PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Want To Be Focused On In The 5th Driver? UPDATED!!!!!

DriverKid
07-18-2007, 01:09 PM
Personally I want better car physics and damage focused on in the next driver. If you watch shows or have even been in a car crash, you know that the car kind of digs into the other, but in the Driver games I always thought it was solid and always one kind of damage on the cars.

DriverKid
07-18-2007, 01:09 PM
Personally I want better car physics and damage focused on in the next driver. If you watch shows or have even been in a car crash, you know that the car kind of digs into the other, but in the Driver games I always thought it was solid and always one kind of damage on the cars.

Driverman2006
07-18-2007, 03:25 PM
I picked the first option. I want to have all of the vehicles back from all the Driver and Stuntman games as well as a $#!+ load of new ones too (all operable of course). And they should all function realistically.

Slayer_591
07-19-2007, 11:41 AM
First Option

Let there be a HUGE selection of vehicles to choose from and destroy..I mean drive. Okay drive and then blow them up. hehe

InsaneDriver06
07-19-2007, 08:13 PM
I want realistic physics, but with slight exaggeration, so when you crash, there's a huge impact at high speeds, tossing both cars into the air, spinning out of control.

Vehicles should include more of everything, including cars, sportbikes, race cars, muscle cars, trucks, vans, 18 wheelers, boats, trains, planes, helicopters, formula One racers, stock car racers, and more, each with "Career Missions" for each type of unique vehicle class.

KORTECK
07-20-2007, 10:58 AM
I chose better AI simply because, what's the fun in driving all these cool cars if no one's chasing you?

If there had been an option for "none of the above" I would have selected that.
That's because even though I always want more and better vehicles, I mostly want a film director to replay the action.
I'm satisfied with the cars and damage for now, so I'd rather see emphasis on the FD.

Assaultmachine1
07-20-2007, 12:13 PM
It's too bad that my Multiple Career Concept and many other ideas weren't mentioned here. Film Director, and many others, would be needed for Reflections to know about, especially in a poll like this. I'd have to say that this happened because you, DriverKid, didn't take a look at all of the Driver discussions at this forum. If you would've done that and included a list for the poll that practically covers all that we've discussed, I would've not felt dissapointed.

As for what to vote now because of the poll, I have to say that New Vehicles/Better Physics is the most important option. Seeing more driving missions, more playable character, a longer story, a better story, and smarter AI are all good, but if we can't see new vehicles and better physics for them, it won't do much to help the franchise at all. The driving factor is the most important thing about the series and having a huge variety of driving experiences is very important, especially at looking for new vehicles and better physics to include.

InsaneDriver06
07-20-2007, 07:52 PM
Good points above.

One thing I really want to see in the next Driver is tons of backroads with speed bumps, hills to fly over, twists, blind turns and cliffs to ramp off of. Only these types of roads can offer the driving action to take Driver to the next level, unlike the mostly straight roads and predictable city streets in the previous Driver games. More along the lines of Nice, but using Test Drive Unlimited's roads as the best example.

Assaultmachine1
07-21-2007, 01:09 PM
I would certainly love a city with mountains and lots of terrain, as mentioned about the kind of city that I would like to see in the one other thread, which Colorado's Denver and Colorado Springs would fit perfectly into such a category. They are possibly the best cities to have Reflections work with in helping push the driving experience further than ever for the next Driver game.

InsaneDriver06
07-22-2007, 07:52 AM
The problem I see with constantly keeping the game mostly on city roads, though a city is important to include, is the straight roads with 90 degree turns. It becomes mostly repetitive and dull, driving the same pattern roads over and over. Havana offered some decent variety with the wooded, turning streets, but could have used more hills and bumps to get some vehicle airtime.

