PDA

View Full Version : Sourcing IL2 '46

furyan65
05-22-2008, 06:27 PM
Hey all.

Anyone know where I can get this game from!? Simple enough request I know but for our biggest game supplier here in New Zealand it seems to be a drama! How come? Ive heard you can still get the DVD copy of 46 easily.
Can anyone suggest a good safe place I can get it from? Im sure Id still beat the supplier here if I went out on myself and got it, just I cant seem to find it anywhere.

Plse help. Thanks.

furyan65
05-22-2008, 06:27 PM
Hey all.

Anyone know where I can get this game from!? Simple enough request I know but for our biggest game supplier here in New Zealand it seems to be a drama! How come? Ive heard you can still get the DVD copy of 46 easily.
Can anyone suggest a good safe place I can get it from? Im sure Id still beat the supplier here if I went out on myself and got it, just I cant seem to find it anywhere.

Plse help. Thanks.

R33GZ
05-22-2008, 07:34 PM
Hi Furyan... I just had the same problem, but managed to find a copy in the dark depths of **** Smith's storage room in Newmarket, Auckland.

Apparently there are a few stores that still have a copies... just off the top of my head, they were Papakura, Pakuranga and Onehunga.

I found this through a search on the **** Smith website - www.dse.co.nz (http://www.dse.co.nz)

I have to say though... dont get your hopes up, the copy I just purchased had no box, or manual... just the 2 DVD discs for a discounted price, dodgey to say the least

Now all I have to do is figure out why IL2 1946 looks exactly the same as the Pacific Fighters stand alone :-/

Cheers

steiner562
05-22-2008, 07:47 PM
Wohay! lived by Newmarket for over a year before moving back to Europehttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif,one tip guys I can give about **** Smiths(love the way the ubi filter censored it!), make them check on the computer for other store stocks of the game even if they say they have no record of the game instore,they dont seem to be the best at stock taking or keeping tabs to say the least.

furyan65
05-22-2008, 10:04 PM
Hmmm not sounding hopeful then is it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Wonder why its so hard to get!??

halfcool
05-22-2008, 10:32 PM
This game is rediculously hard to get, I'm not gonna name all 10 stores I went to. Found it, a lone copy in London Drugs PC shop. Best of luck to ya, cause this game is difficult to find.

steiner562
05-22-2008, 10:34 PM
You could try the Ubi shop for digital DL.

Sirrith
05-23-2008, 02:11 AM
What about ebay or amazon? even with overseas shipping it would probably end up cheaper than the NZ$69 that the **** smith shop is asking for.

general_kalle
05-23-2008, 03:07 AM
1C could earn alot of money of they produced some IL246 boxes with 4.09 on (when it comes out)
till BOB comes out they could still sqeeze alot of money out of this game.

x6BL_Brando
05-23-2008, 03:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I have to say though... dont get your hopes up, the copy I just purchased had no box, or manual... just the 2 DVD discs for a discounted price, dodgey to say the least </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pity about the box, but there is no printed manual anyway. You will find that as a .pdf file on one of the discs along with other guides to various techniques, like level bombing in the Pe2 and suchlike.
The discs should be labelled on the topsides giving the publishers name, developers name and a picture of an aircraft etc. If they aren't then the may indeed be copies.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Now all I have to do is figure out why IL2 1946 looks exactly the same as the Pacific Fighters stand alone :-/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

IL-2 46 will load to a separate folder from any other version. Make sure that you have (a) the right discs, and (b) check the version number when you start the game. It's in the lower left corner of the splash screen and should be 4.07m. Disc 1 should contain all the game right from Forgotten Battles, through AEP & PF, and the three add-ons, 4.05, 06 and 07; all merged into one.

B

Mercanario
05-23-2008, 04:36 AM
try harvey norman or trademe.co.nz