PDA

View Full Version : Problems with the new rig

Pyrres
09-15-2007, 08:28 AM
I know this is not the community help forum, but I thought I get more answers this way. I bought a new rig, got it working properly. Everything fine untill I installed Silent hunter 3. Then my sounds got lost, I figured it had installed some weird sounddrivers, and tried to use the onboard soundcard. I uninstalled the drivers and booted. Now the problem is that it says I have two different PCI devices that does not work properly, it tries to find drivers, does not find and when I disable the everything is fine.

It would be nice to know what is going on. Because those PCI devices appear under system devices. I would not like to fry my new rig.

Pyrres
09-15-2007, 08:28 AM
I know this is not the community help forum, but I thought I get more answers this way. I bought a new rig, got it working properly. Everything fine untill I installed Silent hunter 3. Then my sounds got lost, I figured it had installed some weird sounddrivers, and tried to use the onboard soundcard. I uninstalled the drivers and booted. Now the problem is that it says I have two different PCI devices that does not work properly, it tries to find drivers, does not find and when I disable the everything is fine.

It would be nice to know what is going on. Because those PCI devices appear under system devices. I would not like to fry my new rig.

Taylortony
09-15-2007, 09:07 AM
Pyress this is not the Silent hunter thread but the IL2 one........ Though saying that ask in our community help/ technical support, these guys rock on stuff like this..

link to it here, re ask you question there http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/ubb.x?a=frm&s=400102&f=49310655

I would say though, on start up if you go into set up can you not disable the onboard sound there?

Pyrres
09-15-2007, 09:15 AM
Done.

And I know that this is not the SH forum, but I happen to know that here is quite cabable guys that know a lot. And the thing is. I dont even play sh, I just installed it to be sure I had everything ready if I felt like playing it. And this screws also my Il2 playing if the computer fries.