Assaultmachine1
07-23-2007, 10:15 PM
I know and that is exactly why we need more roads that make your vehicles jump and fly high in the air. As a new city, I'd say that Colorado's Denver and/or Colorado Springs would be the best option(s) for the next Driver game. There is probably no city better than these two, except another with almost the same kinds of different roads, which it would have to include are mountains, hills, urban areas, and suburban areas to feel great for a game. Also, some desert areas would be great too. I think that Colorado might have seen some desert-like areas, so it would be the perfect state in the next Driver game. If we can't do very much with the land vehicles in the next Driver game and if there are, once again, 70% or more straight roads in the game, I don't think that it will be a very big experience at all. We should even be able to go all the way up a mountain that is either reachable by climbing or just by driving. Nothing like this has ever been seen in a Driver game and I would really find it as a neat idea.

Anti_Ship_Fella
07-24-2007, 01:50 PM
first option but all of those would make Driver a better game than GTA and all of those Careers poll

InsaneDriver06
07-24-2007, 06:05 PM
Yeah, straight roads are okay for certain driving events and for freeways, but just imagine driving down a straight line over and over at 88 mph. Kind of like playing Driv3r IMO, where the car won't go fast enough to make use of the straight roads, and with the lack of enough traffic, the game feels slow and a bit dull. Speed it up times two, and it would get interesting.

More hills, bumps, ramps, twists, blind corners, cliffs in the next Driver please. And add some "James Bond/Dukes of Hazzard broken bridges across the water" jumps too.

Symantecus
07-25-2007, 12:27 PM
Your poll is missing the HEART and SOUL of the Driver franchise. The ability to record/edit and replay Hollywood style chase scenes: THE FILM DIRECTOR.

DriverKid
08-19-2007, 07:32 PM
I recently updated the poll and it includes more of the stuff you want lol.

InsaneDriver06
08-20-2007, 06:46 PM
I picked Multiple Career Paths. Good list of options.

Improved physics/driving is something Reflections automatically will focus on, so taking driving games in a new direction with tons of driving related vehicles and tasks would be cool to see. My next option would be more on foot tasks and abilities.

driver_madness
08-21-2007, 04:07 AM
I mainly wanted to see online and Film Director.
Together there are unlimited possibilities.

But lots of other gameplay related things need to be heavily improved as well.

This includes:
New Vehicles/Better Physics
Smarter AI (we need really smart cops)
More Driving Missions: Maybe not more in the storyline, just enough to leave the story really solid. We need more side mission type things. Missions which cover just about everything.

and back to online; we need at least 60 in one multiplayer match with Film Director functionality. That'd be so amazing.

DriverKid
08-21-2007, 11:28 AM
I really like your ideas driver_madness. With next gen systems that might be possible. heck I might have to get rid of my Xbox to upgrade soon!

Driverman2006
08-21-2007, 06:11 PM
Hmmm, I'm suprised "Deep Vehicle Customization" isn't a choice.http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif Because that's another HUGE thing that Reflections and Ubisoft should focus on (just like having all vehicles operable with realistic physics) in my opinion.

InsaneDriver06
08-27-2007, 02:26 PM
Taking Driver online would be a must for big sales.

And yes, in-depth vehicle and character customization is a MUST for the game to have lasting appeal.

lb003g0676
08-31-2007, 07:10 AM
I want all the on foot **** to be forgotten. It is still possible and can be useful for a number of things like setting up stunts or (bridges in Miami in Driv3r) it definitely needs to be improved from Driv3r as well, so the animations are fluid.

But focus needs to be on pristine environments and superb car action with a number of innovative new and weird car missions, which really only a talented driver could perform. And give me a detailed HUD on all the specs of my car that a driver would realistically know!

Film director would be implementable though this game even if it were sandbox (hopefully) by going into a recording mode, then editing the recording after the session is over.

InsaneDriver06
09-05-2007, 03:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lb003g0676:
I want all the on foot **** to be forgotten. It is still possible and can be useful for a number of things like setting up stunts or (bridges in Miami in Driv3r) it definitely needs to be improved from Driv3r as well, so the animations are fluid.

