PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Saitek X-52

richunix
01-13-2005, 04:14 PM
Anyone,

How can I get the game (Pacific Fighter/IL-2)to see any of the buttons. Tried the IL-2.dat file, nothing more than I was able to do before. Limited button/hotas function. Not all the butons work, and they won't program either. Note: Nothing is wrong with Saitek stick...just when I use it in Pacific/IL-2 game
Richard

capt_frank
01-13-2005, 04:29 PM
join this forum, slots 'o answers!

http://www.saitekforum.com/index.php?

Chivas
01-13-2005, 11:02 PM
Do all the buttons light up when pressed in the Saitek Control Panel, and did you load the SST software. And you must set the axis and some rotary functions in the Game Hotas Control Panel.

VF-29_Sandman
01-14-2005, 05:57 AM
also keep in mind that, if u want to program a function on the stick, the command for that function has to match exactly. example: bombsight velocity increase= { bombsight velocity decrease= }

now if u'd want to program the sight to a stick key, u need to open the programming software, click on the button(s) u want to program it to, and use the exact same keystrokes for that command. unless they match, the command from the stick will not work. something like this would run better set up as an 'advanced command' with very little delay. that way, as long as u hold the button, the command will run.

XyZspineZyX
01-14-2005, 07:42 AM
Create your profile first....the programming software is a key mapper and easy to use.
(Well, except for getting the ministick mouse to stop behaving like a mouse and become a POV, but that is another tail)

Then...remember to select your profile (icon in the taskbar) before firing up PF. If you do not have your profile active, your stick buttons won't work, except for those that you have assigned ingame.
The programmer gets all the buttons to work properly, especially if you want to load up the 3 different available levels (modes)

richunix
01-14-2005, 08:31 AM
Thanks a bunch. But. I've programmed the Saitek using the porfile editor, saved it and started it prior to the game. But once I'm in the game, the only buttons to work are the ones I have to map in PF using the input control screen. It's like PF doesn't even see the stick profile. At a loss but thanks again.
Richard

Fehler
01-14-2005, 08:49 AM
The way I did it was to map the X-45 in the profiler as keystrokes for everything except the rotories and axis. Then go into the IL2 configuration in the game and program the same buttons. That way, the joystick is actually giving key stroke commands and not input commands to the game. I found this better because you can never lose your stick in the game (As some people do at times) and if you forget to start up your joystick profile prior to a game (Like if you joined a coop and it has started and you suddenly realized you forgot to start your profile), you can simply hit <Alt><Tab> and start the profile without actually leaving the game. This works because your joystick becomes a keyboard instead of having to interface with the game, thus it gives the key stroke commands to whatever window you have open, in this case, IL2.

Chivas
01-14-2005, 12:13 PM
While your in the game does your profiles name appear on the MFD screen of the throttle?