Wildnoob
10-17-2011, 01:35 PM
It is modelated?

Wildnoob
10-17-2011, 01:35 PM
It is modelated?

Tully__
10-17-2011, 05:28 PM
As far as I'm aware the supercharger is always on in any of the supercharger equipped aircraft modelled in game.

In some aircraft the supercharger can be switched to different speeds, but this is to keep manifold pressure in the correct range as local air pressure decreases with altitude. If you have the correct supercharger speed for your altitude selected, fuel consumption should be fairly consistent.

Wildnoob
10-17-2011, 08:32 PM
The LW test report of the La-5FN states the following:

"Attention is drawn to the short endurace of about 40 min at rated power and less with the supercharger engaged."

From the book Luftwaffe Test Pilot, by Hans Lerch.

Tully__
10-17-2011, 10:18 PM
That sounds like a poor translation from the original German. As far as I can tell from a quick look around the web, all versions of the La5 had either "always on" superchargers or in the case of some of the early production run on the original La5, no supercharger. If this is true, I suspect that the translation should read

"Attention is drawn to the short endurace of about 40 min at rated power and less with maximum boost (manifold pressure) engaged."

Which is more or less what you'd expect, higher boost (throttle settings) use fuel quicker.

JtD
10-18-2011, 01:43 PM
It's about engaging the second gear of the supercharger. Not quite how it works in game.