But focus needs to be on pristine environments and superb car action with a number of innovative new and weird car missions, which really only a talented driver could perform. And give me a detailed HUD on all the specs of my car that a driver would realistically know!

Film director would be implementable though this game even if it were sandbox (hopefully) by going into a recording mode, then editing the recording after the session is over. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On Foot definitely needs to 'steer' the focus on driving, as it's the series strongest point. On Foot could be useful for "Pursuit Force" type actions, like leaping from car to car, bike stunts, leaping out of cars, collecting parts from stores, etc.

I'm definitely wondering how a game could offer On Foot AND keep the Driving the main focus of the game. On Foot is a nice option, but has little to do with great car chases. Then again, every game could use some variation instead of constantly driving.

Slayer_591
09-08-2007, 07:16 PM
No robot walking.

Maybe in the game,you can do certain moves around a car. Like run to the car and roll on the hood so can reach the other side to either get in the car or take cover from gun shots...

InsaneDriver06
09-09-2007, 01:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Slayer_591:
No robot walking.

Maybe in the game,you can do certain moves around a car. Like run to the car and roll on the hood so can reach the other side to either get in the car or take cover from gun shots... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To keep Driver focused on driving, maybe they could also keep on foot indoors, like in your garage, house, stores, parking lots.

Otherwise, as much as I like on foot to go anywhere, there's not much focus on driving once you get out of your vehicle, and it becomes a comparison to GTA's on foot features. That's the main design problem I can see with on foot, which Reflections will have to tackle.

Assaultmachine1
09-15-2007, 10:46 AM
As I've mentioned in my last post at the one topic about an approach of mine for two new Driver games, I stated that the on-foot doesn't need to be featured at all. Instead, we can have a pop-up menu, which gives you a selection of options on what to choose to do, meaning that you could go through areas like dealers for vehicles and of taking out or putting vehicles into your garage this way. Plus, it would take a lot of the bad concepts of on-foot that Driver has always had for it going, which was to make the on-foot a very small percentage of the game and that was just not enough to offer. Knowing that Reflections will probably never decide to move any higher than 10-30% of the game focused on on-foot, it is no reason for us to have to suffer playing through a repetitive part of the experience.

InsaneDriver06
09-16-2007, 12:31 PM
Having On Foot in Driver 2 was a bit like playing Gran Turismo with the option to get out and walk around. It's a nice option, but without any real purpose other than exploration as a human. With that kind of limited interaction, it's best used as an ON/OFF option, so fans of ON FOOT won't be disappointed.

I know I'd have on foot ON all the time, even if it's for nothing more than walking around and entering buildings, walking through forests, etc when not driving. But for the missions, I want to be driving.

Noodles76
09-17-2007, 04:39 PM
i dunno if its been said already but why dont games have semis WITH trailers driving around? in driver ive seen only ONE time where the AI was drving a semi with a trailer but it was not on a street, more in an industrial alley.

yea needs to be slightly less shooting even tho i liek popping tires and such and being able to shoot at people but missions solely shooting annoyed me. i like being able to take your time to get to certian places instead of the origional driver or driver 2 where you had to kill someone in X ammount of time or somehting.

NEEDS MORE CARS AND TRUCK to steal/drive around.

i would have to say my favorite driver games are the ones where you get a few cities to explore its the only reason why i still play driv3r because i get to drive around istanbul in an old impalla knockoff car.

i do like how they in driver parallel lines when in the future every now and then saw a few of the old cars(just like in real life)

InsaneDriver06
09-17-2007, 10:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Noodles76:
i dunno if its been said already but why dont games have semis WITH trailers driving around? in driver ive seen only ONE time where the AI was drving a semi with a trailer but it was not on a street, more in an industrial alley.

yea needs to be slightly less shooting even tho i liek popping tires and such and being able to shoot at people but missions solely shooting annoyed me. i like being able to take your time to get to certian places instead of the origional driver or driver 2 where you had to kill someone in X ammount of time or somehting.

