PDA

View Full Version : Character name connections.

camdog27
06-08-2010, 05:03 AM
True Believers.

Through a bit of research. I have come across something I would like to share.

I'm Sure most people know that Altair means "The flying one" and his last name means "Son of no one"

besides the fact Altair had no real relationship with his parents. I think he has been given this name because he is "the first"
and lead the way of Assassins after Al-Mualim.

from playing bloodlines, we discover that Altair heads east. to Cyprus perhaps to Greece. then Italy.

The reason I say this is because
"Ezio"'s name is the Italian version, of the Greek name "Aetso", which means eagle.

Ezio's family name is Auditore. this is extremely similar to the English word "Auditory".
which means, "the hearer"
you have been to your school Auditorium, where you would have been classed as an Auditor, a listener.

because Ezio is said to be a prophet, this is very appropriate.

Desmond Miles.
I found out one of the many meanings for Desmond is "The world" or "Man of/for the world"

combine this with his last name, it means next to nothing.
perhaps his last name is short for "Milestone"

a milestone is something worth noting, a significant event in a time-line.

given that Desmond's world is expected to end soon.

I would call that a Milestone.

Altair, The First.
Ezio, The Hearer
Desmond, The Milestone.

I'm not saying my theories are correct. or that I have even posted this in the right spot.

Its just something I would prefer to share with everyone, rather than let knowledge fade away.

and would love people to add to this in anyway

cheers.

camdog27
06-08-2010, 05:03 AM
True Believers.

Through a bit of research. I have come across something I would like to share.

I'm Sure most people know that Altair means "The flying one" and his last name means "Son of no one"

besides the fact Altair had no real relationship with his parents. I think he has been given this name because he is "the first"
and lead the way of Assassins after Al-Mualim.

from playing bloodlines, we discover that Altair heads east. to Cyprus perhaps to Greece. then Italy.

The reason I say this is because
"Ezio"'s name is the Italian version, of the Greek name "Aetso", which means eagle.

Ezio's family name is Auditore. this is extremely similar to the English word "Auditory".
which means, "the hearer"
you have been to your school Auditorium, where you would have been classed as an Auditor, a listener.

because Ezio is said to be a prophet, this is very appropriate.

Desmond Miles.
I found out one of the many meanings for Desmond is "The world" or "Man of/for the world"

combine this with his last name, it means next to nothing.
perhaps his last name is short for "Milestone"

a milestone is something worth noting, a significant event in a time-line.

given that Desmond's world is expected to end soon.

I would call that a Milestone.

Altair, The First.
Ezio, The Hearer
Desmond, The Milestone.

I'm not saying my theories are correct. or that I have even posted this in the right spot.

Its just something I would prefer to share with everyone, rather than let knowledge fade away.

and would love people to add to this in anyway

cheers.

Ru1986
06-08-2010, 06:06 AM
I have herd this before it is interesting actaully nice post mate very nice.

itsamea-mario
06-08-2010, 01:19 PM
yeah i never new that the name desmond had any relevance. also i never thought about, sone of none, implying that he was the first. very good.

Fairus60
06-08-2010, 04:30 PM
Excelent theories my friend. But the only thing taht doesnt really seem that ok is about Altair being the first, since developers said Altair was only in the middle of the lineage, but maybe he was the first to study profoundly the piece of eden

samward
06-10-2010, 01:32 PM
I knew the meaning of their first names, but not not their last names...very interesting. Love it when names have significant meanings to a persons destiny.

john63
06-12-2010, 12:04 AM
If I remember correctly, the translation of ezio's name came up in the months before AC2's release. I think the last name "Auditore" means judge. But I might be remembering incorrectly... :S

VMGINC002
06-17-2010, 10:21 AM
i was curious about what the names meant also..when i researched auditore, i got several sources saying that it loosely translates into judge, which i think is more suitable...

ezio auditore = eagle judge

mikeh1294
06-17-2010, 03:38 PM
I always thought Auditore was "Auditor", due to his family being big in banking, and an auditor is someone who sorts out money, is it not?

Although your theory does make sense.
- Altair is the first one, the one who starts the whole Templar vs. Assassins off.
- Ezio is told about the impending doom of the world, he has to listen, or take note of it.
- Desmond, well, "The World" speaks for itself, as he is the one who is going to save it (hopefully!). "The Milestone" seems right. Combine the two, and paraphrasing slightly, you get "The Milestone of the World", or a big event in the Earth's history.

Although, the correct meaning of "Miles" as a last name is that you are descended from a soldier, fitting in with the Assassin past.

Echo Yin
06-18-2010, 08:44 PM
surely your opions are partly corrected, and knowledge would never fade away. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Lost's leading role named in Desmond as well as Desmond is somehow a psychologic word(not sure)