PDA

View Full Version : Uberdemon UQMB Help

OldPepper
06-29-2010, 04:12 PM
Hi all, it's been a VERY long time since I've been around, but here I am. And I'm not the other OldPepper. I'm the newer one (circa 2006).

Anyway, I am really hoping someone could help me locate an installer for the SuperAwesome Uberdemon Quick Mission Builder. I've switched computers and lost any remnants of that program and I really miss it.

I've done the searching and it just seems Uberdemon stopped supporting it, or, I hope not, had a life crisis of some kind.

If any of you have a copy I would really really appreciate the files.

It is one of the best fan made programs for any game I have found. And with a new computer, I wanted to try really heavy Pacific Naval battles.

Thanks for any info.

All the best.
Oldepper aka IronKestrel

OldPepper
06-29-2010, 04:12 PM
Hi all, it's been a VERY long time since I've been around, but here I am. And I'm not the other OldPepper. I'm the newer one (circa 2006).

Anyway, I am really hoping someone could help me locate an installer for the SuperAwesome Uberdemon Quick Mission Builder. I've switched computers and lost any remnants of that program and I really miss it.

I've done the searching and it just seems Uberdemon stopped supporting it, or, I hope not, had a life crisis of some kind.

If any of you have a copy I would really really appreciate the files.

It is one of the best fan made programs for any game I have found. And with a new computer, I wanted to try really heavy Pacific Naval battles.

Thanks for any info.

All the best.
Oldepper aka IronKestrel

Bearcat99
06-29-2010, 05:20 PM
U.Q.M.G. (http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=367)

U.Q.M.B. (http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=366)

The U.Q.M.G. is good... and it was the first... but I prefer this....

Mission Mate (http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=8)

OldPepper
06-29-2010, 05:39 PM
WOW! Fantastic.

I joined Mission4Today and I'm downloading this. Thank you so much.

Is HyperLobby still how folks join multiplay?

I have been away a long time and setting up my keys and TrackIR now.

What about Voice? It used to be TeamSpeak? But now there must be newer better VOX programs.

How does the IL2 DieHard do CO Op and such these days? Sorry if I seem newb, but I've just been away making a living!

Thanks BearCat. I remember you, actually! I was a newb then as I am now!

OP

OldPepper
06-29-2010, 05:46 PM
Wow. I just realized and I am downloading the last UQMB installers as well.

You have made an old Pilot very happy! Thanks Bearcat! Totally awesome.

So, Hyperlobby and Teamspeak Still? How does everyone do the IL2 thing these days?

Man, I just realized I started Il2 in 2004... Oldie but a goodie. Sadly I'm still a dang rookie!

Fogmaster_
06-29-2010, 06:12 PM
there is teamspeak3 now which is a great improvement to TS2 as far as voice quality is concerned.

WTE_Galway
06-29-2010, 07:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OldPepper:
Wow. I just realized and I am downloading the last UQMB installers as well.

You have made an old Pilot very happy! Thanks Bearcat! Totally awesome.

So, Hyperlobby and Teamspeak Still? How does everyone do the IL2 thing these days?

Man, I just realized I started Il2 in 2004... Oldie but a goodie. Sadly I'm still a dang rookie! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hyperlobby but the community is split between generic 4.09m servers and those using one of a variety of mod packs.

OldPepper
06-29-2010, 08:50 PM
Well, I'm more a purist, but could try a mod.

It's been a long time, but I love the purity of IL2.

Any of you guys want a new old IL2 pilot to include in co-op's, Campaigns, or dog fights? I am not a super talent, but would love to play historical missions and scenarios the most.

Let me know. I'd love to reconnect with the IL2 crowd of 3 years ago! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Just good pure sim fun. Some of my faves were the P-47 Train strafe missions. Or the IL-2 tank Column ground attack missions.

I'm old school. If you need a human in a cockpit, let me know. I'm good for at least 2 nights a week. Eastern US.

Bearcat99
06-30-2010, 09:24 AM
The nice thing about the two major mod packs out is that once you install them you can switch between the stock 4.09 and whatever modded version you are using.

The Mods are very nicely done overall.. however there are some that are not that good.. and as some feared they have fractured the community somewhat.. but this community is pretty resilient.. I personally think that once the official 4.10 patch comes out many will go that route.. especially since it will have the Zuti Moving Dogfight Server functionality officially built into it.

Oleg is no longer supporting the sim himself but he has given the greenlight to a very talented and dedicated group of IL2ers and they are releasing official patches (which are basically mods but mods that meet the high standards of 1C and are released with the approval of 1C.. which the initial "unoffical" mods were not) and are supposed to be supporting the sim with 1C's support and blessings until such support will once and for all be ended.

1C is working on a new sim seriers called Storm Of War with it's first installment being The Battle of Britain. The is mainly speculation as to the exact time of it's release, some even think it is not coming.. but I have no doubt that eventually it will be released and like it's predecessor IL2 it will raise the standard of Combat Flight Sims to an entirely new level once again revolutionizing the genre.

Also.. give Mission mate a try.. The U.Q.M.G. was good.. is still good.. but IMO MM is easier to use and has more recent support than The U.Q.M.G. Give it a try.

p-11.cAce
06-30-2010, 10:40 AM
Welcome back http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Bearcat99
06-30-2010, 12:27 PM
You might also want to consider spending some time @ M4T.. there is so much good stuff there... M4T is the old Mudmovers and Airwarfare.com

Also consider hitting the Nugget's Guide and Essentials threads in my sig..........