NEEDS MORE CARS AND TRUCK to steal/drive around.

i would have to say my favorite driver games are the ones where you get a few cities to explore its the only reason why i still play driv3r because i get to drive around istanbul in an old impalla knockoff car.

i do like how they in driver parallel lines when in the future every now and then saw a few of the old cars(just like in real life) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with what you said. And yes, 18 Wheelers need to be much more common in the new Driver. I see them ALL the time where I live, especially on the freeways.

And yes, I don't play the missions anymore, just drive around and explore the cities.

Noodles76
09-18-2007, 02:37 PM
haha yea i dont play the missions anymore either. either thier too long to do or you already know what happens so theres no really suprise.

i also think there needs to be a more variety of the cars you see, i mean comon how often do you see 4 of the same car in the same location just a different color?(taxi's are an exception)

same with my location, cant go 2 minutes without seeing a semi.

i like everything you have in your sig, especially the interior car dashboard view. i have GTA sa and i modded the living **** outa it and used one of the many camera hacks so i can drive around seeign thru the drivers eyes. makes speedign and accidents alot more realistic/kinda scary! (tried to beat a train once wowza scared the **** outa me when it kept rollin the car) does anyone know of a camera hack for driver? that would make my day!

Driverman2006
09-18-2007, 03:00 PM
I agree with both InsaneDriver06 and Noodles76 on the trucks. Yes, I do want to see 18 wheelers haul trailers in traffic.

InsaneDriver06
09-19-2007, 12:32 PM
Yeah, half the fun of riding on a freeway is dodging 18 wheelers. Sega's 18 Wheeler and OutRun included Tractor Trailers on the freeways. Can't think of many other games though.

GTASA's in-dash camera mod sounds nice. Something the original game should have offered in my opinion. PS2 games rarely offered an in-dash view, but now PS3/360 driving games have it thankfully.

DPL should've had in-dash view. Hopefully the next Driver won't make the mistake of excluding it.

DriverKid
10-17-2007, 10:37 PM
Once again I've added EVEN MORE to the poll list and it's way better then before.

InsaneDriver06
10-18-2007, 10:30 AM
If Reflections wanted to bring back the on foot in Driver 5, they should at least match the level of action from a game like Stranglehold, but would also be smart to consider the gameplay of a FPS.

Otherwise, the vehicles will be the real stars of the game, and the on foot will just be 'so-so' as it's been so far.

DriverKid
10-18-2007, 09:13 PM
I do hope that they improve the on-foot and actually make there be more to do besides side missions after the game is beat. It's so boring after you've beaten the game and played all the races and side missions. All you can do is battle the cops and blow up traffic and do that bus-Antilli VO3 Special glitch and that gets boring too.

InsaneDriver06
10-19-2007, 08:51 AM
Yeah, the on foot in the Driver series offers very little besides some really basic moves with little interaction besides walking and dull shooting, especially in DPL. In DPL, I'll walk around for a short time, get bored and hop in a car, on a motorcycle and the game becomes somewhat entertaining again, thanks to the traffic weaving, which keeps the driving from getting stale. In Driv3r, the nearly empty streets and slow top speed of 88 mph (according to Reflections) equals dull gameplay besides the basic crashes. It was fun at first, but now...

DriverKid
10-19-2007, 07:07 PM
The only interaction you could do on foot besides cars and guns was making cars stop on the drawbridges and making them go up (glitchy explosions happen once and a while) and watch the cars come flying down.

InsaneDriver06
10-27-2007, 03:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DriverKid:
The only interaction you could do on foot besides cars and guns was making cars stop on the drawbridges and making them go up (glitchy explosions happen once and a while) and watch the cars come flying down. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In Miami, you're right. I forgot about the lever switches. That bridge moves way too fast to make good use of. I hit the switch, then try to hop in the car to hit the ramp, but it's already up or down.