PDA

View Full Version : Question About Steam + Gamestop/EB Games

Pyrohail
11-22-2011, 01:56 AM
If I were too buy Revolations through Gamestop/EB Games, would I be able to activate the game through Steam? I buy most of my games just through Steam, but I've bought Homefront in store, and I activated it through Steam.

I'm not talking about just having the game show up as a non-steam game in my library? I'm just trying to figure out the best way to buy the game for PC.

Pyrohail
11-22-2011, 01:56 AM
If I were too buy Revolations through Gamestop/EB Games, would I be able to activate the game through Steam? I buy most of my games just through Steam, but I've bought Homefront in store, and I activated it through Steam.

I'm not talking about just having the game show up as a non-steam game in my library? I'm just trying to figure out the best way to buy the game for PC.

varunb
11-22-2011, 02:42 AM
No. You won't be able to activate it on Steam unless you buy it directly from Steam. You must understand that this game doesn't uses Steamworks as DRM. This game uses Ubisoft's own proprietary system. The key(s) you will get will be used to activate the game in your Ubisoft account & not your steam account.

Pyrohail
11-22-2011, 03:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by varunb:
No. You won't be able to activate it on Steam unless you buy it directly from Steam. You must understand that this game doesn't uses Steamworks as DRM. This game uses Ubisoft's own proprietary system. The key(s) you will get will be used to activate the game in your Ubisoft account & not your steam account. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif That's what I thought after looking through the forums, but I just wanted to know for sure.