wall run + flip-animation? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Like Giovanni does in the Lineage episodes http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif It would look cooler than simply running up a wall and then jumping away from it, as you can do if you're trapped in a corner and need to jump over your enemies.

bladencrowd
01-15-2010, 02:58 PM
I expected the same, just faster and with special moves.

Benjaminrk
01-15-2010, 02:59 PM
I'm sure they could work something out. The flip thing is one suggestion. Running on the side of a building for a few second could be another. I'm sure they could have figured something out if they had to.

itsamea-mario
01-15-2010, 04:01 PM
no theyre supposed to use parkour (efficient movement ie no flips) not free running (stylish version) even tho it says freerun in the hud, and its much more effective jumping a gap than wall running, this game is supposed to have a sense of realism.

DLTyrus
01-15-2010, 04:47 PM
I agree, the free running you can do in Assassin's Creed is already awesome (and in some cases pushing the boundaries of realism as it is, but with the latest storyline developments it seems allowable.) There's no need for the assassin to start pulling crazy movie stunts like running across walls and crap.

sgt_brent
01-15-2010, 05:00 PM
I don't think there is any room for improvement, to be honest..

From AC1 to AC2 - The only improvement that I, personally, noticed where the quickness of the wall climbing, and running along narrow beams.. One of the coolest new features in AC2 were those hangy plant things on corners.. Those are great! I was so excited for those before the game came out! A way to navigate corners while free running like that was a big bonus..

I think the changes in free-running should be based around the environment and building types.. I think that if your holding onto the ledge of any wall, with character feet planted on the wall - That the sideways navigating of the wall should be a lot quicker.. Kinda like the new way Sam Fisher in Splinter Cell navigates ledges..

See 2:46 of this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvC0m7nYuK8).. It's a quicker and more fluid movement..

Avl521
01-16-2010, 08:39 AM
yeah I like that sideways movement, it's faster so it helps.